Old 05-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #301  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

LOIS...I'm sorry about your monitor! I know how frustrating it is when the computer isn't working! That happened to us just before Christmas, and we finally went the day after Christmas and bought a new one, and it's wonderful!

ERIN...The rain had stopped today and was beautiful and sunshiny. Then about 1pm, it started pouring down rain and hailing. It pretty much rained the whole afternoon and evening, just downpoured buckets!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #302  

ROBBIN...I'm so sorry to hear about the mishap with your daughter yesterday! That has always been one of my worries, and I don't know how I would ever handle that situation, but I'm so glad she was safe!

LINDA...Very cute pictures of the cats! My oldest daughter was showing us some pictures tonight that she had taken with her new digital camera, and now I'm thinking of getting one!

LIZA...So glad to see you back; you were truly missed! I've been going through some down thoughts here lately also, but all of the ladies here have been so supportive and encouraging, so it really does help to come here and talk it out.

CHERYL...Our weather today has been very crazy. I first thought it was going to be nice and sunshiny, and then we got buckets of rain and hail; crazy!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:36 AM   #303  

TINA...You said that you exercise two times a day; is that EVERY day? If so, you are sure motivated girlie! I now feel really bad for getting off track with mine, but that WILL be changing FOR SURE!
Old 05-26-2006, 06:17 AM   #304  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Good morning ladies!!! Hoping by throwing a little pep in the email it will get me going today. I am dragging bad, very long week to say the least and a long day ahead today! Since i couldn't get my picture to download as an attachment i am going to try it as an avatar, we shall see! Scale was kind this morning 269.1 again, so going to try to exercise and keep on plan and hopefully I'll be moving back to 268 and below very quickly!

Lizza So glad to see you again, had wondered where you had gone! I was new here when you took a break. I have had many highs and lows since you left and these women have been awsome! Don't be afraid to come and complain the support you will get can definitely help! I agree ice cream is the best comfort food!

Tina Actually my husband's family had never heard of smores until i came along and now they are all hooked, if i'd have just kept my little secret in the first place...... Anyway, i am feeling strong this morning, we will just have to see how long it lasts! Hope you are continuing on the high motivation and positive attitude! That plateau will break soon!

Linda the weights sounded kind of small for what i pictured the cats to be. Fur goes a long way i guess! Glad i don't have any! !

Michelle Sorry to hear you are still dealing with freakish weather, it can really put a damper on your day! No pun intended! Anyway, hope things are brightening for you soon, not just the weather either! Hey did your Mom ever make it back to the doctor?

Cheryl Would love to see a pic of the quilt in progress. Respite care is a wonderful thing, i know the families you do it for are so appreciative!! Husbands can be so difficult sometimes!

Well girls so far the pep is not getting me going, and i've got paperwork to get done before heading out for the day, first patient at 7:00am Hope ya'll have a fantastic day and keep the sneakers to the track!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:07 AM   #305  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . I actually think the sun is going to shine through today. It figures, we had rain for our Victoria Day weekend last week and now we get sun. It is still pretty cool, but I don't mind cool and sunny in the least. Hope your Memorial Day weekend weather is cooperative, everybody.

Tina . . . Absolutely true girl. If we just keep on doing the right things the weight definitely will come off . . . sometimes we'd like it to be faster and easier, of course, but nobody who promises it will be easy ever really means it.

Cheryl . . . I know exactly what you mean about the grass. At this time of year you really can "watch it grow". Have fun sewing down those dollies.

Michelle . . . Yes you definitely have to get a digital camera, they are fun . . . and downloading pictures has proven to be easier than I expected. Good luck with the exercise. If you get a love-it-bug, please get him to send his friends my way.

Erin . . . Yep, I know that Mouse in particular looks huge. His hair is about 6 inches long on his mane. He is king of the furball problem of course, because he spends so much time grooming. Great job with the picture. Looks like you were having a great vacation.

Well, gang, thanks for all the compliments on the pictures. Guess I'll have to get to work on getting one of myself to post. My problem is that you're all so young and beautiful and I'm so old and not. It's one thing for you all to know that and quite another for you to actually see it. One of the few good things about extra weight . . . it keeps the skin puffed up so the wrinkles don't show so much . . . as my double chins are starting to shrink my saggy jowls get bigger. Stand by, picture will be coming soon.

Here's a little truism for today . . . Pet hair sticks to everything, except the pet . . . particularly true for cats like Mouse.

Have a really great weekend, everybody. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #306  

aww thanks for all the kind words, i missed u guys.
i dunno stuff is just all getting on top of me and im feeling like i cant cope, everything seems to be going wrong lately.
went shopping one day a couple weeks ago and thought id buy myself a new pair of jeans (retail therapy y'know) dunno why i did it but i went into the changing room, i havnt done that for years, lets just say it was a shock seing all those huge mirrors. if im buying clothes i just guess at the size and take them back for a bigger or smaller size if need to i dont do changing rooms usually,i avoid mirrors as much as i can, sometimes cant help catching a glimpse in a shop mirror or reflection in a window etc but i just look away and pretend its not me. but walking into that changing room really shocked and upset me. than theres the debts and the bills i cant pay, also my girlie probs which have been pretty much ok for the past year since i got an ius to lighten my periods have returned, now i always get depressed during that time of the month anyway, it must be a hormonal thing, but now im just so scared that its gonna get as bad as it was before and i just could not cope with going back to that, for a couple of years i was so depressed and in pain and i hardly left the house. so im all emotional and down and im so so tired all the time, i hardly have the energy to get out of bed in the morning never mind work out. urgh there i go me me me. everyone has problems, thats just life. really glad to see y'all are doing so well. wish i had the strength to do what you guys are doing.
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:26 AM   #307  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Wanted to pop in and say good morning. I am running really late this morning. I had to take my car to the doctor, the air conditioner quit working and with the 98 degree days we have had here lately I have to have my air. I will definately be back after a bit to post some personals. I just gotta get a little work done before the boss gets here. LOL got to make him think I work really hard.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #308  

ERIN...I thought we had a new person here when I saw the avatar, and then realized it was you! You're very pretty and a very nice picture! Yes, my mom has been back to the doctor, but she's still been up to her same old/new habits, and I'm having to just get on with things, because it was starting to drag me down again and affect my whole mind set. Our weather is still crazy! It has gotten a lot colder since last night, and still pouring down rain.

LINDA...I'm definitely going to look into the camera. Is it easy to download pictures here to the computer, because I know nothing about the computer! I'm feelings so much better this morning because I did my WATP and I'm back on track!

ROBBIN...So sorry to hear about your car! A person really relies on the AC in the hot weather, especially 98 degrees, YUCK!

Well I'm happy to say that I did my weekly weight in and I'm down 3 pounds; so I must finally be doing something right. Hope all of you have a great Friday!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #309  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

First off I would like to thank you all for your concerns about my daughter. I have decided to let her live but have yet to decide "punishment". She was being a good friend by staying where she thought she was needed but.... she didnt call to let anyone know.

Erin, Wonderful picture. I have been on the ocean 2 times and got terribly sea sick both times. Yuck. I have always wanted to take a cruise but not sure I could handle it.

Tina, Thanks alot for the notepad Idea . It is much easier than taking notes on paper.

Liza, We are here for you girl. Just dump the problems here. We might not always be able to come up with a solution but I have learned it is always easier when you get it out. Everytime I dump on these ladies they always give great ideas. And remember that you do have the strenght to do this. As Tina has been telling us positive self talk really helps.

Linda, My MIL has a cat(snowball) that weighs in at 17 pounds. He is huge. And let me tell you she has cat hair all over her house. He sheds something aweful.

Cheryl, let me know if you had that talk with your hubby and if it worked. If it did I need to know what you said. My husband has so much military stuff packed in our house there isnt much room for anything else. Everytime I mention getting rid of some of it he throws a tantrum. lol

Well girls, I got a call from my mechanic and the total cost is definately more than I was expecting but oh well I will live with it because it is harder to live with out the air.

Ya know I have really got to find some time to get some exercise in. I know that the scales would move alot faster if I did. It seems like the 5 minutes here and there that I fit in just isnt enough. And since it isnt real exercise but just playing basket ball or tag with my kids I dont count it.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend. I will try to check back in over the weekend but if I dont know I am thinking of you all.

Last edited by RRVMMM; 05-26-2006 at 12:29 PM.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #310  
Onward and Downward

It's me again . . . Ok I'm going to change my avatar . . . don't say I didn't warn you and you'd better look quick because I'm not sure how long I can stand looking at myself every time I post before I go completely

Liza . . . You have got the strength, girl. I know you do. Things will get better for you and soon you'll wonder why you've been feeling so rotten. We all go through periods of deep depression and when you've got any kind of medical situation that affects hormonal levels, those depressions can really be the pits. Whenever you are feeling really down, think about that wonderful little gift from God named Andrew. Remind yourself how much he loves you and needs you and how much you love him. Hug him every chance you get and practice smiling. You'll really get to like it. Here's a dose of the good stuff to help you along the way

Robbin . . . See you later, gator.

Michelle . . . Congratulations on the nice loss. You are obviously doing a lot that's right. I found it was easier to post pictures than I ever thought it would be . . . after I got the initial kinks out, of course.

And will you just look at that, Michelle. It came out BIG . . . believe me I would have been happy with small. Oh well.

Have a great afternoon.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:01 PM   #311  

LINDA...Thank you for your kind words! Your very pretty and I really like your picture! You're making me want a new digital camera more and more all the time, and yes, your picture is bigger. I may have to ask you for some help if I get one, if that's okay.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #312  
Onward and Downward

Robbin . . . Sorry . . . I'm not ignoring you; you kind of snuck in there on me when I wasn't looking. . . Kids are all the same . . . they tend to see only what is right in front of their nose. Trust me, their vision does get longer as they grow older. Although there were certainly times with my boys that I was sure none of us could possibly survive until they got out of their teens, we all managed to get there. I know exactly how you feel, air conditioning in the car is no more a luxury than the engine is . . . at least for me.

Michelle . . . I'm absolutely flattered to think that I might actually be able to help somebody with technological stuff. Wow. Of course, I'd love to help if I can.

Have a good one, girls.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #313  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Friday!

Good morning ladies. Well I guess I can claim a small victory this morning...and it is small. The ticker is finally right...if you remember last week I said I was 121.5 but the tickers never records decimals. So now this morning it is correct. I was hoping for something a little more, but hey you take what you can get.

Cheryl, this weekend I have a graduation to go to. It actually starts tonight. I bought a little "black" dress for it but it's pouring down rain. Which I don't mind because I'll be able to cover up some! LOL!

Michelle, Sundays are my day off. But I must confess saturdays are a little slack aswell. Sometimes I'll fit it in and sometimes not. Well not my usual routine anyhow, but sometimes I do go for a walk around the neighborhood. You go girl! Three pound loss is amazing! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

Erin, nice to put a face to the name. You look great! Don't worry you'll get past this draggy-ness. You've proven yourself already. Pssst...I've got a secret...I've only tasted smores for the first time last summer! I should have left it that way too...cause I loved them!

Linda, lol..so true! Peek a boo...I see you! I don't know what you're talking about..maybe a lot of negative self-talk, but you look good. You were painting an awful picture of yourself (I was kinda scared! hahaha...kidding!) But seriously, you really look good.

Liza, oh you poor dear. I so had my fill of wacky hormones due to pregnancy. And then after pregnancy dealing with the "baby blues". The only good thing is that they leave after a while. My while felt so long because it seemed I was living in a grey cloud for the first two years. During that time I know what you mean about the mirrors. Sometimes while getting dressed I see my reflection and feel utter disgust and disappointment. I sit on the bed in bra and panties and cry...feeling sorry for myself. The funny thing was...I don't know why or who I was expected pitty from. I couldn't expect pitty from anyone else because it wasn't anyone elses problem that I was so fat....but my own. One day it just hit me...why let this fat make me feel trapped in a corner, rule my moods, spoil my life and limit me in things I would like to do. So I changed it, I ruled over what I was going to do about it. I tell you nothing feels better than feeling like you're back in control of your own life. The day I started my weight loss journey...I was still 269lbs. but I was a lighter person on the inside. My whole attitude changed...I wasn't fat anymore...I was a thin person trapped on the inside and happy because I was doing something about it. I am now the same weight as I was when I went in to give birth. I weigh exactly what I was at 9 months pregnant...that's mind boggling to me. What's even more mind boggling is that I ballooned past that to 269lbs.!! I was never that weight before. I can happily say now I'm going to get rid of my baby weight...I've just terminated all the years of depression weight. My girl if you only start believing that it is doable and claim it you will own it!! I'm not saying it's easy...it's the biggest challenge mentally you'll probably ever have. But it's so worth it when you're on the right track. Welcome back Liza!!

Robbin, glad you got the AC working. But you know with the extra sweating you'd be doing, you would be getting rid of water weight!LOL! Kidding....I wouldn't be able to handle it either. Since the new vehicle (has a sunroof) my daughter insists on having it open..so that means no AC. It's fine while you're driving but it totally sucks when you get stuck at the lights. And hey..as long as your body is up and moving...it's burning calories. It's great to be active with your kids.

Well girls I think I've babbled on long enough. I gotta fix some lunch for myself and daughter. Have a great day!! I'll be checking back later.

TTFN!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #314  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

After a nudge (((RRVMMM))), I'm dropping in to say hello. I've been kind of taking a break from the group threads, gotta lot of things going on in my mind and I just needed a breather. I am doing........okay, I guess. I'm trying to figure out me and life. I hate always being a downer and didn't see me being much support to others so I've basically lurking except a thread or two here and there. I'm considering giving South Beach a try and next week I want to buy some weights and start on that.

Thanks again RRVMMM for the nudge. It feels good to be thought about. Hope everyone has a great long weekend. I am broke until next week so I'm going to spend the weekend to catch up on cleaning.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #315  
Lois

Hi Ladies,

I gotta make this quick, before I'm in the dark.... still waiting for the replacement. I didn't go thru all the posts but I did see some faces Linda and Erin, nice to see ya girls!

I'm still working at it... : down 1½ lb so far... It's not weigh in day, but I hope it holds The weather has been nice and I have been able to get out I'm determined to keep pushing!

I hope everyone is well and I hope my puter usage will be back to normal soon.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote