Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #376  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Just for reference, this was our 7 week ultrasound - clear gestational sac, TINY baby in there, but enough to measure to determine dates exactly.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

How did your ladies appointments go this week? All good news i'm hoping!

Does anybody know whent they are supposed to turn head down? A has been down for almost two weeks now without changing positions again(other than his kicks and whatnot.) He started turning down around our 22 week ultrasound, but has been steady down since a little before 26 weeks at my last appointment. Is this normal? What did your doctors/midwives tell you? My nurse told me it's a little early still.

After a couple days of laziness, A is back to kicking all day long. We had a private 3d ultrasound done yesterday and he showed his face this time! I wanted to see penis just to make sure it's a boy still but he wouldn't spread his legs. He slept most of it but turned anytime she jabbed at my stomach. He only cooperated for about fifteen minutes but it was better than just seeing a butt like last time.

The ultrasound also showed that he has practically cuddled up with the placenta.

Racrane- I'm sorry that your family isn't supporting you during this tough time and you do have every right to be upset like Mindi set. It's your choice and others shouldn't have major influence on what you do. While being selfish, they don't take your feelings into consideration. If you go through with adoption, have you thought about who would raise your child? Would you find an outside family? If the option arised, would you let somebody else in your family take responsibility? I know it's harder done than said but don't put all your focus on what your parents think, focus on whats best for you, Kyle and your son or daughter.

Bianca- Along with the picture Manda showed, my ultrasound at 6 weeks also showed a clear sac and baby. I'm hoping that your BP goes back down. Did the pain go away then? I really hope your feeling better.

Last edited by keller237; 02-11-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

My ultrasound picture was also like that, a tiny sac and an even tinier baby.

I apologize for ranting earlier in the week, too. As for the adoption, I have signed on with an agency because if I did go through, I really like them. I also really like this one particular family who lives close by (I've never met them) and are very enthusiastic about welcoming the birth mother into their future baby's life. They love the idea of visitations and such. I really would need that to see that I made the right decision.

Anyway, I see a counselor in a hour so I'm glad to rant to her.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

I personally will never do an ultrasound prior to 7-8 weeks (unless I was in severe pain) due to an early loss I had with my second pregnancy and a back and forth for U/S and a things don't look good/things may be ok for a few weeks. it was really stressful. Anyway I did go for a dating ultrasound at what could have been 7-11 or so weeks and I was 11 weeks and we saw a bouncing around baby, well looked a bit like an alien But had a big head, arms, legs, body, HB etc. Was even moving around arms and legs. Dating U/S are most accurate prior to 13 weeks.

Anyway all is good here, baby is moving and kicking around daily. DS got to feel the baby kick 3 times last night and he giggled (so cute) then my or his tummy rumbled and he said "I just heard the baby burp" hahaha DH has yet to feel the baby but I have felt the baby on the outside a bunch of times

I ordered the stroller the other night! It was on sale and my mom paid for half. Can't believe there is only like 4 mons left!

Hope everyone is healthy.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I got a nice baby swing yesterday. Retails for $150, and I got it barely used for $50 from a girl in town. Her baby girl didn't like it and used it literally once. Good deal! Today I picked up a couple of outfits. Still need more stuff, but have to wait for after the shower. Decided today that we're going to register at good ole generic Target and Walmart. Target has a bunch of stuff that we need, so maybe we'll get lucky and get most of it.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #381  

Thank you everyone for your support. It means a lot.

I myself am still very confused, especially as I am the only person now who thinks adoption is the best choice. My boyfriend is completely against it now, as are his parents and my whole family.

So, I am taking a two week "break" and not thinking about what to do, but just relaxing and thinking about school. I am just worrying constantly and that's no good. I am just going to take care of myself first and worry about opinions later.

I am very excited about my 12 week ultrasound this Tuesday. What should I look for in that ultrasound? I don't know how much I will be able to see.

