Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #1681  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Woohoo, lost another .65kg and this was only after five days, not a full week!

I also officially hate Easter. Damn chocolate and their gooy goodness!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:13 AM   #1682  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Renny Sue that's great . I suspect I'll have a gain this week, but I'm not going to stress about it… it's just one week in a long journey!

I went for a walk with a friend of mine this morning, and it was 1hr 40 minutes. We barely noticed because I found this beautiful spot along the river, and we were too busy looking around to notice the time. My body is feeling it now though.

Tomorrow I'm going on a beach walk - that will be fun too.

Hope everyone is having a great Easter Friday. My mum is still in hospital in NSW, but is recovering from back surgery really well.

OK - I'm off to prune a few trees.

Ani
Old 04-06-2007, 04:34 AM   #1683  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Oh My Gosh not a good start to the weekend food wise. Started this morn with 2 eggs on dried toast. Then......... Hubby came in with fried chicken.....That chicken thigh was really nice!!!! Skin and all lol. Brrrrup. Later had to pick up some grand children a take them out to stay with another son at the beach!!!! MMMM ICE CREAM. (did get a single cone.) Goody Goody Gum Drops a mix of ice cream and lollies. No exercise, came home and slept most of the afternoon. A few beers watching the football, blues and south africa. MAN!!! I really am going to have to look for an open gym tomorrow.But today I thought to **** with it!!! IT's been a hard week and this is the first day of the school holidays (which I am lucky enough to have off work) AND that's my day, will try very hard not to repeat it. Good idea jumping off a brigde, but I think I will keep my feet on the ground. I get scared just standing on a chair. I would love to come to Aussie again, was there many years ago. Just did the Kings Cross and Sydney tour and went up to New Castle to stay with a friend for a while.BUt I would really like to take Hubby to the outback and ride a camel. And to do that some time before he gets too old and I have to push him in a wheelchair LOL
Have a Great Day tomorrow people, and stay away from the eggs.
I don't have much of a problem with sweet things, not a sweet person. (Ask my kids) Mary
Old 04-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #1684  

Mary I wouldn't give yourself a hard time about one day… we're all allowed to have days like that from time to time.

I've been pretty good with food and exercise today, but it is a lot easier when you don't have family stuff on over the Easter break. My closest friend gave me a box of chocolates before she jetted off to Germany the other day - and I intend to eat them all (not in one day ), and not feel slightly guilty about it.

Lindor where are you? I hope you're not spending all of Easter beating everyone at on-line Scrabble .

Hmmm… riding camels in the outback, hot air ballooning - I want to do everything now! White-water rafting in Bali, followed by an all-day pampering session: you know the ones where you lie in a bath full of rose petals, then get warm oil poured all over you, and a full-bodied massage…

Ahhhhhh…

Ani
Old 04-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #1685  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

I'm here...lurking, as I tend to do when I am not being good with the food! Not going to whinge though, nor am I going to lie and say all is good

I've also done something to my back...have been in a good deal of pain the last couple of days. I think it is just muscular and from sitting for too long at a PC while I was away. So I am also not getting much done in the way of exercise.

Looks like this week is another write off! I can feel the kgs going on and I know the scales will show it again on Monday. I need to get myself back on track.

I have not got any plans for the long weekend...just as well with my back the way it is

So scrabble looks like a plan...and reading when sitting up gets too much!

But now...I am looking at some pain relief and my bed.

And Ani, great to hear your Mum is doing well
Old 04-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #1686  
Bringing Sexy Back!

I've had a ****ing horrible day today. Not only did I eat **** (chocolate eggs, Red Rooster) but I have two friends over and $50 and both my mother and I iPod's are stolen. I'm sitting here at my computer sobbing as this girl who took it (the other one had no bag, and emptied out her pockets for me) I considered one of my closest friends. Its the first time she's been at my house and her excuse she's never stolen from me before dosen't hold water.

I'm going to Domayne tomorrow and getting the intrest free deal, as I feel terrible about my mum's iPod. Why should she have to suffer because I put my trust in the wrong people.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #1687  

Rennie Sue is there any way you can contact your *friend* and tell her that IF the iPods are returned by tonight you won't go to the police and report it - otherwise you'll be filing a complaint? I'm not sure I would let them get away with that.

It's very hurtful when friends do things like this to you - and in some ways it's the betrayal of friendship that hurts more than what was stolen.

Lindor, what's going on mate? I jumped on the scales yesterday morning and was quite horrified - but it gave me a wake up call. I went for a really long walk, and have been for another one today - because I can't stand the thought of undoing the good work I've done. Yesterday afternoon I sat down and wrote a long list of things that I like about the weight I have lost - and of some of the things I want to achieve over the next six months.

I like being healthier and a little bit smaller. I like it that my clothes are looser, and that people are starting to notice. One of the things I like the best is the amount of energy I've got now that I walk regularly, and the really obvious benefits to my health.

If I have noticed this much difference in 16-odd kilos, I can only imagine how I will feel when the next 16 come off.

But I've also learned a few hard lessons this week - mostly that I haven't learned enough, made enough changes and embraced them to be confident I can keep the weight off when I lose it. I think that's iimportant to know now - so I can start to make more changes, and start to believe in myself a little more.

I refuse to let this weight come back on - I simply refuse to allow that to happen. No point doing all this hard work if I'm gonna blow it and not be able to enjoy it.

What have you done to your back, and what are you doing to treat it?

I don't have any plans for the rest of today - I might clean the house, unpack some boxes, prune some trees … it's really humid here and heading for rain - and I'm in one of those moods where I'm not sure what I feel like doing. Blurk!

Ani
Old 04-07-2007, 01:44 AM   #1688  

Hi all,

Going to be a short one, it hurts to sit up for too long. Ha! It hurts to lay down for too long and it hurts to stand up for too long too!! I'm not sure what triggered this back pain, it could be one of a few things - sitting too long at work, the three hour drives for work earlier this week, even weight gain (!!!) could be responsible.

I am popping nurofen every four hours and applying heat - although neither seem to be doing much. If it is still this bad come Tuesday I'll get it looked at.

Not sure what is going on with my diet just now. If it is food, it is in my mouth!! Yet I coped well while I was away for those few days. Maybe it is just boredom at home? I don't know...but what I do know is it has to stop!

I am the same as you Ani, I am holding on by my fingernails because I don't want to see the 30kg I have lost climb back on. But I'd love to see these last 15kg come off. But something is stopping me from making it happen and I don't know what it is.

Renny Sue, I agree with Ani. Confront this person and tell her you will involve the police. What went missing is worth a good deal of money. If it was a stranger who took it you'd have the police involved already. You are giving the friendship a chance by giving her the chance to return this stuff without the police...and maybe she'll appreciate you a little more by giving her that chance. It's an icky situation, I hope it works out for you.

I gotta move again, I'm starting to hurt.

Have a good Saturday afternoon ladies.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:51 AM   #1689  

Hey Lindor, has it occurred to you that you may just have hit a plateau? I think it's very possible, and if that's the case you might just need to change something small to get the weight loss going again.

Look after that back! Have you tried doing stretches? If it's muscular, they'll help (as will the Nurofen and heat). Mind you, if there's some inflammation there, maybe it would be worth trying icepacks instead - sometimes heat will aggravate an inflammation.

Oh who knows? Don't listen to me… I'm having my own back saga this arvo, and am trying hard to avoid taking drugs!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #1690  
Bringing Sexy Back!

I have filed a report with the police. There's "no proof" so we can't do anything. The police are ****ed.

The friendship is well and truly over. Even if she returns them, I don't want a bar of her. I bought new iPods today (thank God for Harvey Norman's 20mth intrest free) because I need my iPod and why should my mum suffer because my friend is a theiving *****?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #1691  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

OK a few things....

Sux about yr ipods rennysue. Do you have insurance? If so check the clause to see if it will cover. But some don't if there was no forced entry and the person was there with your condent. I had a *friend* take about $100 off me a couple years ago. I couldnt prove it but I KNEW how much I had in wallet and I ducked next door to the school to pick kids up for 5 minutes. I thought she was trustworthy. Just goes to show....... I'd let your friend who was innocent know that it'd be nice if they were plopped into yr letterbox or left on yr doorstep overnight.

Ok Mary yr funny. I had a good chuckle at yr post after my stressful work day.

Lindor, if you feel yr tailbone with 3 fingers (I know some of us find it hard to find under the extra flesh but it is there. lol) then move up about 3 inches then off to the left side of yr spine about an inch and half and press firmly for a minute then rotate fingers slowly without sliding over the skin (more like trying to massage yr bone) Sry hard to explain without showing. You should be feeling sort of between boney sections rather than on yr bone. Could help. Is it a dull ache or sharp pain? Or try gently rotating yr hips while standing. Forget the nurofen so much (naughty only supposed to be 6 hourly and not for more than 48hrs), or alternate it with panadol. It is quite safe to do that as it is 2 different substances. I know you can take the N say at 12noon then take P at 3pm and N again at 6pm (example time of cause) Learnt this by experience with sever pain and mnay visits to Dr and Hospital.

Ani great to hear yr mum doing well. Question... Would it be just as beneficial to have a leisurely long walk as to have a 'normal' walk for half hour?

Gotta go. Think other half is getting cranky or impatient. I was making a tea an hour ago but been sitting here laughing.

You all have a wonderful day tomorrow. And if you don't celebrate easter have a nice day anyway.

Talk later
Vonni xxx
Old 04-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #1692  

I don't think it's a plateau. Not when I can lose weight when I do the right thing and gain when I do it all wrong. I am just making a mess of things just now, when what I really need is to give myself a huge beating and get myself back on track. I feel so fat at the moment and it is getting me down...which starts that vicious cycle!

As usual, I start each day on the right track, but I lose it by the end of the day. And exercising with my back as it is, is impossible. It is all I can do to get up from this seat to walk!

And to cap that off, I believe I have a sore throat in the making this evening too.

I feel yuck!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:47 AM   #1693  
Bringing Sexy Back!

Well I've been emotional eating all weekend. It stops now. That ***** has stuffed up enough for me, she's NOT stopping this!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #1694  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

I am with you Renny Sue, diet seems to have gone out the window this weekend. Feeling a bit down I think, Sooo I am going to do some retail therpy and go shopping for the easter sales. Next time you this person, do what I would. And take her out the back and give her the bash!!!!! Won't get your ipods back but you will feel better,
Have a great day people!!!!! Be good or least try
Old 04-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #1695  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Good morning everyone. Are we having weigh-ins today? Or did the Easter Bunny bring too much chocolate. lol. How was everyones weekend? I hope you all had a lovely time.

I got a bunny but I have been good and only eaten his ears and back of his head. Prob be gone by tonight though. The sooner its outta here the better. Then I just don't buy any junk to come into the house.

We had a wonderful Easter day. My DH family came up for a visit and we had simple BBQ lunch and spent several hours catching up with his brother whome we haven't seen in just over a year.

Then A friend whom I love dearly and haven't seen since b4 christmas came for a visit. She moved away mid year when her BF got a job offer and I miss her so much. She wants to come home because she is lonely and misses her mum and friends. Makes me cry thinking about her being unhappy. I am going to try saving to go visit her soon (6 hours drive).

I weighed in this morn and pleased to report that I have lost another kilo. FINALLY. I have been hovering around this weight for far too long.

I am going to visit my sister in 2 weeks and I have a pair of jeans that I can get on now, but would like them to be a little more comfortable and not have to hold my breath while walking.

Am off to tidy my PC room now. Hope you all have a wonderful day
Love VONNI xxx
Closed Thread