Old 05-06-2006, 08:19 AM   #76  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. I am feeling much better this morning about the 2 pounds that showed up yesterday. Telling myself they will be gone again. I drank like 10 gallons of water yesterday trying to flush it away. I have a very busy day ahead of me today. I have an Army Family Support Group Meeting (I am president and have been for 3 years). I have to go grocery shopping and I have to go pick up the go-cart I bought for my kids last night. I cant believe I bought it either. I was in a car wreck back in december and just got my settlement from the insurance company. Well I decided my kids(and hubby) deserved something for having to help me out so much during the time I couldnt do much from being in pain. They all(hubby included) have been really wanting a go cart so I went and got one to surprise them with. It is a really nice 2 seater that hopefully the whole family can have fun with. Tomorrow will be lots of work around home.

Ya know Tina I have tried to sew a quilt before I actually got it done but the first time it had to be washed it fell apart. I opened the washer to take it out when it was finished and there was all the little blocks and the guts to it in peices. LOL

Yeah Cassie way to go, 3 pounds. Keep moving and shaking. Be strong around the cake, you can do it.

Hello Countess, Nice to meet you. I have been around since March, not really new but not an original to the group either.

Meowee, hope you had fun mall crawling. I hate going to the malls in our area they all suck. And usually they are too full of teens to actually enjoy anything.

Lois, I am quite a ways from 40 pounds and can deffinately understand what you are talking about. I find I have a bit more of a bounce in my step, I'm not so tired anymore. And I keep having the awesome dreams at night, I am really skinny and having to beat the guys off. I told my hubby about it and he told me that he would do the beating for me. LOL

Well girls I gotta run, I will try to check back tonight. Lets all be loosers today.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #77  

hi gals, been feeling really crappy this week, i think its the weather, its been really hot here and i hate hot weather im all tired and sweaty all the time. i thought when i started this on 1st jan that by the time the hot weather started again id have lost more than i have and wouldnt still be feeling this way in the heat but its my own fault i havnt lost more i keep falling off the wagon and putting lbs back on as fast as i lose them
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #78  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Everyone ~ Well I'm very upset with myself, because today is my weigh in day, and I didn't lose anything. I knew I shouldn't have gone out to lunch yesterday, but I did and made bad food choices! It's just amazing how you can work so hard all week and eat so good, and one day, one meal, can blow the whole week! Oh well, life goes on and I'm back on track again. Sometimes I just don't think it's worth going out, because it's just too tempting!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #79  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I haven't been feeling well this week either. The week started with really bad allergies, then that lead to a bad cold which has ended with the flu-like thing I've got going on now. I've got diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, stomach pains and fever. Oh the joy!! It's a bit better today but now that much better. I thought by now I would be back to my old self. So needless to say, once again, I was not able to start exercising. I tell you if it's not one thing, it's another. Hopefully Monday I can finally start.

Oh, and Michelle, that's probably just water weight. Up the water for the next couple of days and you should drop those in no time.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #80  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

And a good Saturday afternoon to everyone . . .

The morning was beautiful . . . sunny and pleasantly warm Unfortunately it has clouded over this afternoon and it seems to be cooling off fairly quickly. Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Tina . . . wow, you are a Spring Cleaning dynamo, enjoy the great exercise. If you run out of house before you run out of steam, come down here.

Cassie . . . Three pounds. Fantastic.

Countess . . . Forty-one pounds so far. Another fantastic.

Robbin . . . Keep slugging in the water girl. It's amazing how much it can help to move the stubborn scale-

Liza . . . so glad to see you. You had me worried again. I know how you feel. I had hoped to see more gone by now too. We haven't had any hot weather yet but I know it's not far off. You know, I don't think it is just the excess weight that causes us to suffer in the heat, I think everyone has a different kind of tolerance level for heat and cold. Even when I was relatively young and thin (when dinosaurs still roamed the earth) I remember suffering in the heat. We are just not 'summer people'.

Michelle . . . hang in there. One meal doesn't blow the whole journey and probably not even the week. The big meal probably trapped some water. It'll go away soon. I try (doesn't always work out mind you) to plan any little outings that I know will include a big meal for the day after weigh-in day. Gives the body a chance to recover.

