Old 03-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #451  
It is what it is...

Morning All ...I had been doing good all week but had a cheat dinner last night of some pizza and breadsticks...didnt even taste that great, but i was feeling low and wanted it...like Arabella said we need to get a handle on appropriately dealing with things, like feelings and depression.

Liz - glad to hear you are all feeling better, lots of stuff going around here at work, colds mainly, I hope to keep healthy.

Carrie - wow, that sounded like a good meal...how was it?

Arabella - No we didnt end up going out, we just stayed home, a few of our friends were out of town, one not feeling well, so we just hung out and relaxed.

Auntie G - Yes, I felt so bad for Tara about that one cookie holding her back..she did so well and beat that other guy...I did find it interesting that they showed Aubrey eating one but when they announced who ate she didnt have to reveal hers....hmmmmmm....

I am so sad today for Liam Neeson and his sons in the loss of Natasha Richardson, did you guys read about that? very sad, her sons are only 12 and 13 I think...head injuries are so scary.

Well have a good day all, I am going to exercise tonight and see if I can get some of the pizza bloat off, ha ha

Later,
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!

I have had a downright horrid couple of days. Monday night the lady that I have rented my house from for the last 3 years called and I have to be out by May 1! We’ve never had a lease, I’ve always just paid the payment and have put so much work into this house, and she called and just kind of dropped it on me. She gave me a story about her parents moving back, but none of it really makes any sense and I think that she may be trying to cover up some bigger issue. So, the kids and I will be looking for a new place in the same school district. I’m just so frustrated because we were hoping to live here until I could buy something (one of my kids has some massive medical bills that prevent that now), but here I am not going to be able to do that and it’s going to cost me money to move. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH! There’s nothing for rent in our school district right now, so I’m freaking out a bit.

So….thanks for letting me rant! I did fix our Irish dinner on Tuesday, and it was a success other than than the fact that my DBF made me a couple of Irish coffees that weren’t in the plan. I was a little uptight (see above) and so I was hoping that they weren’t too high calorie. The food was great though, and it was a nice evening. But it wasn’t an on plan day…

Yesterday I was doing well until the kids and I went on a “treasure hunt” looking for houses. We drove through about every neighborhood in the area with no luck. I was really frustrated and totally blew it eating dinner at (I have to even say this out loud) Long John Silver’s. It was a terrible idea, but I was so bummed out I didn’t even care. Like you all have been discussing, I didn’t deal with the right need in the right way. I guess if I knew how to do that I wouldn’t be battling my weight the way that I do.

So, as I have said before, today is a brand new day and I can only take it one day at a time and hope that it all works out.

Auntie G – I found them, thank you! They carry the chocolate, the corn, and the cranberry. The Meijer here use to carry the Blueberry Bran ones (my favorites), but they quit because they weren’t a big seller. The frozen food manager was not moved by my “but I LOVE them” whining, so I have boycotted that Meijer now! Not that it bothers him in the least, but it makes me feel better! Sorry to hear that you’re struggling too, hope that today goes better for you!

Liz - - Glad that you are all feeling better! A maple syrup festival? I didn’t even know there was such a thing! Hope you have fun!

Arabella – I’m going to give it a shot! Thanks for the great post! I’m sure that the pound is a glitch and that you’ll have a great weigh-in.

Carri - - Sounds like you are having the same struggle that I am. I also found that the food wasn’t that good and I actually felt worse after I ate. Yuck. The news about Natasha Richardson was so sad, just shows that we never know what the future holds. She was way too young for that.

Oh - - TBL - - I thought it was good that Cathy chose to go home, I’ve enjoyed the spirit of this season. I also thought that it was peculiar that only Helen had to reveal who she ate the cookie against. Maybe the other ones all evened out? I don't know.

This is way too long, sorry, guess I feel a little chatty today…have a great day everyone!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Carrie - I am so sorry you're under so much stress!! I hope you find something very soon....hugs! Don't beat yourself up about being off-plan...it happens to the best of us. Well we're all about maple syrup up here. lol Actually I hadn't been to one either before, it was really a pioneer village we visited and they put a special emphasis on how they used to collect the sap from the trees to make maple syrup. It was fun - a march break distraction for the kiddos - I have two nieces who loved it. My kid, slept through it. haha

Carri - Yeah that is so sad about Natasha Richardson! I feel for the family.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #454  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Day 12 and down a pound

Yup, temporary bump-up it was, and gone today. Huzzah! And I think I lost three pounds last week, so that evens out to on-track to meet goal, with a little margin for comfort. Hoping for a bigger loss again next week. And "hoping" will have to translate to "working" if I'm going to do it. My intention is to try and get some high-level aerobic exercise in most days. My friend the is helpful in that regard. I think I won't let myself watch BL unless I'm exercising at the same time. O/w, I just want to shoot myself for wasting time by the time it's over.

Auntie g, yes, our lives would have been much different if we'd learned that food was for when we were hungry right off the bat. I see my grandson chubbing up now and eating for something to do. I would hate to see him suffer the way I have!

Liz, glad everyone's feeling better! Just a little sticky from maple syrup, maybe.

Carrie, I'm so sorry you've got to move! I've done way more than my share of that and I know what a pain it is. But maybe you'll find a great new place that will work even better for you!

Ms. Satine, you know a cheat dinner in a good week is never going to hurt you. It's when you get things switched around the OTHER way that you get into trouble.

Ok, Wimmins, it's Friday! It's spring! Let's celebrate -- but not overcalorate.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #455  

"overcalorate" - - I love that!

Only have a minute, but I hope that everyone is doing well. Thanks for the well wishes!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Happy Saturday! I had a rough WI today, but it certainly was not a shocker, based on the damage I know I've done this week. But the good news is that I am feeling a little closer to normal today than I have in a long time, and I think I can get back on track now. Well, not now, but tomorrow... I am going to a birthday party today where it's not just cake to deal with, but lots of bad food. And since Saturday is traditionally my splurge day, I am going to give myself a break.

Liz, glad you're all recuperating. The maple syrup festival does sound interesting! I know when I went to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, everything we bought had something maple-y about it! Then again, as dumb tourists, I guess that's the type of stuff we were looking for. We bought stuffed moose mounties, too, but everything else was maple. Mmmm, I got the most delicious maple leaf shaped truffles there... Must stop thinking about them now!

Carri, did you manage to get rid of the pizza bloat? That's what I'm having today. I've been bad, bad, bad. Pizza 2 nights in a row - that and chocolate are my most favorite comfort foods. Bad... But, here we are with a new day, a new week, and I'm eating bran flakes as I type. There's still hope! I assumed on BL that whoever else ate cookies must have put them towards someone who wasn't in the running, and that's why they didn't reveal who they were for. We'll probably find out on the next show. Anything to drag it out longer...

Carrie, sorry to hear about your housing issue. I would guess that the landlord got into some financial trouble, and like you said, is trying to cover it up. But it will all work out somehow. You'll find something, and even though it IS a pain to move, the fun part is getting rid of some clutter and setting things up in a fresh new way. Oh, and your kids are adorable in their little football jerseys!

Arabella, congrats on the good WI! Exercising during BL sounds like a good idea. I've got one of those little trampolines in the garage - too bad I don't have a TV out there! I guess that's no excuse, though, I could do something in the living room. And I, too, love your word "overcalorate"!

OK, let's remember to think spring, cause summer and (eek!) summer clothes are just around the corner...

Have a good one!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:37 AM   #457  

Thumbs up Chugging along

Well, here it is Tuesday and Day 16. I've got to be very diligent to ensure a loss. I went a little overboard on Saturday. Had friends to dinner and used all my leftover points. But it was really just one meal and I got right back on track. I slipped and pulled a muscle in my back so I've got to exercise carefully, but I CAN exercise. Even if only steps.

I also want to save up some points to use on the weekend because DH and I are going away. I'm running my points Monday-Monday -- that way I can save points up in advance instead of using them at the first of the point week and having to scrounge to make them up later.

Auntie g, could you take your in out of the garage? I keep mine under the bed so I can lug it out to use. I think I need to find and record more entertaining TV though, to keep me happy while I'm hopping.

Carri, Carrie, Liz! How's everyone doing?

Let's take this day we've been given and make it work for us!

Old 03-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #458  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around, my sister had her baby so it's all excitement around here! She had a baby girl, of course she is very sweet.

Back to reality though! I'm going on a business trip the next couple of days, it's my first overnight away from my son, wow I'll be able to sleep! haha I've been on-plan but the scale isn't moving as much as it has been, that's to be expected though. I am determined to stay on plan for my mini-trip!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:47 AM   #459  

Default Day 17

This thing is getting easier. My worst problem has been afternoons, but I've been doing okay, not eating anything that'll get me into trouble. I had a snack when I wasn't hungry yesterday afternoon, though, and I'd like to cut that out.

I've got some kind of a bug. Is it too much to ask that I'd lose my appetite?

Liz, congrats on your new niece! Have a great trip -- and a blissful sleep.

Let's get out there and do this thing, wimmins!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:09 AM   #460  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Good morning all! I am having a dreadful eating week, with no signs of improving yet. Had I just splurged on Saturday, it would have been fine, but once it spills over to Sunday, I'm doomed for the week. I should really get a handle on that, but I haven't so far. So it's another week down the drain for me. I'll get back there, though, seriously...

Arabella, woo hoo for you! 17 days and counting... I hope your bug doesn't last long, particularly if it doesn't make you not want to eat - lol - I've never gotten that kind either! And I'll have to check and see if my trampoline would fit under the bed. That would be rather convenient, but there's really nowhere else to keep it inside the house, which is why it just sits in the garage collecting dust. Such a waste...

Liz, congrats on your baby niece! Hope your trip goes well and you succeed at staying OP. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it!

Have a great day, all!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #461  
It is what it is...

Evening All ...sorry I have been MIA for the last few days but over the weekend I got a horrid cold...and I have been miserable and off work ever since, missed Monday and Tues, went back today and only made it half day...however with all of the time I have taken off I got to go back tomorrow and sit there even if I am miserable...seems to be a head cold, all in my sinus'.
Oh well, so you can imagine that my eating has not been great, although I havent been eating alot because I cant taste or smell much, hahah

Sorry I cant do personal shout outs but I am getting ready to take my Nyquil and head off to bed.

Talk to you all soon.

Carri
Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #462  

Unhappy And the streak comes screeching to a halt

I totally lost it yesterday afternoon. One of those momentary impulses that I'd successfully been fending off for 17 days got me and led to an ugly binge. Ugly. Two hours before one of my favorite healthy dinners, which thankfully I didn't eat on top of all the other stuff. Yuck. Why, why, why do I do that when it makes me feel so crummy? Oh, yeah -- addictive behaviour.

Back OP. Goals are to:

Follow WW plan
Track everything
Get at least 10,000 steps a day
Do at least some yoga or tai chi.

I'm still feeling crappy and now more so because of the binge. But working on feeling better.

Auntie g, every day's a new day. Let's just keep trying till we manage to hang onto one.

Carrie, hope you're feeling better! I've got to work sick too -- no fun.

All right, women, let's try to wrangle the best day possible out of this one. Onward!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #463  

Hi everyone!

It's crazy busy right now, getting ready for our Spring Break trip, trying to find a house, and trying to get stuff sorted for our move. I only have a minute, but wanted to say hi and that I've done fairly well at staying on plan this week. I'm only weighing every other week, so I'll weigh in on Saturday morning before we leave and see what I've lost over the last 2 weeks.

Hope everyone who is sick is feeling better! It's going around, I had it too, yuck!

Get back at it Auntie G - - you can do it! Thanks for the comment on the kids' picture, they're bigger now, I should probably update the picture, but that is one of my favorite pics ever of them.

Arabella, just pick up today and move on, you had a great streak and you can do it again!

Liz - - congrats on the new niece, what did they name her?

I just ate a WW egg sandwich and am drinking my water for the day (I try to do that in the morning so I'm not up peeing all night) and it made me hungrier! It could be a long day...
Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #464  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... feeling a little bit better with my cold, not great but better

Okay it seems we are going to have to figure out something on this Carri and Carrie issue...since we are confusing them ...Carrie - what is your middle name? or maybe we call you by your user name?

Arabella - dont beat yourself up, you did so good for over two weeks!!! Do you know how long it has been since I have gone a straight two weeks being good? You did a great job, now just start over

Mom2 - I also eat those WW egg sandwhiches...I think they are pretty good and filling, I like the one with the ham the best, the quesadillas are also good.

Auntie G - You and I both need to get our butts in gear ...what is it going to take? haha

Okay gotta get back to work, talk to you guys later !! Do well today !!!

Carri
Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #465  

Thanks for the Sweeties. I'm feeling better and doing better.

I just realized that I actually said yesterday morning "This is getting easier." Talk about famous last words -- and things NOT to say.