Old 05-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #196  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Tina...

CONGRATULATIONS on your new weight loss! You are doing SO good girlie! I have a question for you. Since you first started counting your calories in January, have you kept your range the same the whole time, or have you made any changes at all? I always wonder how I will know when I should be at a different range? Thanks and have a wonderful day!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:44 PM   #197  
300+ Chick

Elem...Bravo on getting WATP in! Keep it going!!

Meowee.. Bravo on your .2 Loss!! It is better than a gain..Be proud of it and keep plugging along!!

Robbin... Oh dear, just hang in there and make the best of it. Those cravings for junk foods is not easy to control. Hoping the evening will be much better for you and being in control of those junk food monsters! YOU are in control.. Stay strong sweetie!!

Tina... Bravo on your 1.5 loss!! That is great and keep up the good work..

Hiya Ladies.. No good news to report..did some house chores and was indoors when the sun finally came out today, which made me happy.. but for how long. I did not get a chance to do WATP..but walked out for a bit, and ate horrible. I need some self control and stop sabatoge myself like this. I am a scale watcher and when I binge on sweets, my weight creeps up 2 Lbs a day..instead of eating clean and losing..I will do my best on getting out and walk. I have a park that has a track and will do my best on counting my steps on that track tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening ladies.. Thank you for your caring words..You are the best!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:35 PM   #198  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Thanks Michelle for the congrats. In answer to your question, I do try to maintain my calories around the same amount. BUT, I am a firm believer in zig zagging your calories. It seems to work for me.

Liliann, thanks for the congrats aswell. Glad to hear you were able to get a walk in today. All the best to you walking the track tomorrow. Maybe it'll cheer you up!

Have a great evening ladies! I'll catch you in the A.M.!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #199  

Tina ~~ thanks for that info. I've heard a lot of people talk about zig zagging on the calorie forum.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #200  

Tina...Cangrats on your 1.5 pound loss, that's fantastic!

Liliann...Glad the sun decided to peak out and it cheered you up a bit. It's hard trying to resist the urges for sweets and salty foods. I try to keep junk food out of the house and only have healthy foods to eat like grapes, air pop popcorn, apples and ect. Grapes are really yummy frozen.

Robbin...Hope you were able to get through the day without the Mexican food. If you can't resist it next time, order what you want and ask for a container and put half of it away. Skip the chips and salsa.

Michelle...Hope you are having a much cooler day. It was just right here today, 75 with a slight breeze. Wish it would stay that way till Oct.

I was finally able to move my ticker down to 337 today. It seems like it has taken me forever to get past 338. Hopefully this is the last I will see of 340's.
Went out and did some shopping today, which means I got walking in as well.
Hope you all have a good evening.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #201  

Cheryl ~~ It ended up getting VERY hot again today, but it's suppose to start cooling down tomorrow. We'll see, because they said that about today! CONGRATULATIONS on getting to move your ticker down and for getting some walking in! I think I'll be moving my ticker up here soon, because I got off track AGAIN. It gets very discouraging for me to just not get it into my head to keep going! Tomorrow is a new day and I'll be back on track again. Have a good evening!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:37 PM   #202  
Lois

Hi Ladies....

Could not go to bed without checking in. I had an okay day. The weather was nice in the a.m. but the afternoon was thunderstorms. The ankle only has a slight soreness today so no way could I not workout!

Michelle, aww, no biggie... I've over looked posts myself. Girl, thank goodness for AC... I could not live without it! ! ! If the temps get over 85 I do my best to stay indoors. ...glad it was cooler today

Lillian, thanks... it feels great today. I popped in my 2 mile vid this evening I chose the WATP vids as my primary workout, or at least that's how it has turned out. I do throw in some others from time to time. I hope you're feeling better

Erin, Thanks and WTG on the workouts. I have an eliptical as well but have not been on it in a while. You are not the only one... the less I eat the less I lose! ...what a mind trip!

Linda, we have been getting drenched with the rain too! I hope the coming week is better for us both.

Robbin, sorry to hear your team lost ...they'll get 'em next time. I have experience that extra calorie, weight loss thing too... maybe it's that extra energy needed to burn off those extra calories. Oh I hope those cravings passed... hope you were strong and put off the temptations... I've been there and I gave in but I made sure to workout and having that occasional treat can keep you from feeling like you're depriving yourself.

Tina, Whoo Hooo... congrats on the loss. Girl you are awesome! I read the thread earlier and you inspired me to pop in that 2 mile vid, and I refused to post tonight unless I had worked out. Thanks for the motivation and send that fairy fat mother my way!

Cheryl, congrats on the loss ...every pound counts!

