Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:07 PM   #136  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Hey girls - Gonna do a few quick personals & then give you my updates! I feel bad that I've not done personals in so long... I know that is what keeps this group going! But here lately, I haven't had alot to give. *whineymode* Things are just SOOO busy right now. I'm selling in garage sales the next 2 weekends, so have been getting things ready for that. Then, my twins bday party is in 3 weeks, so had to get invitations out for that. Work has been crazy with deadlines, and on my lunch breaks I'm running errands. Then, after work, I cook dinner, eat, bathe the twins & get them in bed, then it's off to the gym. It seems like it's a neverending race these days. Of course, Halloween has also been on my mind, and I was out buying costumes this weekend. They are going to be Care Bears (so cute!). I got them for around $10/ea. at the children's resale shop. Anyhow, like I said, I'm barely keeping my head above water these days, but love to come read how everyone is doing, even if I can't muster up the enthusiasm to post much. Thanks for putting up with me during this season of my life. This too shall pass!

Louie - Glad to see you posted lengthier posts! teehehe That's awesome you have found some more support in your co-worker. Having support makes it SOO much easier!

Emily - Your detox plan sounds like a great idea! Hope that works out for you! I must say, though... your goals seem REALLY high IMO. I'm doing good to get in my 3 workouts/week. Of course, having kids makes life busy, too -- do you have kids? I can't imagine having the time to get in 6 workouts/week! Wow! I think the others sound good, though! The weight will just be melting off of you!!

Robbin - Look at all those happy dances in your siggy!! You go girl! Sounds like I'm not the only one who indulged this weekend! Get back on track & it comes off quick! (I'm living proof! ... will type more on this in a minute!)

Tina - you are just oozing enthusiasm today! I wasn't going to do personals tonight, but your enthusiasm was catching! So here I am! That sandwich sounds excellent! I almost had a Chicken Bruschetta sandwich the other night at the movies (Ciabatta bun stuffed with a grilled chicken breast, Roma tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and provolone cheese) instead of my horrible choice... that's kind of what your sandwich reminds me of. Good for you on resisting dinner with your parents! You are on a roll, girl!

Stacy - Keep doing the right things, girl, and that scale will catch up! I've only had spaghetti squash once, and DH said never again! LOL At least not that he will eat! It was "okay"... and when you think about all the calories you save, you can kind of learn to love it... KWIM? I may have to start buying those when I know we're having spaghetti. Although, we've been having wheat pasta, so that's pretty healthy, too.

Well, ladies... My GOOD news! The 5 pounds went away fast & took another with it! That's right! I'm down another pound! Woot! And tonight when I worked out, I went an extra 5 minutes on the elliptical. Woo hoo! Pretty soon, I've got to adjust my max. WW points downwards... that's kind of scary, but I'm sure it will be fine.

OK, lots of emails to get thru before I crash for the night. Was good "talking" to all of you! TTYL!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #137  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey there ladies, how is everyone today? I am doing pretty good even though the scales did not move and still say 228.8. Oh well I think TOM is the reason. Here are a few personals before I gotta clock into work.

Tina – Glad to hear your temps are back to normal. I could not handle September Snow, that would suck. Just do some major water chuggin and you will just flush all that sodium out.

Emily – Great to hear from you, I understand the being busy and not having computer time but make sure you fit in time for you, this bunch of girls is the best thing going in weight loss and will really help you stay on track.

Stacy – Don’t freak too much about the 5 pounds, it is most likely just Water Weight, there is no way an oreo ice cream could make you go up that much. Chug some water and give your work out an extra 5 minutes and you would be really surprised at how much it helps. You are doing great, keep it up.

Michelle - I am so glad you have finally figured out what makes you so miserable. I know the shots are not gonna be a big party but once they kick in and you can breath again you will feel like throwing a party. My oldest boy is very allergic to grass and breaks out severely with hives from head to toe if he does not stay on his meds. LOL he plays football so you can bet we keep the meds on hand at all times.

Tammy – A trip would be such a wonderful reward, ya think your hubby will pull though with paris? Mine would probably tell me “HUH, you were serious? Sorry I didn’t think you were” LOL, men, gotta love them(or do we?).

Shawn – WOW Glad the pounds are falling off. You are now lower than me by a pound. I am gonna have to work extra hard to catch up.

