Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflymama View Post
Wow Mindi that is a lot on your plate I wish you some stress free days.

As far as baby bedding honestly baby can't even use that stuff till they are toddlers. All they need is a sheet in the crib. I know it looks cute but don't feel you need to get something right away. I loved using sleep sacks for the baby when there were cool nights. I also made the crib sheets for my DS they are super easy to make if you can use a sewing machine.

DH finally got to feel baby moving on Valentines day
Thanks for the advice on the crib stuff!! I've decided all we need are the blankets we'll use for swaddling, etc., and sheets for now. Like you said, the rest of it isn't necessary for a long time yet. That took some weird stress off for sure.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Sakai: I'm worried about my weight, too. However, I don't think my doctor wants to worry about it too much in front of me because of my past history with bulimia. But, I just want to know what's right and what's wrong. They won't tell me yet. And yes, it was surreal seeing the baby bounce around and kick. It made me happy though.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #423  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I always figure that if I just eat healthy. lots of fruit and veggies and whole grains.. not like bread but like brown rice, millet, oatmeal, ect that any weight gain is what is needed for the baby.
WAY harder to do, i found out. When morning sickness hit veggies made me gag, and carbs were the only thing i could stomach, lots of weight gain my 4th month(like 10 pounds). but now I'm stable only 2 pounds last month. I hope to keep stable and hold this weight for a while. lots of veggies and fruit for me.

I didn't want to be one of those ladies who use their pregnacy to eat whatever and however much they wanted for 9 months.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #424  

Sakai: I don't want to be one of those ladies, either. I'm still having nausea, even though I'm 12 weeks. Carbs are most comfortable for me, too.

I really don't want to gain too much. I already have work to do without gaining 50 lbs.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #425  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Mindi and I can both tell you that, beyond eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise, there's nothing you can really do.

I am on track to gain about 45 lbs during this pregnancy. The entire time, I've eaten 1800-2000 cals a day of good, healthy, nutritious food, with limited carbs, lots of veggies, etc. I get 75 min on my treadmill 5x a week, walk the dog 3 miles 5x a week, and strength train for an hour 2x a week, plus do yoga and spend at least one weekend day on a cleaning spree. My midwives made me hide my scale, because it was stressing me out so much, and they knew I was doing everything right. She said that, in her experience, you gain what you're going to gain, and getting stressed about it makes it worse.

Had to take a 2 hour glucose tolerance this morning - yuck. I was STARVING and I honestly can't remember the last time I had 75grams/300 calories of PURE SUGAR in a single sitting. It was nasty and made me feel so gross. BUT it's done now - hopefully I pass, but if I don't, I typically follow a diabetic diet anyway, so it won't make much difference.

We're planning a little "babymoon" on St. Patrick's day weekend - cashing in all kinds of gift certificates, credit card points/miles, etc so that we can do it inexpensively. We're going to take an Irish cooking class for St. Patrick's day, get really fancy spa mani/pedis, and best, I'm getting an 80 min prenatal massage. Thank goodness, because my shoulder is REALLY, really unhappy with me.

Monkey nursery is slowly coming together. We have so many cute accessories, and the most adorable wall sticker my sister found on Etsy.

Sorry that everyone is having such stress. We have it here, too, in lots of ways, but I had to make a mental decision to check out of it as much as I can. I just can't manage this level of tired AND that kind of stress.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

I'm sooooo forgetful for the past three weeks now. I can't remember for the life of me what I learn in math and I forget which classes I even get homework in. I forgot to write a ten page rough draft this week!

I'm just so overwhelmed with everything coming up. I feel like I have soo much to do and not enough time. With moving and now looking for a new car, piled on top of ten page papers, math and criminal justice courses (which I HAVE to watch the news for at least 5 times a week or read online) each week, I just don't even know where to start with anything! I seem to have lost all of my organizational skills.

And on top of the forgetful me coming out, i'm ALWAYS so exhausted now. Even if i don't do anything! No matter how well or long I sleep anymore- i'm always tired and needing a nap by noon.

Third trimester blues have hit. I'm really hoping he's born soon, just not too soon. Blah!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #427  

Keller, I feel you on the forgetfulness and being overwhelmed. My brain has just been non-functional these days!! It's horrible.

As for being overwhelmed...it hit me when I registered online with Target over the weekend. There's a counter on there that tells you how many days are left, and on Saturday it was like 92. Wow. That's really not that long. And we don't even have a crib yet. We have ONE pack of diapers. And so much to do!!

The tiredness hit me this week too and I'm not even in my third trimester JUST yet. I think it's a mixture of stress and feeling totally unprepared.

Yes, Amanda and I can BOTH attest that you can do everything you're supposed to and gain weight. I'm so envious of those of you who have gained little and are still healthy. On another message board I'm a member of, all the ladies due in May have gained like 10 or 15 pounds. And I'm at 28. Hoping to keep it below 40-50, just like Amanda. But we'll see.

