Old 12-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Carri, sorry you got sick for Christmas. At least you got some weight loss out of it! I know, not the best way, but we have to always look for the silver lining. Will your family get together another time to make up for the messy Christmas? Maybe a nice New Year's party? Well, I hope you're all recovered now, and if you're back on the wagon, then YAY for you!!!

I feel so incredibly bad from all this bad eating. Why don't I ever learn that lesson? I haven't gotten on the scale, but I swear I've gained 10 lbs in the last couple weeks. Santa did bring me a new pedometer, so on the first I will get back on track and start walking, too! It makes it so much more fun having a new toy.

I'm back to work tomorrow, and not happy about it. I used to have off the whole week between Christmas and New Year's, but alas, things have changed. But at least at work I won't be picking at chocolate all day long. (Looking for that silver lining...)

Have a happy Tuesday, girls!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #347  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...I took a turn for the worse on Monday so had to leave work and was out again yesterday, am back today but still feeling pretty crappy, the cold seems to have settled into my chest and face ( sinus I guess ), I started taking Mucinex yesterday so that should clear me up, always works wonders for me.

Was down another pound yesterday, I dont think it is so much that I am dieting as I am just cutting back from eating like an oinker, ha ha ...I am excited to start the new year and get back into the weightloss and get under 200 for good !!!!!

Auntie G - I know how you feel, before the cold and losing some I was up 12 pounds from Thanksgiving, 12!! Seems crazy, but I know for some of us it can come on really quickly...dont let it bother you, we are back on track very very soon!!!!

So to all of you "Happy New Year !!!!! " And it is going to be a great one for our weightloss !!!

Talk later.
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #348  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well, I haven't exactly gotten ON the wagon yet, but I've almost caught up with it. I had some leftover pizza today from last night, and I promised DH I'd make some fancy pancakes for dinner tomorrow, so Saturday will be my official first day back on track. I am totally scared to weigh in, it's not gonna be pretty. But alas, it is what it is...

Carri, hope you're improving. Mucinex does work wonders, doesn't it? And yeah, that weight does come back on fast when I'm misbehaving. One bad day a week seems to work fine, but the whole holiday season is a little much badness. Oh, good grief, maybe I shouldn't make fudge next Christmas!

Time for the clean slate re-start... Let's do this thing!!!

Happy Friday!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #349  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Question Started out not too badly...

Now, if I can just figure out where I started going to heck in a handcart? I was off and on for a while. Maybe I wasn't actually totally off the rails for that long but it caught up with me. I kept weighing myself every day and my weight would be just up a couple pounds from tracker. But then I kept it up and now it's more like SIX up from tracker. I'm hoping they aren't all permanent.

I'm back on track as of yesterday and feeling like I'm ready to take a good run at this thing, do WW properly. I'm fairly certain that'll work.

Auntie, yeah, it is what it is. And on we go from here. You're right -- the darn fluffies just yell "YeeeHAW" and pile onto us. But we'll shake 'em again.

Carri, sorry you were sick for Christmas! Not the nicest way to lose weight at all. Hope you get a chance to feel festive once you're feeling better -- without the foodfest, of course.

K, Dollies, have a fabulous weekend. We're going to this year!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #350  

Official "face the music" day... Drum roll, please... In the past 3 weeks, I have set myself back 3 months with a gain of 9 lbs!!! Now I know they are not all "real" ones, as I am PMSing, but really. Nine lbs in 3 weeks? Cursed fudge. And cookies. And candy. And meatballs. And fancy little wrapped cheeses. Ugh! Back out of onederland (until next week!)

But it feels really good to be back "on" now. Today I'm breaking out my new pedometer and hitting the pavement. For real, not just in my head- LOL!

Arabella, good for you for continuing to check in with the scale. I did not, and see how much worse off I am! But here we are with a nice fresh start, so let's do it to it!

Have a great (and HEALTHY) weekend!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #351  

Thumbs up We're back, Baby!

It feels so good to get a couple of good days in. Still at 210 this a.m. but scale must yield to good behaviour. I've gotten my 10,000 steps four days in a row now and every day this year so far.

It was a very stressful "holiday" -- ended up working every day but Christmas day itself. No good

Auntie, congrats for weighing in today! You will prevail, for sure. That's why I WI every day. Because so many times in my life I've not weighed in when I knew it was not going to be pretty and that was the slippery slope that led me to a 30, 40, 60 pound gain before I stepped up to the scale again. OMG. I will never do that again. Now just to finish getting this off.

Have a fabulous day, Lovelies!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #352  

Thumbs up Fresh Start Monday!

Ok, things are a little saner. I had a good day yesterday. Saturday I had treats at a couple of parties. Thank the gods THOSE are over with. 210 this a.m. Let's see where I can get to by Friday WI.

I seem to have caught DH's cold but I'm diligently taking zinc lozenges so I hope it doesn't get too bad or last too long. Just what I needed!

I've got in over 11k steps already and done yoga. Now the plan is to try and get some extra rest throughout the day today. I think I'll skip choir practice tonight in preference for an early night Hmmm... I could go back to bed right now.

But -- whatever's going on, let's take this day and do our level best with it!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #353  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...start of D day huh? ha ha ...I am making little steps this week to not start of drastic and make myself sick...I am excited to get it started and move on...now as for the weight gain I am almost to embarrassed to say but I gained 11 pounds from it all...but moving forward!!!

Lets make 2009 a great year !!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #354  

Hi girls! Oh yes, it feels good to be back on the wagon! It took a couple days to figure out my new pedometer, but I think I finally got it today. It kept resetting itself in the afternoon, which was really annoying, to say the least. Well I broke down and read the instructions, and it seems it has a clock that I didn't set, that thought it was the next day. So... we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Arabella, you're kicking butt with your steps! How on earth did you get to 11k so early in the morning? I'm hoping to get to 10k by the end of the day.

Carri, baby steps are better than no steps at all! Moving forward is the only way to go now. New year, better habits. We WILL succeed this year!!!

Have a great Tuesday!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:29 AM   #355  

Ugh. Faltered yesterday -- I've got a horrible cold and had job stress and... first binge of the year. Ok. Well, I know it's often hard to get going but I'm going to give it my all today and be prepared for all eventualities. CANNOT let work stress get me. It's the worst. Yesterday it combined with being sick, which often gets me too.

My weight this morning was up an ADDITIONAL 3+ pounds. Insane. Today I feel sick but better, energy and mentally-wise so I'm going to be okay.

I'm going to WW on Friday whatever happens, yes I am.

Carri, we're all in the same boat. Let's get rid of some of this ballast, hey?

Auntie g, my pedometer ticks over at noon. I accidentally set it that way last time I updated. And then I decided that I liked it that way. I can get in a start on the next day in the afternoon/evening and I don't find myself behind at the end of the day and lacking energy/will to get my steps in.

K, Dollies, let's make this a good one, no matter what!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #356  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...well good news, I was able to stick to my plan yesterday I wanted to stay around 1800 calories for the first few days but was at about 1900 so I will take that as a success, especially since I had a king size Twix candy bar on my table all night staring at me

Auntie G - Biggest Loser starts back tonight, I am so excited...some of these people are much larger than the past shows...that one kid is 450 I think...be interesting to see how fast he loses it.

Arabella - Dont worry about the extra 3 pounds, you can get that back off easy enough...sorry to hear you have a bad cold, I had it over Christmas as I told you guys, some of it is still hanging on in my chest...hope you feel better soon.

Mez - How are ya? Hope all is okay.

Well my nose is running like crazy today at work, they pulled up carpet that was like 20 years old and replaced it last night, lot of dust and crap in the air...but the floor looks better. Well talk to you all soon!!

Have a great day! WE CAN DO THIS !!!!

Carri
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #357  

Woohoo! Another day on the wagon! The weather is crappy and I haven't got to go out walking, but at least I'm eating right. We're supposed to have an ice situation into tomorrow, and that's just not good walking weather.

Arabella, hang in there! Being sick and stressed is not a good combo, but you get so much walking in, that's gotta help. I think I like your pedometer timer setting! Finishing your day early while you still have the oomph seems like a mighty good idea. I'm still trying to master wearing the thing all day, and not succeeding yet, but I will be pondering this...

Carri, yay, you're back on track! I can't wait for BL tonight! I was just reading a "Where are they now?" article about some of the past contestants, and it got me excited for the new season. It was very interesting to see that some have maintained their losses, many have gained a little back, and some have gained a lot back. Real life sets in... Maybe we're all better off doing it this way, and not on TV!!!

To a good Wednesday for all!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #358  
It is what it is...

Morning...I had another OP day yesterday which was good...I still stayed around 1900 cals so today going to try and drop to 1800 or below, doing this gradually so my body doesnt freak out on me , ha ha

Auntie G - so lets talk B Loser...I was so MAD last night that they made 9 contestants go home, I think that sucked...they couldnt even enjoy their weightloss...geez...I feel like complaining to NBC or someone, not that it would do any good I guess...I felt so bad that the older man fainted in the first few mins, poor thing...of course they all had great losses, which I could lose 10-15 in a week!!! ...would get me into Onederland in no time!

Hi to Arabella and Mez !!!

Brought my lunch to work today so I wont be tempted to go out, really need to go to the store tonight for more food supplied but dont know if I can deal with it tonight, it is cold and icey, just want to go home and get warm and relax. Talk to you all later, have a good OP day !!

Carri
Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #359  

Another good eating, but no walking day. Something's better than nothing!

Carri, oh wow, the BL was crazy! I was really mad about the nine going home, too! I'm sure it'll all work out in the end, and they may actually do better because they each don't want to let their partners down, but still... They thought they were doing this together. I guess the producers would argue that they still are doing it together, just not physically, but .

Anyway, I think this is going to be a great season. I heard somewhere, before it started, that it was going to be a kinder season, and it does seem that way already. There are many more likable people than last time, for sure! So far I'm rooting for the young boy, the biggest contestant ever. Oh, the life change that's coming for him! And it was terrible seeing the old guy pass out, but I kept telling myself he's going to be ok, or they wouldn't have left it in the show. At least that's what I was hoping! This is gonna be a good one. Let's get inspired!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #360  
It is what it is...

Hi All ...another OP day for me yesterday...I am really proud of myself for sticking to it even though I am hungry and not feeling well from it...I know I will be feeling well once my body adjusts so that keeps me going. Plus my dh is eating better too so that helps.

I have to take my car in today for new brake pads and possibly rotors, which is going to cost me....and an oil change...well what are ya gonna do I guess...has to be done to keep me safe...plus the brakes squealing everytime I stop is annoying me greatly, ha ha

Auntie G - Yes, BL inspires me so much, wish it was on twice a week...I agree with you, so much more likeable people, I guess they heard our complaints about last seasons snots, ha ha ...I cannot wait either to see how the 19 yo is going to do, I bet he will be losing like crazy...I am happy for him because he is in bad shape.

Well hope you all have a good day !!
Later,
Carri