Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: WHAT MONTH DOES YOUR BIRTHDAY FALL ON?
January 1 2.33%
February 3 6.98%
March 6 13.95%
April 4 9.30%
May 2 4.65%
June 2 4.65%
July 2 4.65%
August 1 2.33%
September 9 20.93%
October 5 11.63%
November 3 6.98%
December 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 07:57 AM   #121  

A really quick Friday morning greeting! I haven't had a chance to go over all the posts. But see that we have new people. Yippee!!! Welcome and hop on board. We're all very nice and eager to give you some pats on the back.

Monet-----I read that charcoal takes away odor. I wonder if you put some charcoal in your car and keep it shut up for a day or two would that take out the last remnants of kitty. Hope it works. I missed your answer to me about where you got that info about soy products not working right with soy. Would you mind repeating that answer for me. I'm half with it and the other part of the time I'm all the way gone! Ha! Thanks! And good luck with the car.

Kim
Old 08-30-2002, 08:32 AM   #122  

Default Good Friday Morning!

Ok, ok...I admit I am cheating. Not in what I am eating, but with the posting. Since I posted last night, it is going to be a piece of cake (oops, sorry) to catch up this morning!

QUILTER: One good page on soy and thyroid is www.mercola.com Dr. Mercola has a great website with lots of good info. About.com has a thyroid page that has some articles, and links to info on soy. Let me know if you want more info. If you take thyroid medication, you really should avoid soy as much as possible. Mercola says fermented soy products are ok, like soy sauce and tempeh. I try to avoid soy as much as possible, but occasionally, I just get a taste for a Chinese dish with tofu, so I eat it. I just try not to do that too often.

DEB: If you are going to jog in the rain, you ought to see if you can find one of those fun little umbrella hats! Then you wouldn't have to hold up the umbrella. It is a headband with an umbrella on it, so you can fit it to your head and have your hands free, and your head dry. Of course, you may LOOK like the flying nun, but hey, comfort is more important, right?

SEF: Wow, you sure were busy! I should have gotten in the pool last night. Instead I cleaned up the kitchen. My son in law, the chef, always leaves such a mess! I ran out of steam before it was done, and I will have to finish up after I get off of here. A dip in the pool may have revived me enough to get the sinks shiny!

FRUIT: That is exciting about your bird! How big is he? What kind of bird and what color? I am sorry, I don't know too much about birds! ( I do know a few funny stories about them... )

Its Friday! Hooray!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-30-2002, 08:37 AM   #123  

Good Morning, no, VERY GOOD MORNING!

Went to GYN yesterday she did cervical biopsy on the spot. It will take a week to get results back from pathologist, BUT, she is 98% sure that it is not cancerous. It will likely have to be removed either way, but I am having a pelvic sonogram on Tuesday that will give her more information.

Thanks for your prayers, (they really helped) and the abbreviations 101 lesson. I really appreciate it.

I'm from the suburbs of NY where it has been the greatest summer. We camp seasonally on the weekends in PA and we have had perfect weather every week. We're getting lots of rain right now, but we need it. This is our last full weekend, because I head back to school Tuesday and my DS heads back soon too. Anyway, we're getting ready to head to camp now, everyone have a great weekend, I know I will.

I saw that someone said something about eating 3 carbs a day. What does that come out to be. I'm not sure that I'm eating the right amount???

Last edited by Again; 08-30-2002 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:45 AM   #124  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Is everyone sleeping in today????

Was able to get in my walk. The rains stopped and with the lousy luck I have, the sun came out making it another unbearable walk/jog in the heat. We won't mention the 90% humidity they talked about at 6am! I can't imagine what it was like when I went, probably 100%! I swear, you could wring my T-shirt out, it's so wet and heavy from sweating. Just happy to get in those 4.5 miles. Did it in 51 minutes flat, surprisingly.

ELI is still asleep. I don't have a clue what time he got in, though I know at 4am he was in bed. I woke up and felt for him. Poor guy was up from 3:30am yesterday and worked all day long, closing the store last night. I doubt he got home anywhere before 2am because he said they were running late with starting to clean the store when I spoke to him before going to bed last night.

