Old 11-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #286  
It is what it is...

Morning

Well girls I am not back to perfect but am working on it, cutting back...I figure I probably wont be completely back on until after Thanksgiving, so I am maybe just trying to maintain...

MEZ CONGRATS!!!!! I am SO proud of you !!!!!!!!!

Auntie G - we need a good kick in the rear I guess, the holidays always get me,,, always !!

Arabella - sorry to feel you have been kind of sick for a while, hope you get back to your old self soon !!!

Okay back to work I guess...I had poptarts for breakfast so I am not feeling real well...

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Yay, it's the weekend! I didn't do too bad today. Only had ONE Hershey Kiss! I'm feeling terrible though. I'm a little stomach-achey now, and bloaty, and all around icky. I may be coming down with something, or maybe I just didn't drink enough water this week. I don't know, but I don't like it! I have no cheating plans for the weekend, and I am determined to behave through Wednesday!!!

Arabella, ah, the switch to heavy clothes for weigh-in stinks, doesn't it? I remember when I was going to WW 3 years ago, I stayed in shorts as long as I could, well past when I should have switched. It was funny, though, because a lot of people were doing that. We were all freezing our butts off just to save a pound or two. But now that you've made the transition, next week will be better. And you've already had your Thanksgiving, so you should be good to go! I think I am taking next week off from WI, cause I know it will be bad, and I don't want to set myself up with a reason to throw in the towel.

I've finally finished the calendars, and now I just have to wait for them to come in the mail. I hope they look good, I know they took an awful lot of work, and the Moms should appreciate that, I would think.

Carri, Yep, a nice butt-kicking may be in order. I'm really going to try to behave until Thanksgiving, but I am absolutely doing damage on the day! I really think that that's ok, though, as long as the one day doesn't lead to more bad days. Oh yeah, and Black Friday breakfast, too, of course. But that's it until Christmas! In any event, maintaining is better than gaining, so hang in there! We'll get past the holidays and we'll get to our goals! Oh, and stay away from those PopTarts! Have you tried the new Fiber One ones? I haven't, because PopTarts don't do anything for me, but if you're into that sort of thing, I'd give them a shot!

OK, girls, let's have a good weekend!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #288  

Groan... today's weigh-in was less than ideal. I'm up a half lb, which is not surprising, but still annoying. New game plan for this week is to jam on it now, and WI on Wednesday instead of Saturday. That's probably better than skipping the week entirely, I think.

OK, back to business. We've got to move it, move it!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #289  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Saturday!

The party didn't work out perfectly last night -- nothing but unhealthy stuff to eat but for the carrot sticks and hummus I brought. And it was at dinner time, no chance to eat beforehand. Nevertheless, in that situation again, I'd make time to have a healthy bowl of soup or something before I went.

Anyway, I didn't eat very much and we danced a lot so it probably will work out okay. We're going to dinner at the house of friends tonight but thankfully they mostly always serve healthy and lightish meals.

Still sick and tired. I'm going to walk over to tai chi class and back, about 40 minutes on top of the class itself and I'll call that exercise for the day. I don't think pushing myself to do the full Monty would be helpful.

I woke up at 4:30 because there was thunder and lightning along with a snowstorm. Pretty wild!

Carri, pop tarts don't do it for me either. DGS simply can't believe it: "Have you ever TRIED them?" he asks, pulling my favorite trick. I like to quote from Green Eggs and Ham:

You do not like them, so you say.
But TRY them, TRY them and you MAY!
Try them and you may I say!

He doesn't understand the difference in trying -- say -- asparagus to see if you like it versus trying pop tarts to see if you like them.

On the other hand, there's an upscale version called toaster strudels that I have to admit are good. Don't keep those around!

Auntie g, I have to say that sounds a bit like what this started off with -- unless, of course, it's two unrelated illnesses that I just got back to back.

Sheesh, a half-pound is pretty much neither here nor there although, of course we'd rather see it in the other direction. But you've been doing so well, just smokin'!

Ah yeah, I'm with you -- let's get back to work. I know where I'd be come January if I let it slide now. :shocksno:

K, just about time for me to slap on my happy face and get out the door. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody shows up today but I guess if that happens I'll stay and do a set, do the exercises and come home.

Have a fabulous Saturday, Goilies!

Last edited by Arabella; 11-22-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Got a bug... so been laying down. Stayed the same this week. Well if you consider last Monday I'm down but I had to put my Weight in Wed. When I hit onelander. So it's good still the same since Wed.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #291  

Hi girls! Well, it seems like everyone's been having some little health issues lately. I seem to have recovered from the stomach thing, and I have been soooo good this week (so far!) I'm going to weigh in on Thursday morning, not Wednesday, and that will be official for this week, whether I like it or not.

Arabella, sounds like you did the best you could with the party, and I'm sure it'll be fine. Dancing is great exercise! So... thunder, lightning and snow?! Wow! I think I've only seen that once in my life. Pretty crazy! It's warmed up a bit here since the weekend, and we're supposed to be in the 40's for the next few days, so that will be good for Black Friday shopping. It's pretty rough sometimes, standing outside in the middle of the night, waiting for stores to open.

Mez, sorry you got the bug, too, but yay! for staying in Onederland through the week!

Carri, where ARE you???

I'm going to do some present wrapping tonight while watching The Biggest Loser. So much to do...

Have a good Wednesday, everyone!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #292  

Default Slowly recovering

I always seem to have colds for 10 days to 2 weeks. That's what they always used to say a cold lasted and I guess I'm just such a stickler that I still do it.

I've been doing pretty well, although not getting as much exercise. A couple of days I haven't even managed a walk. Yesterday I kept trying to get out but ended up working 12 hours and never getting away at all. No good! I walked this a.m. though and will consider it enough in my weakened state.

Mez, hope you're feeling better!

Auntie g, glad the weather's not going to be too brutal for your Black Friday extravaganza! It's getting milder again here too, thank goodness. I'm not ready for winter!

All right. Nose goes back to grindstone. (It's getting pointy.)

Let's take this day and make it work for us!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #293  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Girls

I am here Auntie G !! Just popping in and out I guess ( literally ha ha )...I am going to re-committ myself to eating right and losing after Thanksgiving, I admit I have been slacking for a few weeks now and need to get things back in order ( she says as she sits at desk eating chinese take out )

I hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving !!! I am making dinner for my dh and I and the in-laws...my dh is picking up the ham as we speak, he got off at noon and I have to stay until 5:00!!! But I do get both tomorrow and Friday off so I am thankful for that...

Since I wont be in here tomorrow I will go ahead and say what I am thankful for now

* I am thankful for my wonderful dh and family
* I am thankful for my health, my dh's and my families
* I am thankful that dh and I both have good jobs that afford us a good lifestyle
* and I am thankful that I met you girls and we are heading towards Onederland together ( some of us already there and waiting ).

Talk to you all soon!!!
Carri
Old 11-27-2008, 05:32 AM   #294  

So much for the early weigh-in. I stayed the same, which makes sense since that's always the way it is. I never see a drop until the weekend. But that's ok.

Arabella, hope you're recovering!

Carri, we'll be here for the post holiday re-commitment ceremony!

Have a very happy Thanksgiving, everyone! (And a dandy Thursday to our resident Canadian, too!)

Old 11-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #295  

Default I am so thankful for my lovely American friends!

Still ill here, a little worse again, in fact. I think because I walked yesterday and it ended up being into a cold wind (it was mild here but there's almost always a wind around the harbour and this time it was going the wrong way). Anyway, I'll look after myself and try to recover again. Glad to have today and tomorrow off. And wondering what I can do if that situation comes up again. Turn around and walk the other way, I guess, even if it means I have to part ways with DH.

Carri, Chinese take-out sounds good. So does TGiving dinner...

Auntie g, oh the beautiful holiday spirit, uniting friend and foe alike. Very cute!

Have a wonderful day, all, and let's meet here again on Friday!

Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #296  

Hellooooo, anybody home? Well, I ate entirely too much on Thursday and Friday. And today I'm cooking my turkey since it didn't thaw out fast enough, and we had Thanksgiving at my sister's anyway. So, I shall probably over-do it again today. Bad planning, I know, but right now I'm so tired and stressed out and cranky that I just can't do any better. I expect to start recovery on Monday, as the mashed potatoes and stuffing will still be here tomorrow.