Well girls better bet busy. Check back later.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:16 AM   #138  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good morning ladies! Well yesterday was a hit, but didn't reflect it on the scale. I knew 212 was too good to be true! Should I change my ticker?? I had lettuce wraps lastnight for dinner...first time for me. Boy were they good! Chicken and veggies inside...quite a good meal and it was low cal, low fat and low carb...can't get any better than that! It will definitely be on the menu again! I gotta a question...I've upped the anty with my water intake and I don't seem to be peeing that much. Does your body get used to the amount you give it and don't need to pee that often or am I retaining?? It's driving me bonkers! I wanna pee lots! hahaha TMI I know!

Stacy, sorry the scale is being a bugger to you right now. But you gotta know it will start to reflect all your hard work again. Just keep doing what you know is best and don't let it get to you. I know easier said than done. But you realize that the evil little guy on your shoulder wants you to get annoyed so much that you'll be easier to cave into to temptations. Head up, shoulders back and move out! You'll come outta this soon!

Shyla, glad I'm not the only one who thinks (far) ahead. Alyssa wants to be a cat and I haven't found one yet. There are costumes already out...hey might as well look! hehe! Don't be fooled into thinking you have nothing to give, you have everything to give by coming here. I'm glad I persuaded you to come and sit awhile hehe! It'll do ya some good. Congrats on that amazing lost! You certainly have found your groove, I think I am going to add an extra 5 minutes this morning to my walk too, and dedicate to you!

Robbin, let me tell you a secret...shhhh...but when the snow hit I started playing Christmas music! hahaha! I know I'm a total nut, but it made me feel so festive! Just a warning...wait until Christmas season is here, you'll find out how much I love it! Isn't it so draining to have a love/hate relationship with that scale. Sometimes it makes you wanna pull your hair out. Like it's the whole scales fault for reporting the truth about ourselves...haha! Hang in there!

Well I'm off to pound a few myself. Have a great day girls, make it happen today!

TTFN!
~Tina
Old 09-19-2006, 11:28 AM   #139  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone,
I had a great day yesterday and am feeling more in control. I did 30 minutes yesterday on the treadmill (2 miles with some s-l-o-w running) and it felt so great to move and sweat again! I woke up this morning and did a full t-tapp workout (about 50 minutes) and I've practically already had all my water for the day, lol. My eating is better...no chocolate bars bought at the checkout or peanut M&Ms (my weakness!)

Tina- we didn't get snow here, thank goodness! Hopefully it will hold off until at least November! I want to enjoy the Fall!

Stacey- I love spaghetti squash with marinara too! Great alternative to high carb pasta Try not to stress about those 5 lbs...I agree there is no way they are "fat lbs" so just keep doing what you're doing and the scale will reward eventually...

Michelle- how miserable with those allergies! I had an awful time last Spring with something-- I can't imagine it being constant. Hope you can find something that works for you.

Hi Shawn- yes, I know my goals are high...but I have found with myself that if I give myself an inch I take a mile sort of thing and it's just not working for me. I've been successful in the past and I know what I have to do. I do have kids- 4 of them, so yes life is busy, but I have to make this a priority! I am so tired of being FAT! lol I see your little girls are almost 2-- My youngest (girl) just turned 2 on Saturday. I also have a 3.5 yo boy who is only about an inch taller...I get asked all the time when we are out if they are twins. She is tall and he is tiny, lol.

Tammy- how cool- a trip to Paris!! You have done so awesome, I have no doubt you'll get there!

to everyone else...I'm still trying to remember everyone
Here's to a great day!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #140  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Ladies

Can I just say "YOU GUYS ROCK !!!" I have been the notorious fly-by Louie for about the last month, yet I know I can still drop in and get all the support and encouragement that I need. So a big to each and every one of you !!!

So the lady at work and I have come up with nicknames for one another. She is Anna... yes as in Anna Nicole Smith.. I know she probably didn't lose weight in one of the most sensible ways..but we were stuck for names LOL and I got Kirsty.. as in Alley (ya know Jenny Craig). So today at lunch I was at the mall and I found these cute zipper pulls with a little animal (one is a cat and the other a tiger) on them and names..so I bought one for "Anna" and one for "Kirsty" I have mine hanging by my desk at work, so when I feel like eating one of the million goodies that always seem to be on our floor I am going to use that to remind me not to !!!! So far it has done the trick.. we had bday cake at work today, but none for me.. Whoo hooo

