Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Mindi- Hopefully you get an easily treatable answer tomorrow!

My appt got changed to a week from tomorrow instead of this tues. It's the glucose test for GD. Have any of you done this? I'm a little worried I may have it and my doctor said he thinks I may to. He said it's because diabetes runs in my family anyways but always because A and my fundal height was measuring a bit bigger than average.

I've began getting the "OMG when are you due?" now and it's soo annoying!

Gonna call tuesday to schedule a 3d ultrasound at Stork vision. It's about 65 to 70 minutes from where we live but its the closest one. My doctor won't do another 3d since A wouldn't show us his face and we really want to see him! It's so weird to feel him. He kicks and flips literally all day long. I think he bounces off my belly again and again like its a trampoline!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Thanks, Keller. This sounds weird but I'm really hoping for an infection so it can be treated and go away! I don't want to hear "It's pregnancy, get used to it!" I may not make it to May.

I'm also worried about GD, since diabetes runs rampant in my family. I'm supposed to go for my monthly preggo appointment on Feb. 9, and I think we're going to do the test that week or the next week. We'll see what he says.

We've got a Stork Vision place about 40 minutes from us that we're thinking of going to later on. I go back and forth though. Part of me thinks it'll be cool to actually SEE the baby, and another part wants it to be a surprise as to what she actually looks like!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #273  

See that's the thing, even just from the profile, we can tell he looks exactly like his dad so either way it's not a surprise to us. His family has super dominant traits and all the boys look like carbon copies of their fathers. Even DF looks exactly like his father. While none of us on my side look like either of our parents and none of my nieces or nephews look like my siblings. The only thing I get from my dad is his build, teeth and feet and you can't even tell me and my mom are related! But we're choosing stork because how uncooperative he was at the last ultrasound and they do free redos if baby in uncooperative and won't show face! Theres no places in my city anyways so we might as well pick the one with the better offer, even if it's a 20 min longer drive!

Any news Mindi?
Old 01-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #274  

My doctor had "a meeting" so my appointment got pushed back to 3:30 pm. I'm in a foul mood now because it's hurting...he may wish he'd seen me at 9:30!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #275  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Mindi, I hope you get an answer today! Your doctor seems really hard to schedule.

Still keeping on. I ordered a pregnancy pillow because I am waking up stiff every morning, AND I always manage to migrate so I'm laying on my back!

I was in line to use the restroom at a coffee shop, and someone let me go ahead of him, saying "Pregnant women are always first in line!". It was my first public pregnancy acknowledgment from a stranger! We also got a TON of clothes as a gift from a friend, so now we've got a whole mini wardrobe going on. I am feeling very behind, though, because friends of mine who are 6 weeks behind us already have their nursery mostly set and their crib assembled...we have a plan, and are moving slowly toward executing it, but we're NOWHERE near done.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #276  

Heck Amanda, we don't even HAVE a nursery! My husband is putting off buying more than a few baby clothes until after the shower. And he's insisting on starting a budget in February, which doesn't leave a lot of room for baby stuff. He goes through this once a year though...maybe this "budget push" won't last too long again!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #277  

Prewarning and sorry in advance: Long rant involved.

Agreed, We won't even have our nursery until the first week of April so it gives us only a few weeks to put everything together and decorate. I'll be 35 weeks pregnant when we move.

We do however have most of our shopping done. We have the swing, bouncer, travel system and clothes at our apartment in the closets. We ordered the crib, dresser, changing table(DF wanted, i find unneccesary) storage bins, mattresses etc etc BUT it's all on back order and won't be arriving til the end of Feb at the earliest.

Apparently i've been extra moody lately- in reality, people just piss me off.
Please tell me if i'm being b!tchy or if I have a right to be just a bit mad. Here's why:

My sister who said she WAS throwing me a baby shower, now says she won't do it and if I want one she'll only do a welcome home when baby is a month old. I don't want that many people around my kid when he's barely a month old. We both have large families so it would just be ridic! When I get home, i want to settle into our family and a routine. It just pisses me off because it wasn't like "Hey, would you rather do this?" but now i'ts just "Well, i'm not doing it." I don't want a baby shower for gifts and what not. I don't even care to have one to be honest. I just want a time for people to come together to celebrate that we are bringing a child into the world, to celebrate that this baby will be THEIR family as well. But they can't seem to grasp that. It just pisses me off that the whole time- she has said she would do it and now she refuses and it's getting closer to my due date.

