Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: WHAT MONTH DOES YOUR BIRTHDAY FALL ON?
January 1 2.33%
February 3 6.98%
March 6 13.95%
April 4 9.30%
May 2 4.65%
June 2 4.65%
July 2 4.65%
August 1 2.33%
September 9 20.93%
October 5 11.63%
November 3 6.98%
December 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 11:00 AM   #151  
Goddess

Thumbs down Saturday

New scale-----goooood. 148.5!

Bought a pretty sofa, it will delivered on Tuesday--my b-day. So a nice present for me! I'm thinking about ordering a chair and ottoman to match. My student will come pick up the futon on Monday afternoon--perfact!

BOB--I have the funniest picture in my minds of you oiling the lever on the recliner--because I really don't think you were kidding! Enjoy today! I don't think any of my teams are on TV today so I'll just have to watch yours! Oh wait--Georgia and Clemson are on. You may not know this, but I am a UGA grad--so I'll be rootin for them junkyard dawgs!

Have a good day everyone--I'm off to check out the scrapbooking hour on QVC. I promised my scrapbooking group I'd check it out and order some paper stock if they had any good specials.

Susan
300/248.5/150
Old 08-31-2002, 11:16 AM   #152  

Angry

Good Saturday Morning.....

It is a beautiful cool morning here in the majave desert. I am waiting for our son and DIL to arrive. They left Eureka last night and should be here soon. They'll be dead tired when they get here. It is a 10 hour drive. The things you do when you are young.

Fellise - What color is your new sofa? I alway like getting new furniture. Enjoy yours.

Idblond - I was glad to hear about Nicolas last night on the news. Glad that he is back with his Dad. I can't believe all the amber alerts we are having here in CA. Sometime you, nance and myself need to meet. I don't live to far from you. Nance and I have talked about getting together but haven't had the chance to connect. San Bernadino or Riverside? Barstow? I will be in Ontario on the 5th. I fly out for LA about 12:00. Glad to have you back, since us CA girls are very few.

BOB - Enjoy your games. You'll have to keep me up on it. I am not in the now about football.

I'll check in later... Enjoy your weekend.

How can I change my avator under my name?? Feeling computer challenged lately? Happens when you are not at your desk everyday.

Cyndi
Old 08-31-2002, 11:24 AM   #153  

Default Howdy NEIGHBOR!

Crystle..................
I noticed your stats............have you lost all of that weight on Sugar Busters? Would love for you to share how you have done it , if so Did it take a long time?

I seem to be struggling with this WOE. So, strange to the way I have eaten all of my life.

Jo Ann in Conroe, TEXAS
Old 08-31-2002, 11:31 AM   #154  

Good morning everyone... Hope you all are going to have a nice three day week-end.. My DH works from 7 to 7 at a campground all three nights so it will be quiet here. I won the book Eat yourself slim by Michael Montignac on e-bay yesterday. Wish it were here so I could start reading it..

Tranquil- Yummy your eggplant really sounds good. Love how you experiment with food.... what a nice compo with the turkey italian sausage..

gracious-Yep it looks like everyone has gone away for the week-end... Hope you're having a nice week-end..

Serene- Hope you got lots of nice rain! Watch out for that lightening

j red- Hope you have a great football week-end... It is hard to explain SB.... Try doing that to someone whos skimmed over the book and think they know everything!

Mercy- Is popcorn legal now????

BigKnight'sMama- Wow on the price of Agave. I just wish my health food store could get some in.

JoAnn- I'd like to know on the popcorn to.

heartmom- good luck staying legal this week-end. You're doing so good! Congrads on a new scale number.

Jack-K- The water challenge would be great... Probably need to start it on Tues. so everyone will be back.. This is the first year DH has done this job. He's really a machinest but in this small town there hasn't been any work..

Red1- We're in a little town called Eminence. Its about 3 hours from Springfield Mo. Its a beautiful area. And if you like to camp lots of places. Send me your address and I'll send you some brocheres.

Bob- Have a great week-end of sports!!!

IDblond- Congrads on turning down the ice cream. Sounds like you're hanging right in there. Good luck over the week-end...

Fruitloupe-Oh my gosh your sarcastic remarks are cute....