I should really do personals but I feel like I am so far behind, so I am going to say congrats to those that had visits from the fairy fat mother, good luck to those of you that have weigh ins this week, and keep on keeping on to all of you

Have a great night and I will chat with y'all tomorrow
Old 09-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #141  

Evening Ladies...Just a quick pop in for tonight. I had a really nice weekend at the quilt retreat. I got one twin size top done except for the boarders. Tried to stay on program and I think I did pretty good. I haven't had time to step on the old scale and don't know if I will make Weight Watchers tomorrow. I have one girl home sick with the flu and I'm starting to feel yucky!
Congrats to all who had a loss this week. Great job!!! I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Will try to get back and post personals and pictures of the quilts tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 09-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #142  
Michelle

Hi All...

I am so happy- it is 50 degrees here...and low humidity! Fall is here, and I love it! All I need is frost and I'll be golden until spring...and even then, who knows-with the shots maybe I'l actually be a human come spring??? Anyway, I'm just enjoying the weather...

Louie, having a partner at work is always good...there are three of us in my office weigh in each Wednesday morning, and pay a dollar if we gain...that helps! That said, my student worker had a b-day today, and I did have a piece of cake-just a small piece, but it was in my calorie count, so it was ok!

Emily, sounds like you're getting intp the groove exercise wise- I am up to 2 miles a day on my new bike! Let's keep it up!!

Tina, I'm sorry you aren't peeing as much as you want, but I think maybe you are on to something with the body adjusting! Who knows, maybe your bod just needed some extra fluids...

Robbin, the doctor thought I was allergic to grass at first, but it turns out no-which is good! Although trees and mold aren't much better! I don't know how long the shots will take to kick in, but I get the feeling that by the time they do, I won't need them b/c it will have frosted and everything will be dormant! Guess I'm running on blind faith until spring!

Hey Shyla, I used to love Care Bears...that sounds like a cute idea for your kids! I know how busy things get for me-I certainly can't imagine kids in the mix! Hang in there and keep making a few minutes for you!!!

Stacy, I want to know how you cook the Spaghetti Squash...I have had it before and it was good, but I have no idea how to cook it! Hang in there w/the scale...it has to come around sooner or later!

Hope everyone else is well...keep on keepin' on...
Old 09-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #143  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Evening ladies, my goodness i am tired tonight. I want to go to bed early but the problem with that is, the sooner i go the sleep the sooner work seems to come. I am SO sick of my job, why cant i just win the lottery and be done with it already.

Well i did great with food, water, and exercise today. I have gotten my stride back, even if i havent gotten the scale to realize it yet. I was in a funk or depression or something but it seems to have passed, thank goodness. This is usually where i punk out, get bored, and quit all the hard work. So i have got to press on through. For some reason, something happens to me after i lose 20-30 pounds...i just seem to lose my momentum and start to give in here and there. Well today we had an office party complete with pizza and cookie cake. I had two SMALL peices of pizza and a single bite of the cookie cake. i was very proud, especially considering that people kept coming in to my office, knowing i am not eating that stuff anymore, and asking over and over, is that all you are going to eat? Calling me a party pooper and all that stuff. But i stood firm and didnt devour the bacon pizza and cookie cake, like i would have a few months ago. So i am happy with today.

Louie-That is so funny about you and your coworker coming up with nicknames. You all sound like a lot of fun. Glad your little name tag worked against all those evil goodies lurking in your office.

Jelynn_Wow, someone is on the ball. I can relate to the high goals. I have to do the same thing. If i dont, i tend to bend the rules too much. if i set my goals that high, if i bend the rules once in a while it is okay. Like if i try to workout just 3 days a week, i will skip a day here and skip a day there and before i know it, i am down to nothing again. So i have to have it at 6 days a week, that way i cant make a habit of NOT working out. I have it set in my head, no break til friday...period. Works for me too.

Tina-Dont you touch that ticker...although i am having the same question about my ticker...but i will leave it for a few days...maybe i will be back down by weeks end. Oooohhh lettuce wraps. I have made that before, and i loved it. Thanks for reminding me. I might just have to make those thursday night. I have upped the anti with my water too and i have been running to the potty all day. But that is how i know i was slacking before that because back when i was doing right with the water i didnt even go that much, but once i slacked off i didnt go hardly ever and now that i am back at drinking like a fish, i go constantly. So to answer your question, yes, my body does get used to drinking that much and i just have fewer but longer pees. Sorry if that is TMI.

Robbin-Seems like a lot of us are needing a visit from the fairy fat mother. What is the hold up? She needs to get busy. Glad you are doing well though and staying on program. It is so hard when the scale doesnt reflect it. But, we shall overcome.

Shyla-WTG on the weight loss this week. And good for you for adding that extra 5 minutes to your work out. That is an accomplishment. The first 5 and last 5 minutes are the hardest for me.

Ok, i think i hurt my back moving a couch around tonight, so i am going to take something and hopefully be off to dream land soon.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #144  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey girlies, hope everyone is doing good and staying on plan. I have been sticking to my guns on my eating and the scales reflected it this morning by being back to what my ticker says, 227. Maybe that means I will have another drop soon. I think TOM is gonna be here soon so that might throw me off.

I didn't get to exercise last night because I spent from 5:15 to 7:30 at parent teacher conferences. LOL, thats what happens when you have 4 kids, and ya know what, I have more to go to tomorrow night. YUCK!! My two teens have decided to slack off completely at school and are failing at least 2 classes each, needless to say they are severly grounded and will be lucky if I they ever get to have a social life again. I might be going overboard but I have taken every priviledge away and the only things they are allowed to do when they are not in school is to do their home work, house chores or read a book.

Well enough on that, I gotta get to work, I will check back later and try to get a few personals in when I take lunch.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:46 PM   #145  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies, I am so confused today that it's totally making me want to wave my arms in the air and yell "surrender"! The scales were up to 216.5, knock me off my feet! I did the extra 5 minutes yesterday on the treadmill. I had salad for lunch and a measily bowl of soup for dinner. I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT! Sorry to plop all this on you, I'm so not feeling up to par today. I did manage to stick to my guns and eat on target today, but I did not get to my walking. I know, I know, I know I can't change things unless I stick with it. I just feel heavy, anyone feel like that? Enough of that, if I start to wallow then it will be heck to get out of it. On the brighter note, Biggest Loser starts tonight. I always draw so much inspiration and motivation from that show. Maybe that will cheer me up.

Emily, wow! You go girl! You'll be back to losing in no time. Great job, you're such an inspiration to me right now. I needed to hear someone with that drive again.

Louie, I love the nicknames...LOL! Puts a little fun into the work it takes to losing weight. Congrats on sticking to your guns at the office party. That's the way to do it!

Cheryl, glad you had a good weekend away. You sure needed it. Now, be sure to sweep that ol' flu bug back under the rug. You don't need it!

Ryanmi, wow girl you're sure going on the bike! Awesome work!

Stacy, LOL @ lottery comment. Wouldn't we all wish that! I wish the scale would realize my efforts too! But I guess we have to believe that it will soon someday. Thanks for the potty info, believe it or not it does help to know that our bodies do infact get used to the amount of water we drink.

Robbin, you are making me look forward to teenage years already! LOL! Congrats on getting the scale back to your ticker! That's great news!

Have a great day ladies!
TTFN!
~Tina
Old 09-20-2006, 04:49 PM   #146  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all,

Michelle, I hope the allergy shots work wonders. Yeah, it must suck to not be able to breathe without getting congested and wheezy. I’m none too fond of shots either, but it would have to be better than being congested. Fall is my favorite season, it sounds like you love it also!

Shyla, Don’t feel pressured to do personals. Somedays we have time, somedays we don’t. I’m sure everyone understands if you don’t have time very often. I’m reading where you write to Emily about not having time to do more than 3 workouts/week. Your babies are still so young, but rest assured, you will have time again someday. Mine are 12 and 14 (gulp!) and although they still need me for a lot of things, I sure have more free time than I did ten years ago. Woah! Your five pounds went away so quickly and down another lb. Yeah! I’m still fighting my weekend dinner (more below) I haven’t done weight watchers in 15 years and we had exchanges then, so this may be a stupid question. How many points do you move down at a time? One or several?

Louie (or is it Kirsty ), It sounds great to have a real life buddy trying to lose weight also. I hope that works out well for you. I’m pretty lucky (?) in that my small office is almost entirely women (1 man who is a courier and is out almost all day) and we are all either dieting or diabetic. There aren’t many treats left lying around.