Also, DFs family thinks I am because DF claimed his two nieces on taxes since his sister was in jail for over half the year and had her mail sent to our apt. Well, he told his sister that he would split the tax credit with her to help her get back on her feet. I did his taxes for him- as I was taught how to do them by an accountant 5 years ago(and I double checked on 3 websites just to be sure). But because he's get 3000 back for his OWN job/taxes withheld, he excluded that and his own taxes credits(buying a car, loans, etc) and only told his sister how much the tax credit was for the girls- $4700. Well, his family is on a rampage telling him he should have gotten 7900 back for JUST claiming the girls rather than as his whole refund but for three(she has another one that was born after she was released from jail so hes not claiming her), the max he could get is 7000 tax credit because of the tax bracket he was in(I even checked with my dads business accountant.) Split that into 3 and it equals out to 4660 for 2) What really pisses me off, besides the fact that they keep trying to say I don't know how to properly enter information, is the fact that DF won't defend that I did them right and just keeps telling them they are right and that he shouldn't have let me do them and blah blah because he doesn't want to explain that he's not splitting his own portion of the tax money with his sister even though that was the initial agreement. I'm not freaking wrong and they all make me seem incompetent because he won't take 5 minutes out of his time! They won't even talk to me because they think i'm "close-minded" to the fact that I can't be wrong.

UGGGGH. Sorry- it's long. I'm just super freakin annoyed and needed to rant since DF won't listen!

Last edited by keller237; 01-23-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #278  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

The family and I are working together to find a name for her ^.^ Right now I think we've settled on a name we both like and they want to give her my name as her middle name, which the selfish side of me thinks is amazing.

(Long emotional rambling....sorry)
Been having a hard time right now. I've had a very emotional week...mostly at work where I have to fight tears for about 3 hours of my work day. I'm starting to feel weird about the adoption in that I don't want to do it, i want to keep her.
I don't know why I suddenly had such a change. I'm still 100% sure we can't afford her and our lives would change so much if we kept her. We'll have to work different shifts, have different days off from one another (and still have to find a babysitter for 2 days of the week when she's older)
DF is very much against all this...which is kinda weird because he's around me all the time and I don't know a man who wants to be around his woman all.the.dang.time...I think he's just afraid of change.
I also am still 100% sure I don't want to be a parent to a school-age child. keeping my baby is really tempting until i think about her being older and all that comes with it.
I think this is a sign that it's my own selfish feelings coming into play about wanting to be like other new moms.
There are still a few people at work who know I'm pregnant but don't know I'm giving the baby up. I've basically stopped talking about it because 70% of the time they seem to freak out and won't even bring up the fact that i'm (obviously now) Pregnant. And it is nice to have people to talk to about pregnancy questions as they come up.
I don't know if they think it will make me feel bad if they ask about the baby or what? I always tell them right away that I'm still super excited about being pregnant (even more so because we thought we couldn't have a baby)
Luckly though there are a few out there that don't care about the adoption and tackle me every time they see me coming with a question with a million questions of their own, which I never really mind because I'm starving to talk to someone about my June-bug.

I'm also starting to worry about how awkward it's going to be to go right back to work after having the baby if i don't tell everyone that i'm not keeping her. Even now I can't remember who I still need to tell. I'm thinking of just having DF spread the word when he goes back to work after the baby and make sure to tell the people who come up to ask about the baby.
I'm pretty sure I can handle it on my own but really I have no idea what my emotional state will be at that time; and then to have someone wanting to come see the baby or wanting to know what it's like being mom now. I just really don't want to fall apart at work.

I haven't talked to DF about suddenly wanting to keep her. I don't want him to stess out because I know for sure he will want to keep her too...but then remind me why we can't. Then he will feel awful.

Edit: My cousin's wife (The adopting mom) asked us today what we want the baby to call us when she gets older as we may visit often. We have no idea whatsoever. I sorta want her to call us whatever she wants to call us.

Last edited by Sakai; 01-23-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #279  

Sakai, have you looked into any type of counseling services? From what I've heard, the feelings you are having are perfectly normal. It's a struggle to decide to give a child up for adoption, and IMO it's a very brave thing to do to say you're not at a point in your life where you can adequately take care of a child. To me it's the most unselfish thing you can do to say "I'm not prepared, but I want this child to have a wonderful life anyway."

I don't feel comfortable encouraging you to choose either way...but I will encourage you to seek out someone to talk to about what's going on. Not sure if you're involved in the church, but maybe a pastor can help, if you are. If not, what about a message board for moms who are putting or have put a child up for adoption? I'm sure there are some out there that are supportive! There may even be some counseling services you can call for free. Just a thought.

My appointment went ok. After talking to my doctor, I found out I was likely not taking enough Tylenol. I got the smallest dosage of pills, and pretty much gave up after taking two when the pain got really bad. He was ready to order a sonogram of my kidney and all, but I asked him to wait until I tried upping the dosage of Tylenol to his recommended amount. And I'm trying to get on top of it today instead of waiting until it gets too bad to function to try to take anything. If it's not better soon, we'll look at my kidney. But he said it could be a variety of things...a back injury I didn't know I had before that's aggravated by my uterus pushing things around; my body reacting to the weight gain (nearly 30 pounds now)...viable options. Since it only hurts when I'm sitting down, and feels better when I stand up, he leans more toward a "musculo-skeletal" problem over a kidney issue. I've seen my sis-in-law with a kidney stone...no amount of standing or sitting helps those...

Oh, and as for weight...I made a concerted effort to try to reach 2,000 calories a day last week. On my weekly weigh-in...no gain. So I'm gonna try it again this week and see. Maybe I just wasn't eating enough for both me and the baby with my workout rate? Not sure...but that would be nice!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone And thanks Amanda for introducing me to this part of the forum

I was reading through the last few pages, and I feel like all of these stories are a soap opera or something. I think I'm just a weird person because I haven't had any crazy emotions yet (well I did just try to punch my DH because he's pretending I am a talking doll and moving my chin while I'm talking because he thinks it's cute! what a goof) and I still sleep on my stomach. Our bed is a horrible lumpy mess and there is a HUGE divot in the center, so for now I think it's actually okay to lay in it because there is plenty of space for my belly

Okay so "quick" rundown of what's going on with me (I shouldn't lie... it's a doozy):
*Thought I was pregnant through Christmastime but didn't really do anything about it (taking a pregnancy test or such)
*Decided at the beginning of the year because my boobs were hurting SO BADLY that I needed to take a PT just to be sure... and the at home PT said I was indeed pregnant! Went to Planned Parenthood with my DH to confirm and they said I was definitely pregnant
*Immediately called my best friend and told her; then proceeded to tell most of my close friends over the next few weeks (without telling his family or mine)
*JUST YESTERDAY we told our moms. I thought my mom would freak out, but she was super excited I have never heard her have such a calm voice over the phone!!! I just know she is going to LOVE being "Nana" now
*Went to the doctor this Monday (she used to be my gyn a LONG time ago, and she still remembers me! even though it's been over five years and she has moved her practice) and told her about my desire to have a water birth. Her reaction, though weird at the time, made sense after I thought about it for a minute. She said, "If you want to have a water birth... keep it to yourself" At first, I was a little bit upset, but then I saw what she was getting at. Directly prior to this sentence, she told me that all of their patients get forwarded to the Uni hospital and that if I didn't have plans to give birth there that I should let her know ASAP so that my records can get transferred to the appropriate location. I am actually against having a hospital birth at all, but her stance is "we have the technology, why not use it?" My stance is "we didn't have the technology for centuries, and we got here somehow!" I'm just against laying on my back and having weird people peer into my nether regions and me not being able to swat them away.
*Trying to apply for jobs, but mostly given up hope. I am as far along as 11 weeks, as "short" along (LOL) as 8. I really don't feel like pretending I'm "just fat" for the next 2-3 months and then saying "by the way, I'm pregz" and then having them look at me like I've sprouted two heads. Especially since my degree is in engineering and LOTS of engineering jobs are in manufacturing settings.
*Trying to apply for public assistance... sigh... DH and I are already on EBT (food stamps) and since january started we are making about 1/3 less money than we were in december. going in for my WIC appt tomorrow, crossing my fingers...
*REALLY want to be a work-from-home-mom!!!!!! I am a consultant with Mary Kay and I know of lots of other women who have worked this jobs in all frames of pregnancy/kids. Current job is retail and I love the store discount I get a Lane Bryant but I can already feel the pregnancy tiredness creeping in on me. Plus, working 4 hours a week at minimum wage, I'm essentially ready to cut my losses and just share the 4 hrs with someone who needs it and focus on being the work-from-home-mom (put those good habits into practice now so I can stick it out a year from now, right?)
*Feel lucky not to have vomiting with my morning sickness, only some nausea!
*Still exercising (or trying to) but I have let my eating habits slide slightly... back to having carbs (though I need to remind myself not to go crazy... had 5 packs of easy mac today!) but have pretty much maintained my -30 lbs since last August
*Due mid-August/early September

PHEW that is all (isn't that enough???)

I enjoy hearing you lovely ladies' stories, glad to know I'm not the only one with wacky friends/family!!!! for everyone!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #281  
Moderating Mama

Keller - I'm sorry it has been so frustrating! Can you ask someone else to take on hosting duties for the shower?

Mindi - how is the extra Tylenol working for you? Any improvement?

Bianca - Just wait! I was tired, but otherwise OK until about week 20. Then the uncomfortableness started to really kick in.

We made some GREAT progress on moving toward having a set up nursery in the past 2 days. We ordered our crib, moved the treadmill out of the nursery and into its new home in the old guest room, got the baby's closet cleared out except for his stuff (we have SO MANY CLOTHES! It's ridiculous), took some stuff out to Goodwill, etc. I feel like I'm much more in control now!

