Old 04-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #481  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ooops... crazy busy here because of going away last weekend and just general busy-ness on top of it. I've just held steady, so I'm going to have to get moving. I'll get back in tomorrow for a real post. It'll be Fresh Start Monday!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #482  
It is what it is...

Good Morning All, hope you all had a good weekend, I know I did, nice day on Saturday and then Sunday it rained all day, just stayed in on the couch and enjoyed it ...today it is about 35 degrees and snowy...odd for April in Indiana but okay...I did good over the weekend, I did have one cheat meal, so not horrible

I am only one pound away from my current weight in my signature line so that makes me feel good, ha ha

Arabella - good to hear from you...yes today is a new day for you !!!

Auntie G - yeah I am glad that I dont have a chocolate addiction, I should be fine over Easter, my dh's parents want to get together and eat but I figure I can do pretty well, if I do stay away from the sweets.

Have a good day !!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #483  

Thumbs up Fresh Start Monday with a bullet!

I got 14,000 steps in by noon (my pedometer clicks over to next day then), also did weights at the gym, yoga at home AND... drumroll, please... I started training for the 5k race. I did intervals -- ran more or less as fast as I could for as long as I could (although if a tiger was chasing me I probably could have gone farther and faster ) and then walked at a brisk pace until my breathing was back to normal and repeated for a couple kilometers. Supposedly that's the fastest way to increase speed/lung capacity/calorie burn. We'll see. Plus 14,000 steps a day qualifies as "very active" which has got to count for something. But I'm going to have to keep it in mind every day to make sure I squeeze them in.

Cold today but it's getting a little more springlike. I've got crocuses and snowdrops in bloom on the south side of the house and tulip and daffodil leaves...

Liz, I say you made it! You saw 229 on the scale, right? Huzzah!

Carri, yeah, I'd be very interested to hear about what and how much they eat on there. They really lose insane amounts of weight. I think that what's her name who had that brief blaze of glory last week must have done everything in her power to have the lowest weight possible (you know, diuretics, saunas, etc.) for her return to the show. And you know that stuff always rebounds on you. I'd also like to see a little more discussion when that kind of thing happens. Doesn't come from nowhere.

Auntie g, me neither on the keeping chocolate (or any other kinds of goodies) in the house. Just not safe. Even when I think I am. I couldn't begin to count the number of falls that I've had that came after pride: "This is getting easy," I say, and WHOMP!!! I'm liking the tracking with WW. You really can fit treats into it. But I do need to be extremely careful with "treats" because they can really knock me off the wagon. And it's so hard to catch that dang thing and get back on!

K, Chicklies, hope everyone's feeling invigorated. Let's do this!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #484  
rainy

I'm in onederland for just 5 pounds, yet I am...I used to think I was the only one slipping in and out of onederland, but here it seems I'm not alone.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Just another manic Monday... Well, day 2 has gone pretty well, with a very minor chocolate infraction. I was running around doing stuff all day and then I got attacked by a Cadbury Caramel egg. Not even my favorite, but it somehow got me anyway. At least it was alone and not in a gang.

Carri, LOL! Yep, I remember getting a new jumprope for my birthday when I turned 8 or 9, and I couldn't use it because it was snowing (my birthday is on Easter this year) - I was sooo mad! But the snow doesn't last long in April, at least. Congrats on having a respectable weekend!

Arabella, training for a 5k?! Whoa! You go, girl! I can't run. Just can't. Well, if I was being chased by a tiger, maybe. I think it may have something to do with , though. I'm actually planning on quitting next week, now that the price has gone up so dramatically, so we shall see... Maybe I'll be able to run, then. Run far, far away from the chocolate monster, yeah, that's it!

OK, have a great week, girls! Summer is just around the corner...
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #486  

Sorry, Rainy, didn't mean to miss you! Welcome aboard the train! Nope, you're not alone! I've been bouncing in and out of Onderland for a looong time, but always hoping that this time it'll stick. Good luck to you!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #487  

Default I'm late! I'm late!

DS' 31st today and I've got to shop and bake a cake (not going to eat any and will send leftovers home with the boy. Plus general grocery shopping, incl. prep for having our friends to dinner after the performance on Friday. And I really want to get to sound yoga at lunch Maybe biting off more than chewable...

Auntie g, a minor chocolate infraction is not even an infraction, IMO. Absolutely, those things typically gang up on one.

Rainy

Carri, Liz, Carrie,

Must fly. Let's make this a good one!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!!

Well yes it seems now I am firmly in the 220's...TOM arrived and brought a quick two pound weight loss. This morning 227.6, we'll see for Friday's official weigh-in! That might have to do with the fact also that I finally got off my lazy duff and did some work on the treadmill yesterday...I have no excuses, we have a treadmill and a bow-flex in my basement, and they sit and gather dust! Plus I even bought a little TV to keep me amused. Oh well keep on trucking!

Arabella - 14,000 steps?? That's awesome!!! I bow to you, woman!!

Rainy - Welcome!!

Yup, we have snow too, I couldn't believe it!! We were watching Milk last night (good movie, btw) and I was like "what's that white stuff??" lol as if I shouldn't know what it is living in Ontario! haha Soon gone I think though - it's supposed to be nice by the weekend I think.

Hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #489  
It is what it is...

Morning All ...how are you? I am good still holding strong and eating right I went to Don Pablos last night with some girlfriends but only had a couple of hard tacos and some chips ( very few ) and salsa, so I was proud that I withstood the temptation, because I wanted queso dip and a whole basket of chips, haha

Liz - so TOM made you lose a couple of pounds, wow, mine usually makes me up about 5 ...you are lucky ...great job on getting into the 220's...I am on the verge of getting into the 2-teens...

Arabella - 14k steps seems like so much, great job...and you have a 31 year old boy? seems impossible...

Hi Auntie G and Carrie ... have a good day everyone !!!

Later,
Carri
Old 04-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #490  

Carri - Yeah I always look forward to TOM because of it! lol Good job on resisting the temptation...I was at Kelsey's last week and they ordered 4 cheese spinach dip...my favourite....I didn't cave though!!

Well today's weigh in day, I'm down 4 lbs! YAY! We're having Easter dinner today instead of Sunday...so I'm going to work on staying in calories...I just went in and logged in the food I will probably eat, and between that and what I just had for breakfast, I can't eat anything else today!! I think I may have to rethink what I have for dinner.

Hope everybody has a great day.

Last edited by sept15lija; 04-10-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #491  
It is what it is...

Morning ...so yay me !!! I am finally the weight on my ticker again...haha ... 221 ...so close to those two-teens, I can feel it ... it will happen by next week for sure...I actually exercised yesterday too, went for a long with with dh...so I am sure that helped...getting off at noon today and so is dh but he is going over to a friends so I have all afternoon to myself...tv time...and for those of you who are my facebook friends, it will be facebook time, haha

Liz - I am still in shock that you lose over TOM, I have never heard of that being the case for anyone...you are lucky...CONGRATS on the 4 pds down, you are doing a GREAT job...you and I will be in Onederland before you know it!!!

Hi Arabellla and Auntie G ...hope everyone has a great OP weekend...

Later,
Carri
Old 04-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #492  
It is what it is...

oops, I thought my ticker was at 221 ...I guess I did change it higher to 224...so now I go in and change to 221 ...yay ... I have lost 8 pounds since 3/29
Old 04-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #493  

Carri - YAY isn't changing tickers fun?? I tend to hold on to weight the week or so before TOM, but once it arrives I shed it like crazy. I think I retain water before it and then it lets go. It's fun losing then but the week or week and a half before generally the scale doesn't move much, which isn't as much fun!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #494  

Hi all! Well, my week went downhill fast, and I'm not even trying over the weekend. So, Monday I shall start anew. Again.

Tomorrow we're driving 90 miles away for breakfast, so I am going to be bad. But then I'm hoping we find somewhere cool to walk, so maybe it'll even itself out. Anyway, after Sunday I don't have any more good excuses for a while, so that'll be that.

Arabella, I hope you made it successfully through DS' cake and the rest of the week!

Liz, congrats on the -4 lbs! Woo hoo! How'd your early Easter go?

Carri, a woo hoo for you, too!! You are so close to the teens now... Whatever you're doing now is working, so stick with it!

Have a great weekend, and Happy Easter, everyone!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #495  

Auntie G - Whoa, 90 miles away for breakfast?? That must be a good breakfast!! I love having breakfast out, that would definitely be hard to stay on plan though!

My early Easter was OK, although I did eat a tad more chocolate than I meant to. Actually I hadn't planned on any, which was kind of stupid on my part I suppose. My DS got a chocolate rabbit which he can't really eat much of, he had a little bit but I helped myself to some as well. I managed to give all his chocolate eggs (my mom had a egg hunt for the kids) to his cousin. I probably won't get away with giving away his chocolate next year!!

Tomorrow DH and I are going to spend most of the day working on our backyard (the lawn and garden needs some serious help) so that should burn some calories hopefully!

Hope everybody had a good Easter!