Tina, Good for you for resisting eating out. KFC is a big weakness for me too! Hope you’re peeing lots by now. I would guess you are retaining, which is why the scales are being so weird. I’ve never had my body get used to the amounts of water I’ve given it. Some days I’m running back and forth every hour; some days I hardly ever go, then the next time I go I can really tell that I’ve given till there’s nothing left to give, so to speak. Then the scales seem to drop overnight. That’s gotten to be the normal routine for the last 20 lbs or so. TMI -- sorry.

Stacy, The fruit and veggie game sounds like fun. We’ve tried spaghetti squash before, but just didn’t love it. I need to try it again, maybe in a different recipe. White flour pasta isn’t on my plan, and I just can’t seem to get excited about whole wheat pasta, but I used to love pasta (I loved it too much). It would be good to find some way to substitute the squash that we would enjoy. I hope the scales are playing nice again. They can be so weird. Good for you for resisting the food pushers at work. Why do people have to do that?

Hi Emily, I hope you’ve got your groove back by now. I saw our library had a t-tapp book. Is it a step aerobics program?

Robbin, Weekends are harder for me too. They don’t have as much routine, so everything seems to be more difficult, from exercise, water and food. NO, I definitely don’t think my husband will really pull through with a trip for me if I get to my goal. I imagine he would say the exact same thing you think your husband would say. Yeah, gotta love him anyway. We have parent teacher conferences next week. My DD is very conscientious and would never knowingly not do an assignment. But my DS is such a slacker when it comes to school, although he actually finds it much easier than DD, and is in gifted classes because he’s so darn smart. But he doesn’t care about grades. If he’s been slacking again this year, he’ll be grounded too.

Cheryl, Glad to hear the retreat was good. I haven’t seen any of your photos, so I can’t wait to see them. I tell myself that I one of the things I want to do before I die is to learn to quilt (that and ballroom dancing). I hope you aren’t getting sick. Take care of yourself!

I’m having scale trouble too this week. I actually hit 230 on Saturday morning. I never had time to change my ticker then we went out to dinner Saturday night and I had a couple of things I wouldn’t normally have (a buttered roll and some peanuts) and the scale had been all over the place (well, up at least, never down) ever since. It's been bouncing between 235 and 232 ever since. Exercise has been good this week. I've walked each day (5 miles yesterday!) and plan to get some more time in tonight. I've bought a few new pieces of clothing lately. Almost everything in my closet is tooo big. Everytime I have to start wearing new clothes, it really brings out the compliments AND the questions. Although I love the compliments, at times it can be distracting. I'll be right in the middle of working on something and someone that I haven't seen for a while will come over and want to know all the details of how much and how have you lost weight. I have 21 branches at work that I have to visit occasionally, so once I see everyone at those 21 branches, maybe we won't have to keep discussing it. I know I sound strange, but at times, I just get tired of people asking so many questions, especially when I sense they are really just being nosey, not interested for any other reason. Oh well, enough whining. Take care everyone!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #147  

Evening Ladies...Home sick with the flu and all I have done today was sleep or in the bathroom. I did manage to weigh myself this morning and I was up a pound.
Not bad considering all the food that was tempting me at retreat. Found out we need to buy a new mother board for our laptop, only $300. Guess I will be using the old dinosaur till we get this one fix. I wanted to post personals tonight,but I just don't feel up to it. Tomorrow, I promise.

Here are the picutres of the quilts. The first two are of the kids quilt. The third is one I made out of my scrapes for my sister-in-law. The forth is one I made at the quilt retreat last year. It goes to a girl we consider a daughter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-455S.jpg (73.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-459S.jpg (68.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-456S.jpg (69.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-457S.jpg (68.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #148  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello all, doing well today drinking lots and lots of water to get rid of this www. My face/neck/chin was so bloated, it is starting to come off. But i had a haircut, so i couldnt tell my face was bloated, thought it was just looking extra fat due to not-so-flattering haircut, but this morning it was significantly less, and the scale was 2 lbs down, so i am still up about 3 lbs at this point and crossing my fingers i can just break even on friday's weigh in. So i have decided to just be happy the scale is going in the right direction, even if it isnt where i want it to be yet. Had a great workout, didnt hate it at all today. Wonder why some days i feel every second and it takes FOREVER and then some days like today i could have gone forever.

