Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #1771  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Did much better today. No ****, even though I did have more Pepsi Max's than normal. I'm defentitly sticking to the night time workouts. Feel on top of the world!

I'm SO pissed with my gym though. I'm at Fernwood and pay close to $50 a week. Its worth it for me, cause the gym is welcoming and my trainer is awesome. However tonight, I ended up not being able to finish my workout because another girl booked the treadmill and there were NO OTHER machines. That's simply not good enough. I'd already done 1/2 hr, but I'm aiming to get up to 45 min ATM. I've put a note in the suggestion box and if it happens again I'll be calling the manager. Its simply unacceptable for that money that I can't workout because of lack of equimpment.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #1772  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Morning all!

I've added Barb and Sue to the Group Effort and the ticker has been updated accordingly. I have also reassessed our first goal...lets go for 929kg by April 30, that's a small group loss of 6kg in nearly two weeks. But I am thinking this kind of challenge is going to be tough to keep track of if we have to add/remove members often. I wonder if we just set ourselves a goal of losing Xkgs a week or fortnight?

I don't know? Ani says I am a genius? I am wondering what the heck I have got myself into

I didn't do so well yesterday with my food. I had to go buy milk and guess what else jumped into my shopping basket!! I did still manage 20mins of steps and I drank 1.25L of water. And I feel like a bloated cow this morning

I am determined to make up for yesterday though, I won't let the team down!

Barb, I hope you get the support you need. Remember when talking to your doctor to mention you are trying to lose weight too, because I believe a lot of the antidepressive drugs have a side effect of weight gain...that is assuming you will go for drug therapy if the doctor suggests it. I am glad you are taking steps to get this looked at, depression is very real and can be very debilitating.

Renny Sue...any way you can book the equipment in advance? Hey you never know, it might mean you have to commit yourself to going and using it too! But I agree, you pay to use the equipment, the equipment should be readily available for your use!

Ani! Great idea!!! I nominate you to be the PR rep for our group! You can organise the shirts/singlets! If I had to we'd probably be wearing something in a fabric that doesn't breathe and is baby poo green in colour!!

Alright, I gotta get to work! Poo!!!

Have a good one ladies!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 AM   #1773  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

You can book the equipment, but regardless there still weren't enough machines for everyone to use. (people were standing there waiting)

Of course, tonight guess which dickhead left her joggers at home? I'll make it up Saturday.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:08 AM   #1774  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

I LIKE GREEN
Old 04-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #1775  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7senuf View Post
I LIKE GREEN
Having seven kids including one that is still a baby, I can understand how baby poo green might grow on you

Where is everyone today????
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #1776  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Renny Sue, at that price they should have brought one just for you . Dam straight!!!! go a have a word with the manager.

Barb, good to see that you are getting some help, these things can creep up without you even knowing it.One of my boy's is taking meds for this and it's made a big differance in his out look on life, I call them his ugly pills, lol because without them he can get really ugly.
7senuf, POO GREEN!!!!! Just wondering about the shade of green.Is that before or after peas etc?
Great ticker!!! Now I will really have to bum into gear so as not to let everyone down.
OK, off the start the day.
Have a great one people, be good, or a least as good as you can.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #1777  
Am I a senior too?

Naaa she doesn't like peas. lol.

I'm here Lindor. Running around like crazy trying to get house organised before I go away next week. That gives me an excuse to be moody when I get home and find a mess lol.

Visited a friend yesterday that I have not been to visit in nearly 2 years. She only lives hal;f hour away, but both lead busy lives. We had a wonderful day. Caught up on all the goss. Spent 5 hours and could've been there five hours more.

Been pretty good with the eating. Water is soso. Will post tomorrow when I dont have to go work.

Cheers
VONNI
Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 PM   #1778  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Ah Renny Sue, you reminded me why I hired a treadmill rather than joining a gym!! I'm having a very disciplined week, although I don't feel lighter! You know.. how you sometimes just KNOW you're going to have a good weigh in because you FEEL lighter? Yeah... I don't have that this week. Going to go swimming this afternoon for the first time in aaaaaaaaages! Thought it might be nice to test my heart rate monitor in water, as well as give my poor old achilles a rest from running. I forgot years ago how injury-prone I was when I played sport many moons ago!!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #1779  

Height: 5'5"

Well my doc has put me on meds (Zoloft) and I feel better just knowing that I've finally taken a positive step towards getting better. He wants to see me again in three weeks to see how things are going. I asked about weight gain while taking them and he said on their own they don't make it harder to lose weight, in fact most people he prescribes them to lose because the incidents of emotional eating are less! When I see him next, and depending on how I'm doing, I might ask about counselling. Anyone got an idea if you can get this bulked billed, bit short of $ at the moment!

Bathroom Scale Diet Tricks:

1. Weigh yourself fully clothed after dinner and again the next
morning without clothes and before breakfast, because it's nice to
see how much weight you've lost overnight!

2. Never weigh yourself with wet hair.

3. When weighing, remove everything, including eyeglasses. In this
case, blurred vision is an asset. Don't forget to remove jewellery
as it could weigh as much as a pound!

4. Buy only cheap scales, never the medical kind. Accuracy is the
enemy and high quality scales are very accurate.

5. Always go to the bathroom first.

6. Weigh yourself after a haircut, this is good for up to half a
pound of hair (hopefully).

7. Exhale with all your might BEFORE stepping onto the scale. (Air
has weight, right?)

8. Start out with just one foot on the scale, then holding onto a
towel rod slowly edge your other foot onto the scale while slowly
releasing the towel rod. Admittedly, this takes time, but it's
worth it. You will weigh at least two pounds less than if you'd
stepped onto the scale normally.

