Old 06-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #391  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. I am getting here a little late today, I had to get some work done when I got in to work first thing this morning and just got it all finished.

Well I am not happy with my scales – yesterday when I got on they were up 1 pound from my Sunday weigh in and this morning when I got on they acted all weird on me. The first time I got on it was up another pound, which would have made a 2-pound gain in 2 days. I got back on them and they read the same as Sunday. I think they might need new batteries. I am gonna stop on the way home and get some and if they don’t straighten up after that they may find themselves drowning in the bath-tub. I will commit scaleicide.

Erin – I went to Carl’s Jr. for lunch yesterday and had their charbroiled bar-b-q chicken sandwich (only 4 fat grams). It was pretty good . I am happy to hear you didn’t crash in the middle of your shopping. As for the scale being up a little don’t worry you are doing good it is probably just fluid retention. Keep chuggin the water it will go back down.

Michelle – I know you guys have got to get tired of the rain when you get so much but I am so jealous, we are so far behind on rain that the down pour we got earlier this morning didn’t even make the dust settle. I hope you are feeling better today than yesterday.

Shawn – Nope never lived in Texas at all, but ya know I get that a lot. Maybe I just have one of those faces that resembles others. You have a lot of will power to be able to make yourself workout after such a long day. I am hoping to join Curves in the next couple of weeks. I gotta wait for baseball season to end and I have been called for Jury Duty on the 12th of this month so maybe after that.

Ryanmi – My hubby eats cereal for dinner anytime he gets home late. I just can’t seem to do it though. I am not a big cereal fan . And if I were to eat it I would definitely be like my kids and want the sugar filled stuff that isn’t any good for you.

Cheryl – I remember when I was 15 we went to see relatives in South Dakota and my cousin who was 14 had his drivers license and I didn’t. Wow did I think that wasn’t fair. Now that my daughter is 14 there is no way on earth I would let her get a license at this age. I just can’t imagine what people are thinking, 14 is way to immature and uncoordinated to be driving.

Tina – I checked out your Park Island – WOW looks wonderful. Right on the beach, no traffic. I thought I was jealous of you before now it is worse. LOL only problem with your vacation is you are going to melt. I can just see it now; you will be going naked all the time trying to stay cool . Too bad about not being able to plant anymore this year, I know you love your gardening.

Hello there Trizah, don’t work too hard, I know I’m not.

To any and all I might have missed, Hope you all have a great day.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #392  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

SHAWN...I looked at that site with your twin girls and they are adorable! I bet you have so much fun with them!

RYANMI...I hope your headache is gone today. Mine is and I'm feeling so much better today!

CHERYL...I ended up taking my camera back because there was a problem with it. I'm still deciding of I'm going to get another one or just use the 35mm one that I still have.

ROBBIN...The rain does get tiring sometimes, but we pretty much just get used to it. Like today, it's dark and rainy again, and also pretty muggy for us. I agree with you on that scale, you may need to throw the thing out real fast!

ERIN...I can't take Excederin because it makes my heart race; a horrible feeling! I wouldn't weigh yourself again for a couple of days and hopefully it will adjust back to the lower number by then.

TINA...Hope your weather is a little cooler so you can get your outdoor chores done. I can't wait until I reach Onderland either!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #393  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Thursday!

Hey girls! How's the day treating you all?! I'm having a pretty good day so far. I haven't had a chance to walk yet, I want to do that now. Seems it totally screws up my day when I don't stay on schedule. Hubby's fault! He stayed home this morning instead of going to the office and was a little baby! LOL! Said I should sit and snuggle with him (Alyssa was in preschool), the quiet time together was nice. Still no results on the scale, neither up or down. The exact same # since Saturday.

Erin, MMMmmm that pasta dish sounds yummy. I love pasta, especially the cheesey ones! DuhHHhh...I didn't get this way eating carrot sticks! hahaha! I made spaghetti lastnight...whole wheat spaghetti pasta, ground turkey breast and low-fat sauce. It was pretty good. I didn't allow myself the sprinkle of parmasean though. I know what you mean about being obsessive about weighing. I seem to think it helps keep me in line. But you're right, it's fluctuation due the sodium lastnight. Keep hanging in there girl!

Shawn, your girls are adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I can't even imagine having twins. How will you get through the terrible two's?? LOL!

Tirzah, thanks...I hope you're having a great day also!

Robbin, take my scale too and give me something that moves! Preferably down. LOL! I've had my scale well over a year and I haven't had to change the batteries yet. Didn't you just get yours? I had to really laugh out loud at thought of me naked on the beach in "conservative" Hong Kong!!! I can only imagine the terror!

Michelle, I've been living under the threat of rain today. It's cloudy and I get a couple of drips but nothing yet. But it's real humid. Hope you're having a great day! and I hope you give the digital a second chance...I know you would have so much fun with it!

Have a great day girls...I'll check in later I'm sure!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #394  
300+ Chick

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in..Sorry that I have not been posting for last month..with light depression that I deal with. Thank God my Phd doctor had called me of my time of need and put me on anti-depressant med....Thank God it is helping me I think, with the humidity weather here, can't tell lol..but overall..am good.

As for weight loss and exercise..no major gain, which that is good. I am back on plan with calorie counting and WATP video. which the exercise part am lacking..oh well.

I see we have more friends aboard.. Welcome

Have a nice evening ladies.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #395  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . . wow am I ever behind on things . . . had to take the vehicle in for its checkup and a couple of little things this morning and was there almost four (4) hours . . . believe me there are better ways to spend your time.

Was having trouble with the fan (it would only seem to work on high) and with summer coming on you definitely need to be able to blow some air around. Turns out some mini-mice (moles) had been building a nest in the area in the engine compartment where the fan feed is located and they had stuffed bits of insulation and yarn and leaves and general debris in there and that shorted out the fan motor. I almost died laughing when the mechanic told me this story, but it turns out it's not that uncommon. You know what's really annoying . . . my cats spend time in the garage, so you'd think no self-respecting mouse would want to be there. Knowing my cats, they probably helped with the nest building; or at least threw them a housewarming party.

Anyway, by the time I got home, I was ravenous and so I ate a sandwich and a bowl of fruit and was still hungry so rather than eat more I went and had a nap . . . so now I'm even further behind on the day.

Erin . . . You definitely sound a little calmer today and that's a good thing. You are very right . . . you have been doing wonderfully well. Keep up the good work.

Tina . . . Ironing, ugh Boy it sounds like you are really getting excited about your trip. Too bad about the heat, though.

Michelle . . . glad to hear the headache has gone. Sorry to hear about the camera. Hope you decide to get another.

Shawn . . . I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of the girls. Do you mean you eat the peaches frozen or just that they were frozen rather than fresh?

Ryanmi . . . At least your taste runs to diet coke, not diet Dr.Pepper. That difference blew me away. BTW I didn't mean it as a downer, just an interesting little thing.

Cheryl . . . I loved your water info. I've always been a big water drinker and now I think I'll up it even more. Can you drink too much water? Yes, apparently you can. Consuming 15 to 20, 8 oz. glasses of water in a one hour period can be dangerous to your health. Somehow I think most people would stop long before they got to that point.

Robbin . . . Scaleicide . . . love it. Both of my digital scales have been the kind that never need a battery change and they still have their wonky moments. Good luck getting yours to cooperate.

Lillian . . . Glad to hear you are doing OK. We were getting concerned.

Here's a little FFF for today.

. . According to researchers at Johns Hopkins, music affects how fast we eat. Lively music = five mouthfuls per minute; No music = four mouthfuls per minute; Slow music = three mouthfuls per minute. No surprise that what we think of as 'dinner music' is usually fairly calm and restful.

Have a great evening, chickies . . . Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction. See you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #396  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

HI Ladies! I love being a part of this group!!! Thank you guys for all the compliments on my babies ~ they are at such a fun stage right now. Learning to talk and such... tonight, we were doing head shoulders knees & toes ~ but I have to go so slow for them to process it all... so cute! Then we did "this little light of mine" and they loved "hide it under a bushel... NO" ~ they'd both laugh & say NO! They were cracking me up!

Linda - yes, I eat the peaches while they are still frozen; I was sitting here eating some more ~ only 1 WW point for 1/3 of the bag!! But I'm out of cool whip, since I finished off the entire bowl within two days... so when I went to the grocery tonight, I refrained from getting any more... LOL... fruit by itself will be just fine, thank you... at least for a few days! 4 hours at the car place?!? Wow! Hope you had a good book, at least!

Robbin ~ it is SO HARD when you do all the right things and the scale still does not move. But try to remember that your body is just waiting & will give you a bigger than normal decrease when it finally moves.... hang in there & keep doing the right things!!

Tina ~ how nice! snuggle time with DH... since having the twins, we don't have near as much of that as I'd like... part of it is my fault, though. The girls are touching me all day long, and when they go to bed, I just want to be left alone!! LOL

Liliann ~ nice to meet you. Glad you got your meds worked out ~ I hope you feel better soon! What is WATP?

Right now (8pm my time), I've had 29 points today (goal = 26-31), so have done good. I'm taking a break from working out tonight... I'll try to get some exercise in tomorrow though. We will probably go swim at my mom's, and I can walk down there instead of drive...

OK ladies, you all have a great night!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #397  
300+ Chick

Linda... Sorry that your day was not pleasant one.. Glad that you taken a nap instead of eating more..Good thing! Hoping your Friday be a better day.

Shawn.. WATP..is at home walk away the pounds vidoes with Leslie Sansone. She have all different kind of at home walking series..which I hardly can't do unless the tv in the living room is free.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:05 PM   #398  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Evening!

Good evening girls! Just thought I'd pop in. I just finished doing my toning workout with Bob (Biggest Loser dvd) and then did 1/2hr. on the treadmill, burning 275 calories. Hopefully that'll do me some good! LOL!

Liliann, nice to see you again. We were wondering where you had gotten off to. I'm glad you were taken care of just in time by your doctor. I hope the meds kick in real fast! Welcome back aboard the wagon, lets hope to see some results soon...that'll make you feel a world of good!

Linda, yikes! I couldn't stand waiting around that long at a car shop. I have an oil change next week and I think I'm going to walk to some stores close by. Glad they figured that one out for you. You wanna hear a sad, sick story?? A couple of years ago during the winter my dad had to put his truck in for something. I think the rad. Anyways, the shop attendee came out and asked dad if he had a cat. Dad says yes...he says a grey and white one...dad says yes...and he says not anymore. Before coming into town dad had my/his cat inside petting her, telling her she was good and all that good stuff. Then knowing my mom, she can't have animals inside, which was fine she was an outdoors cat anyhow. He put her out and she went directly under his truck to snuggle up to the warm engine. Well when he went to start it to come to town...well I guess you can put together the ending. It was so sad. They (mom/dad) couldn't even bring themselves to tell me for weeks after. **In loving memory of Shy**

Shawn, I remember that age. Wasn't that long ago. I think that's the cutest stage. My nephew is halarious! Enjoy every minute because it won't be long, before you know it they are four! Have fun swimming tomorrow...I would love to join you!

Have a great night ladies. See you in the A.M.!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #399  

Hi ladies...Just a quick check-in since I have been gone all day and I was up with the birdies. Hubby has the next 4 days off, so we are going to be gone most of it. Had a great day and stayed within my points. Made a really yummy Chicken stir fry that I will post tomorrow. Got my hair cut and permed this morning, so I feel human again. LOL Took my dog to the vet and he has an infection in his mouth (bad teeth). So he is on antibotic and will have his teeth cleaned/pulled on Monday. Trying to stay cool, we were 88 today and only going to be 70 for a low tonight. Suppose to be warmer toomorrow. I'll be back tomorrow to do personals. Have a good night girls and I'll take to you later.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #400  
Michelle

Default Tired!!!

Just a short note. Hope everyine had a fabulous day! I actually just got home from my niece's kindergarten graduation! 80+ kids! They each shared a little thing about what they liked best about school, and they sang songs and said prayers (Catholic school). The best part though, was the song at the end...it started out as a thank-you type song, to everyone for coming, then goes into "First Grade, First Grade" sung to the tune of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York"...talk about hilarious! She wanted to go out for ice cream afterwards, and I had a small scoop of plain vanilla!

Hope everyone has had a great day-Thank God tomorrow is Friday! I know it was only a four-day week, but for some reason it seems longer...

Linda, BTW, I hope you realize I was kidding about the caffeine post being a downer...and you're right, Diet Dr. Pepper is waaay worse. Plus, it tastes really gross!

Liliann-nice to meet you. Hopefully we'll get to know each other better!

To everyone else, sounds like our days were productive and successful- Let's keep rockin'!! to you all...

G'Night-
ryanmi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:53 AM   #401  
300+ Chick

Shawn.. You did great on points for thursday..Bravo! I had done WW, but kept using points on junk foods. Keep up the good work!!

Tina.. Bravo for doing the Biggest loser dvd!! Keep it going!

Cheryl..Bravo on staying on points too! Keep at it!!

Good Morning ladies... I am starting fresh today and will re-program my mind on eating less and moving. I whipped out my food scale and clean my measure cups and spoons. All this time, been guessing on portions..yikes..and been overeating not only on sweets..but food it self..oh well.

Have a great day ladies..
Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 AM   #402  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Good morning ladies!!!! I am still hanging on to my good mood and can now brag that i got 2 miles on the elliptical in 15 min 15sec! Dripping sweat and breathing hard is actually starting to feel kind of good, how sick is that!! Tina is rubbing off on me.

Liliann I am so excited to see you back! When i have taken antidepressants they have always taken a while to kick in but all of a sudden i realize, hey i think i feel better, or i realize a situation that would have put me in a tailspin before doesn't bother me so much. Regardless how long the meds take to really do you some good, sounds like you have really got your head on your shoulders and are have a sensible plan! We are here for you!

Ryanmi I can imagine the stories you have heard on your job, embarassed to say but may have used a few myself! Anyway the kindergarten graduation sounds long but entertaining! Excellent job on just the plain vanilla, ice cream is one of my absolute favorites! Have you tried the sugar free Bryers Double churned? It's really pretty good.

Robbin So was there scaleicide commited today? That sounds like something that you should not even get probation for! Did you check the feet on the scale, that seems to be the problem with mine whenever I start getting a bunch of fruity numbers. Anyway, hope you have been able to resolve it and know that by staying true to what you are doing, regardless of the scale, you are getting healthier everyday! I know what you mean about needing rain, we are dry here too, but are expecting storms today.

Michelle I know i need to stay off the scales but i did weigh this morning. I was down a little from yesterday but still not back to the 264.1. i was going to put my ticker back up but i am going to give it till monday and then will adjust as needed. I think i will make mon my official weight reporting day. Sounds weird but i am usually more productive when it is raining! I need to get you and Linda together to get some rain and cool pushed on that jet stream to me!

Tina Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying to be more conscious of the sodium intake but with avoiding all sugar i have found i am replacing with some high sodium foods. I will get it balanced eventually. I am going to have to check out the place you are going to hong kong since everyone is raving on it. I like snuggle time too! I know that scale will move for you soon, keep up the hard work and the positive attitude. IT WILL CHANGE!

Linda We had the mice in the AC (fortunately not cat like Tina's dad, so sorry to hear that one!) of my husband's truck one time. the only benefit was that the guy didn't charge us much to clean it out and it worked like brand new after he did! Excellent job on the napping instead of eating. If you were able to sleep you probably needed the rest! WHere do you find all these food facts, i still haven't found my folder of info but am still looking! Hope you have a calmer day today!

Shawn haven't gotten out there to see your babies yet but will do so soon! I am sure they are beautiful girls! My grandmother had an inground pool when i was a kid and some of my best summer memories are walking to her house to swim! she lived on a back country road and the walk was shaded the majority of the time. I am part fish and love the water so i will be thinking of you today! Have a fabulous swim!

Cheryl Busy girl you are lately, well i hope you have a good few days out of town and lots of fun! Sorry to hear about your dog, does he go with you this weekend? We are suffering from heat as well, 90's all week and humid!!! went out this morning at 5:30 and it is already so sticky it takes your breath away when you walk out the door! Unfortunatley cool for me means stay inside and move as little as possible!

Well off to another day. I may not get to check in till later tomorrow, i am also obssesive about unplugging everything when there is a threat of rain/storms so may not get on the computer the rest of the day!

Just a quick question, has anyone ever heard anything about eating walnuts helping with weight loss. I have started eating them as a snack at times, gives me a little crunch and helps with the full sensation, probably because of the fat they have. But seems scale moves easier when i am eating them than when i am not????? just curious!

Have a fantastic day and i will see ya'll soon!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #403  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Good Morning everybody . . . I don't know about the rest of you, but continuing to post in a thread called "May" bothers me now that June is here, so click here for the June version.

JUNE THREAD

See you over there . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote