Old 05-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #241  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Cheryl . . . Congratulations on the 2 lbs. gone.

Michelle . . . It often gets quiet around here on weekends. Everybody is out doing other stuff, I guess.

Liliann . . . So glad you are feeling better and back in the groove again.

Lois . . . Congratulations on another 3 lbs. gone.

Kind of off and on rainy around here, too. It's quite cool at about 10C (50F) but it seems heavy and muggy at the same time. Not a particularly nice weekend at all. Hey, at least no shovelling is required.

I took some pictures and looking at them through the back of the camera, I think they are terrible. Couldn't find a good background for these quilted clothing items. Maybe they will look better once I get them on the computer. Then I can begin the journey into the great unknown . . . getting them on here. Wish me luck.

My eating has not been the greatest today . . .ate both breakfast and lunch by 11 am and have been delaying dinner to get back in sync. Unfortunately neither the early lunch or the delayed dinner are very good for the blood glucose control. Hopefully I'll get back in sync tomorrow. Needless to say I haven't been doing any exercising either . . . I know I need to, but sometimes I just hate the idea so much.

Have a good evening, all. I'll see you tomorrow. Keep doing the good stuff.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:55 PM   #242  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hello Ladies, I'm back. Actually I got back last evening but was way to tired to even try to type.

Michelle, I am really glad you decided to stay . If I skip you in my personals I don't mean to. I know that there are times i only mention 2 or 3 of you ladies in my replys but that is because I am so often in a big hurry and just reply to what stuck in my head. I am hoping for things to slow down in my life so I can spend more time on myself and with this group. Everyone here really means alot to me.

Cheryl, Your ziti sounds yummy, mind passing on the recipe. Alos congrats on the 2 pound loss.

Lois, Congrats to you too , hitting a mini goal is a big step. When you reach a goal it feels like what you are doing is working.

Lillian, Keep up the good work, you can do this. We are all here for you

Linda, That card is really cute . I am sure your pictures really arent that bad. Sometimes it is hard to find the right background.

Tina, I am so jealous that you are getting a good vacation. Could you please leave the Fairy Fat Mother in my care while you are gone.

Well the float trip was fun but we were not the sharpest crayons in the box yesterday. When we signed up to float we signed up for a 14 mile trip and figured we would stop at the halfway point if we were tired. Well when we were halfway we decided what the heck lets go on. The whole trip took 6 hours and a ton of rowing. By the end of it the kids wernt so cheerful anymore and definately not excited about the fish swimming around our raft. Everyone was quite cranky. Although on good thing is we didnt really get to terribly sun burned except for my scalp at the part in my hair .

I rowed for six hours uuuuugggghhhhh. I looked it up on fitday and that is like 2500 calories. I didnt make the best food choices for dinner(chicken fried chicken sandwich), and went over my calorie mark by 300 calories and fat grams by about 15 grams. But I figured with all of the rowing it probably didnt hurt right? Well this morning was weigh in morning and guess what........I DIDNT DROP A SINGLE POUND , not even an ounce nothing nada nope not a thing . But you know what, its no biggie. Maybe I will loose this week.

Well its time to get the kids to bed, tomorrow is another Monday. See you all later

Last edited by RRVMMM; 05-22-2006 at 09:21 AM.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #243  
Mom of 4

Good morning! Where is everyone? No one has been here since me last night.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #244  

Robbin...WOW! Six hour of rowing. You go girl!!! Sorry the fairy fat mother didn't pay you a visit, but I'll try to send her you way. I'll post the receipe later on this afternoon.

Michelle...Sorry you and Linda were lonesome yesterday. My phone was not working, something to do with the modem in our other computer. It has a mind of it's own! Anyway it was working this morning.

Lois...Congrats on making your mini goal! Your doing great with your walking as well.

Liliann...Hope you are back to your old self and feeling better. How was church?
You deserve to take care of you. You can do this Liliann!!

Linda...Hoping to see your pictures you took real soon. Hope you are having nice weather.

Tina...Hope you had a good weekend. Our you counting down to your trip in July.

Well ladies, I'll be back later. Going to lunch with my gal pal's at Applebee's. Make it a great day.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #245  
Lois

Hey Ladies,

Yes, it sure is quiet around here. I know the weekends are quiet, but come monday there is usually a little more activity.
I hope everyone is okay!