I got this in an email this morning, thought it might give you all a little giggle!

Have a great day, I hope to.

XX
Barb
Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 PM   #1780  
Am I a senior too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbegirl71 View Post
2. Never weigh yourself with wet hair.
5. Always go to the bathroom first
HAHA I love it all. But call me silly but..... Number 2 and 5 I live by. I have really long hair (well did till cut 7 inches off 2 weeks ago) and never weigh after a shower. And I always pee before stepping on the scales.

Barb good to hear you are getting some help. I have a friend on Zoloft and she's doing ok. I took them for a short time. My Dr just gave me sample boxes. He thought a month or 2 could be just enough to break me out of the depression... he was right.

About cheap counselling - I know some Drs refer you with a "credit" book. It is for people who really need it but otherwise can not afford to go. It has to be approved by some medical board but I am pretty sure they do this with a quick phone call. My friends little boy was given 10 free counselling sessions this way. Failing this, what about asking to be referred to your local public hospitals mental health counsellors. No they are NOT there only for the severely mental ill, they are there to help anyone in need.
I hope you are ok and all goes well.

I looked at hiring a treadmill and it was to expensive. I'll just continue with the total body sculpt when able and occassional walk. Been jumping around while doing the housework too. Much to baby's delight. She thinks it's a game and bounces around waving arms about.

Gotta go get ready for work.
Vonni
Old 04-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #1781  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Hey girls -

Wow. I leave and look what happens....baby poo is the highlight of the week! :P

I'm back, after three days of superdooper great learning. The conference was wonderful, learned alot, taught a bit. The campsite was lovely, filled with beer, chocolate, biscuits and a constant supply of coffee...I mean, it was up in the hills.

Suffice to say I did nothing for my waistline this week, but conferences are not something that happen often, so I enjoyed it for all it was worth. That said, I am back at it as of Monday, the return of uni. Normality brings more IsoWhey, and a regular gym schedule. Group Challenge! Woo bring it on.

Well, I'm sleep deprived, seedy, and trying to make sense of the last few days. I'll give you all the family update next time.

Kylie

Oh Barb, good on you. I don't know if you've been following, but the same thing's happening in my neck of the woods. Haven't been to the doc yet, will see about that this week.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #1782  

Morning all!

Good to have you back in the gutter of 3FC Kylie, where baby poo has been about the most interesting conversation we have had in you absence!! Are you glad to be back?

Barb, I hope the meds help! Your doctor sounds as if he knows what he is doing. And his take on weight gain/loss on antidepressants makes sense! Thanx too for the laugh! And yes, I'll admit to doing some of those things too...but I won't admit to which

Actaully, I laughed one weigh in, a week or two ago, when I appeared to have lost about 15kgs!! It took me a few minutes to work out (I blame the drugs ) but I had a lot of back pain at the time and I was using the towel rail in the bathroom as support while I weighed myself. For some reason it didn't initially occur to me that holding onto that rail was affecting my weigh in!

My efforts over the last couple of days has been far from great!! Actaully BLOODY AWFUL doesn't seem to come close to describing it! But I was reinspired yesterday afternoon! A saw a lady at work yesterday who I haven't seen in a few months or so. She looks great! She has lost 25kgs and she is soooo happy and proud of herself it was really quite infectious! I want to feel that way again...AND I DAMN WELL WILL!!!

So Kylie, I am back into it AGAIN with you!!!

Now, where is our Ani???
Old 04-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #1783  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I wrote a big reply last night and it's gone! Barb, glad you're getting some help. If your GP writes a referral and "mental health plan" (ie. prescription for x amount of therapy), then you can bulk bill psychology visits as of Nov 06. Makes a huge difference!

Vonni, it's quite dangerous going on and off Zoloft. It should be used for 9-12 months for depression and be reduced gradually - it is NOT suitable for short term, "sample size" use!

GPs are so clueless sometimes...
Old 04-20-2007, 06:02 AM   #1784  
Am I a senior too?

Thanks for concern Gen. I know usually u go on meds to be weaned off, but Dr gave me the sample just to see how I was with them before he wrote a script, as I have been known to suffer side effects from all kinds of drugs - even panadol used to affect me. I have some mental illness in my family and my brother has had bad side effects with so many meds before they found the right one for him so Dr kept close tabs on me. Turns out I probably would have been ok without them, just needed to pick myself up and change some things in my life that was contributing.

LMAO Lindor u crack me up. Can just see u standing there with a grimace on yr face from the pain then that grimace turns to a cheesy grin at the sight of the weight loss. Then again a grimace of despair when u realise yr holding onto that towel rail. Oh dear.

OK have to run. bubba to bed and then chilling out for the evening. I got Red rooster for dinner tonight, but only ate a handful of chips and 2 bites of a chicken strip before my tasebuds took over and was yuk. YAHOO finally I might be ridding myself of the junk food fetish.

Vonni
Old 04-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #1785  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Barb, I am glad that you have sort treatment. I know a few people on Zoloft and they are all doing well on it. Remember it isn't a short term thing and it isn't something you should just cut out.

As for free/cheap councelling I don't know what may be in your area but I live in the Port Adelaide area and I know that my neighbours son (adult age, 24) and my friends daughter (12) see councellors which they got into contact with through their doctors and also through ASIS (?) well that is what it sounds like, it is an acrinim for something. I will try to find out the name of the place, it is a government agency.

Good luck, and be patient.

Take care,
Jennylee
Closed Thread