I'm currently getting the heck kicked out of my insides - active baby tonight. Sarah's dad/one of baby's grandpas recorded himself reading Winnie the Pooh when his twins were in utero with the surrogate (she used to play the twins their voices, so the twins would know their voices), and he sent it down to us, so we played it for the little guy since I knew he was awake. He calmed down while it was playing, but now he's awake again!

Oh, and I got myself a pregnancy pillow! I had a GREAT night of sleep last night and woke up way less stiff and sore than I had been.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #282  

Biana- Welcome to this thread. A little boring? Just wait! It's gotten better as the times have gone by. Do you have a due date yet? Or an expected due date i guess? I feel like my life is a soap opera. Both mine and DF's families are large(Minimum of any one family within his family is 7 people, max of like 13 and mine all have at least 5 if they have kids)

Manda- I don't want to ask anybody. I want somebody to offer and not feel like i'm impeding. I don't even care to have one but DF really wants one. I just don't want the drama. I just want my family to recognize that my son will be a part of their familes to. Is that to much to ask for?

I mean, throughout the 25 1/2 weeks so far, only his sister in law has even bothered to ask how me or A is doing. But yet his sister is pregnant and they give her a place to stay and free stuff and the whole works. They didn't even have the decency to say "congrats" on finding out we were having a child or to mention anything when we found out he's a boy. just thought they had the right to be pissed that we didn't personally call them to tell each of them. Also, they're pissed because they think they have the right to be in the room when I give birth and told me it's not MY choice---- Huh? NOOO! Me, DF and the doctors/nurses will be the only ones there.

Ugh, i just want to strangle them all. We've been living together since Nov 2010 and now all of a sudden his family all have a problem with me, can't stand me and claim i'm taking him away from his family. I'm having his child and marrying him. They need to understand that it's no longer all about them but also about the family that he's created. I really need a ****!ng punching bag tonight. Excuse the language. But i'm beyond heated!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #283  
Moderating Mama

Deep breath!

It is SUPER FRUSTRATING when family doesn't meet our expectations of what we'd like them to be. My MIL (the baby's grandma, for hecks sake) has not acknowledged our little guy at all (except once, to say to Sarah "I hope she's not cleaning the litterbox"...literally, that's it). We sent her an "It's a Boy" mug for Christmas, and we called on Christmas and asked if she'd gotten her presents, and she just said "yes"...nothing about him being a boy. Which meant my wife spent part of Christmas morning sobbing in the bathroom. So trust me, I get it. But at least I don't have to live with her!

Maybe if your DF really wants the shower, he can put out feelers on who can host? Or talk to your SIL for you? You don't need to stress about all of this stuff!

One key to my sanity has been making Sarah in charge of dealing with her family. That means if we have an issue with them, or even if they have an issue with me, it's SARAH'S issue. So if they're giving you crap about how you're taking him away or whatever, HE needs to tell them that it is flat-out unacceptable. When it comes to conflict between me and her family, she and I will talk about it and try to arrive at a compromise or solution that works for everyone, but ultimately, she's willing to go to bat for me if I need her to. And I do the same for any drama with my family - if it's my blood, it's my issue!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #284  

That's the issue. He won't deal with it. He's always been the one to try and please his family- especially his mother who is freakin crazy! He won't do or say anything that will upset her because she was verbally abusive all of his childhood and anything he says sets her off into angry rages. He tries to keep it calm- but he doesn't think about how his decisions affect other people and then it starts even more drama. I just avoid them but somehow they always bring me into the situations and blame everything on me and he doesn't even take into account how I should feel about them because he thinks it's just his family to deal with when in reality, that practically is my MIL, FIL, BIL. Etc and if i'm the cause of "their family problems" I think I should have some feelings in the situation.

His SIL lives in Cali while we live in Nebraska. I just don't care anymore. I'm over the shower. If he wants it, whatever but I want nothing to do with it. But more so, I don't want our families together. Our parents have never met each other and I plan to keep it that way.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #285  

The Tylenol helped when I took it first thing in the morning, Amanda...but by 1 pm (6 hours later) it was so bad again that it didn't help a lot. I've gotta see how often I can take it. Says every 4 to 6 hours on the bottle, but that's for 2 tablets. The doctor said to take 3.

I'm still sleeping mostly on my belly too!

Not just a ton of movement the past few days. Well, at the basketball game I was covering last night she was moving a lot - and kicking my bladder!! Hard to take photos of a game when you have to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes!!

I'm getting frustrated with my husband. He's not invested in this at all. I keep talking to him about all we need to do...and he's not interested in helping with any of it. I was even trying to get a ballpark figure on what we want to spend on a crib, and he won't discuss it at all. His response to everything is "Wait until after the shower, we'll worry about it then." But I don't want to wait until April to get stuff figured out!!
Closed Thread