Michelle, Linda, Robbin & Cheryl, thanks for the congrats! I seem to work really hard every other week... LOL. I think I got a little taste of walking outside and I find it more appealing then WATP, but until the temps are on the rise again I will be walking with Leslie.

Hope everyone is having a great day... I will check bak later.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #246  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Everyone ~ I agree, it is still very quiet around here today!

Robbin Thanks for your kind words! You also mean lots to me and so does everyone here!

Cheryl Have a fun lunch with your pals today at Applebees! I love their fish and chips there...mmmmmmm!

Lois I will also be happy when I can get out next month and start walking with my daughter. She's out of school June 15, and then we're going to start going up to the park by us with a track.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:37 PM   #247  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Monday!

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been around much this weekend. But you know my weekends! My mom was here and we spent a lot of time at my aunt house. She was doing some landscaping. So between that and shopping I haven't been home much. Not much new scale wise, my dear AF showed up a couple of days early and is throwing the scales off, so I don't even bother to count it. Now to catch up!...

Cheryl, YUmmmmeee! Please do share the Ziti recipe. I love trying new things. And I will work on getting some new full length pics..but you know taking pics of yourself is no easy task! LOL! We'll be gone July 16 through to August 6th. And congratulations on the 2lbs. loss! You go girl!!

Michelle, I have to chuckle at this hogging of the fairy fat mother by Lois! That's so cute. Glad your weather cooled down for you over the weekend. Nice to hear you wiped the slate clean and giving it a fresh start. It'll do wonders for you! Just keep doing the right stuff and that fairy fat mother will be stopping by in NO time!

Linda, no I will be smart and not cut calories. I promise! I've learned that it WiLL backfire once you start taking in a more reasonable amount of calories. That was a lesson from the many defeated attempts at losing weight before. I thought that card was so cute!! I hope your day is more back into sync for you today.

Liliann, it's great to hear you're feeling like your fitting back into your groove. Drive slowly so you don't happen to bump out of it again.

Lois, Woooo HOOoooo! Three pounds is amazing! I bet you feel amazing. All that exercising has paid off. Good job girl, keep that good stuff up and you'll be passing your next mini goal in no time!

Robbin, wow that was a lot of cardio! Glad you had fun even though there were a few bumps. I bet your arms were so sore after that. It seems I can't control the fairy fat mother. She's been stopping by at Lois' and Cheryls'. But you know I would leave a little bit of her dust with each one of you and cage her for myself!! hahhaha!

With regards to my trip which is exactly 8 weeks away. Now you girls know that I don't particularly like setting time limits for myself. BUT, according to the safe loss of 2-3lbs. per week, I should be able to lose 16-24lbs. by then. I'm really going to try to stick to my guns with every little aspect now. Exercising, water and food intake which has all from time to time has slipped a little throughout the pass few months. It's been 24 weeks since I've started and according to that rule I should be around 48-72lbs. loss by now. I'm contemplating starting the Dr.Phil rapid weight loss (stage one of his diet) to see where it will get me. I'll keep doing on my own for now, being exceptionally good to see how I do, but when time draws near I may have to do that. And that's about all that's new with me.....interesting huh? LOL!

Have a great day ladies! I'll be on the look out for that fairy fat mother!

TTFN!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #248  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . . I've been battling with my pictures for a long time today . . . couldn't get them to download because they were way, way over the 50KB limit allowed on 3FC . . . finally think I've got it figured out . . . but now I have to retake all the pictures of the quilted clothing with the camera set at VGA. So here is the only thing that has worked so far . . . my middle cat, Goldi, looking terribly bored with the whole procedure . . . and I had to reduce the KB so much to get it to download, she also looks a little fuzzy around the edges. But, YIPPEE, I posted a picture.

I'll be back later to talk to everybody.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goldi-2.jpg (16.6 KB, 7 views)
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #249  

Michelle...I had a great lunch at Applebee's and I was good. I had a bowl of Chicken tortilla Soup and half a Santa Fe Chicken Salad, without the sour cream and guacamole . Eating smaller portion must be working, because I was full.

Robbin...Here's the receipe. I didn't have the fat free half & half, I used fat free skim evaporated milk and it turned out fine. I also added fresh mushrooms when I sauted the onion and garlic.