Do Target, Walmart, etc have good, affordable baby stuff, Mindi?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #382  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Racrane- Look for a heartbeat and movment ^.^ that's about all you're gonna see at 12 weeks. They'll make all kinds of measurements to make sure you're at 12 weeks. It'll even narrow it down to how many days you are too. Like when I went in to get my 12 week ultasound...I was really 14 weeks and 3 days.
It sucks when all you can think about is opinions, it was such a great weight off my shoulders once I knew for sure what I was going to do. Then I was able to sit back and enjoy my pregnacy.

I think it's outragious (sp) what your parents a saing to you. "I don't expect you to be happy." would of been my answer (But I'm a bit of a smart @ss) I would also limit contact with them from that point on because they are just feeding me negativity (but that's also just me)
My Df's Mother is very much against adoption and if he ever went against it too I would have to honestly admit that it would end the relationship. It's his baby to and I respect that and he can keep her if he wants to, but I would send him on his way. it may seem heartless but it is my life I have to think about too, not just what everyone else is gonna think. I couldn't care less about what everyone is gonna think. They don't have my life. They don't have my goals and my dreams.
I think you haveta really want to be a parent and know all that comes with it. Life will never be the same and for most that's just great, for me it's a nightmare...a nightmare I will never wake up from.

Your breather will do you good. Think about where you want to go. Think about your goals and dreams and your life as a parent. Your goals might change, they might not. You have until the baby is born to make your choice so don't let people pressure you, it's not healthy for you or the baby.

One thing I do have to say though and I'm sorry if I'm over stepping a line is...If your BF is not supportive of you and what you want and need at this hard time....well that just says a lot about his character and what kind of person he is. He, his family and your family are being greedy about their own emotions and that's just ugly, nasty and unnessasary. - when I posted on my facebook letting everyone I know, know about the baby and the adoption i said "I don't expect you to agree or even support me in this choice but I do expect you to respect it." In a nutshell, keep your arguments against my choice to yourself. Because it's my life, my baby, my choice. Only two people have a say in what is going on with this baby, me...and they are not the second one. /rant
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #383  

Thank you, Sakai. You wrote a really good message, thank you!

As for my boyfriend, personally, it's hard to explain but he has *always* wanted the baby. I knew that when I found out I was pregnant. He realizes that logically adoption is the best answer for us. But emotionally, he wants this baby so bad. I agree with him; I want the baby, too. It kills me to even think of adoption, but I feel it's right of me to consider it knowing where I am in life.

He is very worried about me, because I've been crying hysterically every day and been having meltdowns constantly. He really thinks it would break me to see another couple keep out child. I can't say for sure, but I know it'd hurt me. So, he really thinks keeping the child would be the best answer for us. It's not that he is against the adoption in spite of me. He just think it's the best choice. I don't know how to explain it, really. He's not against me to spite me, but he is very concerned about my well-being, especially because I've been having panic attacks every day.

Edited to add: My family, though, is being very nasty indeed. I understand my boyfriend's feelings, but my family is another story entirely.

Last edited by racrane; 02-12-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #384  

Racrane- I really feel for you and your boyfriend. It is a very difficult decision to make and I think a breather is a good idea. Do you and your bf have the chance to work through stuff with a counselor? Sometimes a third party can help each person see were the other is coming from and also to help with all the really strong emotions. I don't think your BF is being unfair in expressing his desire to keep his baby. Yes we as mother's are carrying the baby but it is also the mans baby too and keeping, giving up or losing a baby effects bother mother and father. I would really hate to be put in a position were I had to choose between my DH and my DS, losing one to keep the other would be extremely painful.

You both do have lots of time to figure out what to do and to listen to what each other is going through. I wish you both lots of peace. I am also sorry your family is being so selfish and hurtful, it must be hard on them as well but in a different way and they should be a sounding bored for you and then express their hurts to someone else and find support for themselves from someone other then you.

Enjoy your U/S and keep us posted! Oh and at 12 weeks they totally look like an alien baby and you should get a nice picture to keep
Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Racrane, after looking at Target and Walmart, I found that Target has a better selection, but Walmart's is way more affordable.

Totally sick right now. My coworker who refused to go home passed it on. And my doctor says not to take anything for it unless I run a fever. So I'm on Chloraseptic spray and throat lozenges.

Oh, but the co-worker apologized. That makes it ALLLLLL better.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Apparently my family has turned on me now as well as my fiances family. I was told today that I'm ignorant, incompetent of making proper decisions and not ready to get married or raise a child. Basically, they all ganged up and put it nicely that. They think I'm a screw up and don't have my priorities straight.

I have everything i need for my son, I'm in school to make a better life for my own family but simply going for school isn't enough. I guess I need to work more than one job, full time classes and then I can think about moving to a two bedroom apartment and buying a safe car for my son to ride in.

Family can be so damn judge mental and frustrating. I think I will be avoiding my own family as well from now on(mainly my sisters and my cousin in on this.) . If they don't want to be there for me now, they don't deserve to be here when he is born just to "critique" my lifestyle and how he is raised. A couple months don't make any difference to me. If this is how they feel now, it isn't going to change before he comes.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #387  

I'm so very sorry, Keller. Family can be terrible. *Hugs* and I'm thinking of you.

Butterflymama: Thank you. I do have lots of pictures now, but I don't know how to scan. I just have a laptop. My boyfriend stole the best two shots - I did offer him whichever one he wanted - so maybe he can scan them onto his computer.

And it was amazing to see today. The little baby was napping when she first started poking my stomach and he/she immediately started doing headstands and kicking. It was quite entertaining. Anyway, it made me very happy that everything's normal and well.

I had the worst dream last night. I dreamed I killed a puppy! Who dreams that???

I hope you feel better, Mindi!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

There is a new baby coming into my family, too, I am not the Mother but she will be close to me.
Has anyone bought a car seat yet? I know some hospitals will not let you take the baby home without a carseat. If you have your carseat, where did you get it, what brand is it, and how much ? I thought I might get one for the shower. This couple doesn't have a thing, they don't have a clue... it is not a question of money, they just have never had a baby before.

Last edited by bargoo; 02-14-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #389  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Something I noticed for the past 3 weeks....I'm pregnant in my dreams now. LOL

I think DF is avoiding calling his mother. Df was suppose to ask his mother for family pictures 3 weeks ago. He has a project where he's making a nice photo album of my family and his to send with the baby so that she can see where she came from (By request of the adoptive mother even) DF lost much of his childhood pitures in a flood many years ago, but i"m sure his mother knows of extended family who has pitures of DF when he was a kid, he's pretty sure he's seen them. But he keep putting it off and it's really weird. Though we suspect that DF's mother believes were not giving the baby up even though I anounced that I did...I think he's afraid to talk to her and I'm kinda nervious as well. I have a great, wonderful relationship with my soon to be Mother-in-law but she was very, very upset and angry when we first told her we're giving up the baby (we told her first before most everyone else) I try not to stress about it because it makes DF angry with his mother, which is also hard to see.
but with the baby due in 4 months, he needs to get on the ball because it will take a bit of time to gather pictures of various family members. >.<...I'm gonna go bug him right now.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #390  

Keller - Sorry your family is being so opinionated about your life and not supporting you

racrane - yeah for good ultrasound and active baby

Sakai - The book of pictures of the family is such a lovely idea

Bargoo- congrats on the new baby coming into your family As far as car seats there are lots of choices. I will be getting my DS a new seat and handing down his seat to the baby. It really depends on if they want a bucket seat or not (most people find the bucket easier at first since they come out of the car and you can carry them and snap them into a stroller. I actually don't like them for those reasons Anyway Babies R Us is a good place to start. They can help show you what is available. I would pick a seat that has the highest rear facing weight and height limits as it is safest to keep baby rear facing as long as possible. I rear faced my DS till he was just over 3.

The baby was being very active last night and DH got to feel him/her a few times last night for the first time I took my GD test on Monday but am pretty sure I will fail it.
Closed Thread