Old 05-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #316  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, Tina and thanks Lois

Did you notice how I managed to cut off most of the baggy chin problem? I guess I'm getting used to looking at the picture now . . . really not too bad for 63. At least I still have a hair-colour that actually sprouts that way out of my head. (Good hair-colour genes on both sides of the family. We just don't go grey.) Too bad I don't really like the colour. . . and they talk about bleached hair turning brassy . . . my father's side of the family grows it that way. In my younger days, I tried to be a dark blond, but it is just too much work to try to cover red.

Tina . . . Your victory is a victory no matter how small. Probably means you'll be having a big victory next week. BTW, I just loved the little 'Freudian Slip' . . . wouldn't it be wonderful to really be able to lose 100 pounds like that. Funny you should mention S'mores. I have never had one. They've never really appealed to me because I'm not a lover of marshmallows. Trust me, I have enough other food vices to make up for them.

Tracey . . . Don't be silly, chickie. You don't pull anybody down. Just wish we could do more to pull you up. Anyway, don't wander off too far, you were missed. So good to see you back.

Lois . . . Great to see you, even for a couple of minutes . . . hope that puter prob is fixed up soon so you can visit longer.

Sorry, don't know why I'm in such a blathering mood. Think I'll shut up now and go whip together a big salad for dinner. See you soon, gang.

Last edited by meowee; 05-26-2006 at 05:52 PM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #317  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Okay, just because Cheryl asked to see a pic of how far I've come so far....and I wouldn't mind seeing something that actually looks like I've done something...here's a pic I took today. This is the dress I bought for the graduation tonight. My hair isn't done yet...so don't look at it! LOL! AND of course I got the urge from Linda and Erin. Maybe we should all post current pics!

Oct. 26th, daughters birthday....269lbs.

Today, step-sons grad....221lbs.
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #318  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

TINA.....OMG!!! You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What a huge difference between the two pictures! It really shows what you have accomplished and you are my inspiration now, TRULY! Way to gooooooo girlie!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:12 PM   #319  

Tina...WOW!!! What a difference a couple of months make. You are gorgeous, but you were gorgeous before the loss. I love the little black dress. Wish I could find a way to post a picture of my drivers license that was taken a year ago and one of me now. Hubby see no difference in me till I showed him my license the other night, then he finally did. My highest was 363 and now I'm 334. I'll have to go through some disks and see if I can find a picture of me from last year and then have hubby take one now.

Michelle...Congrats on 3 lbs gone. Guess we know who the fairy fat mother decided to visit. Way to go on getting your workout in as well.
Of course you have rain, it's Memorial weekend and it's Oregon. You can send the cooler weather my way, we are going to be in the mid 90's for the next 3 days.

Erin...You are so pretty. I have the same worry, would love to go on a cruise, but afraid I would be hanging my head most of the trip. We are doing respite care for the whole weekend now. I don't mind, she is a really nice girl.

Linda...You are a beautiful woman. Just remember, we are like fine wine. We get better with age!!

Liza...Honey, go sit in front of a mirror and tell yourself how beautiful you are. How proud you are of yourself for the weight you have already lost. How proud you are for getting up each morning and doing the best you can to eat healthy and get some movement in. How proud you are to be Andrew's Mum.
You are worthy of this life change and we are here to help you along the way.
My friend had the same problem with very painful periods. She thought after she had a baby they would get better, but they only got worse. She had a hysterectomy at the age of 24 and never looked back. Go and talk to your doctor, OK

Robbin...Glad you got the air fixed ...Seems it's always spendy when you take a car in for repairs Yes the talk worked! Hubby is very lucky to come home and not find the car parts thrown out on the lawn, waiting for him. He has a week to get the room cleaned up before the next child comes in for respite care. Robbin, my hubby has been retired for 16 years, and we still have military gear in our closet. He can't seen to part with his boots and cammie's.

Tracy...Glad you are still around and haven't given up. Good luck with the South Beach plan.