None of my previous stress has gone away, and now I'm stressing out about my JOB! They STILL don't have anyone to cover for me while I'm out. They're not even looking or making any sort of plan. I'm trying to just chill out about it, but I don't want it to be a train wreck while I'm gone with people calling me 24/7 when I'm supposed to be on maternity leave.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #428  

Just for fun...here's me at 27 weeks, 2 days....sorry it's so huge

Last edited by MindiV; 02-22-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #429  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday DF and I went to a wellness/toys/gift store in our town. Really nice place (just a bit costly) anyways, i'm looking around, wanting to get going when I spot a stuffed 2 foot caterpillar on top of a shelf. I instantly go for it. Both DF and I are all "aww, so cute!" because one of our first toys as a baby were caterpillars. (kinda cool that we had the same sort of toy as babies.) so DF wanders away and I'm stuck suddenly having a complete meltdown right in the middle of the store.
I still struggle with the thought of keeping the baby even though I know we can't. I suddenly had this feeling of wanting to keep her and bringing her up like we were as kids and giving her all the things we never had and the toys and books that brought us such joy and suddenly fearful that her new family won't know anything about what we want her to have, which is just weird and crazy thoughts to have.
All this over a silly stuffed caterpillar. @.@
DF returned to find me a mess , clutching this toy and felt horrible, even though I didn't tell him any of the feelings i was having, he understood about wanting to pass down traditions. I was able to calm down enough to leave and sit in the car for a bit of a breather.

DF bought the caterpillar for me. This is why I love him. ^.^

MindiV- Cute baby bump! you look so good...I'm just a blob @.@

Last edited by Sakai; 02-22-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #430  

Mindi, I love your bump!

And Sakai: I completely understand your feelings. You have a great DF.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #431  

Awww, Sakai!! Your DF sounds wonderful!! I get upset and my husband just gets mad at me.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #432  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sakai - struggling with this choice is natural. I'm glad you have such a supportive DF who bought you the caterpillar. Maybe you can send it, along with the book you're making, with your little one when she goes to her home?

I've been feeling so negative and cranky lately, so I'm making a rule - I can only complain here about something if I post something positive to go with it.

SO - good thing - passed my glucose tolerance with serious flying colors! Hooray for that! My risk factors for GD were through the roof, so much that I really had just resigned myself to failing, so it was a pleasant surprise.

The bad - I am starting to ACHE. I haven't had the energy to strength train in almost a week, and my back is starting to hurt. NOT a huge fan of the 3rd trimester, to be honest.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Unhappy

Sakai- DF sounds super supportive and awesome! Like manda said, it is completely normal to struggle with this decision and you could send it with her. I've read about birth parents also having the same thing as they send with their baby to their home. So maybe you could but another one to send with her and you keep one as a way of a bond if that's something you feel comfortable doing.

Mindi- I feel HUGE compared to you(but baby boy also stays at the edge of my belly at almost all times)! You have such a cute bump! It sucks that dh still isn't being supportive and coming around. I hope he does soon. And i feel you with the overwhelmed about stuff to do. I can't even begin to paint his nursery until i'm at least 33 weeks depending on when we get the key to our new place, nonetheless set anything up. The only thing i feel ahead of you is that we have what we need, we just can't do anything with it except look at it sit in the dining room. I hope you can start buying stuff you need soon!

Manda- I'm right with you on the third trimester. It seems that everything has gone downhill since hitting it. Blah!

I think I have food poisoning We ate at this new restaraunt around one today and ever since four, TMI but i've had diarrhea, vomiting, cramps and a fever. I called an on-call doctor at my office around dinner. He said take tylenol and get some sleep and to keep a close kick count. He said as long as he's moving and it goes away within 36 hours, not to worry about going in unless I feel dehydrated or have that instinct that something just isn't right. A is still kicking like crazy so i'm not worried as it's the typical symptoms of food poisoning. Really, I just wish I could eat something because i'm hungry but can't even look at food without throwing up. And I have yet to fall asleep- four hours later. DF went to work but he wasn't feeling well either and was starting to run a fever. I'm not expecting him to make it through the night without coming home early.

I'm soo exhausted and my body needs a break! I hope I feel better by morning so I can make it to class.

Last edited by keller237; 02-22-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #434  

Amanda - Yay for passing the test!!! Also having some aches here, and I'm not even into my third trimester yet. Not 'til Saturday or Sunday. But this past weekend it was like a light switch went off on my energy and I can't get it back on!!!

Keller - That's another one of my stresses - the nursery!! I HATE that we don't have a whole room for the baby. I know she won't need one for months...but I just really want her to have one!

Ordered a crib yesterday!! Got a convertible crib in cherry wood with a changing table and little dresser for pretty cheap at Walmart. The crib design wasn't my favorite, but for the price and ALL the furniture it couldn't be beaten.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/BSF-Baby-S...Box-1/16440408
Old 02-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #435  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Here's some info that those of you concerned about weight gain will make you weep. My about to be DIL is due March 28. She has gained 10 pounds, 10 pounds ! She now weighs 97 pounds at 8 months pregnant....and yes she does look pregnant.
Closed Thread