Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: WHAT MONTH DOES YOUR BIRTHDAY FALL ON?
January 1 2.33%
February 3 6.98%
March 6 13.95%
April 4 9.30%
May 2 4.65%
June 2 4.65%
July 2 4.65%
August 1 2.33%
September 9 20.93%
October 5 11.63%
November 3 6.98%
December 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 10:55 AM   #136  

Hi all!!

Just a quick post to say hi to everyone and welcome all the newbies and those who are returning to the board.

I have kept the exercise challenge. We are very busy at work I have a lot of month in reports to do and run.

I am still OP and doing fine. I will read the post and hope to get back later!! Talk to you all Later!!! Have a great Afternoon
Old 08-30-2002, 12:03 PM   #137  

Good but busy morning! Last night Serene said I out did myself....I baked slices of eggplant with italian seasoning, crushed tomatoes, garlic, and feta and mozzarella cheese - baked 1 hr - and served with grilled turkey italian sausage - out of this world!!! My new favorite meal!

Again - I am from the suburbs of NYC - from the Palisades Cliffs over looking the NYC skyline all my growing years.....but I live in Florida now.....parents still live up there. Good luck with the sonogram and lab results!

Mercy - HI!!!!!!! Great job keeping up with the exercise!

Melf - How are your sisters doing???

Toni - Sorry to hear you were not feeling well - hope today is a better day for you!!!!!!

Gator - Have a good weekend, and enjoy your day in Gainesville.

Fillise - That is so cool that you get to watch the hummingbirds, such sweet little creatures!!!! Have a great weekend! Glad the new scale is working for you too!

Jack-K - Have a good weekend - good luck at the eye appointment!

Gracious - I cannot catch up with the board either! Have a wonderful weekend, and Congrats on your successful loss!!!!!

Merrylegs- SB is easy!!!! The board will help you with all the questions you may have! I am a NJ Devil's fan!!!!

Monet - Glad you are back on line and posting! Have a good weekend too!!!!

I have to run to the store and grab some salad and tabouli for lunch - to everyone I missed - I say Hello and Have a good weekend - and if I find time to, I plan to catch up on the board - WIW is whipping around the corner again - hoping this time it is a good one!

Sabrina
Old 08-30-2002, 12:46 PM   #138  

TRANQUIL- You are making me drool with your food descriptions!

MELF-My house is definitely a home!! Cute write up!

SERENE-Loved the prayer and the jokes! I sent them to my parents, they love getting jokes in their email.

TONI-Way to go on getting the TM in when you felt so icky. Hope you keep feeling better over the weekend!

FILLISE-Funny how people don't catch on, isn't it? Maybe drop the hint that SF icecream on the side would be great for you. Then you can actually eat some while the others are scarfing down the sugar and carbs!

So much for my break. Gotta get going again but I thought I better look in after what happened in the last 24 hr period on here. It seems to have slowed down though. I guess everyone is getting ready for the last long weekend of the summer. Keep safe and keep legal!!

<--- I love this grooving banana!
Old 08-30-2002, 01:09 PM   #139  

Tranquil,

You are so right, your eggplant was sooooo delicious. It was more satisfying than well, hmmm, a lot of things I can think of !
Thanks for letting me be your guinea pig once again! You are a great cook

Well, I was going to do some posts but the severe lightning is moving in very quick and I must shut this puter down.

Ta Ta for now,
Wendy
Old 08-30-2002, 01:13 PM   #140  

Default Friday

It's lunch time and thought I'd check in now while I have time. The weeked will be jammed with NAVY fun!!!!

One of the teachers and I just had a polite disagreement about our WOE. She asked if I was still doing the low-carb thing. She'd been having a lot of problems physcially last year and the doctor figured out she was hypo-glycemic because she'd been on a low carb diet and screwed up her system. Blaimed it all on the diet. I politely disagreed but she was insistent that he showed her the research. But I explained that I do eat carbs, healthy ones and not the refined, processed carbs. People read and hear about Atkins and assume that Sugarbusters is exactly the same. It is frustrating trying to explain it to people who don't want to listen.

I'm mad at the scales this morning. Up 2 again. But I'm not discouraged and know this is just the typical me.

We're going to have a great weekend, but it's going to be hot! Not exactly the best football weather. At least the game is tomorrow night and not in the afternoon. Hope you ladies (and Daramus) route for the NAVY MIDSHIPMEN . They are 1 and 20 for my son's class ('04). They better be better this year!

Gotta run and get some work done this afternoon.

Jeanie
Old 08-30-2002, 02:29 PM   #141  

Another quick post!

I have been reading the boards trying to catch up with the post I am so far behind. Anyway I have a question , Where do you guys get the updates as to the changes such as popcorn being legal now. Is there a web site I'm missing? I also read hat carrots are legal now.

Cheryl- I'm praying everything works out with your mom.

LKF- Welcome!! Welcome!!

Idblond- Gald to have your here.

Gracious- congrats on your wonderful lose this week. WTG

Thanks so much for all the breakfast ideas I printed them out and added them to my recipes for SB.

Serene- I hope you test comes out okay Girl I'm praying for you.

Tranquil- Hi!!!!

Hello to everyone I'm sorry I am so behind on reading the post.

Well back to work I go. Take care all

Last edited by Mercy; 08-30-2002 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:48 PM   #142  

Thumbs down I FOUND AGAVE!

hi everyone,
i am having a quiet day to myself, a day off with nothing purposeful to do except what i want, sounds spoiled, don't i?
anyway i went to my fav little health food store to check out if they had agave. they did! but it has doubled in price since i bought it last time! also it says light on the bottle, same size and manufacturer but now $4.49 for an 8 oz. bottle.(usu $4.99 but they give me a discount, thank goodness. they said after i bouhgt so much before they figured it was something to keep in stock and they indicated they had to wait a long time to get this order!
soooo i guess i better make Deb's famous cheesecake for the weekend!

my son has been cleared to practice again after being out with his knee surgery, unfortunately not in time to be able to travel to the UCF vs/ penn state game this saturday. i need to throw in my football 2 cents! even though UCF is not in a big fancy conference
(MAC conference) i think they are going to do very well this year.
so BOB check out the game on ESPN saturday at noon, it comes on before all the big games are televised. gator, please cheer for my son's best friend since kindergarten, mike degory, they played football at palm bay high the year they won the state championship at the swamp. he is supposed to be starting as center for the gators!

well must run and get my daughter from school, fifth grade and all those pre-puberty hormones, YIKES. with my pre-menopausal hormones i house is a real fun place to be!

welcome to all the new folks this is a great place for support and ideas to make the weight loss journey so much easier!

hello to everyone else, have a great labor day (FOOTBALL) weekend!!

chris
Old 08-30-2002, 03:14 PM   #143  

Question Legal Popcorn??????

Mercy........
You mentioned Legal Popcorn for Sugar Busters? Which one are we allowed and how much?
Jo Ann
Nebie here in TEXAS :-))
Old 08-30-2002, 03:44 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Just popping in to say hello and brag a little... the scale said 228 this morning!!!! WooHoo... Just keeping my fingers crossed that it was a correct reading. As some of you know, the weekend is a bad time for me- I USUALLY cheat and eat fast food and other junk. But I didn't last week and I don't plan on it this week. I really like the taco supremo salad at Wendy's- just leave the chips alone and it's legal and yummy.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:51 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

It's almost time! Friday is almost over (work that is)

Just wanted to catch up on posts. Probably won't be back on here until SUnday morning. Have a great long weekend.

Mercy, glad you are doing so well OP. Keep up the good work.

Gracious, Goodness gracious (no pun intended) you are on a roll. Keep it up girl. WTG on passing the ice cream. You are right, ice cream or 5 lbs. I'll take the 5 pounds anyday. Glad that headache went away.

Fillise, I think I smell something brewing with that FF. Trouble maker LOL Hope you find that new counch at a good. You will be able to pass up that cake next week. You have done so well so far. I have faith in you. We "used" to get cakes for everyone's bd here, now there are 2 of us doing SB so we got a nice candle instead. It lasts longer too. I'm with you on the football and BB. My passion is BB (college) and of course the Wildcats. I really didn't know that Auburn had a good BB team.

Gator, Yes Tubby is a good coach, but I really wanted Rick back and some ole' red school got him. Then I wanted Billy. THere are some things I don't like about Tubby though. I attend a UK-UF bb game a few years back when there was some BIG guy (can't recall the name right now) and he could hardly get up and down the floor, but man could he block the ball and put that weight on you. I couldn't wait until he graduated. I do believe we came from behind and won that game. Glad yo got your walk in.

Toni, How about a water drinking challenge? Does DH have to find another job until the summer each year? Your town sounds so lovely.

Serene, Cute prayer. I can relate.

Melf, How cute. It reminded me of a similar verse I had hanging in my babies' room about babies not keeping and the dust will. Thanks for the tug at the heart.

Tranquil, I have never had eggplant. Send me some will ya? Have a good one!

JRed, Everyone you tell about SB always says, Oh it's like Atkins. Oh well, we know better. Don't worry about the 2 lbs., probably hormones. I'll be pulling for the Navy!!!

BKM, Enjoy your day to yourself. Everyone deserves one of those. I still can't find agave, and the sehlf sticker was marked $5.09! Yikes. I was going to pull for Penn State, but now I won't. Have a great weekend.

Heartmon, Come on you can do it. You did it last weekend and look how that scale is moving. You don't want it to creep back up do yo? No way! Have a great 100% OP weekend. WTG on the new number.

Quilter, I hear one of your big footbal schools, Cinn Elder (did I get that right) is playing our State Champions, Trinity, tomorrow night. I hear you all are pretty good though. This teamis pretty good so this just might be our year. LOL.Have a great weekend.

Have a safe and nice weekend.

Jackie
Old 08-30-2002, 05:15 PM   #146  

Good friday afternoon.... spent this morning helping my daughter get her house ready for her new room mates. My son and DIL will be moving in with her for awhile. With the twins on the way it wasn't going to work out that they stayed in Eureka and go to school. I am so glad since I wasn't looking forward to having them so far away. They will stay there until they get jobs and get their feet on the ground.

Not to hot here today. Sure wish we had some of the rain you all are getting in FL. It hasn't rained here for months. Usually we get some summer rains but no this year. The fact that it is not hot in August going into Sept is very weird for us. Maybe it will be a cold winter.

heartmom: I'll keep my fingers crossed too. I know how it feels when the lbs start going down you don't want them to reappear.

BKM: I made Deb's cheescake this week. It is so good. It is hard for me just to eat one slice. My daughter doesn't care for the taste. Which is good for me, she'd eat it all if not. Glad you son is able to play ball again. I have trouble keeping up with everyones daily lives and now you all are throwing in football. Something I know nothing about. Perhaps after this season I'll be smarter.

Melf, Sef and Fruitloupe: I am not sure if you got my email. I will be in your area next week. I am going to gonzales for a week starting 5 Sep to 12 Sep. Is there any chance we might be able to get together. We are going to New orleans on the 6th and gator hunting on the 7th & 8th. Other than that I am not sure what out plans will be. Send me an email and we can talk. [email protected]. I'd love to hear from you.

toni48: Just where are you at? It sounds like someplace I'd like to visit. My hubby and I like to go camping. Maybe we can plan a trip there next year.

again: Welcome!!! I know what you are going though. I just had surgery to remove my ovaries and tubes. I had a tumor, not cancerouse thank God, that was the size of a tennis ball. I had had a hystarectomy 9 years ago to remove my cervix and uterus. Take care and listen to you Dr. I am feeling fine now and I know you will soon. I'll be praying you.

Deb: I just heard yesterday that we are getting a Starbucks here in the fall. What type of drinks are SB ok. I know that the cafe mocha's that I love to get at our local coffee shop are not good for me, to much sugar and they don't have non sugar ones. My hubby's dr. told him not to have fruits except those that have lots of water in them, watermelon, cantaloupe. He has him on a low carb diet not a no carb diet. I had heard that fruits with lots of seeds, ie. strawberries, rasberries, etc are lower in carbs than the others. Any help??? Thanks

Merrylegs: Welcome this is a very busy board. I have a hard time keeping up. You will enjoy the information and friendships you will get here.

gracious: Glad to here your 2lbs have stayed gone and anothe .5 to boot. Keep it up!!!!

Well I better get going. Everyone have a great friday night.

Cyndi

Last edited by Red1; 08-30-2002 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 06:56 PM   #147  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB is TOTALLY ready for tomorrow!!! I've got the TV ready...new batteries in the
REMOTE...lever on the recliner greased, the SHAKERS are in place... all of this for what?????????????
IT'S.....FOOTBALL....TIME....IN....TENNESSEE!!!!!! !

BKM...I'm ready for your game...you're leading off my day...I've hit a delima though...my game startes at 5:37p.m. and BIG BROTHER is on at 8p.m. ....then there is the GEORGIA vs CLEMSON at 6 p.m. Guess it's a good thing I put those new batteries in the remote??

No movies...no time...too many ballgames to watch!! JACKIE...I'll be tuned in on Sunday for your game...are you going? for real??

WELCOME all you NEWBIES...Glad to have you..

I've got to get some things done around here..I'll check in later.

BOB
Old 08-30-2002, 08:17 PM   #148  

Been kind of a rough day with the RSD, but I was able to keep the munchies under control, probably a little high on fat for my snack with cheese and pb, but better than binging on starchy carbs.

GatorGal: I'm looking forward to our successful 5lb drop!

Deb: I noticed comments about popcorn begin ok? Are the any new changes, I remember something about carrots? The little boy who was kidnapped was found this morning. It really has been a scary thing for our community. It happened about 5 minutes from Nance.

Meliris: Yes, I'm the one who use to have the mouth nightmares, but now I'm looking forward to an implant before my b-day! I'm really excited to have it all done and over with.

FruitLoupe: Missed ya' too.

BOB: Hope you are feelin' better soon. I've missed your humorous emails, glad to be back in your company.

Sorry I just can't get to everybody. Have a good weekend, although a time when I usually slipped up, I'm really confident that I have all the good munchies I need and I really don't want the junk. I even turned down ice cream last night (this is my favorite no, no)

Good Nite' All.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:04 PM   #149  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey my friends!

Here's a Friday funny from me. I have received this many times but I giggle each time I get it - I sure would love to use this on a daily basis without getting fired!

Sarcastic Remarks to get you through the day:

1. And your crybaby whiny-assed opinion would be ....?
2. Do I look like a ****ing people person ?
3. This isn't an office. It's **** with fluorescent lighting!
4. I started out with nothing & still have most of it left.
5. I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.
6. Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
7. If I throw a stick, will you leave?
8. You!!.... Off my planet!
9. If I want to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on my
dogs!
10. Does your train of thought have a caboose?
11. Did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe?
12. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
13. A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.
14. A PBS mind in an MTV world.
15. Allow me to introduce myselves.
16. Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.
17. Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after
them.
18. Well, this day was a total waste of makeup.
19. See no evil, hear no evil, date no evil.
20. Are those your eyeballs? I found them in my cleavage.
21. I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.
22. I have a computer, a vibrator & pizza delivery. Why should I leave the
house?
23. Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.
24. Did I mention the kick in the groin you'll be receiving if you touch me?
25. It aint the size, its... no, its the size.
26. A woman's favorite position is CEO.
27. I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.
28. A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.
29. Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't
fallen asleep yet.
30. Can I trade this job for what's behind door #1.
31. I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks.
32. Okay, okay, I take it back. Un**** you.
33. Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
34. Macho law prohibits me from admitting I'm wrong.
35. Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it?
36. Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done.
37. I plead contemporary insanity.
38. And which dwarf are you?
39. How do I set a laser printer to stun?
40. Meandering to a different drummer.
41. I majored in liberal arts. Will that be for here or to go?
Old 08-31-2002, 09:28 AM   #150  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Busy Busy Busy...

Good morning! Hello all. I have to admit I've been reading but just haven't had the time to post this week very much. It's been a great week. My husband bought me the "cadillac" of bows this week and was able to keep it a suprise from me. It's beauuuutiful. It's a Mathews Ultra 2...it's blue. The arrows just fly to the target. It's so cool. I've been running the roads with my mom at garages sales and such so I haven't had the time to get out and walk like I should this week. For the first time in 15 months I've only walked twice this week...scary but I know come next Tuesday I should be back into routine. I did shoot two rounds of dart yesterday with the bow...not too cardio vascular but good muscle work out. I'm shooting about 3 pounds higher now. My arm sure can feel it.

JoAnn Welcome to the group! You are just down the road from me. I'm in Coldsprings. I go into to Willis and Conroe all the time.

IdBlond I can relate. I tend to snack on too much cheese..but man, it's delicious.

Again I'm so glad that it looks like it's going to be okay. Keeping you in prayer.

Serene and Tranquil I am so glad you two have each other. It's neat to hear of shared meals and walks with friends. You two are a blessing.

I've missed most of you but I'm off on the run again. Gonna try to get this crew feed so I can skee daddle...

Be blessed and have a super weekend OP.

Love,
Crystle

235/156/240
Closed Thread