Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:50 AM   #1666  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Renny Sue, you may find that the longer you go on the treadmill, the looser your calves get as they warm up - try going slower for longer. You'll burn just as many calories, but you won't suffer as much. As for the weekend, you can always walk!!

I love the treadmill, as it's how I've lost most of my weight, and I have it in front of the TV so I don't notice the time.

Ani, I doubt I'll beat you there, but hopefully you'll have a drink waiting for me when I join you!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #1667  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Gen at the rate I'm going you probably will beat me there. Nothing seems to be working for me this week - just can't get my head right. It's not that I'm doing anything particularly wrong - because whatever is going wrong is subtle.

I think I should go right back to basics and give myself a lesson in Weight Loss 101, because even though I thought I had this thing under control the house moving has unsettled me and changed my motivation somehow.

Starting today I'm going back to writing down all my calories and walking for an hour every morning. I'm going to do my resistance bands tonight, and try to set up a new routine for the week. Enough is enough… if I don't stop this new pattern that is developing I will be back up to 95kg before I know it - and that would make me feel really disappointed in myself.

Ani
Old 04-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #1668  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

I put on a pair of boardshorts that have NEVER fitted me and whoohooo they fit with about 2 inches spare.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #1669  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

WellDone Vonni! Wow! It's a GREAT feeling isn't it!!

I was just looking at a thread suggesting a 3FC cruise...in America. Now, I know that is a little out of my reach, so what would everyone think about meeting up one day?

I would suggest Adelaide, only because it's central. That said, Perth would be nice, or Brissy, or whereever! I guess it wouldn't be on the cards for quite some time yet, but it was just an idea

Ani, thankyou. I am making enquiries about talking to someone. You are so thoughtful; I really appreciate what you've said. In fact, that goes to all you girls who have supported me recently.

I am finally going to the gym tonight after work. I think I will run/walk/cycle/lift until I can't move, because I haven't been able to get there yet this week. If I run for half an hour, then walk out, walk back in and run again, does that count as going twice??

Kylie
Old 04-04-2007, 02:56 AM   #1670  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Default food

It is so good to see everyone getting up and moving. I have a question Please !! How many weight watchers points do you think is in this soup.
SIN FREE Butternut Squash Soup

2 servings
30 min 10 min prep

#4 cups butternut squash, peeled,de-seeded and chopped (1 medium)
1 onion, chopped
1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 1 pint hot water
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, to garnish

Put the squash and onion into a large saucepan along with the spices and pour over the stock.
Bring this mixture to the boil, cover, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 20mins until the squash is tender.
Once it's ready, pour into a liquidiser or a food processor and blend it until it's smooth.
Return to the saucepan and reheat it gently.
Season to taste and serve, garnished with the parsley.
Add Sweet Chilli Sauce before serving. I like mine a bit lumpy so I use a potato masher.

One of my sons brought me a lot of pumpkins and this is very nice. I have made this and frozen some for later. One serve of this with 2 bits of toast for lunch and I don't even feel like dinner. Have stuck to my points today.
Thanks so much for beening here and supporting me.
Mary
Old 04-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #1671  
Am I a senior too?

Way to go Mary that recipe sounds so yum. Do u have your weight watchers points book? I would just look up the individual ingredients then divide into servings for your points. I have one around somewhere so if u don't have one, give me a few days and i can check for you if u like.

Well done Kylie on your regular attendance at the gym 2 times in a day is amazing. And I think it's a great idea the americans have. Maybe as u say one day we could all meet up. Might take some of us a while to save the dollars though. An easy way to organise a central spot I reckon is for everyone to go to whereis and get the distance from say your town to adelaide or melbourne or something.

I've been pretty good today. Still no exercise or water, but eating isn't bad. Oh, I had about 3 lollies. Sue me lol.

And speaking of treadmills rennysue and gen.... I am going to see if they hire one out around here. That might be the only way I get a walk.

Ani - you are so kind. I echo your thoughts about Kylie and time for her own needs. An outsider really will help I think.

