Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #571  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Mindi - glad everything was OK. It was likely just what my midwife called a "cervical nosebleed" - basically, a blood vessel on your cervix breaks and you get some bleeding.

Keller - I'm sorry you're so frustrated. There is a big body of research out there to indicate that babies do best after 37 weeks, so you're almost to term - hopefully they'll let you get moving after you reach that milestone.

Sakai - I am definitely walking different. Baby boy is head down FOR SURE. He's also starting to kick my ribs, and other organs that feel like they might be important.

Racrane - congrats on the boy!

Butterfly - I am a bit puffy, too. Don't want to take my rings off quite yet, but I can tell that we're getting close to not having a choice on that point!

I am EXHAUSTED. We had a wonderful shower, but it was after a week FULL of houseguests, lots of cleaning (it ended up being held at our house because our house has more space than either host's house), and I was on my feet a lot. Then immediately after the shower, Sarah got super sick, so I had to take care of her and do all the cleanup/setup.

On the good side, though, the house is now clean, and all the baby stuff is washed and put away. We have one more big order of Amazon stuff coming today and tomorrow, and our car seat has to get here (it's in transit right now), but we should be really ready to go in under a week. Of course, I know that being prepared early means he'll decide to come late...because he's stubborn!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #572  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Amanda, the doctor told me to take it easy on my workouts, which stinks. Mostly because I was already taking it as easy as I wanted to. My elliptical was set at zero resistance, and I wasn't pushing too hard, and my weights were down to below 30 pounds too. So I can't lessen that much more than I already have.

Gonna have to give up the elliptical in favor of walks at night I guess, which doesn't make me happy. The only time I have energy during the day is after a workout, and it's too dark to walk outside at 5 am.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #573  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Manda- at his office they have to schedule inductions 7 to 10 days ahead which would have made me days past the 37 week mark and had been our plan from around 26 weeks. But now that he thinks I'm two weeks off because of the nurse, I can't be induced until the beginning of 39 (and thats only if he figures out that ill be 37weeks3days at the next appointment)in which case I don't even see a point rather than waiting until the due date just days later. I'm just worried that if he's measuring two weeks ahead I'm gonna end up with a c section- which was also another reason for induction. I wouldn't want him to come too early- but at this point he's measuring the size of a bit bigger than a 38 week baby and he said his lungs were fully developed.

Moreso I think I'm just frustrated because he wouldn't check to make sure the nurse got the wrong date or check for dilation after saying he would. He just flat out ignored everything I said. He won't even talk about a birth plan or birth control.with me yet when realistically this baby could come at any point. My last pregnancy he didn't act like this at all so ill probably be getting a new doctor if i ever get pregnant again.

On the bright side- His room is now completely finished, organized and we bought the last things we need like diapers, wipes, soap, etc We even bought him about ten books so we can read to him everynight after he's born like our parents did us. I got my favorite "I'll love you forever" and he got his favorites too. Do any fo you ladies have "rituals" from when you were growing up that you plan on doing with the little ones?

Last edited by keller237; 04-10-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #574  

I definitely want to read to her!! Growing up we didn't have a lot of things like that, and there are some I want to start with our little girl. Like baking cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve and stuff. But reading is a must.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #575  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad everything is ok, Mindi!

I am really surprised how active this baby is. I feel pokes and jabs constantly. The doctor said it's normal. Even when she tried to get his heartbeat he kept moving from one side to the other. I'm happy he's healthy, though.

Keller: As far as rituals, reading too! My dad read me his theology books (he's a professor) when I was an infant and he says that's the reason I started to read so early. But reading is a wonderful bonding time.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #576  

Well I am working out this morning...just for less time. We will see how it goes...
Old 04-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #577  

So apparently working out wasn't the problem. Did a light workout this morning before 6 am. Shorter time, no resistance on elliptical, and light weights. Didn't break a sweat and kept my heart rate lower. No issues at all. Fast forward about 6 hours, and I'm having some slight pink discharge. Not a ton, but it's there.

Guess it's a good thing I see the doctor in the morning (for another reason - ear cleaning. Fun). I'll bring it up then I guess.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #578  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sarah reads to Spencer NOW, before we go to bed. Reading is very important to us, so we've done it from the point where we knew his ears could hear us.

I am really having a rough week. I'm sore and stiff, and that's to be expected, but Sarah is absolutely miserably sick with some kind of stomach virus that she's been down with since Sunday, so I have to take care of everything - keep the house picked up, visit my elderly grandparents, make sure she's getting fluids and that we have something to eat, etc. It isn't anyone's fault - no one feels worse about being laid up than she does - but man, all I have wanted to do since the craziness of last week was put my feet up, and I still can't,because there's so much to manage. Trying to do laundry and pick up in between work meetings. I cut my cardio back a bit, just because I'm so darned tired.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #579  

Manda- I hope you catch a break soon and get a chance to rest!!! And That Sarah gets well soon too.

Mindi- What did your doctor say at the appointment? Hope you got some answers.

We finally went on a tour of the hospital. I've been in the rooms before but not since they've done the updating to the unit. Man, it is nice! They have two rooms with large whirlpool tubs which go to mothers who want to do it natural or try for natural so if empty, theres a good chance I will get one of those rooms. You can't do a waterbirth in them as the hospital doesn't prvide the staff to do so and my doctor won't either but you can lay in them and relax and relieve contractions until you are 8-9cm I was told.

Last edited by keller237; 04-12-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #580  

He didn't say much. I told him the second round of bleeding was very, very minor, and hasn't been back since. He said call if any more occurs, and so far today everything is fine, pregnancy-wise. My ears, though...MAN I didn't realize they were so stopped up. I feel like a new person with brand new ears!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #581  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Mindi: I'm glad that everything's okay.

Keller: I want to take a tour of my hospital! When can you do that? I kind of want to use the whirlpool tubs when I'm in labour. I always take a bath to relax me when I'm stressed and because it works for me, I think it'll help. Water is very healing.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #582  

Our hospital does tours twice a week. You can go at anytime throughout the pregnancy. Check with your local hospitals. Explore options too. We only have one other choice and while they won't turn you down they have a Catholic view and look down upon those who aren't married. So to avoid that stigma while I'm in labor I'm avoiding that hospitals. Birthing centers are great options for water births but we don't have any within two hours of here.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #583  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I'm feeling pretty down as of late. Lots of tears almost everyday.

I know it's getting worse as the birth is getting closer. Suddenly I realize that this little girl is leaving and I'm not gonna feel her moving around in there anymore. And for some reason this is very hard for me.

I'm afraid of what i'm going to do when I come home with no baby. Will i be okay, or a big mess?
Hormones don't help >.<
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #584  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi everyone - sorry I'm like a ghost lately. I've been super busy lately - work is chaotic like usual. We've still not gotten a closing date for our house so I'm quite impatient over that, but trying not to be too crazed over it. I've been doing my best to clean the rental up bit by bit and pack the house up slowly. I kind of feel like I've got everything but the bare essentials packed. I'm hoping we close in the next two weeks. Not being able to settle into a house and set up a nursery is driving me wild. I'm trying to be patient and not pester my husband too much -- but I'm not that successful keeping myself in line.

Mindi -- I'm glad everything is A-ok with you. You're baby will be here in no time.

Keller -- You're almost to the end, hopefully your Dr. will be more attentive at your next appt.

I'm not quite ready to tour the hospital yet... but I have set up an appt to interview a pediatrician next Friday. I'm hoping I like her...
Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #585  

Sakai, hugs to you! I can't imagine how hard it will be. Have you thought about looking into support programs for moms of babies that were adopted? Even an online message board might help, kinda like 3FC
Closed Thread