Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #1696  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Hey Vonni - I weighed in this morning and am the same as last week: 88.5kg. I'm not unhappy with that, because I thought it would be more.

I've had trouble getting on this site for the last couple of days. Is it just me? I wouldn't be surprised, given my frosty relationship with Telstra

Lindor where are you? How's your back mate? I hate to see you struggling the way you seem to be at the moment

OK, gotta run. I'll check back in later today - if I can get in, that is.

Ani
Old 04-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #1697  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Happy Easter girls!

Well, the Easter Bunny was totally forgetful this year. She left the hot cross buns at her friends house, and didn't buy a single egg. We ate raisin toast instead.

Well, fat old me gained .7kg this week. I'm not surprised one bit. I decided to give life a go without the meal replacements, but I didn't replace -them-. Did that make sense? I just fell straight back into old habits, and I didn't even make it to the gym once this week. So, when the chemist opens on Tuesday, I'll be there, buying my antifat juice again.

Good to hear that you've dropped Vonni - yay! I know how it feels to see old friends, its just the best feeling ever! I hope she is alright.

Oh RennySue, that really sucks about the ipods. Although, I had to laugh at myself. You mentioned Harvey Norman's 24 month interest free thing, so I went and checked out the website! I'm thinking I could afford an ipod now!

Ani, I don't seem to have any trouble coming online at all? Maybe there's a pi***d off telemarketer somewhere, fiddling with your connection? lol

Here's to a new week.

Kylie
Old 04-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #1698  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

I'm here, and I have no probs with connecting either.

And I am here at 84.2kg! Yup, up again! But right now that doesn't seem to bother me too much...maybe if I was in a little less pain I'd be a little more disappointed in that result.

Vonni, well done on your loss! Do you think you can turn the wagon around and come back to collect the rest of us now?

Sorry, I can't sit up here for too long at the moment. I'll be hitting someone up for drugs tomorrow if my back is no better...and somehow I don't think it will be! If only I knew what I did to it!

Have a good one ladies!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #1699  

Hmmm… I just connected a new modem, so hopefully that will fix my connection problems.

Lindor I'd get that back looked at - I know how incapacitating a back can be.

I haven't been for a walk today; decided that I'll have a day off every week, and try to find lots of fun new places to walk. Yesterday it poured with rain while I was out walking in Kings Park. I got soaking wet, and was 1/2 an hour's drive from home and a hot shower! Oh well…

I'm pottering today, unpacking some stuff, pruning some trees and dodging the cats (who are having a mad morning). But back into the exercise tomorrow as I am more determined than ever that this is NOT going to beat me.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #1700  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Hi girls

In an effort to avoid starting my assignment, I thought I'd drop by to say hello. Yep, it's nearly 1am, and it's due at 9am. Thankfully it's only 1500 words long, about three different Motivational Threorists. Oh yeah, thrilling stuff. Anyone want a run down on the Expectancy Theory?

Depending on my finishing time, I'm going to the gym tomorrow, for kickboxing at 9.30, and then pump at 10.30.

w00t, thats it. I really cant avoid it any longer. See you later

Kylie
Old 04-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #1701  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Good luck with assignment Kylie.

Oh btw anyone seen Barb?

Gotta fly
bbs
Vonni
Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #1702  

Kylie I'll pass on Expectancy Theory, but thanks for the offer

Back to work today, and I'm going to try really hard to make myself go for a walk this morning first. I have a really busy day, but I need to learn that exercise is an important part of that - not something I squeeze in if I find the time.

Yes where is Barb? And Gen? And leeny?

Lindor I hope you get that back seen to today and you get some relief from the pain you've been in. I want you to feel better so I can throw you a challenge

OK - off to take my just-brewed-coffee onto the verandah!

Ani
Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #1703  

Strangely, I woke up this morning in very little pain??? Typical for me! I get an extended break from work and I am sick, the day I am due back at work all is (almost) fine! Last time that happened I had just started a two week break and wound up going to the hospital four times a day for ten days for IV antibiotics for a massive ear infection!! And that was only because I REFUSED to be admitted and be put on an RFDS plane to Perth!!!

Anyway, I was noted to be walking a little stiffly this morning and was smuggled some stronger pain relief. I haven't taken any yet as the pain is not so bad just now.

So Ani? Challenge? What are you thinking? It only hurts if I put my leg out too far, too fast now!

Kylie, Expectancy Theory?? I learned today that a friend had her baby on Friday, three weeks earlier than expected...am I on the right track here? Some how I think not

Hope it all went well for you anyway

Ok...back to work for me!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:28 AM   #1704  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Hello ladies, I'm just back from my weekend away, no internet, it was lovely! Lots of walks/jogs by the lake, a bit of swimming, hanging out with my nephew and parents.

Ate a bit of chocolate.. ah well. Not too bad. Will weigh in tomorrow - feel like I'm the same, or within 1kg of last week. I did buy a Size 14 top while I was away, and a pair of knee-high boots! (They never used to fit my calves).
Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 AM   #1705  

I made the trifecta this afternoon!!

Pringles

Tim Tams

And Nuts!!

I am so over this!!!

Why am I destroying things?

I sometimes think beating alcoholism or a drug addiction would be so much easier? To abstain totally from something would be so much easier surely? With food we can't do that. We have to eat, and I am thinking control and moderation is harder then stopping altogether.

And I don't have the strength or control to do this anymore. I have been struggling for six months now - more! Is it really going to change? This dieting and failing is just making my life miserable! And is that all I have to look forward to when, or even if, I reach goal?

Sorry, feeling sorry for myself again.

I'll get over it!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #1706  

Ok, disregard the above post

This thing ain't going to die unless I beat it! So, with a new found determination, I am going to bloody beat it!!!

I am going to look at it like alcoholism or drug addiction, I am going to abstain from my problem foods! No more Pringles! No more Tim Tams! No more nuts! NO MORE JUNK!!!

Do I sound determined?

I'll just see how I go today for now
Old 04-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #1707  

Before I read your first post Lindor I was about to make a suggestion that you ban either Pringles or Tim Tams until you feel you can just eat one or two, and then leave the rest of the packet in the cupboard.

I noticed you haven't put your weight up in your signature for a couple of weeks now, but you said you've gained. This doesn't make you a failure - it means you've had a couple of ordinary weeks in an otherwise very impressive journey.

Maybe it's a good time to try and take some of the pressure off yourself - and take some time out to reflect on the journey sofar, and on the positive changes you've made to your life. And maybe it's a valuable thing for you to make 80kg a personal project. Never mind anything else right now - just sit down and work out a plan for getting to 80kg, and a timeframe for getting there.

As you get closer to goal it does get more difficult to lose each kilo - and it is slower. But maybe this is the part of the journey where patience and determination come into their own for you.

How much fibre are you getting in your daily diet? How many grams of fat? How many serves of fruit and veges?

Maybe it's time to make one radical change. What would happen if you got up an hour earlier, went for a 40 minute walk and served yourself a yummy high fibre/low fat brekky after that? Somehow I think it's important to find a different way to make a commitment to the 'new you'!

I don't know mate - I'm just throwing up ideas to try and help you out.

There's also a small chance that you've reached the stage in your weight loss where you're going to stall UNTIL you face the emotional baggage that got you here in the first place. No matter how much we all try to avoid it, it get's us all! I'm very close to that point myself (if not right in the throes of it, and trying to pretend it isn't happening ).

Another thing I do when I am stuck is convert my weight to pounds, and then set a goal of losing ten pounds. Sometimes it helps.

But don't you dare give up on us!!!

Ani
Old 04-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #1708  

Height: 5'5"

Hey! I'm here, lurking in the background. Things have fallen in a heap for me so I've been keeping up with everyone on here but not posting. I seem only to post when I've got nothing good to say! This is supposed to be a support forum for weight loss and all I've managed to do is gain weight and be miserable

My brother and his fiance had their baby this morning. Little girl, 8lb 2oz, 49cm's. they've called her Gweneveir Rose (not what I expected, her son's name is Baily) I'm deciding what I should call her! I can't imagine calling someone so little Gwen!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 AM   #1709  

Good to hear from you Barb! And we are here to support you when you are having good days and bad! Look at my recent posts...miserable and negative to the max!!! But someone always manages to help me back up a little.

Thankyou for your suggestions Ani, I will definately take them on board. I know I need to make changes...I just need to sit down and think of where to start. One thing I am pretty certain of though, I don't think I can give up. At least my stubborn streak is good for something!

And, just quickly, I want to add this...

Just came across this exercise regime suggested for the over 40's - but I figure anyone can do it - to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy so I thought that I'd pass it on. The article suggested doing it three days a week.

1. Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 2kg potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

2. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 5kg potato bag. Then 25kg potato bag and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 50kg potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

3. After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the bags.

I actaully had a good belly laugh when I read that!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #1710  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Just a quick post.
OMG Lindor where on earth did you find that? I think we'll all lose a couple kilos just laughing. Oh, and BTW - I agree wholeheartedly with Ani and her wise words for you.

And Barb, we're here through good and bad. Post away....

Back soon
Vonni
Closed Thread