Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #1621  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Good god, what's happened to everyone, it's misery central!! I feel good! It's amazing what a big loss can do for your motivation - the past 2 weeks were blah, and now I'm back at high motivation. I am doing less exercise, but still eating great. Mostly because I don't buy the stuff that derails me - the last fortnight reminded me if it's there, I"ll eat it.. all at once.. so don't buy it!!

I slept through my alarm for PT on Monday - oops!! Must set 2 for tomorrow! Selling stuff on ebay and can't believe how much TIME it takes to measure, wash, iron, list, answer questions, get posted sorted etc. Sheesh. I need to charge a "hassle" fee!! Still, it'll be nice to get rid of my "junk" - and get money for it!!

Must go and buy nursing shoes tomorrow - have put myself available for the agency Thursday arvo (first shift in over 3 years!! eek!!) so need something to wear!

Heads up, bums down ladies!! Cheer up!!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #1622  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Yesterday...

Breakfast:
Bowl of cereal
Coffee

Lunch:
4 x Cruskits with tuna, tomato and 'lite' cheese
Apple
Coffee

After work...walked into a shop for milk.

Came home

Put the milk in the fridge.

Ate the tin of Pringles (give me credit for selecting the 'lite' ones)

Ate the packet of Tim Tams

Ate the two bars of chocolate

And drank the iced coffee!

Tried to nap for half an hour or so (my sleep has been so screwed up since the snake experience!)

Ate dinner (microwaved chicken parmagiana)!!!!!

Finished the evening off playing scrabble on the PC and nibbling on the smoked almonds I also bought!!!

This morning I feel fat, ugly and stupid for going down that track last night! Thing is I don't even know why I did it!

Why do I do this to myself? For three weeks I was doing so well and then I blow all that work in a few days!!

I am back on track this morning (again), but to be honest, I am really wondering why I am bothering? It starting to become obvious to me that I can't do this!!

Sorry folks...will work on a more cheery and positive post this evening!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #1623  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindor View Post
I am really wondering why I am bothering?
Because you are trying to get a healthier happier you.

My turning points were - struggling to put a pair of socks on. struggling to take care of feminine hygeine (George), Just bending down to pick something up off floor. Not being able to push my kids on a swing.

Chin up Lindor. It bothered you enough to start doing something about it. PLEASE don't give up.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #1624  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I'm feeling a bit better today. For the last couple of days I've had a bit of a seroconversion reaction to my flu jab and been a bit off colour… but I would much rather that than a full dose of the flu!

My mum goes in to hospital for back surgery on Friday. She's in NSW - and I would love to be there with her. She's 84-years-old, and I really hope she'll be OK.

I spent yesterday helping a friend move house. Didn't realise she was moving to the other end of Perth until i got there to load boxes into my car.

Come on Lindor - what can we do to help you here mate? None of us want you to give up, and neither do you! Don't demonise food… and don't let a bad day make you think you're a failure

OK - I'm going to discover another walk around this gorgeous river before I unpack some more boxes. I also need to do some house cleaning today, so I had better get cracking. I'm really hoping to lose another 0.5kg this week, and the only way I'm going to make that happen is if I get out there and do it.

Ani
Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 PM   #1625  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Hi girls

Augigi - Are you excited about getting back in the saddle? I hope the day goes really well!

Lindor!!!! What are we going to do with you? Next time you pop into the shops, just imagine you have all of us standing next to you. Let us be your concience! It's like your own personal cheer squad. Or, write a list, and stick to it. I heard some ladies just don't go down those aisles at all.

Ani - as if moving house for yourself wasn't enough, you help someone else do it days later!! You must be a good friend indeed. I hope you are taking care of your back. Also - I hope your mum will be ok. Is there any way you can get over there?

I am going well so far today. I met a friend at uni at 7.30 this morning to study for my accounting test at 9am. I think I passed, so thats ok. I'm off to work at 3, with some study and the dishes in between. Shake for brekkie, chicken and salad for lunch, so far so good. I have been slack on the water intake, and feeling it. I will increase that from zip to at least 2L again.

Keep it up girls! Up, up and away!

Kylie
Old 03-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #1626  

Oh Lindor, poor you. It's so easy to get down after a few "bad" days - but it really doesn't have to be the end of the world. Just think how long your life is - a few days is nothing! Get out and do some penitence walking instead of feeling guilty.

The other thing I thought after seeing your menu, maybe you could eat more for breakfast so you're not so hungry later? If I just have cereal in the morning I go crazy later on too.

It's hard, and I think this will be hard for all of us every day for the rest of our lives. All we can do is keep plodding...
Old 03-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #1627  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

So far so good today.

Had a couple of pieces of toast for brekky. 2 coffees and for an early lunch 1.5 ham sandwiches. the other .5 went to bubba lol. I know its an early lunch, but I work this afternoon and don't actually have a meal tonight. It's to late by the time I get home, so I eat more in the middle of day and just have grapes and a couple of crackers with cheese for my break around 6.30.

I've had the music up loud listening to collective soul and snow patrol cleaning the house. I figured if I can't get outside to walk I can shake my groove thang doing housework.

I was starving. Supposed to go shopping soon, but not feeling like it before work so will do on Sat instead.

All in all I feel ok today. Still yuk with this head cold but coping. Went for some bloods y/day 2 check on immuno status for when I enrol in nursing. Have to have flu shot and tetanus next week yukk.

ok must go. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and will post in tomorrow sometime. DH is home tomorrow and gets shirty if I'm on PC so I'll just lock myself in here. lol

Cheers all
VONNI
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #1628  
Katie

S/C/G: 94/94/54

Height: 166

Hi all!
I just got pointed to this thread, looks like you guys are a real support for each other
I'd love to join you all, I've just started (for the millonth time!) to lose weight and this time I want to be held accountable!!!

I'm a 20yo uni student, and I have about 40kg to lose, so I've got a way to go: but have my 21st in september as motivation,,,

anyway, look forward to meeting you all !!

kate
Old 03-29-2007, 03:53 AM   #1629  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Hello people, Yes it’s me still lurking in the background. Well, I am not really I have put up one or two posts but when it came to sticking them on the board it said I was not log in. And I lost it. So now I put it in the word pad and cut and copy.

Love this 7senuf, just my style. Why run when you can ride. Welcome Renny Sue you will see me here (sometimes) .Talking of hot cross buns one of my sons works next to the tip top bread and brought home a box full of seconds. I ate 4!!!!. HUH What the heck they were nice, but not enough raisins, no butter, and I worked them off at the gym today. Don’t do diet drinks, unless it’s mixed. LOL. mmmm maybe I should change my name to spider or some such. Just to make you think I am always around looking at you will those many eyes. Any way off to finish cooking dinner for all those kids that have just run off, to do what ever young ones do these days.@#%!& TEENAGERS!!!! But what can you do LOL
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 AM   #1630  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Back again, Thanks for being here. I was just about to help myself to fried up Chinese flavoured mutton flaps and potatoes. Gave them a pass, and having 150grm potatoes, salad and chicken breast.
Whew just as well you’s were on my mind LOL.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:53 AM   #1631  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Katie! These girls are a great support - there is plenty of experience and great advice, if ever you need it.

What are you up to when it comes to diet/exercise?

MaryL - good to see you again! Well Done on choosing the chicken! It's soooo hard to say no sometimes!

Vonni, I hope you are feeling better soon. Will your cold affect the outcome of the tests?

Me - I'm off to the gym to do a pump class and some Cardio, I didnt go on Tuesday coz I studied for that test. Although, the end of daylight savings has made it a little more difficult to get out of the house. It's so damn cold on my scooter, I get blown all over the road. But - I keep reminding myself that that is what I get for $4/week petrol. lol!

Oh! I forgot - I weighed myself today (for the **** of it) and I've now officially lost 10kg! woooooohoooooo!

Kylie
Old 03-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #1632  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

I've still been really good. I'm only supposed to eat every five hours which I have been sticking to. What kills me is after the gym, I am RAVENOUS and usually eat an apple. Its not stricly part of the SureSlim plan, but its better than starving.

I've all but given up the diet drinks, with at most, having two a day (and I would drink four or five cans a day at work, get home and have a two litre bottle or two) I haven't had withdrawels bad thankfully, so hopefully that's the can a day that's helping that. I'll cut it out completly in a month or two. I am drinking two litres of water a day too.

I've been going to the gym every day and doing at least half an hour of cardio. Every second day I've been doing weight, and did a pilates class on Tuesday night, which I'll continue doing. I know this is impossible, but my flexibility seems to have improved slightly after the class. I couldn't do the quad stretch before, wheras now I can (at an angle)

I know its only week one, but I'm quietly confident. I've stuck a picture of skydivers on my fridge and might ask my boss's permission to do that on the chip machine at work (that was my BIG downfall)
Old 03-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #1633  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you know that I am still around.

I am not achieving much this week in regard to diet and exercise, and I think I have written the whole week of now.

I am really disappointed in myself as I was well on my way to reaching my short term goal of being under 80kg by the end of this month, but with last week and this week, I have well and truly put an end to that. I am sure the scales will be up again on Monday.

I am away for the beginning of next week, I am sure that is going to throw my routine as well.

Ok, just quickly as I need to get to work...

Time2Shine! Welcome Look forward to hearing more of you as you go through your journey.

Kylie, well done on making the 10kg!!! You going to give yourself a little reward for that?

Renny Sue, good on you for cutting back the cans of diet drink! You should find you feel a lot better with the water intake too...despite the 3486 trips to the toilet at night!! Look at that as being part of you exercise routine!

I know I have missed replies, sorry, but I gotta run!

And I got a wagon to find too

Have a good day ladies
Old 03-29-2007, 07:54 PM   #1634  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Just checking in! Welcome to the new women here, looking forward to getting to know you better and share this journey with you.

I'm back on track (mostly), trying to adjust to a new routine and still unpacking boxes! It didn't help that this house I have just moved into was really dirty - so I've had to clean two houses in a week or so.

I walked for an hour yesterday morning and stuck to around 1600 calories. I haven't been drinking enough water this week (it has been cold here), so I need to improve that.

My mum has back surgery today - so I'm a little preoccupied about that, but hopefully all will be OK. I would feel a lot better if she was younger, but the Dr assures her that she's a robust 84-year-old (which I knew anyway), and this will improve the quality of her life. So fingers crossed.

Lindor what are we going to do with you? Why are you self-sabotaging when you are so close to the 70's?

There was a booklet in the mail yesterday about local recreational facilities. I'm going to check out the local aquatic centre and maybe sign up for Pilates too.

Hope everyone is OK and racing to grab that wagon!

Ani
Old 03-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #1635  

There are some great Pilates videos too - I'm too unco to go to classes - I did it last year and felt such a spaz, but I love doing it at home. I got the Winsor Pilates videos on ebay and I LOVE them!
Closed Thread