Tracey . . . wow, girl, you've had a bad time of it lately. Hope you get to feeling better, really soon.

Cheryl . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY . . . . . . Wherever you are.

My day is chugging along pretty well. Eating well and moving well and getting a little crafting done as well. Hope the rest of you have a great day, too. Keep heading in the right direction. See you soon.

Last edited by meowee; 05-06-2006 at 01:58 PM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #81  

went shopping today, thought some retail therapy might cheer me up, didnt buy much, some shoes and a jacket for my boy. only thing bought for meself was a bra but...........
2 SIZES SMALLER
I so much needed a nsv to get me back up...now i am ready to BURN
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #82  
Onward and Downward

Absolutely fantastic, Liza . . . I'm so pleased for you and your great NSV. Go, girl, go.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #83  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Saturday!

Afternoon ladies! I hope you're all found well again this day. Things are going good here. Yesterday I ended up going full force in the cleaning department, and did some spring cleaning. Everything is so sparkly and shiny now..OOooooo. I guess the one thing that motivated me is my little trip. I hate coming home to a house that is untidy and in need of some chores. The laundry that you get during a trip is enough! LOL! Even though I'm only going for two days. So I'll be leaving early in the morning, I'll try to check in tonight before then. Send some will power girls, this will be my first time out and away since I started losing. There are a lot of temptations out there when a girls on a little holiday.

Michelle, I guess everyone has their own little nacks they can do. I'm sure you're awesome in departments that I can't do either. Yes mom...I'll be careful driving around in my new, red, spicy, fast, vehicle! haha! Sometimes our body will hang on for dear life, just keep in mind you're the winner in this battle and hang in there! I really don't think that one meal would have thrown you off completely. It takes 3500 calories to either gain or lose one pound.

Cassie, congrats on the 3lbs. Woo Hooo! I guess there wasn't any need to worry about the fried chicken incident. You're an exercising queen! Have fun this weekend celebrating! But be a good girl......

Countess..HI! Great to see you again. Congrats on your amazing loss so far. You're really doing well. Thanks for the compliment. Will be nice to see you more often!

Robbin, you bought the go-cart on total surprise of your husband too? or did he help picking it out? I couldn't imagine picking something out electronic, motorized, etc. without my husband. There's a lady here that just moved in over the winter...so they still have their landscaping to do and her husband went out and picked out the stone they wanted. She said she got so upset that he went ahead and did it without her. It was like she went and bought season hockey tickets and picked the seats herself. (Now there's a perspective a man can understand!) hahaha

Liza, so glad to hear of your NSV! You needed that to help get yourself outta that kurfluffle. Congratulations! Things are really started to move now. And if you're interested in knowing...I'm in a size XL panty instead of 1x. hahaha!

Tracey, it sure is....if it's not one thing it's the other....type of a week for you. But hey you get a brand new start on monday. Hopefully all that sickie stuff will have left you by then.

Linda, yeah let's hope that this cleaning spurt doesn't leave me too soon! Sounds like you're having a great saturday. Have fun!

Hope you're all out and enjoying what this day has to offer! Make it a good one ladies!

Later Gators!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #84  

Robbin ~ You're doing so good! How did your husband and kids react to the go-cart? I think that's so kind of you to do in return for their help to you.

Liza ~ That's great about the new smaller bra! That's one thing I cannot wait for, to be in a smaller size bra again! Before I had kids, or even gained weight, I wore a size 34C, now I'm in a 40DD, and I hate it!

Tracey ~ I hope you're feeling better now and you can get back on track with your regular schedule come Monday. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Linda ~ I do need to plan my outing if I want to treat myself, on the same day as I weigh in, that way I have the whole week to get the extra weight off.

Tina ~ Have fun on your trip and I know what you mean about coming home to a clean house! I like it the same way, because it just makes it even more relaxing once you get home. Make sure and atleast treat yourself on your trip since you've been so good this whole time!

I have a question ~ I always see the initials "NSV" and "BTW" and don't know what they mean? I hope all of you have a good evening...
Old 05-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #85  
Onward and Downward

Have a great little trip, Tina. Enjoy the new vehicle and the change of scenery and the spotless house you'll be coming home to. See you soon.