Lois...Congrats on the 1-1/2 pound. Hope you get your new monitor real soon. It's a real drag when you can't come in a couple of times a day for your daily fix of chicks.

Not doing much this weekend. Hubby will be working for the next 7 days. I plan on working on my quilt this weekend. Want to go to town tomorrow and buy some thread for the kids clothes and skin tones. Might go and see X-Men 3, but other than that, it will be a quite weekend. Will check on you all tomorrow. Have a good night.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:21 AM   #320  

LIZA & TRACEY...It's nice to see you both back here! You were missed and you're always wanted here!

CHERYL...Yes, you are so right that the fairy fat mother made a very nice visit with me, and she made me very happy! Of course it has to rain in Oregon for Memorial weekend. It's still pouring down rain right now; I don't think it has stopped yet today!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #321  

aww guys all your kind words have had me blubbing like a baby, gawd i hate being such an emotional mess.
loving all the pictures, meowee and michelle its great to put a face to the name so we know who we'r talking to.
Tina, all i can say is WOW!! you are my thinspiration!!!
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #322  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . we are just breaking out in pictures all over . . . they are popping out just like the leaves on the trees.

Tina . . . Absolutely great . . . You can be very proud.

Cheryl . . . Can hardly wait to see one of you, too. You are absolutely right . . . we never get older, only better.

Michelle . . . Now there's a haircolour I'd like to have. Wow.

Liza . . . Another quotable comment . . . THINSPIRATION . . . love it.

Afraid my yesterday did not finish up too well. I had a mini-meltdown with a very low-fat cream cheese, cool whip, and Smuckers Double Fruit blueberry jam concoction I threw together because I was craving cheesecake. It was absolutely delicious and only about 60 calories per serving. Trouble is, I ate all eight servings. My usual "too much of a good thing is still too much" problem. The 480 calories was bad enough but not nearly as bad for the 'weight-control plan' as the 120 grams of carb was for the 'blood-glucose-control plan'. Oh well, as we all know, stuff happens. Today is a new day and I intend to stay in control.

And on that note, here are a few little words of wisdom that are very appropriate for me right now and I hope they can be 'thinspirational' for everybody else, too.

. . . Treat everyday like it is an opportunity to succeed. . . If you believe that you can do it; you can. . . Always focus on the journey; not the destination.

Have a great day, chickies, and a great holiday weekend. Hope the weather is good. See you soon. In the meantime, keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #323  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Saturday!

Good morning ladies! I have good news and bad news...I know it typically goes...I'll give the bad news first...but I'm not. The good news is I'm down another two pounds!! Yep, that scale read 219.5 this morning! Okay, Okay, okay....the bad news...I didn't have time to have supper last night, instead I had a low fat carrot muffin. Now I'm worried my body will go into starvation mode and hang on to whatever I give it today. And instead of losing I'll be maintaining and after working so hard this past week I do NOT want to see that happpen. I have the same schedule tonight as lastnight. The grand march is tonight. But I'll be Darned if I do that again...LOL! I'll eat at four if I have to.

Tracey, it's good to see you! I'm glad you had a knudge to come by and say hi, but please know you don't have to be knudged. We all here going through the same crap and you're welcome anytime to share whatever you need to. I wish you all the success in the world as you try your new plan. Weights will work wonders for you as far as getting those inches melting. I love working with mine.

Lois, poor Lois....left in the dark! You go girl, another 1 1/2lbs. that's awesome! You're sure getting that body in fat burning mode. Enjoy your great weather, we've been dumped on all week. Suppose to have a hot sunny day tomorrow.

Linda, you're too funny. (cutting the chin) Thanks. Okay, now you have put something delicious in my head. Thankfully I only have one of those ingredients in my house and that's frozen in the freezer! LOL! Love the words of wisdom, I need to post that on my fridge, pantry, and wherever else I have food. Just in case I have a melt down. Take control of your new day that you have been given.