ZITI Alfredo with Vegetables

1 medium onon, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp Olive or canola oil
8 oz uncooked ziti or other small tube pasta
2 TB butter or stick margarine
3 TB all-purpose flour
1 cup fat-free milk
1 1/2 cup fat-free half & half cream
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
dash of white pepper
dash ground nutmeg
1 can (14-1/2oz) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
1 Pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry

In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Reduce heat; slowly add milk. Stir in cream; bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thicken.
Reduce heat ; add the parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir until cheese is melted. Add the tomatoes, spinach and onion mixture ; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.

One serving (1 cup ) equals 264 calories, 8 g fat, 35 g carbs, 3 g fiber.
WW points = 5 pts

Enjoy girls, this is very, very good.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #250  

Linda...Yeah for posting a picture. Very cute cat!! Looks a lot like my Topaz that passed a couple of years ago. Actually, he looked like Morris the cat and weighed 20 pounds. I'll have to see if my Princess will sit long enough to have her picture taken.

Tina...We are leaving July 24 through August 8 on vacation. I would LOVE to have 25 pounds gone by then, but will be very happy with 15. I'm eating about 1300-1400 calories a day, exercising to Richard in the morning and walking.

Talk to you gals later.

Cheryl
Old 05-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #251  
Mom of 4

Ok girls got a second here to post the question I have been wanting to post all day but haven had the time.

Yesterday on my official weigh in day I had lost 0, nothing at all. This morning I sneaked on the scales to take a peak and it was down 2 pounds. My question is this, Should I move my Ticker or should I wait till next Sunday? I have never moved the ticker on any other day besides Sunday, no matter what it said. However I was wondering if my Sunday weigh in was messed up because of possible water retention in the muscles from so much exercise on Saturday. Just curious as to what everyone else would do. I will try to check back tonight.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #252  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Linda..wow! You're doing better than you thought. Very cute cat.

Cheryl..I'll be making that very soon. Thanks for sharing. We're doing about the same. I walk and do the BL in the evening. Wouldn't it be great to drop the weight that fast!? lol!

Robbin, I don't have a specific weigh in day. When it drops I report it as soon as I can! Go ahead and change it and leave it (weighing) for the rest of the week and state another change this coming sunday!

I'm off to get serious with Bob now. Have a great night ladies. See you in the morning!

TTFN!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:48 PM   #253  
Lois

Evening Ladies...

Robbin, whoa! ! ! ...that's a lot of rowing and a lot of calories burned! WTG! You may not have made the best choices, but I bet you balanced it with all that rowing. As far as the ticker... I sometimes move mine during the week but on my official weigh in day I count all, if any, lbs lost for that week and by that time, I may or may not need to adjust my ticker. I suppose it's up to you, but I don't see any harm in moving it. Congrats on the 2 lbs lost ...looks like the rowing paid off after all

Michelle, I'll be glad when school is out too... that means I can go up to the high school anytime and walk and not just when shcool is out for whatever reason, or on the weekends

Tina, thanks! ...I was doing the happy dance! Sounds like another one of your busy weekends. I'm with you, in that I don't like putting time limits on myself. I set goals and however long it takes I feel a sense of accomplishment once I reach it... does wonders for the motivation. Your proposed weight loss sounds doable... I'll be cheering for you.

Psst, Michelle, don't listen to Tina, I wasn't hogging the fairy fat mother, I was just trying to persuade her to stick around a little longer... yeah that's it!

Linda, looks like you're getting that camera thing figured out. Nice picture of Goldi

Cheryl, Mmmm yummy... that recipe does sound good. I've saved it... now I just have to get around to fixing it.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Last edited by ladylane06; 05-22-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #254  
Mom of 4

Good evening, As you can probably see I just couldnt help myself. I changed my ticker. Yeah. Only 4 more pounds to go before I am in the 30's. Just keep telling myself 10 at a time. it is going much faster than i thought it would. That is mostly because all of you are traveling this road with me. It is so much better than being alone.

Well ladies I know it is early but I am tired tonight and my hubby has to be up early in the morning so I will end up waking up with the alarm. See you all in the morning. Sweet Dreams.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #255  
Lois

Robbin, I would have moved mine too! I agree, it is going faster then I expected as well. We'll all get there, one pound at a time. The support and motivation gives us all something to draw from. Sleep well.