Michelle . . . NSV is Non-Scale Victory . . . BTW is By The Way. Somewhere on these boards I saw a whole post about acronyms. I'll look for it again and come back and post a link. Here it is . . . acronyms . . . it's in "Announcements and Forum Help" which is the very first forum on the Boards and then it's the second sticky from the top.

Its been pouring rain all evening after such a wonderful start to the day this morning. Oh well . . . sun is supposed to come out again tomorrow. See you all then.

Last edited by meowee; 05-06-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #86  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick check in. I've been pretty busy the last couple of days with meetings and today my hubby took me out to lunch for my birthday and then I went to a movie with my friend.

Tina... your quilt is beautiful. Enjoy your trip and drive safely.

I'll be back tomorrow to post personals. Got a couple of movies to watch tonight.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #87  
Lois

Good evening ladies,

I tried to get on here a couple of times last night but the page would not load, so now I'm behind again. The weather has still been holding up so I have spent as much time as I can outdoors. I did get some walking in and I felt good about that, but I didn't get to the track today ...maybe tomorrow No change in my weight this week, just some minor fluctuations.

Liza, congrats on the NSV

Tina, enjoy that getaway and buy some smaller clothes...

Linda glad the weather is beautiful there too ...

Cassie, whoo hoo, on the loss ...

Countess, good to see you and WTG on your loss : ...

Tracey, hang in there girl, ...

Michelle, don't let that get you down, I know I have not done well the last couple of days, but tomorrow is a new day! ...

Robbin, yes it is an awesome feeling and definitely more bounce in my step too! ...lol too funny about having to beat off the guys.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! ...catch y'all later.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #88  

Linda ~ Thanks for those definitions. I have alway seen them and forgot to ask what they meant.

Lois ~ Thanks for the encouraging words. I know I can get very down on myself, and always try to help others feel good when they do the same thing. You're right, tomorrow is another day.

Well the rain still hasn't started here, but it's been pretty dark for most of the afternoon. Tomorrow I'm going out for awhile with my older daughter; should be a fun day. Hope everyone has a great evening...
Old 05-07-2006, 12:44 AM   #89  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Michelle, you got it! When I get back it'll only be putting clothes in the hamper and the rest away. Thanks, I'll think about that treat! Have fun with your daughter tomorrow!

Linda, thanks! I will sure enjoy this LITTLe getaway.

Cheryl, hope you had an awesome birthday!! Thanks for the compliment about the quilt. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Enjoy your movie night!

Lois, you know my heart and you took the words right outta my mind. Can't wait to visit those clothing racks!!

Well girls, I have approximately 5 hrs. till I have to get up and get ready. So I think I shall get ready to hit the hay. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll be thinking of you all and I'll see you when I get back sometime Monday night. (Sheesh...you guys must be saying it's a good thing she isn't going for a month! hahaha!!)

Ta ta!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:42 AM   #90  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Just a me post to say I had my first gain this week

It had been S-L-O-W going off this week and by yesterday I was only down 0.2 from last Sunday. But last night was the Spring Ball organised by the school I teach at and I decided to totally can the diet for just one night. When I estimated my calories this morning it came to about 2586 and most of that was from alcohol!! So this morning I was up to 174.4 - 0./9 up from last Sunday.

Although I was gutted because I found I couldn't actually finish the dessert. it was stickt toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream and it was absolutely gorgeous. I ate about half of and then began to feel actually sick at the prospect of eating the rest which really is not like me at all. I have NEVER not been able to finish a dessert - I make a point of eating it no matter what. But this time I couldn't.

Ah well - I did a fair bit of dancing also so maybe that will help to mitigate the effects of the alcoholic calories. But I had a good time and I think it was worth the gain. It's only a pound - it'll drop off this week!

Sorry no personals right now - have piles of cleaning to do before my M&D bring my dd back - they had her last night so I could go out.

Did have a NSV though - I went out yesterday afternoon to buy a new strapless bra for my dress last night and they didn't do them in what I thought was my size - 40D - so I picked up a 38D to try it and it fitted perfectly.

I know the cup size is the same - the girls are never going to go down THAT much, but I was pleased the chest size had gone down. So now I've gone form a 42DD at the beginning to a 38D.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote