Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #256  

I was up .3 lbs at weigh-in today, probably the weight of my socks. LOL Things are getting better with the one remaining FD and my stress level is almost back to normal. Here are a couple receipes for you all to try. They are really good.

Crustless Chicken and Broccoli Quiche

2 c broccoli florets coarsley chopped
cooking spray
2 TB dry bread crumbs
3 TB flour
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 c skim milk
1 TB Dijon mustard
1 (4oz) egg subsitute
1 1/2 c chopped roasted chicken
1/2 c reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp paprika

Cook broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Coat a 9" pie plate with Pam; sprinkle with bread crumbs, set aside. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add milk and mustard. Stir in egg subsitute, add chicken and 1/4 c cheese. Stir well and pour into pie plate. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c cheese and paprika. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings 167 calories 5.3 grams fat 1.9 grams fiber

Crustless Crab Quiche

2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
3/4 lbs sliced mushrooms
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 c nonfat cottage cheese
1/2 c nonfat yogurt
1/4c flour
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 lb crabmeat
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c chopped scallions

Heat oven to 350. Lightly spray pie plate with Pam. Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet.
Saute onions, transfer to bowl, add 1 tsp oil to pan and cook mushrooms, 5 to 7 minutes. Add to the onion mixture. In a food processor, blend egs, egg whites, cottage cheese, yogurt, flour, parmesan cheese, red pepper, salt, pepper until smooth. Mix with the veggies. Fold in crab, cheddar cheese and scallions. Pour into pie plate. Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings 219 calories 8 grams fat

Crustless Chicken and Broccoli Quiche

2 c broccoli florets, coarsley chopped
cooking spray
2 TB dry bread crumbs
3 TB flour
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 c skim milk
1 TB Dijon mustard
1 (4oz) egg subsitute
1 1/2 c chopped roasted chicken
1/2 c shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp paprika

Heat oven to 350. Cook broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Coat 9" pie plate with Pam; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Set aside. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add milk and mustard. Stir in egg subsitute, add chicken and 1/4 c cheese. Stir well. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c cheese and paprika. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
Yield: 6 167 calories 5.3 grams of fat 1.9 grams fiber

Skinny Crab Quiche

1 can (6oz) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
1 1/2 c shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1/2 c shredded zucchini
1/3 c chopped green onion
1 1/2 c egg subsitute
1 can (12oz) Fat free evaporated milk
3/4 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp salt free lemon pepper
dash paprika

In a bowl, combine the crab cheese, zucchini and onions. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9" deep pie plate coated with Pam. In another bowl, combine the egg subsitute, milk, mustard, salt and lemon pepper; mix well. Pour into the crust. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes or till center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 6 servings 223 calories 9 grams fat trace fiber

Early Riser Oven Omelet

10 egg whites
5 eggs
1 c Fat free skim milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 c cubed cooked lean ham
1 c chopped fresh broccoli
1 c reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
3 TB finely chopped onion
In a bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into a deep 9" pie plate coated with Pam. Sprinkle with the ham, broccoli, cheese, tomato and onion. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set.
Yield: 6 servings 230 calories 10 grams fat 1 gram fiber

Breakfast Casserole

12oz reduced fat bulk pork sasuage
1 medium onion chopped
2 eggs
4 eggs whites
2 c skim milk
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 slices white bread cubed
2 c (8oz) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese

In a skillet, cook sasuage and onion until sasuage is no longer pink; drain and cool. In a large bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
Stir in the bread cubes, cheese and sasuage mixture. Pour into a 9X13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Yield: 12 servings 211 calories 11 grams fat 1 gram fiber
Old 10-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #257  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

Tina, My goodness, I’m glad to hear that the kid at the school was caught. How scary to think of what could have happened. A new exercise machine sounds like fun. Size 14, woohoo! I don’t think I’ve worn a 14 for at least 15 – 16 years. How fantastic that you’re wearing that size now. You’re doing so well! What kind of birthday party do you have planned for Alyssa?

Hi Louie, the fair was great fun. I rode a few rides with my kids. Things I was afraid I wouldn’t fit in last year. That part was great fun. I ate a few things I normally wouldn’t have, but I enjoyed it, and in the long run, it didn’t hurt anything.

Stacy, What do you think of the new job? You know when you forced yourself to go to the gym even when you weren’t motivated and didn’t want to? That’s your commitment to weight loss, doing it when you don’t feel like it. You deserve a couple of carrots for that! I’m with you on the calorie count thing. I lose best when I keep mine around 1650, but I’ve been around 1800 (or more) most every day lately (and the scales not moving….hummmm).

Cheryl, Good that the laptop is working now. I am so glad that Aunt Flo doesn’t visit me anymore (well she comes every six months, sometimes, if the pills that I take work that time ). The recipes look great. Thanks for posting those.

Hi Kreen, Good to see you here. As I said, Aunt Flo doesn’t visit me anymore, but I’m glad to see that your weight loss and exercise has had a positive effect on your cramps, etc.

Emily, if you can run for 23 minutes, in my book you are already a runner! Hope your little one had a great birthday. I love BK, I’m glad I didn’t have to go. I probably wouldn’t have made good choices there. I loved the photos of you and your family. Thanks for sharing the link.

Robbin, I bet the scales will be back down as soon as TOM is over. Two little pieces of pizza’s not a big deal. I could eat that in my sleep I’m glad to hear Mark wouldn’t require surgery.

The scales have been stuck here at my house. I'm trying to cut my calories a bit, they've run a bit high lately. I woke up with back ache this morning and only exercised for 20 minutes this morning. I hope I feel up to more tomorrow morning. DH gave me a back rub with Icy Hot to try to get that muscle to relax but it didn't help much.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 AM   #258  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies how is everyone this morning? I am great, I guess I really was holding lots of water weight cause this morning the scales were at 221. YAY!!! I am gonna take it and move my ticker.

Cheryl – Glad to hear your stress level is getting better. The recipes sound great and give me new ideas for my dinners. Can’t wait to try them.

Tammy – Send your hubby my way I could really use a good back rub LOL my husband tries but he isn’t very good at it. Sorry to hear the scales are stuck but one good thing is that they haven’t gone up any.

Well Ladies I gotta get to my fitday before it is time to clock in. Check back later.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #259  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Morning, Ladies

Just a fly by for me this morning as I get ready to head out to work. It has been a busy week and I am away for the weekend, so if I don't get back before tomorrow have a great weekend.

Take care and TTYS
Old 10-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #260  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Good foggy morning, at least here in TN anyway. My goodness, it is SO hard for me to get going with these cool, foggy, dark mornings. I wake up fine, then take dd to school, see all the fog and just want to crawl back in my bed. I am up and moving but going very slow today. I keep hearing this voice in the back of my head whispering "the gym"...so i guess i will get ready to go in a few minutes. I just feel lazy today but the best way to get rid of that lazy is to get up off my butt.

Robbin- 221 WOOHOO. .

Jtammy- I am liking the new job. I am doing medical transcription for a local gastroenterologist, which makes me happy. I love the medical field. What is with the both of us and our calories lately. I just cant seem to get it under 1400, i would have liked at least 2 days of calories below 1400.

Cheryl- I bet you are up 0.3 lbs because of the stress. I have read that even if you eat the same amount of calories, if you have increased stress, you will lose less than on weeks that you have more stress....something about hormones or something. Once your stress gets back to normal for a while, i bet the weight will just fall off. Thank you so much for those quiche recipes. YUM, YUM. Cant wait to try them...its great that some would be good for breakfast and some good for dinner. I need some dinner ideas, so those will be a nice change.

Jelynn- That sucks about your gain this week. You may have just weighed in on the "wrong day". My scale is crazy like that. My official day is friday, sometimes i will weigh 2 pounds lighter on thursday than on friday, then it will be back down two pounds again by saturday...SO SO SO frustrating. But then the next week i will have like a 3.5 pound loss...so it all comes out in the wash. That is funny about McD's...it tastes so good going down but boy i sure feel gross and greasy and bloated after i eat anything from Mcd for some reason. Although, i hate to admit, that will probably be my splurge lunch tomorrow. That is the only resturaunt close to my work...but we will see. Glad you got a new washer and dryer. We bought one of those new washers just a month or two ago and i LOVE it. Seems like i can go through a mound of clothes in half the time and it doesnt even seem that much bigger, i guess missing the middle aggitator makes a world of difference. OH, plus, my favorite part about it, is that it adds the downey when it needs it...i dont have to listen for the rince cycle anymore.

Ok, i have put it off long enough...gotta go to the gym.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:43 AM   #261  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone- just a quick post today. I need to go shopping in a minute to get birthday party stuff. I'll be glad when it's over-- is that bad? lol

Had a good t-tapp workout this morning even though I didn't want to get out of bed. Even half way through I was trying to talk myself into quitting, but I stuck it out

I have a feeling my "gain" has something to do with all the diet coke I've been drinking. I know it bloats me up, but I can't give it up...yet. trying to cut down a bit.

Anyway- I'll try to post again later. Happy Thursday!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #262  
Mom of 4

Hey ladies I found us on page two this morning. I guess everyone has been busy.

Well I just popped in to let ya know the scales are still 221 YAY. Today is my birthday and I thing the best gift is the one I have given myself. 55 pounds gone forever.

Hope everyone is doing good. Check back later.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #263  
Domestic Engineer

Happy Birthday Robbin!!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #264  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Good Friday morning. Lost 2.2 at weigh in this morning...woohoo. That put me into the 30 pounds gone range AND i got to add a dragonfly. I didnt think i would pull it off...i was weighing in pretty heavy last night at 3 pounds up from ticker weight...i dont know what happened but i lost the 3 pounds up, plus two to boot. I even took a risk and weighed several times and it was the same all times.

Robbin- Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear robbin, happy birthday to you. And big congrats on that scale staying down. Pounds lost is definately the best present you can give yourself. WTG.

Jelynn-Good for you for doing that workout anyway. I know that feeling well, the one where you have to push for every single second you are doing it...then FINALLY, what a sense of accomplishment when you stick to it and do the whole routine. Good job.

