Old 05-24-2006, 06:29 AM   #271  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Sorry had to come back again, just noticed when i went back to look at ticker and make sure changes registered that I am now below 100 pounds to loose to meet my goal of 170!!! That's pretty exciting!!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #272  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Erin, That is a great victory for you. Keep Chuggin and you just might get to where you want to be by the birthday. Oh and trust me the boyfriend thing is pretty scarry. You have to fight your husband because you understand how your girl feels but you have to fight your girl because you understand how your husband feels and some how you have to find a middle ground.

Michelle, The reason we are here is to help each other, if we didnt need the kind words and pep talks none of us would be here, so dont you worry about being down in the dumps and needing us. We are here for you babe .

Tina, I am still waiting for you to come and do some of my yard work. It seems like you have slowed down on yours a bit so is it my turn. LOL ya know I just got all of my yard mowed a few days ago and it's time to do it all again. I also need to clean out my water gardens and do some weeding in the flower beds. I just cant seem to find the time.

Cheryl, Linda, Lois, Lillian, Good morning to all of you beautiful ladies. It seems kinda quiet around here. We need something to liven things up a bit. Maybe we should do some thinking on how to keep the interest up for our group.

Well once again it is time to clock into work. Does it never end. LOL
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:37 AM   #273  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Good Morning . . . boy is it cold this morning . . . only 8C (46F) when I was putting out the garbage. It's also pretty overcast with no promise of any sun in the forecast.

Wowee . . . I got to move my ticker a whole 2 lbs 'downeast' this morning. That old scale- seems to get cooperative just often enough to keep me from losing my mind entirely.

Michelle . . . Hey, you got a lot of good advice, but IMHO the answer is the one you and your husband arrived at . . . your thyroid medication. Just keep doing the good stuff, girl, and the rewards will follow. We can both curse our meds for making it slower than we'd like.

Erin . . . sounds like both the self-talk and the scale-repair have gone well. Believe me, I give thanks every day for all the encouragement I get from you and the other members of this group. It really does help. Congratulations on the loss and the great milestone. Those 270's are gone FOREVER (and that is definitely a long time).

Tina . . . You are so right . . . the real answer is to make sure that calories in are less than calories out . . . how we each get there is going to be totally unique. Hope your little one is feeling better.

Cheryl . . . You are doing absolutely great with the exercise, chickie. Your rewards will be coming really soon.

Robbin . . . You are absolutely right, too. You have to do what works for you. Have fun with those kittens. Congratulations to your husband. Afraid I don't really know how the US ranks compare to the Canadian, but my son was a Master Sargeant in the MP's when he retired (at the 20 year mark) and became a private cop. My DIL is still in the forces.

Well, off I go to get some stuff done . . . See you all really soon. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction at whatever speed is working for you.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #274  
Onward and Downward

Special little giggle for Erin and Robbin . . . my oldest granddaughter is only eleven . . . but my son, the cop, is already getting concerned. He figures that between his job and the family dog (very large Rottie) he has nothing to worry about because the potential boyfriends will be so intimidated. My DIL just at him.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:36 PM   #275  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Smile Happy Wednesday!

Good morning girls!

Robbin, thanks for asking about Alyssa (you too Erin, I will answer you both here). Her temperature went down to 98.4, so thankfully it isn't something more concerning like an infection. Just regular cold stuff. The only thing I may have a concern with now is that in the corner of her eyeball is pink. I noticed yesterday that her eyes were red after she had slept, but I thought it had something to do with the fever because it did clear, all except the corner. ???? Once again your dinner has made me hungry. Next time you post, tell us how you prepared it. LOL! Your yard work sounds really intriguing.....NOT! hahaha!

Michelle, you go girl! You know I think we deserve a cut when you start raking it in! hahaa! Yes I know how hard it is to "weight" for things to start dropping. But it will eventually and every pound as small as it may be adds up to be something wonderful! I'm cheering for ya girl!!

Erin, I was so excited while reading your post. I'm glad you're finding your groove again. You're so right. There's nothing that nobody can do or say to change things for you but yourself. And the best way to do that is by picking yourself up and as hard as it is to trudge on is to keep doing it. Congratulations on the loss! I'm really happy for you! And for getting outta the need to lose 100lbs. I was really excited when I became a 99'er. As for my landscaping goes..it'll never be finished! LOL! I still have to finish a walk-way I have half completed in the backyard, made out of yard stone. I want to put a flower bed around my tree in the front and one along my walk-way coming up to my front door. But now that I'm going away it'll probably be next years assignments.