I hope everyone had a good day!

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:59 AM   #203  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Default Prepare Yourself This Will Ramble!!

I may not get to personals here so please forgive me and know that i have been thinking of all of you and wish you health and congratulations!

Okay girls, little bit of honesty here again. I came to the computer this morning ready to whine and complain about how i am not losing (up at least .6 this morning and scale was different every time i got on!), my mood has gotten horrible, (i don't want to see, talk to or interact with anyone in anyway). To **** with the diet, improving my health and "feeling better". I'll just live this way forever and be happy with it. I started TOM this morning and thought when i did i would magically drop 5# and instead I'm up .6. Now granted I JUST started so given a little time maybe things will change. I don't want to go to work, I don't even want to get out of bed. But ANYWAY, here i am sitting at my computer with a shower taken, clothes on and pouting at the screen. No exercise today, Leslie can go suck eggs and the beep on the elliptical just makes me mad. I pull up the site and start reading from where i left off yesterday and begin to realize, i am not alone everyone struggles. I am full of good ideas as to what others can do to get through the weak times. I want to holler at folks, Don't give in the regret is not worth it, don't beat yourself up for the times you do give in, its in the past move on and keep going, focus on the things you are doing right and be greatful for the little things, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, my body is a temple and i should treat it that way. Good stuff huh, but then within 30 seconds (or less) of thinking that for everyone else i go back to maybe i will stop somewhere between patients today and get me a cake and eat every bit of it!!!!!!! INSANITY!!!!!!! (have ya'll sent the men with the wrap around white coat yet??) SOOOOO......

TODAY, I will live in the moment and will make the right choice for the moment and will not focus on the next moment until it is here. All i have to do is get through this moment. I will do the things that have to be done before i will consider doing any of the bad stuff i want to do for myself. I will enjoy life whether it is sunshine or rain! I will be thankful to be alive and for having all the wonderful blessings I have. Devil GO AWAY!! Ladies if you believe in prayer send one my way. Even if you don't fake it, i need it that bad! I am tired of beating myself up for failing so I am determined to succeed. As my signature says - YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO I claim i want to do this yet i am still doing things that work against me, like wallowing in what i am missing, and what is not going the way i want it to. So it stops now! I will move on, i will continue to do what is best for me and i will continue to lean on the loving support of the women i have found here and on my heavenly father who supports me no matter how psychotic I get.

Whew!!! Okay you may just want to delete that. I just re-read it all and maybe i will call the guys with the wrap around white coat! I almost deleted it all before i sent it but I really needed to get it out and I just don't think it would have the same effect on me if no one else actually saw it!

A few quick personals and then i gotta run

Lois - hang in there with that ankle! Do you have access to a pool, then you could still exercise and it wouldn't be so much stress on your ankle

Lillian - self-sabotage - see above!! I am with you girl

Tina - love the "fairy fat mother" phrase, but i think she got lost somewhere between Alberta and Alabama! Congrats on your loss though!!!

Robbin - See above - hang in there! if you gave in please don't beat yourself up, just keep plugging along and like someone else said, maybe your system needs a little shock to get things going again.

Cheryl - Congrats on finally moving the ticker! I know that is a good feeling, makes it all real somehow.

Michelle - hang in there girl! maybe with all the hot wheather you can sweat off a little weight without having to work as hard to do it!

Gotta run ladies, thanks for all you do and I promise, I am not on any drugs or losing my mind, i guess this was my email version of an emotional poop!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #204  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning from Nova Scotia . . . the sun is shining again. Actually for the last couple of days the weathere has behaved just the way it's supposed to. Fairly nice during the day and then it rains overnight.

Once again, I'm having a busy day. . . sort of my own fault this time. I finally bought my first digital camera . . . HP E327 . . . basically the bottom of the HP line. So far I've managed to put the batteries in the camera and load the 120 page on-line users manual. At first glance I understand nothing. I imagine I'll figure it out sooner or later. Hopefully before the camera becomes obsolete.

Congratulations to all those who have lost in the last couple of days. Commiserations to all those who did not. Our time will come.

Once again, no time this morning for more personals. Promised a friend we'd go shopping today so I'd better get moving. I will be back later. See you soon, gang. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:08 AM   #205  

Just a quick check in before I get busy with my day.

Erin...You have said everything that I have said to myself. This last month I just wanted, to say the **** with it and quit, but that little voice in my head said to get my rear back on track!! I couldn't do it without the support I get from you ladies. We are here for you! So bursh yourself off and get back on track

Lois...Glad you got a workout in and your ankle is feeling better.

Michelle...Glad cooler weather is heading your way. We are going to be cooler also, with rain later on this afternoon.

Here's a picture of the wallhanging I'm going to be making in Feb, if not sooner. It will all be done in vibrant Batiks colors. Well I'm off to trace 100 heads, hands and feets for the kids I'm putting on my quilt. Out for a walk this afternoon. Have a great day.
Cheryl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-278S.JPG (27.2 KB, 11 views)
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #206  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Morning Ladies.

First thing I want to say is THANK YOU all for the support. You will all be happy to know that I did not have Mexican until I got home last night, then I made Taco Salad with ground turkey, Fat Free Cheese and baked tortilla chips. Yeah I did it.

Second I am sorry I am running so behind this morning I dont have anytime to reply or encourage anyone but I will be back later on. I want everyone to know I have read your posts and have cheered for each pound lost or sympathized with everyone's obstacles, and do not think any one of you need the wrap-around white coat(lol either that or we all do who knows).

Will definately be back tonight to do personals.

Keep chuggin girls we will win this game.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #207  

Linda ~~ Have fun with your new digital camera! I would really like to get one of those sometime.

Cheryl ~~ The wallhanging is very pretty! Don't be too busy today; have a little slow time for yourself!

Erin ~~ You're feeling just like I did a couple weeks ago. NOTHING could cheer me up or change my feelings, and I did not want to do anything. You have the right philosophy to just think in the current moment and nothing else to come. Take each moment of the day as it is and work through it. I will say a prayer for you, because I really think that prayers help a lot! Have a good day; you WILL make it!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #208  

Hi Robbin ~~ You posted at the same time I did. Good for you waiting until you got home and making a healthy mexican dish; it sounds so good! Have a good day and don't work too hard!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #209  

Erin ~~ How do you get your avatar picture enlarged so nicely? My avatars used to be larger, but about a week ago, something happened and now they have shrunk down. Any suggestions?
Old 05-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #210  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

I'm back . . .and pleasantly surprised that I didn't totally blow it at Pizza Delight at lunch time. Had the buffet but actually made fairly wise choices and was satified with less food that I ever thought possible. Not something I'd want to do on a regular basis mind you, but not too disasterous.

Got home to find that the BodyFlex package I ordered at the end of April had finally arrived . . . so now I've got another new toy to keep me busy when I'm not playing with the camera. The actual exercises don't look too difficult to learn but first of all, she insists that you have to learn to breathe properly. The actual reps of the exercises seem to be done while holding your breath and holding your abdominals in really tightly. It's called 'aerobic breathing' Anybody every bumped into this before?

Just a few personal comments, gang . . . if I miss you it doesn't mean that I don't love you . . . but I'm sure you all know that anyway . . . it's just that I'm so far behind, I know I'll never get everybody mentioned . . .

Tina . . . Congrats on another fine loss. You are an inspiration to all of us. One little question . . . How come yourtype-size has shrunk? My poor old eyes are having a problem. Can you put it back to the more normal size? Pretty please . . . with Splenda on top. BTW, I love your "fairy fat-mother". Going to have to find myself one of those.

Lois . . . Glad the ankle is almost better. Wow, nothing can keep you away from your exercise routine. You are so dedicated. Someday. I really hope to get bitten by that bug.

Liliann . . . Step away from the scale. You'll feel much better about everything if you can stay off the scale. The scale- always gives me terrible news if I venture near him any more than once a week.

Cheryl . . . Isn't it a great feeling to be able to move the ticker. Congratulations, girlie. Wow, I don't know how you are going to be able to stay away from that gorgeous wall hanging until February. I know I couldn't.

Robbin . . . Your taco salad sounds terrific. And you can be very proud of yourself from staying away from the full-fat version.

Erin . . . I just loved reading your post. Not only do we all get so much support from others here, we get to listen to our friends when they give themselves such a rousingly good pep-talk. Very inspiring indeed.

Michelle . . . Wow . . . was I ever surprised when you said you didn't have a digital camera. Just goes to show you how little I know. The main reason I got the digital was because I thought you had to have one to be able to post pictures on the internet. But you post pictures (the avatars with your daughters in them, for example). How do you do it? Oh well, I never remember to take the film from my 35 mm to be developed anyway so at least the digital will eliminate that problem.

Well, I'm going to close for now. I am getting hungry and want to find myself something light and salady for dinner so as not to ruin my otherwise fairly decent day. Think i will just point my new camera at something tomorrow and push a button and see what I get. Hey, how bad can it be? Then I can get to the part about how do I put the picture on the internet. That should keep me busy for a bit.

See you soon, gang. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote