Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:57 AM   #1756  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Ok, I guess the group challenge is on!

I like the idea of group goals too Ani! So I have set our first goal - we want to reach a group weight of 750kg by April 30th. Figured we could start small? We all happy with this?

Now just a thought...do we suggest that if we don't hear from members for more than two weeks we take them off the team ticker? Shouldn't be a problem as they can just as easily be added if/when they return. Would be somewhat frustrating if we keep hold of their weight if they weren't reporting in with any losses.

Woohooo...I think I am feeling a tinge of motivation
Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #1757  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

I'm in for the group challenge!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #1758  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Me to I'm in.

And shouldn't be a problem hearing from me in the two weeks.
I usually write novels on here
I probably bore some of you but hey, you can always scroll down. hehe.

VONNI
Old 04-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #1759  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

I'm in the group thingy. Weighed in at 82kg yesterday so only down about .2 since my easter munch out. But what the **** I'll take it and run.lol A change of habits for me, I will be posting at nite.By doing this I will be trying to not pig out at nite, hopefully this will keep me out of the fridge. Will be back tonite.Should change my ticker, huh!
MMMMMmmmmm But while you are sitting there, HAVE YOU GOT YOUR WATER?????????
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #1760  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Well done on your drop Mary! Although, your ticker went up 1kg? And don't mention WATER!!! Until last night, I had forgotten how much that affects the number of times I get up during the night!

So, this group thing is well under way! In case you hadn't noticed, I have set up a ticker in my signature. From signatures and profiles I got the following info on you lot:

(starting weight/current weight/goal weight)

Ani 105/88.5/70 (do you want that changed to 67?)
Vonni 78/69/58
Renny Sue 124/120/70
Lindor 112/84.9/67
Kylie 94/87.3/65
Gen 105.6/91.2/65 (you in on this?)
MaryL 91/82/70
JennyLee 138.6/134.5/90 (you in too?)

And anyone else who wants to join - at anytime - just let us know!

If any of the details I got are wrong, can you please correct me so I can update the ticker and we can make this as accurate as we can!

Well, I had a much better day yesterday! First time in how long??

I ate within 1400cals, drank 2.5L water (peed about 20L!) and did 20mins of steps! Woohoo..and it feels good being able to report that! Going to work on doing the same again today too!

How'd did the rest of you go?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #1761  
Am I a senior too?

I'M EXCITED.......

I just decided on a whim to change channels and there on Home and Health was an exercise show just beginning.

I did a whole 25 minutes of TOTAL BODY SCULPT wooohooo.

I suprised myself that I managed the upper body stuff without too much stress, but the lower was a killer. You'd think being on yr feet all day you'd be right, but those leg raises just about killed me . And do you know how hard that is with a baby trying to jump on you while doing crunches

I'm sitting here right now with my body tingling all over but feeling great.

I'm going to do it again tomorrow. (minus the baby) Think I'll tape it and do when she goes to bed hmmmm, though if she jumps on me I guess it adds weight to the resistance.

Vonni
Old 04-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #1762  
Am I a senior too?

Just saw yr post Lindor. That ticker is great. You are amazing. Someone back there said it was nice to know that we're not just a computer to you, but that you go away and think about us as people. I agree wholeheartedly.

Actually, I get the impression that everyone thinks about others on here as valuable people and thats a really nice feeling.

In such a short time you guys have become great friends on my journey and even when I reach goal I will continue to post here.

HUGS to you all
VONNI
Old 04-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #1763  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Just a question, but are any of you going to reasses your goal when you get closer to it?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #1764  
Am I a senior too?

Renny Sue I'm pretty short and I have been 46kg comfortably without looking scrawny. (I've always been lucky enough to have feminine curves.) Admittedly that was when I was 20 and my body shape has since changed with 3 more children (2 c-sections) MORE CURVES.

My goal I have set for myself is the highest weight for height. When I get there I may reassess and aim for 54, but no lower.

Over all, I'm ok with most of my body. It's my fitness level that started me on my journey. To put it bluntly.... It sucked. And was virtually non existent.

There are only 2 parts of my body I dislike my stomach and my arms. But even when small I had larger arms (my poor daughter has inherited them and hates it lol) so I guess they'll never 'go' as such, just get more toned.

about my tummy here goes another novel ---- My first c-section was a critical emergency and very traumatic. The Drs couldn't get baby out of incision and I ended up with 4 hands, plus numerous instruments digging into me. Apparently during this my muscles were torn severly and will never be the same. I tore into my uterine artery lost half my blood and they had to repair that fast and get me sewn up rather than take time with the muscles. Wish they could have fixed it though during last surgery.

Enough about that.

The short answer to your question........ YES
Old 04-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #1765  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Ah crap I hate it when I reply and the cyber gods lose it...

Happy to be in the group challenge - I love a competition! Thanks, Lindor. Will have to adjust my starting weight to 92.2kg though.... easter sins and ttom have combined to see a 1kg weight gain this week!

Working extra hard to get it off again though - increasing my running speed most every day now. Burnt 637 calories in 35 mins running last night - new record!!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #1766  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I can't decide yet whether to drop down to a goal of 67kg - I think I'll leave it for now and reassess when I get below 80kg. Don't want to overwhelm myself, and I haven't been under 70kg for the last 17 years.

Not a bad day yesterday. I walked for an hour & ate under 1800 calories - still impersonating a camel, but I'll sort that one out too.

Lindor I can't decide about whether to drop the "non-reporters" out or not. If you keep them in the equation it might keep them accountable while they're off being naughty . That reminds me - where is Barb? It would be excellent if she was in on the challenge.

Vonni you make me laugh. I have a picture of you trying to exercise while being a human jungle gym. I have a similar problem, except with kittens. They love it when I'm doing situps and stuff - they think I'm playing with them!

OK - off to walk today. Cannot let the team don't so early in the week!!!

Ani
Old 04-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #1767  

S/C/G: 84kg

Hi

I would love to join in as the challenge as well. I weiged in this morning at 82kg and my goal is 65kg.

Cheers

Sue
Old 04-17-2007, 03:06 AM   #1768  

Height: 5'5"

I've sat here and spent the last hour typing a really long and depressing post, but the computer decided you didn't really want to read it so I've had to start again!

I'd like to join in on the group challenge if thats ok. My new and current stats are: Start weight - 94.1, Current weight - 94.1, Goal weight - 68. What a great idea Lindor!

I'm off to the doc's to get myself some help. I don't want to burden you all with my misery anymore.

See you all really soon.

XX
Barb
Old 04-17-2007, 04:46 AM   #1769  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

YAY - the group challenge is getting bigger and bigger. Lindor, you are a genius . I want a team t-shirt now… well a singlet actually. I don't care how big my arms get, I am the singlet queen of Perth!

There's a reason for it. Someone tried to strangle me once, and I've never been able to cope with anything near my neck since then (clothes, jewellry - anything. Even seat belts challenge me).

Anyway, I'm just reporting in - I walked today and have eaten well. Trying to do my bit for our team

How is everyone else going?

Barb, I'm so happy to hear from you, and happy you're in the challenge - YAY. What's going on?

Ani
Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 AM   #1770  

Height: 5'5"

Not much really, Ani, same old same old I guess! We have a family history of depression and I'm finally tired of trying to get over it. I am gonna get some help. Not to sure yet just exactly what I need, but I've taken the first step to getting better. I'm so tired of being sad and miserable, yelling at the kids all the time because I'm not happy, can't be doing them any good! I hope I find what I need to get over all of this crap, once and fo all!
Closed Thread