Linda, the weather is crummy here too. It's overcast about 10 degrees and forecasting a thunderstorm this afternoon. Congratulations on down another 2lbs. That's awesome, and you were just saying things would move more slowly for you...you've beat me this week! hahaha! Hey BTW, you still answer me about putting a face to the name??? LOL@ your son! I have a while before I have to worry about this..she's only four. But I'll be keeping that in mind when the time does come..haha!

Well, not much to report from me. The scale is still hanging on after I've been really good these past few days. I'm gonna blame it on Aunt Flo, afterall she's the one to blame for everything! I'm not too concerned, I'm still in good spirits and still quite motivated to keep up the honest work. In fact I have a date with the treadmill in a few. Have a great one ladies and I will check back later!!

TTFN!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #276  
Working on 'Project Me'

Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you about my NSV from my husband. Lastnight in bed he was......you know......caressing.....and he said "honey, you're like someone who is melting". HEHEHE! Then this morning I told him that I hope to have between 16-24lbs. gone by the time we leave. He knows how much I've lost so far but doesn't know the "big" picture. He's been trying to figure things out since I've started...LOL! He's like that'll be 64-72lbs. I think that's enough! Little does he know that I have another 40lbs. after that. But for him to think that's enough makes me feel so slim!

That has put a little extra hop in my step this morning!!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #277  
Onward and Downward

Great NSV, Tina. BTW, are you getting the feeling that I am avoiding your question? If you are, you're correct. I'll work my way up to it, never fear. But I want a chance to enjoy the new camera a little while before I try to break it.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #278  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Girls ~~ Another rainy day here, but that's fine with me!

Tina ~ Thank you for your kind words. What a great NSV you had last night! Your DH sounds very supportive and encouraging. My older daughter's name is also Alyssa, but we pronounce it 'Alisa' and she's always having to correct people.

Linda ~ I do know that being on meds will take me longer, but I did it last year, and I know I just have to be in the right frame of mind, and I will do it again, slowly but surely!

Robbin ~ Thank you for your kind caring words. I'm always here for you and everyone else also.

Erin ~ GREAT job with your weight loss! Being out of the 270s and less than 100 pounds to go is such a great accomplishment! Thank you also for your kind words!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #279  
rambler

Robbin Thanks so much for the congrats, i am still reveling in my moment! I know what you mean about being in the middle of it all with the daughter thing. I just hope i have a ways to go before i really have to deal with it!

Linda Yeah!!!!!! So glad to hear you saw that scale go down! Hate your weather is still pyucky, i am really getting into summer way before i want to, 90 degrees and humid already and we have a cold front coming that will drop it to the low 80's later this week, whoopee! We have been kind of dry and sunny though, which is nice to be able to let the kids get out and burn some energy! Keep up your good work and steady pace! Would love to see a picture of you! Oh yeah, my husband is a big time hunter and has many guns, one of his friends told him to always be cleaning a gun when a guy comes to see Amelia and a pastor told him to pray with them before they leave the house as well, with a gun in plain view of course! they are so funny!

Tina Maybe getting a little too much info here (TMI), but to put it plainly i can already tell a difference in the sex department as well. My husband has lost a little too and things just seem to fit better
Okay now that i have myself blushing on to better topic. The yard, yeah that will work, i am about to give up on mine, found another dead plant and the weeds have become part of the family, so we'll see what happens!

Gotta run, I am supposed to be doing paper work so we can go out to eat tonight with a friend for her birthday. OOPPS, i gotta get a card! And i have no idea what to eat, we will go to a chinese place and i have no idea what to do there, i love their fried rice and sesame chicken but probably not the best choice. Portion control will be the key and we may just have to chalk up one not so healthy meal to friendship! See ya'll later

Hey do any of you follow American Idol, I am very close to Birmingham AL where Taylor is from and just wondered what other folks thought, from here it sounds like he's got it all wrapped up, but we are probably getting a skewed media version!

Ya'll have a good one! Erin
Old 05-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #280  
Onward and Downward

Attagirl, Michelle. Just remember the tortoise . . . slowly but surely we will win this race.

So true, Erin. The men just don't understand. BTW, the best you can do about Chinese is to avoid the breaded stuff and have lots of veggies. There's nothing you can do about the www caused by all the salt, however, so just stay away from the scale for a couple of days. Have a fun evening.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #281  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

I did not stick with my meal plan for lunch today. I was supposed to have Chicken soup with like 3 grams of fat well instead I ordered out with the receptionist. I ordered a baked potato with smoked chicken a very small portion(probabley 1 tbs) of sour cream, a sprinkle of cheese and a sprinkle of bacon bits on it. It all added up to like 12rams of fat which is still a good choice but.........with breakfast I am now up to 17 grams and havent had any snacks and my dinner was going to be about 10 in its self so now I am having to make a change for dinner. I think I am going to have fat free bologna on bread and fat free chips.

Well got to get back to work
Chat Later
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #282  
rambler

Robbin - relax!!! If you can't get your grams right today just adjust a little tomorrow. You'll be fine!

Linda - hadn't really thought about the www, i may hide the scale!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #283  
Working on 'Project Me'

Linda, awww come on...you will not break the camera. But it's your decision and if you're uncomfortable...that's fine.

Michelle, yes he is very supportive. Sometimes overly supportive...hehe...but I need that to keep my eye on the prize. If pick up something not necessary he looks and says are you sure you want to eat that? Which he's right I usually get upset with myself after.

Erin, LOL! I get you girl, no need to elaborate at all! haha! It's quite alright alot of us has had this conversation already and we all feel the same! Things are better in the bedroom...definitely! I'm looking forward to watching the finale of American Idol...I'm on the fence..I'll be happy for either one. At the chinese restaurant maybe look for some steamed items as opposed to stir fried, deep fried or pan fried. But hey like Linda said, stay away from the scales and drink a ton of water afterwards.

Robbin, not to fret. If you do go over a bit let it be a flip flop day to keep your body guessing. I'm sure you've been on plan so long that it will really not have an affect.

And now....I was looking online for some mood uplifters and in my book that means jokes. I love to laugh! Can you tell by now?? Robbin had mentioned earlier that we should do something to keep interest up daily (not that there is anything wrong now, but who can turn down a joke?) Anyways, Via PM she'd mentioned maybe some jokes or trivia questions....so here's what I found. Enjoy!!

~The most fattening thing you can put in an ice cream sundae is a spoon.

~The toughest part of a diet isn't watching what you eat. It's watching what other people eat.

~Diets are for women who not only kept their girlish figure but doubled it.

~Many women reduce and reduce, yet still never manage to become a bargain.

~A dietitian was once addressing a large audience in Chicago. "The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Vegetables can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the germs in our drinking water."

Continued the dietician, "But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all; and all of us eat it. Can anyone here tell me what lethal product I'm referring to? You, sir, in the first row, please give us your idea." The man lowered his head and replied, "Wedding cake?"

~One time when I was home visiting my folks, my mom asked me to set the table for dinner. I opened the refrigerator and taped to the inside of the door was a risqué picture of a lovely, slender, perfectly built, but scantily-clad young woman.

"Mom, what's this?" I asked.

"Oh, I put that up there to remind me not to over-eat," she answered.

"Is it working?" I asked.

"Yes and no," she explained. "I've lost 15 pounds, but your dad has gained 20!"

Have a great evening girlies!

Tina
Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #284  

Hi Girls, Just a quick check in since I have been gone most of the day and I'm tired. I'll come back tomorrow to do personals. Went to WW today and their scale finally moved 3.4 lbs. Mine said 1.4lbs this morning, so I moved my ticker a pound. Pouring down rain and humid today, so i didn't get a walk in. WATP if it rains tomorrow.

Erin...Watched American Idol, and the person we have voted for all along, WON. I won't say who for those ladies that live out west.

Have a great night, see you tomorrow.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:19 AM   #285  
Lois

Hi Ladies...

Just needed to check in. Not too much going on. We had absolutely beautiful weather yesterday. I have not been on here much because I am having temporary problems with my pc monitor. They are going to send out a replacement.. When I bought this monitor it was over $500 dollars and I really love the quality but then it started having blackouts after nine months or so. They promptly replaced it because it was under warranty. .. the new one worked great, until now... then it started blacking out too. I contacted the web site and found there was a recall on the model and call their CS... and they are going to replace it with an upgraded version. So you can imagine my frustration trying to use my computer and the screen keeps blacking out. Anyway I hope I get the replacement soon. I need to come here and get my daily fix of support and motivation!

Congrats to all for their victories, be they scale, or NSV. I will try and catch up soon.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote