Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Dang, I thought I got on here yesterday, but apparently not. Saturday's WI left me the same, ticker's still correct. Better than a gain! I had a little bit of chocolate yesterday that was over my points, but it wasn't too much. I expect to behave today- veggie burgers are planned for dinner, and planning has been a battle lately, so it should be OK.

Liz, congrats on the -4 lbs!! Woo hoo! And wtg on nixing the Chinese. Hope you got some exercise in yesterday!

Arabella, yay for day 6! How did day 7 go? Congrats on committing to 6 more months of WW! Seriously, 2 lbs a week doesn't seem too much to ask, does it?! And yes, now that the thread is hopping again, we have to watch the post count - we'll need a new thread before they shut us down around 500!

Carrie, -2.5 lbs in less than a week is awesome! Congrats! How'd you do with going out for breakfast? We did that on Saturday, but Saturdays are my WI days, and then I always have a little splurge. Keeps the metabolism guessing. At least that's my theory... And yes, I did get into Onederland a while back, then Christmas sent me back out. I've managed to get back in, but haven't gotten further than I was before Christmas. The battle rages on...

Carri, that Wii does sound like a brilliant idea! We don't have one, of course, but it's something to think about. I've never bothered with any sort of video games since Pac-Man days, but one that gives you exercise seems awesome! How'd you make out at the crabshack?

OK, time to get busy... Have a great day everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #437  
It is what it is...

Morning All - I didnt do so well over the weekend with my eating...Saturday I had chinese and then at Joes Crab Shack yesterday I had my king crab legs, which were soooooooooo good, but had alot of drawn butter with them...so I am sure that was bad....but low carb, ha ha

Oh well back on the plan today...I didnt weigh in on Saturday because I didnt want to see the water I was holding from the chinese

Hope you all have a good one today.

Later,
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #438  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Hi all!

Auntie G- Breakfast was a bit of a disaster, but I'm back on track today. I use to take a "free day" in the week, so I guess that's what we'll call yesterday. I don't think that I went too far over, but with food that I don't make, it's always hard to tell. I didn't eat badly the rest of the day, so there's that.

Carri - Chinese food is so hard, the sodium kills me. I love crab legs. Yummy!

I am trying to stay on track today, I have to go to the grocery at some point because I am making an Irish dinner tomorrow night for St. Patrick's Day. I think that I'm going to try to find some better breakfast options while I'm there. I need something new. I like my Vita-tops, but they're not in stores and ordering them online is a luxury that I can't really afford right now. Tonight is salad bar night (a local place has a kids eat free promotion on Monday nights and they have a really great salad bar), then the gym. Hope everyone had a good weekend and is ready for a great week!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #439  

Ooh, I made it back to the computer again in the same day! I'm in between errands and I'm having a hard time staying on track today. I've already eaten 2 candy bars. Groan... I think I may have reached my stress limit and I'm losing my marbles now. Deep breath... OK, I'll do better. I just wanted to confess so that I don't pretend it never happened.

Carri, weekends are so much tougher, aren't they? If you behave during the week and splurge a bit on the weekends, I think that's still good. We still need to LIVE a little!

Carrie, oooh, breakfast out can be so tricky (but delicious!) And if you didn't go crazy the rest of the day, then it's all good! We have Vita-tops in a grocery store near me, so I looked up the website and it says they carry them at Kroger on State St in Greenfield. Not being in IN, I have no idea if that's in your vicinity or not, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Break's over, back to business now...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #440  

Thanks Auntie G! I'll go check that out tonight!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Auntie G - yummm...veggie burgers!! I need to put those on my menu. Sorry I had to lol about pretending it never happened with the chocolate bars...that's what I would do too.

Carrie - What are you making for your Irish dinner?

Carri - Good idea on not weighing, I always retain water....mostly because I eat too much sodium regularly! I need to really cut down on that.

Speaking of weighing, how often do you ladies weigh? I tend to weigh everyday, and the fluctuations drive me nuts!! Even though I don't know if I could stop anyways, it's a bit of a habit now.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #442  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Talking Top o' the mornin' to ye!

AND ... drumroll please... I've made it to Day 9. I was beginning to doubt that I could actually do this again but it seems I can.

No weight off this week yet but I've still got several days to get to Friday. Gonna do it!

Choir practice was good last night but, as so often happens, I couldn't get to sleep afterwards. I don't feel too bad, though, and have the will to go on. Yesterday afternoon I fought the fatigue munchies without letting them win.

and not brutally here today. I'm going to shower up and walk around the harbour on my way to sound yoga at noon. Tonight's tai chi.

Liz, I weigh in every morning and find it really helps to keep me on track. Yeah, it's frustrating when the weight doesn't come off the way we want but at least it can't sneak up on us that way. And you know how it likes to!

Auntie g, never mind a couple of candy bars! Some days are like that. Just look at the progress you've made!

Carri, yeah -- crab legs are definitely low carb -- and how much butter can they really hold? Not that much. Although, of course, I'll always take it as a personal challenge to see how much I can get on them.

Carrie, what are you cooking for Irish dinner? All I could think of was corned beef and cabbage. But I'm sure they eat other things...

Have a lovely and day!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #443  
It is what it is...

Happy St Patty's Day Girls !! My dh and I might go out tonight for a few hours but i dont know yet ...

Okay so I did really well yesterday, stayed within my calories but didnt end up exercising. I know I will have another good day today !!

Auntie G - you really make me want a candy bar Girlie, ha ha ...dont beat yourself up, just get back into the groove slowly, you have enough to deal with right now.

Arabella - yay!!! Day 9!! You are doing a great job!!! I am going to use you as my example and now try to go two weeks !!!

Liz - I only weigh in about once a week, usually every Saturday...if I did it often I would get discouraged, so once a week is good for me.

Carrie - I usually have a smart ones breakfast sandwhich or quesadilla for breakfast, I really like them...a little pricey but Kroger has them on sale alot.

Okay well better get back to work.

Talk to you all later,
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #444  

Hey ladies

Things are going well here, on plan for today. Everyone in my house is sick though which sucks!! I don't know what happened, but we all got attacked overnight or something!

Still not exercising...I don't know what I need to do to get motivated. Maybe I need to watch Biggest Loser or something, that's always good for a kick in the butt.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #445  

Hi everyone! I only have a minute, our Irish dinner menu is:

Corned Beef and carrots cooked in Guinness and brown sugar
Boxty (Irish potato pancakes) with horseradish sauce
Irish Soda Bread
Irish Jig Dessert

I've counted up all the points and starved all day so that I can eat tonight! As long as I stay out of the green beer I should be ok!

Hope that everyone is having a great day!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #446  

Thumbs up Day 10.

And almost spring! It's warmer than it has been here. I'm going to sneak out for a walk this afternoon. Yikes -- I'm still in my sweats. Perils of working from home... O/w, had a pretty good morning and am v. on track for success. I'd love to see a loss on the scale tomorrow.

Carri, did you and DH go out last night? If so, where? (so I can enjoy vicariously) I love going out but I really like to have some active part of the night, like dancing.

Carrie, that actually sounds quite delish! I was thinking of the corned beef and cabbage my mom used to make -- all boiled. Not bad, sometimes, but not very exciting.

Liz, hope everyone's feeling better!

Auntie g, how are things going there?

I've got a writing project to finish here so I'd best hop to it. Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-18-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #447  

Hi all! Well, this week is going downhill fast in the eating category. Today I got a break for the first time in over a month, and what did I do? Celebrated with chocolate. Now I feel sick. Bleccch!

Tomorrow's a new day...

Carrie, did you find the Vita-tops? I haven't bought them in a while since they are rather expensive, but the last time they were on a good sale at my grocery store, I did buy a ton of them. Mmmmm...

Liz, I hope your family is on the mend. And if you figure out the secret to getting yourself to exercise, let me know what it is! The best I ever get is walking, and that's mostly because of having a doggie daughter.

Arabella, 10 days and counting... good for you! It was a nice sunny day (in the 60's) here, too, and I should have gotten out for a real walk, but alas... Instead I went to the store and got a really bad dessert. I've just been so tired and weary from all that's been going on. I'll get back on track soon. I hope the scale cooperates for you tomorrow!

Carri, stay away from those candy bars! They are a gateway drug, leading to 2" high brownies smothered in caramel. Oops! JUST SAY NO!!! You've been on a roll now, stay on it! Oh, and how about that BL! I was rather impressed with the black team's WI after being at home, and I can't imagine doing that half marathon. Poor "what's her name", lost $10,000 because of one cookie. So sad, but I'm happy for "what's his name" that won it. Why can't I remember any of their names???

Have a great Thursday, everyone!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:43 AM   #448  

Thumbs up Day 11

But WHY in the name of all that's holy am I UP a pound today? I've been holding steady all week and thinking, okay, okay, eventually it'll go down. And it went the wrong freakin' way. Apparently I'm going to have to work harder. I'll be extra careful today and drink extra water. Have dinner early and go to tai chi tonight. And

Auntie g, it's supposed to get up to about 42F here today and we're all very excited. Fatigue is one of my worst problems with staying OP. I just don't have the focus and strength of will when I'm tired. And don't feel energetic enough to really want to do anything.

But you can always eat. That's what one of my cousins said when they brought a casserole after my dad died. She said she'd discovered that when her FIL died. And, oh dear, it was easy to see that she had.

If we can get to the point where we deal appropriately with our needs, we'll have this whole thing licked. You know -- rest when we're tired, do something amusing if we're bored, spend time with friends when we're lonely, get some stress relief when we're anxious, get some real comfort when we're sad. Maybe eat when we're hungry? It sounds so simple but it involves retraining a life-time of bad habits for me.

Let's give it a shot today, what say?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #449  

Very good advice, Arabella! Eat when we're hungry - what an idea! Imagine if we all learned that from the start. Well, I guess we wouldn't have "met", then. Hmmm...

Well, I certainly hope that you just had a temporary water bump up this morning, and that tomorrow is a fabulous WI!

Off to work. Have a good one!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #450  

Hey ladies!

We're all feeling better here....yay! Luckily I didn't want to eat too much while sick, so that's good. I'm going to a maple syrup festival today...read lots of pancakes and sausages! I've planned out a few pancakes and a couple of sausages...I think it'll be OK.

Hope everybody has a great day!