Have time to post a Friday Funny so here you go!

There are two statues in a park; one of a nude man and one of a nude woman. They had been facing each other across a pathway for a hundred years, when one day an angel comes down from the sky and, with a single gesture, brings the two to life. The angel tells them, "As a reward for being so patient through a hundred blazing summers and dismal winters, you have been given life for thirty minutes to do what you've wished to do the most."

He looks at her, she looks at him, and they go running behind the shrubbery. The angel waits patiently as the bushes rustle and giggling ensues. After fifteen minutes, the two return, out of breath and laughing. The angel tells them, "Um, you have fifteen minutes left."

"Would you care to do it again?" he asks her. "Shall we?"

She eagerly replies, "Oh, yes, let's! But let's change positions. "This time, I'll hold the pigeon down, and you on its head."

AND WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???????????????

QUILTER, just a quick good morning to you

MONET, you must me joking, me, where something like that on my head? I can just imagine the beeps I'd get running down our busy streets! Only old Cuban men selling stuff on the street corners where those down here. They look like fools.

AGAIN, don't you just hate having to wait for results! That's good though that she thinks it's 98% chance it's not cancerous, lets hope and pray that's the case. So you are a city girl in NY? Sounds like you've had a great summer. I love going to upstate NY during the summer but alas, those days seem to be a thing of the past. Enjoy your weekend!

Once again, have a wonderful day. Time for me to hit the showers!!!!

Debbie
Old 08-30-2002, 09:12 AM   #125  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Thank you everybody for the big warm welcome! The other board I post on has gone pretty quiet lately - it'll be so much fun to be in the middle of such bustle!! SB is completely new to me, I'm ploughing through the book - great read, actually, and I have to say it's a big eye opener! . I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions about SB (and football?). Being from the "great white north" I obsess about hockey instead. Won't have tons of time to post on days that I work, but I'll try to keep in touch amap.

Have a great day everyone!

Karen
Old 08-30-2002, 09:19 AM   #126  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

MERRY, quickie to you. If you haven't read MICHAEL MONTIGNAC'S book, EAT YOURSELF SLIM, see if you can get a copy at the library. He explains a lot more in detail about this WOE, as he's really the first to write a book about this WOE first, SB took his book and made a US version, SB, before he could.

Debbie
Old 08-30-2002, 09:20 AM   #127  

Default Friday

Holy Moly!!! You women have been so busy since yesterday morning with posts. Took me so long to read them I am behind schedule so I better get moving.

Those 2 lbs actually stayed gone and another .5 lb disappeared this morning too! I am a groovin'! We had a beautiful visit to the Historical Village yesterday. I got in another good walk and I bypassed the icecream while hubby ate a HUGE cone and the kids each scarfed one back. I felt really good about not eating any of that and kept thinking about the 5 lbs I lost this week and how it wasn't worth it.

I can't possibly catch up on everyone because of time restraints but I will get a few of you. I am also behind schedule this morning because I spent some time officiating the races the kids were having earlier. A combination of running, scooter and bike races. They were fun! Okay....

MERRYLEGS- You first! Welcome to you fellow CANADIAN! I am so glad to have you on board. There are only a few of us here so the more the merrier. I am from Ontario but moved to New Brunswick 2 years ago so we are on opposite coasts. This is a wonderful board to learn from and to get motivating support.

FRUIT- Congrats!! I am so happy you are getting your baby bird! I am so excited for you. How wonderful that he is ready to come home now. Make sure you post more pics of him because he is so beautiful and I would love to see how he has grown since the last ones.

DEBELLI- I just HAVE to ask. How on earth do you get a kosher PORK chop? I just have to know this!

MONET- That is just terrible about what the cat did to your car! Nice to have a hubby that will clean it all up for you!

AGAIN-Such wonderful news from the doctor for you, I am so glad!

SEF- Hope you get yourself rested up. You are always on the go! My headache is finally gone. It dwindled into a dull ache then finally disappeared yesterday afternoon. Took long enough..actually since Monday.

CHERYLCO-I am sorry about your mom. I remember you mentioning it before because my uncle has a tumour on his voicebox too but they are doing radiation with him. I trust they will get it all out and she has a quick recovery. My mother is the one girl out of 5 kids and she is also the main support for my grandmother. It is hard sometimes but I think it is a wonderful honour to care for the mother who cared for you for so many years. I pray the Lord strengthens you as you care for her.

LKF-Welcome to the board! I know you will love it here because the ladies are so nice and helpful.

Okay I gotta get going. I haven't even eaten breakfast yet and that is a no no. I had 1 oz of cheese but I better get something else in me before the munchies strike. Have a great day!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:35 AM   #128  

Default Friday Funny

From a child's point of view

1. The math teacher saw that little Johnny wasn't paying attention in class. She called on him and said, "Johnny! What are 4, 2, 28 and 44?"Little Johnny quickly replied, "NBC, CBS, HBO and the Cartoon Network!"

3. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. But it was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the
door, saying sagely, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out
some of these yourself!"

4. When the mother returned from the grocery store, her small son pulled out the box of animal crackers he had begged for, then he spread the animal-shaped crackers all over the kitchen
counter. "What are you doing?" his Mom asked. "The box says you can't eat them if the seal is broken," the boyexplained. "I'm looking for the seal."

5. This little grandmother was surprised by her 7 year old grandson one morning. He had made her coffee. She drank what was the worst cup of coffee in her life. When she got to the bottom, there were three of those little green army men in the cup. She said, "Honey, what are these army men doing in my coffee?" Her grandson said, "Grandma, it says on TV 'The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup!'"

7. A three-year-old boy went with his dad to see a new litter of
kittens. On returning home, he breathlessly informed his mother, "There were two boy kittens and two girl kittens." "How did you know that?" his mother asked. "Daddy picked them up and looked underneath," he replied. "I think it's printed on the bottom."

8. While working for an organization that delivers lunches to elderly shut-ins, I used to take my four-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds. She was unfailingly intrigued by the various appliances of old age, particularly the canes, walkers and wheel
chairs. One day I found her staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and whispered, "The tooth fairy will never believe this!"

9. A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, "Daddy, you shouldn't wear that suit." "And why not, darling?" "You know that it always gives you a headache the next morning."

10. While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our
minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar
wilt. Apparently, his five-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased. The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his father always said: "Glory be unto the Faaaather. And to the Soonnn... and into the hole he gooooes."

11. A little girl had just finished her first week of school. "I'm just
wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write, and they won't let me talk!"

Last edited by Serene; 08-30-2002 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:46 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

TGIF. Now I only have 7 1/2 more hours to go. It's been a long week. Thouhg I'd never get this post made, my boss kept coming in my office.

It's going to be a busy weekend. Eye appoinment in the morning, then off to Lexington for great nieces bday, then back to a 50th bday party at church for our priest. Sunday tailgating and ballgame all day. Monday hope it is nice so we can float in the pool all day at a friends house.

I'm made it 5 for 5 on the exercise challenge. Probably won't get my walk in tomorrow since Dr. appt is so early. May be able so squeeze in some crunches.

Deb, Everyone deserves a day of doing nothing once in awhile. Hope you rested up. Was everyone able to go to school and work today (after the brisket that is). Just kidding, I'm sure it was delish. I think you all should get those umbrella hats for the WDW marathon. You could start a trend. Cute joke, I know what I was thinking (dirty mind).

Heartmom, WTG on being back on track. Now just keep that trend going. How sweet about Ashley wanting to be a Dr. It would make me cry too.

Gator, That Billy Donovan is a cutie. Wish he would come home to UK. THere are always rumors he is coming. I don't think he'll be leaving UF soon.

Bob, I'm sorry. Didn't know I was opening up Pandora's box. If you want another night of football, Sunday nite @ 6:00 on ESPN 2, UK vs UL. I'll even wave to you. Look for me, I'll be the one in blue.

Fruit, good to hear from you so soon. Keep it up. How funny about the kids bringing you gifts. Nice too! So sorry you DH is still having trouble with his hear. Hope they can do something for him.

Monet, How nice to have a chef in the family. Lucky DD too. Yuk on the cat. I know what I would do. LOL I think all the SB girls running in the WDW should get those umbrella hats don't you.

Sef, You are too much. You make me tired just listening to all you do. You better not over-do it though. Take care of yourself.

Again, 3 carbs a day = 1 pc of ww bread, brown rice, ww pasta, 1/2 c cereal, ww pancake. 1/2 sweet potatoe. Don't know if I missed any or not. Just don't have more than 3 of those a day. Sounds like you had a great summer. Enjoy your long weekend.

Merrylegs, Just ask away, Someone will know the answer.

Have a great day. Hope it goes fast.

Jackie
257/173/145
10-10-01
Old 08-30-2002, 09:54 AM   #130  
Goddess

Thumbs down Friday Morning

Here's my Friday funny:

The University of Alabama

I've got two hummingbirds dive-bombing each other around my feeder. One of the best things I did when I moved into this house was put my office in the room that looks out on the backyard so I can watch my birds while I work. I actually saw hummingbird sex once. For tiny creatures they sure make a lot of noice!

Scale--new scale is doing nicely thank you--down .5 this morning. I think part if it is that I have dramatically upped my intake of veggies this week which helps, er, move things along.

I'm headed out to a sale at a furniture store this morning. I'm ready to get rid of the graduate school era futon I've been using as a sofa and I have a college student at the church who would LOVE a futon for this apartment. So I need to find a sofa. I saw a couple I really liked yesterday, but they are having a big sale this weekend, so the salesperson told me not to buy until the weekend. I plan to be there when the doors open!

gracious--it sounds like you had a good day yesterday! Good for you on forgoing the ice cream! The staff at church wanted to know what kind of cake I wanted for my brithday next week. When I told them I didn't want one they didn't believe me. Finally I told them, I just don't eat cake (duh--they do this for everyone's birthday on the staff and I NEVER eat the cake). I hope I have your stength next week!

Melf--I'm so glad to hear that your sisters are recovering! Good news that only one has the virus too! Hang in there--it's been a rough year for your family. My thoughts and prayers continue to remain with you.

Heartmom--Ashley sounds like a real sweetie! I'm glad to hear that your uncle is recovering too!

Monet--YUCK! Cats know how to push all the buttons. When shopping for my sofa the key is not color or style but which fabric will best stand up to the cat's claws and shedding!

Merrylegs--I echo Deb's recommendation of Eat yourself slim! I read it this summer and it really does go a little more in depth that SB.

Again--glad to hear that the Dr. is encouraged by your biopsy. Still, the wait to know for sure is hard. Let us know--I'm rooting for you!

BOB--you really need to look into the basketball. For me the fall means 8 months of sporting pleasure--because as soon as football season winds down basketball winds up. But, of course, I guess caring about BB would be just too heartbreaking for the big orange!

Gator--This is fun! Yes I do seem to remember something about UF lucking up and making it into the final four--but,hmmmm didn't the ACC win that year? Tomorrow we will start to know our fortunes--I love the day before the season starts--evenyone is backing a winning team!

Missy--the school allows you to poision the minds of young children with all the purple and gold in the classroom

Time to work!

Have a good day everyone!

Susan
300/249.5/150
Old 08-30-2002, 10:20 AM   #131  
Little Engine That Could

Toni--We were posting on the exercise board at exactly the same time. Wonder what the system would do if it were at the exact nano-second that we hit “post.”

Filise--Nope. It was Mich. State. They happened to beat us one year later in a different sport at a bowl game. BOB, I agree about Billy Donovan looking like Eddie Munster. Everyone agrees about that. But he’s a great coach. And I agree with Fillise about Bball. Especially when you have an exciting team to root for. One that does full court presses almost the entire game. Up-tempo ball is what we are seeing in Gainesville.
It is fun to EXPect to be at the big dance every year. If UT ever learned to waltz, you’d be watching too, BOB.

JackK--Tubby Smith is a great coach. Y’all are lucky to have him. Hope he stays there a long time. The series between UK and UF have become exciting, hey?

We had huge storms last night and got about 3 inches here in several hours. So, today it was muggy as all get out. It is gonna rain sometime soon, so I changed my route and went straight to my furtherest point and walked back from there. Better to be heading home when the rains hit. Luckily I did not get wet and we are still waiting on the wet stuff.

Ya’ll have a great weekend. I’ll finish my 5 day challenge in the victorian part of Gainesville tomorrow. Keep weighing, walking and smiling.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:41 AM   #132  

Good morning everyone.. And can you believe its Friday!!!! Had a bad day yesterday. Felt so awful went back to bed and slept till noon. It was downhill from there. DH was so sweet and made scrambled eggs for dinner. I'm a bit better today. Wonder if I got a touch of flu or something.. Anyway got my treadmill in.. Congradulations to everyone that did it this week Sure did help me when I wanted to just skip the day... I thought oh no I can do it!! This is my DH last week-end of work and then no job. I'm sure the campground will be filled to the max and it will be busy busy. We're a tourist town here with lots of beautiful campgrounds and two rivers to canoe on... We also have a cross country trail rides that draws people from all over the United States. So the summer is full of people. Then everyone goes home and we're a small rural town with population of 600 people.

Monet- Yea on your computer working better.. Oh my gosh a cat mess.. Nice hubby to clean it up... And great son in law to cook!!! Sounds yummy.

heartmom- Glad your Uncle is recovering from the West Nile Virus.. Its getting to be really scarey...

Sef- Wow you are really going to town with the cleaning.. Take it easy gal you sound so tired... A trip east in the fall would be wonderful...

Debilli-Lucky you with the rain... Hope you get your walk/run in okay. And have a nice time at the opening...

The Quilter- Hi there gal and how ya doing?

Again- Have a great time camping..... And I wish you lots of luck with your biopsy...

Merrylegs- A great big welcome to SB... Once you get the first couple of weeks under your belt I think you'll love it... Theres a great support system here. Not to mention a wonderful bunch of ladies and a gent! So hop right in here....

gracious- Yea for you passing up the ice cream.. Your attitute makes me smile from ear to ear... I just love it! And look at you go girl...... Another .5 is just terrific...Keep it up....

Serene- Love you Friday Funnies!

Jack-K- Wow you need roller skates lady with all you got to do. Congrads on making it 5 days on the exercise.. We need a new challage now..

Fillise- Roflmao about the hummingbirds having sex.... That is to cute... Great on losing that 1/2 lb. Hope you find a good sofa you like...

Everyone have a great Friday... Will be back later...

213/169/130
Old 08-30-2002, 10:42 AM   #133  

Default Friday Funny

Parent's Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep.
For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.

I pray I find a little quiet,
Far from the daily family riot.
May I lie back and not have to think
About what they're stuffing down the sink,

Or who they're with, or where they're at
And what they're doing to the cat.
I pray for time all to myself
(Did something just fall off a shelf?)

To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
(Oh no, another goldfish...dead!)
Some silent moments for goodness sake
(Did I just hear a window break?)

And that I need not cook or clean
(Well heck, I've got the right to dream)
Yes now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep,

But as I look around I know,
I must have lost them long ago!
Old 08-30-2002, 10:45 AM   #134  

Gator gal- Wonder if we could have shut the system down with one key stroke.... Have fun tomorrow.... Get that walk in!!!

Serene- Cute prayer!!
Old 08-30-2002, 10:54 AM   #135  

A quick good morning to all of you!

My DS, Gloria sent me this during the week & I thought it would be appropriate to share it here with all of you today. This sure does fit my way of house-cleaning lately. LOL

Dust if you must but wouldn't it be better
To paint a picture or write a letter,
Bake a cake or plant a seed.
Ponder the difference between want and need.

Dust if you must but there's not much time,
With rivers to swim and mountains to climb!
Music to hear and books to read,
Friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must but the world's out there
With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
This day will not come around again.

Dust if you must but bear in mind,
Old age will come and it's not kind.
And when you go and go you must,
You, yourself, will make more dust.

Remember, a house becomes a home when you can write "I love you" on the
furniture....

Share this with all the wonderful people in your life!

173/133/130
Closed Thread