Gotta fly. Bubba girl having a hissy fit cause tired.

Bye all

VONNI xxx
Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #1672  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Mary, only the sweet chilli sauce would have points, as far as I can see. Looks similar to the "no point" WW soup I used to make. Sounds yum!!

Ani, I really admire people who can NOT record their calories and still lose weight! I have not missed a day's tracking, either on WW or here, since December 1st. I would be very nervous to miss it now - I just don't know enough about calories yet to do it without watching. You've had huge upheavals lately, so don't forget to give yourself a break

I'll be away from tomorrow morning, so hope everyone has a lovely Easter, and try to avoid too much chocolate.. but have a little bit!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #1673  

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter. What are you all planning for the long break?

I've got three walks lined up with people; one along the beach south of Fremantle, one along the river, and another through Kings Park. Should be fun . Aside from that I have no plans, except to try and unpack the final room in this house - and clean it!

Lindor are you back from your latest "away" adventure?

Yesterday I wrote down everything I ate - ended up around 1800 calories, and I walked for an hour as well. I still don't feel 'on track', in fact I'm feeling very negative about my weight loss at the moment. But I figure that if I keep doing the walking/eating right stuff, my motivation etc might change and I may start believing in myself again.

The thing that is keeping me moving forward is knowing that I don't want to undo eight months worth of hard work. I threw out all the clothes that were too big for me (or even the ones that were getting loose), and I don't earn a lot of surplus cash… so I literally cannot afford to gain the weight back.

I also know, somewhere inside this scrambled head of mine, that losing 16kg is significant for me - it's a bigger achievement than I give myself credit for.

But I look in the mirror and I can't see the difference. I still see a fat chick, someone who wears a Size 18 and is bigger than most of her friends.

One of the things I struggle with is that I have worked hard and consistently for eight months - and done pretty well - but I have still got such a looooong way to go.

Does anyone else experience this, and if you do, what strategies have you used to overcome it?

Ani
Old 04-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #1674  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Morning all!

Looks like most have been doing well while I was away - well done!

I hate this coming back after being away...even after just three days there is so much to catch up on and I just don't have the time to respond to everything.

Anyway, one thing that did particularly jump out at me, other than that recipe up there - YUMMO! - was Kylies idea of a meet!

I think it would work as some sort of incentive for us too. Like if we set a meet date say 12mths from now we could all use that as a date to achieve a weight loss goal (not necessarily our final goal)?

And I think we'd need to include some sort of activity with it? Like Renny Sues sky diving over Uluru (not that I think I could do that), or if we choose Sydney maybe a climb to the top of the bridge, or hot air ballooning over Perth, or a theme park somewhere with roller coaster rides? Something that we have held back from doing because we haven't had the energy or have been just too fat to do? I think we need to think about this, baring in mind too, that there are some of us with limitations - Uni, $$$, family, injuries etc

I did manage to be pretty good while I was away. I ate my usual breakfasts, was provided huge meat and salad sandwiches for lunch. Dinner both nights was in a restaurant - first was a buffet which wasn't particularly exciting and the second was a counter meal at the bar which was nice but probably not the healthiest choice

I even managed some exercises with my resistance band...and I think I only did that because I was so cold in my room

Coming home wasn't so good diet-wise...I was rather hungry last night and it took control

Back to it today though.

I have today off

But I have to pop into work to get rid of all the stuff I took - computer, books, papers etc. I was going to hold onto it until Tuesday, but I know if I keep it here I'll wind up doing some work! I want my five days off!

Alright, I gotta move. Sorry I didn't respond to everyone personally.

I no doubt I'll drop in intermitently during the day. Have a good one ladies
Old 04-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #1675  
Am I a senior too?

Climbing the harbour bridge sounds like and excellent idea Lindor. So we better work on our fitness lmao. I'm for it. How's everyone else?

OK I have been good so far today. Had a coffee, tea and my brekky / lunch was leftover casserole and a piece of toast. HEALTHY casserole. Mostly veges and a little meat, no fats or oils added during cooking..

I know I shouldnt combine meals and leave it late to eat with no real brekky, just that I get so busy. I was up at 6.30 made kids lunches, got kids ready for school then away to school, fed baby clothes baby clothed myself and went to shops for SALAD for tomorrow. As soon as I got back I ate 10.30am.

Working tonight, so will not have dinner. I am just going to take some fruit salad while on my 15 minute break. I really have to rethink my fluid intake. I have to start drinking more water. I used to drink 2 litres or a little less, but now it is cooling down i drink less and less.

Gotta fly. Scrapbooking a couple of pics.

VONNI
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #1676  

Lindor I am NOT jumping out of a plane . I'll abseil off the Harbour Bridge, but couldn't climb it with my dodgy back.

But I LOVE the idea of us getting together - and I think the combination of a celebration and a challenge is a ripper. But where should we meet? Alice Springs or Uluru is central for all of us - but let's throw some ideas around and see what we come up with.

I'm off to Busselton next week - just for a day trip - as I am writing a story and need to go there for interviews etc. While I'm there I might spend a couple of hours playing tourist, walking the jetty etc. For those of you who've never been there, Busselton has one of the longest jettys in the world and it's fun to walk out there.

Lindor I'm glad you're back. What are you doing for Easter?

OK - I must go and torture the cats… gotta vacuum (which neither me or the cats enjoy). At the moment three of them (all the boys) are laying on my desk here, looking out the window at a couple of Willy Wagtails – what a life!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #1677  
Am I a senior too?

Ani I must try and post a pic of my puddy cat on here. He is a himalayan persion and we called him Snoop Dog or Snoopy for short. He is the most laid back cat I have ever had and adorable. He just flops wherever he may please and god knows u can NOT budge him. He likes birds too, only he is to lazy to chase. The dog does that for him then brings them to him. the naughty pair get into trouble but I guess its natures way of culling. Not like he's roaming the neighbourhood on a killing spree or sowing his wild oats (which he doesn't have anymore anyway).

Ok must fly, just had to put my 2 bobs worth in.

Vonni
Old 04-05-2007, 12:44 AM   #1678  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

I would love to ride a hot air balloon - over a crisp Canberra morning. *sigh*

Just dropping in before work. Skipped my lecture today - couldn't get motivated. In fact, I had a good cry this morning. I needed it. I've just laofed around, stressing about what to cook for lunch tomorrow.

Bf and I were just going to stay home, I had grand plans for honey-mustard salmon for lunch. However, now we're invited to a friends. And one of them doesnt like salmon. And the other is fussy. And bf is fed up with tomatoes. And so on. Gah, am I the only person in the world that will eat anything?? So they are getting fish parcels with lemon and garlic. Take it or leave it!

How are you girls approaching the 'easter egg issue"? I have decided to splurge on one or two quality eggs, instead of eating a million normal ones. This way, I'll really enjoy the treat, instead of mindlessly chomping.

I probably wont be on tomorrow, so have a lovely Good Friday!

Kylie
Old 04-05-2007, 07:42 AM   #1679  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Here's one option...Hot Air Ballooning - Alice Springs Outback. It's not exactly jumping out of a plane. It's central. It's adventurous. Doesn't involve too much climbing. And to me, I think it would be fun!

Price may be a bit up there, but if we give it a year to work for it maybe we could manage it?

As I say it is an option...just one, I am definately open for others!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #1680  
Am I a senior too?

ARRRR Hot Air Ballooning. I'd do it but they scare the **** outta me. A huge gust of wind and yr up and away lost forever. lmao $360 each isn't that bad considering u get brekky, and that beautiful view, not to mention the fantastic company. Hey hows that - their largest balloon carried 20 passengers.

Easter is a day for us to spend with those we love. And I guess we love chocolate. I asked my family NOT to buy me any, but my other half is allowed to buy me a bunny of good quality choc.

Gotta fly. Its 11am and I'm still in jimmy jams and lots to do. Been on phone all morning with rellys arranging my visit to them in 2 weeks time.

Vonni xxx
Closed Thread