What is in the air this week! Seems like everyone is "on plan" but for most, the scale is not showing it...whats the deal....where the heck is fairy fat mother? Did she take a vacation and just not tell anyone?

jtammy-I am SO over the food pushers at work. I love they way you refer to them, "food pushers" That is what they are though, they brought in donuts today and sit them in the hall so i pass by them about every 5 minutes...UHG. With the speghetti squash i make a REALLY chunky marinara, LOTS of veggies and some really lean ground beef, that seems to make it better than just plain marinara and make sure you drain the squash after you get it out of the shell. I leave mine in a collander for a few minutes. if you come up with any other good recipes using it though, be sure to share. I just love the stuff.

Tina-Heavy is the word, yes, you nailed it. That is how i have felt all week...better today but still heavier than what i should feel like. Just know that it will pass, mine is starting to subside...finally. Biggest loser is a good inspiration. That will work out well, i have celebrity fit club on sundays and bl on wednesday.

Ribbin-HOORAY... finally someone who is having success this week and the scale is actually showing. Oh problems with the teens. I have a 13 year old I am prepared for it to get worse before it gets better. He is getting kind of sharp tongued but yet on some things he is still my baby. What i really dread is my dd getting to be a teenager...she is a pistol at 7.

Ryanmi-I am right there with you sister...lets do a fall dance I am loving it. I had the door open at my office all day and the breeze was heavenly. I know your allergy struggle well, i have to use Rhinocort 8 months out of the year and i keep rx eye drops with me all year. Drives me nuts as much as i love the outdoors and fresh air. So glad you are liking your new bike. The way i cook speghetti squash is, poke it with a fork in a few places. Split it in half, deseed it, and then turn it cut side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 or more minutes at 375. When you scrape it out when it is done put what you have scraped in a collander to drain off any excess moisture, so its not soggy and then put it in a small casserole dish and cover with chunky marinara. DOUBLE YUM.

Cheryl-Cant wait to see your quilt. I am a quilt freak. I live in TN and went to omish country in OH on vacation a while back, just to look at quilts (and antiques)...too fun and got some great quilts too. Hope your family is feeling better soon...summer flu...yuck.

Ok gal, gotta get to biggest loser.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #149  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Gals ~ just home from work ... the traffic was horrible today, so took me a little bit longer then usual. Hubby poured me a cup of so thought I would take a minute to catch up with everyone.

Cheryl ~ so sorry that you are feeling under the weather ! Your quilts are beautiful, I especially love the coloring on the last one.

Jtammy ~ you are so luck to not have too many treats around the office.. today began the halloween chocolate bars. ARGGGGG.. but I did not have any YEAH FOR ME !!!

Tina ~ I so know how you are feeling, but you have done so great and will continue to do so.. hang in there Yes, Biggest Loser tonight, I am looking forward to it. I saw a commercial last night and I think they all States will be represented.. that is awhole bunch more people then they usually have ?!?!?

Robbin ~ yahooo.. congrats on the ticker move !!

Ryanmi ~ I am so glad to hear about you getting your allergies sorted out ! And yes I am also very happy that fall is upon us

To anyone I may have missed

Well I am off to see what hubby is brewing up for dinner. Have a great evening and I will TTYS
Old 09-20-2006, 09:25 PM   #150  
Domestic Engineer

Had a good workout day...did my t-tapp basic bright and early (short 20 minutes) and then mid-morning got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I've modified my goals a bit-- I'm doing a couch to 5K running program (again, lol) and the rest days are important so instead of 6 "cardio" days I just have to make sure I'm doing something- and my t-tapp counts so it's all good.

Tammy- t-tapp is awesome. Here is the true definition if you want to check it out:
http://www.t-tapp.com/faq/what-is-ttapp.asp
It's low impact, strength, flexiblity, and core training. I would say she uses components of yoga, pilates and ballet and works the body inside out. It focuses on linear alignment so all your body functions are working the way they are supposed to and really works the core. The focus is on muscle density and of course we know muscle burns fat so the more muscle we have the faster that process is...
I've been really impressed with it so far-- my sister who has been doing it for a couple years consisently looks amazing, just shrinked away really. I would highly recommend checking the book out and the website. You never know- it might ring true for you too!

Tina- sorry the scales aren't being so nice to you. I'll bet your body is just playing some games with your head and getting ready to go even below 212! Just wait it out and try not to get too discouraged (((hugs)))

Cheryl- your quilts are beautiful!! I am beyond impressed

Michelle- I love your nicknames too! How fun!

I'm excitied to watch The Biggest Loser tonight- it's quite motivating for me too

g'night!
Closed Thread