Michelle, thank you. I can't help but see a difference either, but when I look at that picture all I see is my ugly arms. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get rid of the "extra waver" on the bottom.

Cheryl, I know. It seems like it's only been yesterday since I started. I guess that would explain why I still see myself as big as always. Like my mind hasn't caught up with my body. Thanks for the compliment. If you have a digital camera take a picture of your license, blurr out the information and see if you can post it that way. I would love to see how far you've come.

Liza, thanks. That is a really cute comment. Remember it can be done girl. I hate to say this but..I guess I'm proof.

Have a great day ladies!

TTFN!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #324  

Hi Ladies...Picture of my quilt in progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-285S.JPG (39.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #325  

Ladies...I'll be back later to post personals. I'm off to town for thread and the movies. Going to see "X-Men 3", beside it's a good place to go and cool off for a couple of hours. It is HOT outside. Have a good afternoon.

Cheryl
Old 05-27-2006, 02:06 PM   #326  
Onward and Downward

Tina . . . marvellous on the loss. I don't think you are in danger of going into starvation mode over one meal, girl. Just think of it as a low day on the zig-zag road. Stop looking at the bad things (your arms will catch up) and try to see all the great things that the rest of us see (the missing tummy bulge and the beautiful winning smile, just to name a couple).

Cheryl . . . gorgeous quilt. Have a great day cooling off at the X-Men movie. See you soon.

Keep on doing all the good stuff, kiddies.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:40 PM   #327  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hello Girls, Thought I would Pop in and see if I had missed anything and wow I did so here goes with personals and then I will let you all know what has been up with me.

Tracey, you are very welcome for the nudge , you were missed and I wanted you to know it. Dont worry about being a downer, we all are sometimes and that is why we are here, to pep you up.

Lois, I hate computer problems, I couldnt live with out my computer, cause I couldnt do this with out all of you ladies Congrats on the 1 1/2 lbs.

Linda, Great pic, you arent scary at all. Also I am so totally jealouse You dont have a bit of gray, it is time for me to color my hair again cause all of my "highlights" are showing. I have a ton of gray.

Tina, you look AWESOME . Love the dress. You are so pretty. I can't wait to reach the 50lb mark.

Michelle, Beautiful picture of you also. It is nice to put a face with the post's. Congrats on the 3lb loss .

Cheryl, Beautiful quilt, I am so jealous of you ladies that can create beautiful quilts. I tried on once and well it wasnt so good. It fell apart.

Ok here is what has happened here. Yesterday after work I went to the shop to pick up my car and it wasnt done , I sat and waited for 3 hours, the new compressor they put on for the A/C blew up when they turned it on. They ended up unpluging the thing and giving my car back to me with no air . I have to take it back on Tuesday for them to put another compressor in. Today I had a wonderful day with my family, but, this evening when I checked the mail I had a notice from my car loan people saying I hadnt made the payment yet. Well that was wrong cause I had so I popped on the net to check my bank account and guess what I did. It is so stupid I had to sit and laugh at myself . I pay all my bills online and when I went to send the car payment I sent it to my hubby's Student Loan instead, after I had already paid them for this month. So now I have to make another car payment. Good news is that I got on the scales this morn and I was down another pound , but I ate a few things today that wernt the best for me but my portion controll was very good. I am hopeing that when I do my official weigh in the morning I am still down. Wish me luck .

Well i better get off here and get some sleep we have another big day tomorrow going to the In-Law's. Hope everyone is a looser this weekend.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:41 AM   #328  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Hi ladies! Your group intrigues me! I'm "new" here -- my intro post is here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...96#post1277396

Is it too late for me to jump in here with ya'll? I know it's hard to infiltrate an existing group, but I'd LOVE to lose 100 / 1 yr.!! Wow - that blows my mind....

.... runs off to create my ticker.
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #329  

SHAWN... to the group! There are so many nice supportive ladies here, and I'm sure you will love it here!
Old 05-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #330  

sorry...duplicated