Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #196  
JULS,DOWNUNDER

S/C/G: 90kgs/75kgs/68kgs

Thumbs up Thanks For The Welcome

HEY THANKS FOR THE WELCOME LINDOR AND KATHY I always think its funny people you don,t know and can,t put a face too sometimes seem warmer than people you do know Angel Rose I agree with Lindor, try to stay on track and keep away from food no matter how much it calls remembers are stronger all my prays are with you and yours Hey Kathy 3wks and not 1 temptation have fun on your weekend NO KIDS I,ve had a good day so farnot hungry for food today have had breakfast bar and glass of skim milk and about 3 green teas and 2 glasses of iced coffee made with that 98% fat free powder not to bad actually, thanks for the invite for chat I,ll try to get there if I can just have to figure out how to gain access, BYE FOR NOW...JULS
Old 03-24-2006, 02:37 AM   #197  

Thanks Girls for the support, My Gran had lived with my Mum (whom lives with us along with my step Dad, our Daughters and our Eldest Daughters little boy (the joy in all our lives). Yes that’s right five generation .My Mum and step Dad have a Granny flat attached to our house and our Daughter and Grandson have releasable home in our back yard, Hubby youngest Daughter and Me live in the main house.
I really feel for you kathyhegg that you regret not making the phone call, I was lucky that we were with Gran as she left this world.
I am on my way to work, so all have a good week-end.
Great to see you again angel_rose105
The Diet well it comes and goes but I will get on top of it soon I hope lol
Old 03-26-2006, 03:42 AM   #198  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Well daylight savings didn't finish so chat for NSW, ACT and VIC is still 9pm Tuesday night.

I managed to get through the weekend without breaking my diet at all. Woohoo. I did have a little bit of curry sauce that was on my prawns tho, but I figured it wouldn't hurt me much. Well this morning I had hives all over my left elbow. OMG, what caused that!

Haven't exercised, this bloody flu bug is getting worse unfortunately, and my weight is up and down like a bloody yoyo, but I've passed that magical 21 day mark now.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:36 AM   #199  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Hi all again and welcome back Angel Rose. You did your best during a difficult time with the cyclone. I can only imagine how hard that experience must be and will a little one sick as well...you are doing just fine. The diet will come back when it is physically possible to do so. Hang in there

Welcome to you also Juls...I look forward to reading all your diet successes as well. What type of diet are you trying?

Thanks Lindor for your wishes. I am fine now and back to walking. Weigh in day tommorrow...been pretty good this week and deserve some sort of loss..maybe not huge but something is always better than nothing. I did get some bad news this week though and guess what.... went to town and bought a vanilla slice. I gobbled it down like it must be the last one in existance...why...still the bad habit is always there. The guilt set in and I wouldn't even eat any dinner. Seems to be my pattern every time. I know it is all about will power but that vanilla slice is just so good...are you all droooling...no it was yuccky truely.lol..

Hope all have had a good week...get better soon Kathy...how was your weekend with no kids...I am jealous...leeny

Hope all had a good week and just a little down on those dreaded scales would be great eh ..leeny
Old 03-26-2006, 10:43 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Well I think I have had a pretty good week too. Eaten properly, with the exception of an afternoon tea at work this time, but that one was safe for me as it wasn't in our department and I suggested my colleague go to it while I man the desk. She brought a FULL plate back for me but, other than eating two small chocolate coated meat pies (don't ask!), I threw the rest in the bin!!

I have done half an hour every night on the bike too (fourteen days straight now). I feel great!!! And confident that tomorrows weigh-in will show a change in the right direction.

I am going to try and add another 15mins to the bike each day from tomorrow - thinking of doing a 15min ride in the mornings as well as the half hour ride in the evenings. Who'd have thought I'd become so passionate about exercise???

Anyway, Kathy, well done for sticking to the diet while on a relaxing weekend away!! Hope the weekend was good all round despite feeling a tad unwell. Hope you feel better soon.

Leeny, isn't it horrible that we beat ourselves up for doing something that is so natural as eating. When I slipped up the other week with those Doritos I cut out lunch everyday for the next week!! I wonder if we do it as a way of punishing ourselves or as an attempt to immediately eliminate those calories we just consumed?

I overheard a conversation a few weeks ago at work where one person was trying to convince the other that dieting was no different to overcoming a drinking/drug problem or quitting smoking.

I don't believe it is the same. When someone quits drinking/drugs/smoking all they have to do is abstain from it completely (admittedly getting over the withdrawals is difficult), they can live without touching another drink/drug/cigarette.

With dieting it is all in control...to live we have to eat food. We can't just stop eating and never touch food again. We have to learn control, to stop eating when we don't need to eat anymore. It is a hard task, and even the most devoted dieter is going to slip up. We just need to understand that slip-ups happen and we need to learn to move on from them without beating ourselves up.

So you had a Vanilla Slice, I had a bag of Doritos...have we fallen off the wagon completely, or are we going to continue this battle against the bulge??!! The fact that we are both here shows that we are here to fight another day.

We are all doing well and we should all be proud of ourselves, the fact that we come on here and openly discuss our ups and downs in our dieting life shows our determination!!

And there you have it ladies! My pep talk for the month
Old 03-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #201  

Wooohooo

I am back on track!!

Down 2kgs this morning to 97kgs

Hope everyone else does well too
Old 03-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #202  

Just realised too...

My BMI is now simply in the 'Obese' zone rather than the 'Very High Risk' zone. When I started here at 112kgs as was at the very top end of the 'Very High Risk' zone.

So I am pretty chuffed with that too
Old 03-26-2006, 06:05 PM   #203  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Way to go Lindor. I'm just on the edge of overweight myself now, and cant wait to fall over the edge. My weight has retreated back down to 85 now, what is it about that number? Hopefully I'll feel well enough for a huge workout on Wednesday and lose some weight at the gym. The only other thing I can think of at the moment to move this weight faster is to give up the old diet coke, and I hate withdrawing from diet coke.

Anyway, I'm procrastinating, I'm supposed to be on the other side of the room doing accounting homework for tonite, and obviously I'm not, cause I'm sitting here in front of the puter. What I really want to do is go back to bed and get some more sleep. Ahhh sleep.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #204  
..This too shall pass..

S/C/G: 140/140/70 kg

Red face Horrid week!!

Hey all..
i hope everyone had a better week than me. I was sick in bed almost the whole time ..on the weekend i managed to get up and do some housework, but that's about all. No partying or anything..how boring am i...heh.
Anyway, i thought it was a virus caught from the in-laws last weekend, but now think it was more likely to be something to do with low blood sugar, due to the constant migraines, lethargy, lack of appetite etc..i wish i'd figured this all out sooner, and then i wouldn't have suffered a whole week.
Anyway, i may give myself some time to re-adjust to everyday life and get some sunshine back into my life...

I shall endeavor to not go back to bed today as my big goal..lets see if i can do it..

take care

ps-i think i forgot to mention i'm only 125kg now..yaaaay
Old 03-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #205  

hi
Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #206  

Question What a great bunch

Hi girls
I hope I have this right we get on the main chat room on Tuesday night 8 p.m. Queensland Time:???
I have just finished reading all of the posts you girls have done over the last couple of weeks. All of you should be very proud of yourself , you are all very inspirational. Hope to catch up with you all tomorrow night.
All my best to all of you.
Karen (butter ball no more)
Old 03-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #207  

8pm sounds right to me Karen, hope you can make it.

Having said that I might not make it myself. I have a pretty full day tomorrow and I am not entirely sure when it will end. I am hoping it won't be too late, so if I make it I make it, if I don't I don't.

I did manage my 45mins on the bike today. I did struggle this morning though...I am NOT a morning person and the thought of getting physical was almost too much. But once I was on and going the 15min soon went by...and I was able to go back to bed!!

Angel...sorry you are not well. What is it with everyone going down sick right now?? I almost feel guilty for feeling sooo good What's the bet now that I said that, I come down sick?

Kathy, I had to laugh when I read that you said you can't wait to fall over the edge. Usually most people spend there live trying not to fall over the edge But I know what you mean. I can't wait until I get out of the 'Obese' range now. I have always thought 'Obese' as a vulgar word. I got paranoid once when I was hooked on doing crossword puzzles. Every puzzle I did had the clue 'Obese' or 'Overweight' or 'grossly overweight', I started to think I was being attacked for my size. I stopped doing crosswords after that...maybe I'll get back into them once I get out of the 'Obese' range?

Anyway...enough dribble from me!! Might see you all in chat tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #208  

Gawwwdddd!!

Not sure if I am going to be able to keep this morning cycle going!! 15mins in the morning feels waaaayyy harder than the 30mins in the evening!!!

And I hate sweating first thing in the morning!!!

I will push on and give it a good shot before I give up though
Old 03-27-2006, 08:45 PM   #209  
It's ME!

Default Hi Ladies

Hope you don't mind a Kiwi joining you on this thread. Today is just day 2 for me so I'm at the beginning of a long journey but I'm feeling positive that I can do it.

I've bought myself a training and nutrition diary and I think that will help, off to the gym after work . I have been SO lazy this year, time to get back on the wagon.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #210  
..This too shall pass..

S/C/G: 140/140/70 kg

Arrow ..getting better..

Hey all,
i hope everyone is in good health.
Last night DH dragged me on a walk..only about 2km, but i had to wear a jumper because i couldn't risk my chest getting cold...so it kinda seemed longer.
I've been sleeping all morning, so i'm missing out on a 2.5day conference that started yesturday..grr..maybe i'll catch tomorrow if i'm up early and not absolutely delirious.
Today..also got some mail which was great. I got a book through bookcrossing and a letter from a penpal who wants to..get this..become exercise buddies..wow. thats great!!
Anyway, i'm trying to stay awake today..wish me luck. Heh
Closed Thread