Groan.......

Well, I hope everyone is doing great, whether on plan or not. We'll get there!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #297  

Thumbs up Saturday

Yo Auntie g -- you're already in Onederland. Check it!

Okay, I gotcha -- Onederland is not the end of the rainbow and we must keep going when we get there.

Hey, just have what you want and get it out of your system. What's the point if you're not enjoying it? Come Monday, clean eating might be starting to look good. And any damage done will be minor and temporary.

Hope your Black Friday was fun and productive.

Still feeling crudly. I walked over to tai chi and got through class this morning though. So that's good.

Now here I am coming to the end of November and not much closer to Onederland. However, I'm going to PUSH to get there this year. I've recommitted to healthy habits and I'm going to stay Core except for on Christmas and not go crazy then.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #298  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies...Thanksgiving went well and yes I ate WAY too much but it was all good...I think I am bloated out about 5-6 pounds, ha ha

Did anyone do alot of shopping this weekend? Auntie G? I just tried to stay away from the stores, I usually dont do any shopping until December hits anyhow...I said I was going to put my tree up yesterday but dh and I got too lazy ...so maybe tonight...it will not feel like Christmas until it is up

Arabella - sorry to hear you are still not feeling great, hope it gets better soon.

Have a good day, I am trying to cut back today and no soda...wish me luck...Talk to you all soon!

Carri
Old 12-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #299  

Hi girls! Oh, I was so delighted to have bran flakes this morning! I feel terrible from eating soooo bad for 4 days straight. So much for the one bad day theory, but hey, that's how it goes sometimes. I should feel much better in a few days. Lesson learned? Not likely. But as long as it's for a limited time...

Arabella, yeah, there's still a ways to go to get to the end of the rainbow... I hope you're feeling better by now! The fact that you still went to tai chi when you were feeling under the weather is definitely a good sign of your commitment. I hope December is good to you!

Carri, yep, I'm feeling that 5-6 lb bloat, too. Now we've only got to be good for 24 days. We should be able to do that, shouldn't we? Yes, I shopped my brains out over the whole 4 days. I am just about finished, except for those little oddball things that never quite get finished until the end. We were out the door by 2:30am on Friday, home in the middle for a "break" (yeah, ha ha!) and back out at 6pm til almost midnight. That is a long day of shopping, let me tell ya! Of course we didn't hit every store known to mankind, so we had to go back out each day.

I also got my tree up Saturday, but not without a mishap. The stand leaked all over the floor, so I had to go out and buy a new one. Well, now today's issue is that the tree doesn't seem to be sucking up any water, so I guess we're going to have to take it back out of the stand and cut another piece off the bottom. Haven't told DH yet, so I'm sure he'll be so happy when he gets home. So many complications... But now when I get annoyed, I try to remember that these are just minor setbacks, not life or death. So, it's all good.

Better get to the decorating. Stay away from the soda, Carri! Have a great day!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #300  

Default Ugh. Just finished a 12-hour day

And given that it was sitting on my couch with the laptop, I feel like a lump. I did walk over to the gym and do the circuits this morning and did a little yoga. But I need to get away from the computer more throughout the day and limit my working hours to 8. They don't pay me enough to give up my life to work.

Still feeling cruddy. Related? Hmmm... I'm going to do a little tidying and then take myself to bed. Maybe a good night's sleep will do it. Overwork just makes me feel like "What's the point?"

This has happened a bunch of times in the last few weeks. I WILL NOT do this again tomorrow. Ok, enough griping. (I think)

On the bright side, I've got three on track days down now. Had more salad than I needed for dinner but... it was salad.

Auntie g, hope your tree starts to behave for you! I'll have to get mine within the next couple of weeks. We're hosting our family Christmas party here on the 13th and DH's 60th birthday party's on the 16th. I'm trying to putter the house into shape by then, doing one neglected task a day. Which reminds me... I've got to a task to do yet...

Carri, bet the bloat will be gone soon! It's all those foods that we try to avoid most of the time that do it. A few days clean and you'll probably be right back where you were again.

K, chicklies, have a great evening. I'm officially out of here and will soon be