I'm new - what the heck are you talking about? 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 06:41 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 5/26-6/1

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=27929

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 05-26-2003, 06:49 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

Although life is far from perfect, it is completely abundant and very much worth every moment of living. Yes, there are always things that could be improved, and that is a blessing in itself. For it means that you are alive and able to make things happen. It means that there is always the option of reaching ever higher.

There is always room for improvement, and that means there is always room to grow. Weaknesses can be transformed into strengths, and liabilities can be changed into assets.

Where there is room for improvement, there are also the seeds of opportunity and accomplishment. Businesses, careers and entire industries are built on the need and desire for continuing, expanding improvement.

When there is something that needs to be improved, learn to see it not as a deficiency. See it for what it is, which is a magnificent opportunity. If there is room for improvement, there is the real possibility of greatness.

-- Ralph Marston

HEALTHY BALANCE

If you've been putting forth effort for a while, take a rest. When you've been resting for a while, get up and get going again. Life is a cycle of effort and rest. Everywhere you look in nature, you can clearly see how a healthy balance between effort and rest is essential to all living things.

By working ever harder and ever longer, you eventually reach a point of diminishing return. Sooner or later, you get to the place where, in order to continue moving forward, you must first stop for a while.

The same kind of situation occurs when you go too far in the other direction. When you spend a long period never making any effort, it ceases to become relaxing or pleasurable and simply becomes unbearably monotonous.

Give all you have to the effort, and then give it a rest for a while. Both effort and rest will serve to energize you, as long as you keep them in balance. Pay heed to the cycle that pervades all of life, and life will work great for you.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 05-26-2003, 06:56 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Yes, I'm alive, TRANQUIL hasn't kidnapped me but we've been quite busy and having a nice time She is leaving today, this afternoon I've so enjoyed this time with her and once again find my wishing she lived closer and I do with everyone.

I'm sorry I wasn't on the board much last week and not on really since she arrived. Not only have we been running but she can now really understand when I complain on the board about having to run the kids all over the place non-stop in the car, she's seen it just about every day!

ZACH is a cutie and a good kid and it's been a pleasure to get to meet him. I'm sure my kids think the same-ELI, you'd think these two were lifelong friends, they were sitting together in the rear of the van yesterday conspiring

Not sure what our plans for the day, or at least for the part of it that she'll be here are going to be. It's still very early and I'm going to hop back in bed to see if I can possibly get a little more shut eye.

MICHAEL and LAUREN both have homework so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on the board later today or not, but come tomorrow, the house is back to being all mine, kids are back to school Will definitely get in a post by then, if not before. I'll try to skim the boards from last week if I have the time.

Have absolutely missed you guys, you have no idea!!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 05-26-2003, 07:00 AM   #4  

Late or early FRIDAY FUNNY, whichever way you want to look at it

Chinese Jews

Sid and Al, both Jews, were dining in a Chinese restaurant.

During their conversation Sid asked Al. "Are there any Jews in China ?"

"I don't know" replied Al. "Why don't we ask our Chinese waiter?"

When the waiter came by, Al asked him, "Are there Chinese Jews ?"

The waiter said : "I don't know sir, let me ask" and went into the kitchen. He returned in a few minutes later and said, "No sir. No, Chinese Jews."

"Are you sure?" Al asked.

"I check again, sir", replied the waiter and went back to the kitchen.

While he was gone, Sid said to Al : "I cannot believe there are no Jews in China, Our people are scattered everywhere."

At this point the waiter returned : "Sir, no Chinese Jews."

"Are you really sure, man ?" Al asked again. "I cannot believe there are no Chinese Jews."

Exasperated, the waiter frantically said : "Sir, I ask everyone ! "We have Apple Jews, Orange Jews, Tomato Jews and Grape Jews.But no one hear of Chinese
Jews!"
Old 05-26-2003, 07:16 AM   #5  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Morning!

Hi Everyone

Wow! I'm first on the new board! It's like writing on the first page of a new notebook! Ok, Deb beat me! That's ok!

I'm still here, even tho I haven't popped in too much to the board.

I am happy to report that I have done my Power 90 workout for 5 days in a row now! I can't remember the last time I exercised 5 days in a week (or even in a month!), let alone 5 days in a row. I would have done more, but I didn't get the DVDs till Tuesday and started Wednesday.

My water intake has been excellent! And my eating has been good. I still have to make sure I get in enough fruits and veggies. I haven't been eating after dinner.

Why is it that I forget how good I feel when I eat properly and exercise??? Oh well, at least I'm doing it now!

I had DH take "before" pics. I took my measurements and weight on day one. Now I've put away the scale until day 30. That's right, scale is outta sight!

We've been a little busy. DS started soccer and we've been signing papers for our investment house. We actually got an offer for MORE than asking price! and then the buyers decided they wanted the closing date moved up! So we're happy about that.

DEB/TRANQUIL--Glad you two are having such a good time together.

Ok, gotta go get the munchkin ready for school.

I wish all my American SB buddies a wonderful Memorial Day!

Last edited by Zanne; 05-26-2003 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:03 AM   #6  
Wannabe skinny babe

Red face Boy, what a week!

So, after layoffs, meeting our new boss, etc... I had a hectic week. Stayed OP all week, too. I was so proud of myself.

THEN... realized my TOM was late. Figured it was stress. Well, it wasn't. I'm pregnant again!!!

So I'm thrilled, scared, nervous - you name it! I feel good, if a little tired. I think this WOE is good for me and the baby, so I plan to follow SB! the whole time. Not to lose weight, now, of course. But I don't need or want to stuff myself with empty carbs.

I have my first OB appt. on 6/24 to ensure everything's going well. Of course, it's very early days yet, and I obviously am concerned about having another miscarriage, but I am trying to relax and leave it in God's hands.

Thanks for listening - we aren't telling anyone until after my 12-week exam this time so you guys are the first to know!

ttfn,

Jenn
Old 05-26-2003, 10:46 AM   #7  

Today's thought is:
To live in dialogue with another is to live twice. Joys are doubled by
exchange and burdens are cut in half.
-- Wishart

We live in one another's company for a reason. The talents any one of
us is gifted with are most pleasurable when used to benefit many. And
each of us is talented in ways unique and yet burdensome if not shared.

Our personal growth and development are dependent in part on the
contributions made by those we're in company with. We live better
because of others' presence and talented contributions to situations
affecting us all. Likewise, others are equally benefited by our positive
involvement in their lives.

We need one another to diffuse the pain and sorrow in our lives.
Sharing lessens the weight on a single pair of shoulders. Sharing also
reminds us that none of us is burdened in ways unfamiliar to others.
Laughing together multiplies our appreciation of someone else's
involvement in our lives. Every aspect of life promises more meaning
when shared openly with another. We could even say that no event is
really integrated into a life if experienced in isolation.

I'll find meaning today in the company of others.
Today's meditation comes from the book
The Promise of a New Day by Karen Casey and Martha Vanceburg copyright 1983,
Old 05-26-2003, 11:58 AM   #8  
Enjoying a new beginning

Jenn...congratulations!!! How wonderful to have a child on the way. I can't even imagine how you feel. Nothing blesses the world more than a new babe...Lori
Old 05-26-2003, 05:00 PM   #9  

Monday Evening (already????)

Hello, everyone. Well, I fizzled out last week on my getting on the board, and for that I truly apologize. We just got so busy, that I couldn't keep up. Not a very good excuse, but I'll try better this week.

My eating during the week last week was awesome! By the weekend, I was wavering, but will just keep trying my best every day.

DEB----Glad to hear you and TRANQ are having a swell time. How much fun to spend a long weekend together. You guys should tape record some of your talks that might be good for the rest of us. Ha! TRANQ has been doing so well that she doesn't have to spend time in the dungeon. So at least she didn't have that hanging over her head. LOL.

JENN---What great news you have for us today!!! Congrats!!! Take it easy. I'll be praying for you and the little one. You are right to try and not stress and leave it in God's hands.

LD----loved the meditation you shared. Very, very wonderful. I think I'll have to pass that one on to some of my good friends.

ZANNE---Way to go on your Power 90 regime! You are doing so EXCELLENT!!!!! You are right, the exercise really does make us feel better. Next time I get the urge to blow off a day, I'll remember what you said.

Speaking of exercise, I didn't do the treadmill all weekend, but I've done more yard work that imaginable. So I know I've burned off a few calories. Friday and Saturday I worked on my annuals, putting marigolds into my perennial border. And also got my dirt ready for the annuals on the deck. It takes me a long while to "design" where everything is going to look it's best. This year I did something new. I picked two colors (red and white) for all my annuals. And I have to say, the way I have it now looks GREAT! Then today we went and got mulch. I wanted to try something new. Had heard that pine straw makes excellent mulch and it's much lighter than those huge bags of mulch. So we went and bought 7 bales of it and spred it. We also had to weed the front beds before putting the mulch down. Paul decided it was time to clean out the gutters. So he got up there and did that. Not his favorite job because of the heights factor. Anyways, we finished that and are really tired. I just showered and wanted to get on here quick to report that I haven't fallen away.

I hope you all got to enjoy a long weekend. And are ready to tackle another week of healthy living.

Take care.
Kim
Old 05-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Jenn- That's great! Congratulations!

Okay, I made it through day 1 without cheating although, I had a huge craving for ice cream. It wouldn't go away so I ended up eating 4, yes I said 4, NSA yogurts! But I did exercise and drank well over a gallon of water so the scale is back in the 192-193 range. I've been legal today as well although, I've ate too many starchy carbs. I had oatmeal for breakfast(1 servings counts as 2 starches) and I had a tuna fish salad sandwich for lunch. But I wonder if that should only count as 1 starch since I used the Nature's Own reduced carb wheat bread?? Anyway, tonight I'm cooking chicken breasts and green beans and baby lima beans. There goes another starch or 2 with the beans. Oh,well. At least I'm eating alot healthier than last week and exercising(today was my 3rd day in a row on the exercise!) and getting in 2 servings of fruit daily. So what's our weekly challenge? Did I skim over it?
Old 05-26-2003, 06:22 PM   #11  

Exclamation Another Week Already?

JENN: Congratulations!!!! Babies are wonderful things.. and I'm thankful to both my sisters for having them so I can spoil them!!

HELP!!! I want to eat EVERYTHING!! I bought SF jello pudding, and the ingredients to make ww oatmeal cookies.. and now I don't dare because i want them so BAD!!

Any of you ever get this urge, to just chuck it all and hoover up all the groceries in sight? I'm motivated, I want to fly out to Michigan in late July and my butt needs to fit in the seat. I'm motivated....but I may need to ...exercise. I could exercise, and then I wouldn't want to spoil all that effort. AND I'm chewing my minty gum. But I WANT chocolate!!
Old 05-26-2003, 07:23 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy...

I am not eating right...not exercising enough...but having a really good time with family and friends. I really need to get back on track.

Congratulations Jenn!!!

Love,
Crystle
Old 05-26-2003, 07:54 PM   #13  

I'm proud to say that I have lost 5 lbs since last Sunday, that I have been 100% OP everyday since then & that I even got exercise in twice this week as well as drank my 64 oz most everyday. My clothes is starting to fit better again. From my weight commander I see that I'm still 6 lbs heavier today than I was a year ago, & 10 lbs above my lowest weight.

I went to a church function yesterday afternoon & they had finger foods. I ate my grapefruit before I got there, turned down everything including cake! All I had was some celery sticks with a little spinach dip. Not much at that. I came home & had a fourth of a canteloupe for supper. I have really toned down my eating alot this week.

Debbie, good to see your post. Thought maybe you had Tranquil tied up in the dugeon, or worse yet, that Eli had YOU in the dungeon! Glad to hear that you & Tranquil had a good week end together. Sure do miss you on the board though! Oh, the Chinese Jews!

Zanne, I am so very proud of you for sticking with the Power program. 5 days is great. I know you will do well with this. Keep up the great work.

Jenn, so very happy for you. Praying that all will be well for you & baby. SB IS good for you both!

ldblond, what a great Thought for the day! Thanks. They were words that I really needed to hear today.

Grin + Share it, you're right, Babies are blessings! Can't wait for our grandchild to be born in September. I miss having a baby to spoil. LOL

Kim, our best is all we can expect of each other, & if we've done our best, that that is sufficent. Sounds like you've been really getting into that yard work. Dh was off today & finally got around to chopping down a tree that had been damaged by the hurricane. I got home to find logs all over the yard. He got carried away with the chain saw

Heartmom, sounds like you're really trying hard to get back OP. Keep up the good work. 3 days in a row of exercise is fabulous!

Arcayne, yes, I'm afraid sometimes the urge to eat everything in sight is over whelmingly strong. I'm thankful that my mindset this week has been stronger than the urges Try to avoid the temptations. I know, easier to say than do. But give it your best!

Serene, great to talk with you yesterday! Can't wait for the week end to get here to see you!

Well it's been a long day & tomorrow will be longer, so I'm turning in early tonight. See ya!
Old 05-26-2003, 07:59 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

You would think that after 3 days of doing NOTHING, that I would feel better! Kate has almost used a whole jar of BLUE ICE to keep me comfortable...I've watched the food channel
all day. They had a marathon of food festivals...really enjoyed them.
I'm climbing up in the four poster and signing off for tonight..

CONGRATS JENN....

BOB
Old 05-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #15  

Default Report from Spa Monet...

Fillise just left. We had a wonderful time...at least I did..I think she did too! We went to the Dekalb Farmer's Market, Harry's, and Publix. We both spent more $$ than we wanted to, but got some great stuff! I hope she comes back again soon. We had a blast sitting around talking.

Here is a picture Tom took of the two of us just before she left. It was getting dark, so you can't see the pool behind us. We should have gotten the pitures this afternoon when we were out in the sunshine, enjoying the pool. Yes, it was COLD. I was so proud of Fillise, though. She got it, even though she really did not want to. Once you get in, its not so bad!

Anyway, I am beat, and have some things to do before bed time. I will check in tomorrow and try and address everyone individually then!

Sweet dreams!

JENN: Congratulations! What exciting news!

Fillise is on the left, Monet on the right.
Closed Thread