Ok, back to work, talk to you gals later.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #265  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies -- I know I went MIA again for a long time, but many stressful happenings going on in my life, and I've been very depressed for awhile now. I wanted to let all of you know that my mom passed away Tuesday morning, and we buried her yesterday. She did have another major surgery on her leg, from where the bone cancer had been, just at the end of August, and came through it very well. She had to be in a rehabilitation center for a month and the day after she came back to her own home, she had a mild heart attack, and then was in congestive heart failure. This past weekend, she fell in her apartment and hurt her good leg very bad, and had been in the hospital ever since. They think she threw a blood clot that went to her heart, but we don't know for sure. She was doing very good on Tuesday morning and they were in the process of getting her discharge papers together and within a half hour, she had passed away in her bed. This is the worst thing I've ever had to go through in my whole life, and I know they say that time heals, but this will take a long long time. I'm thankful the cemetery is just about a mile from my home so I'm able to go visit her often. All I can keep thinking and wishing is that I had one more time to talk with her, and give her a hug and kiss. I had been back on plan since October 1st and losing weight and exercising again, but the weight I've been losing lately is not a healthy way, because I just have no appetite at all right now. I hope all of you have a good day.

Hugs, Michelle
Old 10-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #266  
Mom of 4

Michelle I know that there is nothing anyone can do or say to make you feel better right now but please know we are all here for you. If you need a shoulder to cry on or just a pep talk you can always pm me. Very sorry for your loss.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #267  

Michelle...I'm so sorry for your loss. I truely believe that our love ones are always around us, you are not able to hear her, but I think you will feel her presence. There is nothing wrong with you talking to her be it at home or at the cemetary. We are here for you!

Robbin...Happy Birthday my friend!!! Your right, 55 lbs gone is a wonderful gift you have given yourself.

Stacy...WhoooHoo on 2 lbs gone. Wish the fairy fat mother would come my way. Hope she shows up this weekend.

Doing pretty good staying on track today. The FD has been a pain, but what else is new. Got the truck back from the shop and it didn't break us. Hubby is going to try and put the new heater in this weekend. Hope that goes better than the starter did. I sure could of used the heater today, it was 32 and my hands sure were cold on the drive home. We are going to be cold all weekend. At least the snow isn't flying.

Cheryl
Old 10-21-2006, 07:05 PM   #268  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi chickies, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Robbin, You are almost in the 210s. Yeehaw!! I hope you had a great birthday. Yes, losing that weight has been the best gift you could have had. Just think, by your next birthday, you’ll be able to celebrate that you’ve met your goal!

Louie, I hope you have had a good weekend away.

Stacey, I was finally able to bring my calories back down this week. And, as soon as I do, the scales start moving. Coincidence?? I think not! Well actually, I think it is good to fluctuates calories higher some days then lower other days. YAY on adding another dragonfly.

Emily, Good for you for doing that workout even when you didn’t feel like it. But doesn’t that feeling at the end make it all worth it?

Michelle, It’s so nice to see you on this thread (We’re also on the WATP thread together). I know you will have some good days and some bad days as you grieve for your mom. But keep checking in here with us as you feel able to. We’re here for you.

Cheryl, My goodness it’s cold there isn’t it! I hope the fat fairy visits you this weekend.

I have had a couple of days this week with a loss, so I’m celebrating 120 lost as of today! I didn’t exercise Thursday or Friday due to back pain, but I’m back at it today, since I felt much better. I also helped my son pick up trash at the football field today. He earned $60 for it, and I was going to go along and walk while he did the work, but I ended up helping him, since it was taking him forever. He’s trying to save his money to buy a bass guitar, so it’s for a good purpose at least.

This coming week will be another challenging week for me, as I have a conference Tuesday – Friday. The good news is that the hotel has an exercise room, so I’ll be able to exercise. Of course, the downside is that every meal at the conference will have things I shouldn’t eat (desserts for example).

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 278/203/165

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone! Glad to see you are doing so well. Thanks for the answers on the cramps thing, lol and also for the kudos on spin classes. I wish all of you would try them, they are just sooo GOOD! Yes they are hard work, but so rewarding! and addictive! uhmmm.

Happy Birthday Robbin. My scale said 222 today so we are about the same weight, wanna race to the 210s? Let's try to get there by the end of the month, it could totally happen!

Tammy- You are a rockstar! 120 lost!?!?!?! WOW, way to go girl!

Stacy-congrats on losing 2 lbs! That's just fantastic!

Jelynn! Quit drinking that diet soda girl, it probably is the reason you were up. You should be back down in no time once you stop having it. They will still be making them once you reach your goal, so you can have them then, lol.

Hope everyone is having a great week end. Mine is going well, I am down 2.4lbs this week! YAY!
Keep up the great work everyone!

Last edited by Kreen; 10-22-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:30 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 278/203/165

Height: 5'7

Michelle,
Terribly sorry about your loss. I know you will pull thu and be strong. We are all here for you! My thoughts are with you and yours at this time.
Closed Thread