CountryMom-What a nice surprise from you DH... Its neat to enjoy a hobby or sport so good. Have a great week-end shooting your bow..

Fillise- So glad you found the new sofa.. Get that chair and ottoman or you'll be kicking yourself..... Congrads on the new weight...

Okay signing off for now.

213/169/130
Old 08-31-2002, 11:35 AM   #155  

Hi JoAnn and Red1 guess we were all posting at the same time. Hopeing you're going to have a great week-end...
Old 08-31-2002, 12:08 PM   #156  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Today is going to be a day of rest, and what is more restful than coming here!

Yesterday was a day of hard toil. I cleaned the sitting room, ceilings, shelving, walls etc. Than I made 150 trips up and down the ladder to put the 200+ pieces of pink glass on the shelf! Not counting the trips for the walls and ceiling. I think that counts as exercise! Moving recliners and tables around must count for something! I still need to do some fine tuning but the hardest is done. It hurts when I do things like heavy cleaning, but you have to push yourself or you wind up aitting and rusting........brown never was one of my colors!

I want to rest up as there is church tomorrow and then I have to usher for the matinee at the theater.

Last night I was too tired and sore to stitch or type, but I did sit down and read the posts. I am not going back to check them and answer one all but will try to hit a couple I remember.

I want to rest up as there is church tomorrow and then I have to usher for the matinee at the theater.

WELCOME TO LKF, MERRYLEGS AND AGAIN. Ithink I did welcome AGAIN when she joined but since I have CRS I'm not sure!

Speaking of AGAIN...........You said the suburbs of NY. Where? You camp in PA! Where? Don't let my Bio fool you! It says I live in LA but I was born in NJ and after 36 years of living there I am from PA. That is where I consider home! I lived in the Poconos, a very popular vacation area. Keeping you in prayers.

DEB: You can bet if family was home I wouldn't have been carrying that ladder! It's a seven footer and seems much longer going up the stairs. It can sit here til doomsday if necessary, I'm not carrying it down! Sorry you have not been up to par. Hope you're able to run like your old self soon. Looks like your little e-mail brought back some of the troops! What a good record keeper you are to notice the discrepancy in the BDs! You are our

Geeeeeez! To all non-football fans (I know you're out there!) you are in for non-stop banter, whining/gloating according to the winner of the day, statistics and baloney until the season is over! BOB, GATOR, QUILTER especially can go on and on and on. They can get down and dirty (all in good fun?!?). You'd think there were no other sports out there! What about ice skating? All a football player can do is carry a little old football and try not to fall down doing it! An ice skater moves on a slim balde of metal, leaping and turning in air or carrying a 100# partner over his head while doing a spread eagle! I'd like to see some dumb tight end do that! But of course, some don't know as much as they think. The very idea! CHOWDER at a LA event!

FRUIT: Glad you got the new job. You will be very busy juggling two jobs, a new baby (bird) and life!

HEART: It just goes to show you how aware kids are. I would have cried too. Small world. You have an Uncle in Slidell, I live in Slidell. Hope he recovers soon. Prayers.

MELF: Glad Gloria is getting better. Hope other sister ecovers soon. She is very lucky to be recovering, it is such a devastating illness. Will continue with prayers.

Who was it? TONI? With the chef in the family. Chefs never have to clean up! They are not taught that! It is left to the lower echelon. I love to cook, of course I'm not a chef! I always clean up as I go along, it is so easy I am amazed when someone doesn't!

TRANQUIL: My DIL is allergic to eggplant. I have found that zucchini is a good substitute.

SERENE: I may be old but I can think os something that is a lot more satisfying than food. I am a widow but I can remember somethings!

RED1: Your visit is only days before my trip and I have a full schedule to wind up things for HFH and church. I am sorry to say I will have to pass up the opprotunity to meet you. Maybe you will visit your friends another time! I really am disappointed.

LDBLOND: Glad to see you are back! Sorry you are having so much pain, something I can relate to. Hope you find something that will give you some relief.

QUILT: How awful to wake up in the middle of the night! That must have been some pain! Hope you are feeling better. Please if it happens again don't neglect it, see a doctor.

ADRON: A headach since June!?! I would have been to a neurologist long ago. This is not something to accept and live with.
Glad to see you back.

FILLISE: It would be nice to have another kitty, but Bear would probably eat it alive. At times. I think i would like to get another dog, but then again...........

CHERYL: Prayers for your Mom. My DBIL had the same. He learned to talk again and if you paid attention you could understand him, but he felt better when he used a mike that he held against his throat for clarity. There will be a star in your crown.

Enough is enough! Am not going to edit, probably scores of typos, just don't have the energy! Hope to check in later.

Shirley
Old 08-31-2002, 01:52 PM   #157  
sef

I missed FF so here are a couple!

THE BRICK LAYER

Possibly the funniest story in a long while._ This is a bricklayer's
accident report, which was printed in the newsletter of the Australian
equivalent of the Workers' Compensation board._ This is a true story._ Had this guy died, he'd have received a Darwin Award for sure.

Dear Sir:
"I'm writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 3 of the accident report form._ I put "poor Planning" as the cause of my accident._ You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient._

I am a bricklayer by trade._ On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six story building._ When I completed my work, I found that I had some bricks left over which, when weighed later were found to be slightly more than 500 pounds.

Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a
barrel by using a pulley which was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor._ Securing the rope at the ground level, I went up to the
roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it._ Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks.

You will note in Block 11 of the accident report form, that I weigh 135
pounds._ Due to my surprise of being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope._ Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building._ In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel, which was now proceeding downward at an equal, impressive speed._ This explained the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collarbone, as listed in section 3 of the accident report form._ Slowed down slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers on my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley._ Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience a great deal of pain._ At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel.

Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel weighed approximately 50 pounds._ I refer you again to my weight._ As you can imagine, I began a rapid descent, down the side of the building._ In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up._ This accounts for the fractured ankles, broken tooth and several lacerations of my legs and lower body.

Here my luck began to change slightly._ The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately, only three vertebrae were cracked._ I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope and I lay there watching the empty barrel beginning its journey back down onto me. This explains the two broken legs.

I hope this answers your inquiry."
Old 08-31-2002, 01:52 PM   #158  
sef

THE BRICK LAYER

equivalent of the Workers' Compensation board._ This is a true story._ Had this guy died, he'd have received a Darwin Award for sure.

Dear Sir:
"I'm writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 3 of the accident report form._ I put "poor Planning" as the cause of my accident._ You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient._

I am a bricklayer by trade._ On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six story building._ When I completed my work, I found that I had some bricks left over which, when weighed later were found to be slightly more than 500 pounds.

barrel by using a pulley which was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor._ Securing the rope at the ground level, I went up to the
roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it._ Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks.

pounds._ Due to my surprise of being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope._ Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building._ In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel, which was now proceeding downward at an equal, impressive speed._ This explained the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collarbone, as listed in section 3 of the accident report form._ Slowed down slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers on my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley._ Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience a great deal of pain._ At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel.

Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel weighed approximately 50 pounds._ I refer you again to my weight._ As you can imagine, I began a rapid descent, down the side of the building._ In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up._ This accounts for the fractured ankles, broken tooth and several lacerations of my legs and lower body.

Here my luck began to change slightly._ The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately, only three vertebrae were cracked._ I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope and I lay there watching the empty barrel beginning its journey back down onto me. This explains the two broken legs.

Old 08-31-2002, 01:52 PM   #159  
sef

THE BRICK LAYER

Dear Sir:

Old 08-31-2002, 01:53 PM   #160  
sef

I missed FF so here are a couple!THE BRICK LAYER

Dear Sir:

Old 08-31-2002, 01:55 PM   #161  
sef

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids?

If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

How old are you?.... "I'm four and a half "....
You're never 36 and a half....
you're four and a half going on five!

That's the key. You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back.
You jump to the next number. How old are you? "I'm gonna be 16."
You could be 12, but you're gonna be 16.

And then the greatest day of your life happens....
you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony....
you BECOME 21...YESsss!!!

But then you turn 30....
ooohhh what happened there?
Makes you sound like bad milk....
He TURNED, we had to throw him out. There's no fun now.

What's wrong?? What changed??
You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40....
.stay over there, it's all slipping away........

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, you're PUSHING 40, you REACH 50.....
and your dreams are gone.

Then you MAKE IT to 60.....
you didn't think you'd make it!!!!

So you BECOME 21, you TURN 30, you're PUSHING 40, you REACH 50, you MAKE IT to 60......
then you build up so much speed you HIT 70!

After that, it's a day by day thing.
After that, you HIT Wednesday....
You get into your 80's, you HIT lunch.
You TURN 4:30;
my grandmother won't even buy green bananas....
it's an investment you know, and maybe a bad one.

And it doesn't end there....
into the 90's you start going backwards....
I was JUST 92...

Then a strange thing happens.
If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again....
"I'm 100 and a half!!!!"
Old 08-31-2002, 01:57 PM   #162  
sef

I thought I would let you, my friends, in on a little
secret I've found for building my arm and shoulder muscles.
You might wish to adopt this regimen - 3 days a week works well.

I started by standing and with a 5 pound potato sack in each hand, extended my arms straight out to my sides _and held
them there as long as I could.

After a few weeks I moved up to 10 pound potato sacks, then 50 pound potato sacks and finally I got to where I could lift a 100 pound potato sack in each hand and hold my arms straight out for more than a full minute!!

Next, I started putting a few potatoes in the sacks, but you may not want to continue at this level.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:58 PM   #163  
sef

The Stupid Test!
_
OK._ Pay close_ attention.
Here is a very simple little test
_comprised of four easy questions
to determine the level of your intellect.

Your replies must be spontaneous and immediate,
with no deliberating or wasting of time.
And no cheating!
_
On your mark, get set, go...
_
1: You are competing in a race
and overtake the runner in second place.

In which position are you now?
_
_
Answer: If you answered that you're now in first,
you're wrong!
You overtook the second runner and took his place,
_therefore you are now in second place.
_
_
For the next question try not to be so dim.
_
2: If you overtake the last runner,
what position are you now in?
_
_
Answer: If you answered second to last,
you are wrong once again.
Think about it...
How can you overtake the person who is last?
If you're behind them, they can't be last.
You would have been last.
_
It would appear that thinking
is not one of your strong points.
_
Anyway, here's another question to try.
Don't take any notes or use a
calculator, and remember,
your replies must be instantaneous.

_
3: Take 1000. Add 40. Add another 1000.
Add 30. 1000 again. Plus 20.
Plus 1000. And plus 10.
What is the total?
_
_
Answer: 5000?
Wrong again!
The correct answer is 4100.

Try again with good calculator.
_
Today is clearly not your day,
although you should manage
to get the last question right...
_
4: Marie's father has five daughters:
1. Chacha
2. Cheche
3. Chichi
4. Chocho
5. ????
Question: What is the fifth daughter's name?
_
Think quickly...you'll find the answer below..

_
Answer: Chuchu?
WRONG!
_
It's obviously Marie!
Read the question properly.
You are clearly the weakest link.
Old 08-31-2002, 02:00 PM   #164  
sef

We have to have something for DARAMUS once in a while!

Because I'm Man

Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a wire clothes hanger and ignore your suggestions that we call a road service until long after hypothermia has set in. Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink beer.

Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You never get as sick as I do, so for you this isn't an issue.

Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like "Cumin" or "Tofu". For all I know these are the same thing. And never, under any circumstances, expect me to pick up anything for which "feminine hygiene product" is a euphemism.

Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops working I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.

Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator).

Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The answer is always either sex, racing, or football, though I have to make up something else when you ask, so don't.

Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for mother's day is okay, I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my Mom too!!

Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't.

Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?

Because I'm a man, and this is, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the gardening, the cleaning, and the dishes. I'll do the rest.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:24 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Loved the posts SEF! Well, I guess the scale was right, it's official...228! We went to our fave Mexican restaurant last night and I stayed LEGAL!! I passed on the chips and ordered chicken fajitas without the tortillas. It came with refried beans, sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacomole. I was in sheer bliss. It was just as yummy without the bad carbs. I was still weary that the scale would be up this AM because of the fat- the guacomole and the fajitas had alot of oil. I just hope it doesn't catch up with me tomorrow.
Closed Thread