Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #346  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I've been in bed for two days with back issues, blech. It's happened before but I've always been able to take Advil and use heating pads before. It's getting better, but it's lonely laying in bed listening to my little guys playing with daddy. I feel left out.

/pity party

Last edited by Gale02; 02-04-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #347  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

BiancaSimone - the due date they'll determine at an earlier ultrasound (before 12 weeks) is A LOT more accurate than what they can get at 20 weeks. I'd find another doc.

Gale - sorry your back is hurting! That sucks. Just think that if you take care of it now by resting, you'll be better able to play with your little guys later.

As for me - cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. And more cleaning. Later, though, we're going to reward ourselves with pedicures...ahhh.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Bianca- I would also find another doc. The first trimester ultrasound is way more effective at determining due dates.

I'm over emotional and want to cry about everything today. Its so frustrating because df thinks I just over react when I can't control myself. Ugh!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #349  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Good evening ladies! So I've been a very busy girl the last few days. We found out Weds morning that we're having a boy and my feet haven't hit the ground since I registered for baby presents, went with my Mom to pick out fabric for a baby blanket/bedding/curtains, and went to a consignment store and bought a ton of 12m winter/fall clothing; it was on a super sale. I didn't actually intend on buying anything there, just getting an idea of what they had so that I could fill in whatever I needed after the baby shower. It's just they had the fall/winter clothing at 15 items for $10... I couldn't resist (not that I tried very hard).
Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #350  
Moderating Mama

Woooo! Welcome to team Boy!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #351  

Yay team Boy!! I think we're taking over!

I went to the consignment store last week and did the same sparkle. Except ours were 17 cents for onesies and shirts, 25 cents for pants and even some shorts and 45 cents for outfits so we probably got at least 45 things. We've actually gotten quite a bit of stuff from the second hand stores- most still had the store tags on them too.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I didn't get anything bought this weekend, but my sister-in-law and I are supposed to go register for baby stuff on Wednesday afternoon. I say "supposedly" because she's made plans with me multiple times over the past five years and never ONCE followed through. So we'll see.

Well, I guess I technically did buy one thing. A lady here in town had a little girl about six months ago, and has a really, REALLY nice swing that the baby just didn't like. She paid $150 for it...I'm getting it for $50 and the baby used it once. Good deal there...
Old 02-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

I'm glad everyone overall had a good weekend!

My morning sickness is still bad. I had plain baked potatoes all weekend, because that's all I could stomach. I really hope this goes away in two weeks. (That's when I hit the 2nd trimester.)
Old 02-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #354  

My doctor frustrates me. I called this morning, like he said to, to set up my glucose test for this week. Nurse just called me back. Apparently I'm no longer 26 weeks pregnant. No longer 25 weeks either. She said I can't have that done 'til I'm at least 25 weeks, so apparently I'm back to my 24th week. I may go to my appointment Thursday and ask him to do a pregnancy test. I mean, he's not sure on my due date or how far along I am at all...is he even sure I'm pregnant?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #355  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I'm getting ready to go into my ultrasound, and just got done at the OB. I'm 21 weeks today, and gained 5 lbs this month (!). I'm up 15 lbs total so far, not anything to worry about. Within my limits, at least. I'm looking forward to seeing how little dude has grown in the past month!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #356  

Gale- Hows your back doin? And howd the ultrasound go? I don't get anymore unless theres some kind of issue. I may get one more if I do end up getting induced early but not otherwise.

Mindi- I'm sorry your doctor is so frustrating and you don't have much choice in your area. Could they not tell how far along you were at the multiple ultrasounds they have done? When you sit down with him on thursday, explain how frustrating it is that you don't know where you are with him and that he doesn't know where you are in youre pregnancy as your so far into it already. Ask for an exact due date from him on what you should be following now and then what testing etc will need to be done, when. i always hope your SIL pulls through for the registry.

Racrane- I'm praying for the morning sickness to go away for you. Mine was bad til 20 weeks but even now I still am nauseas almost everyday and puking at least two to three times a week. Bleck!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #357  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Playing music for the baby right now to see if it gets her moving. So far nothing. Doc appointment on thrusday so hopefully everything checks out okay. Also got the papers i need to take time off of work. I don't know why but I'm nervious about taking so much time off of work (even though it's only going to be about 2 and half weeks unless the doc says otherwise.)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #358  

Keller, I had a very early ultrasound because I was having 45+ day cycles, so my last period wasn't an indicator of how far along I was. I KNEW when I ovulated, and the 4 week ultrasound matched my date exactly: May 21. Then at the 18 week sonogram the baby was measuring a week ahead, so they said I was due May 13, making me 26 weeks this week, or with my original due date, 25 at least. I don't know where they're getting 24. But I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his nurse is just an idiot who can't count or read paperwork. I'll take your advice and talk to him Thursday at my appointment about everything...

I honestly doubt my SIL will pull through. I figure I'll end up going alone. No fun in that at all!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Sakai: I'm a musical theater major so I sing a lot. I've trained with several voice teachers who have kids. They've all said while they were pregnant their babies would kick and move around a lot while they sang. So maybe instead of playing music, you could sing yourself? I don't know, just a thought. I have an appointment on Thursday, too. I hope yours goes well.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #360  
Moderating Mama

Quote:
I'm a musical theater major so I sing a lot. I've trained with several voice teachers who have kids. They've all said while they were pregnant their babies would kick and move around a lot while they sang.
Racrane - Want to prepare you for something (I know none of the baby books said anything to me about this!). Preggo hormones knocked about 3/4 of an octave off the top of my range. Apparently it's the relaxin relaxing vocal chords, or something...I have another pregnant friend who sings, and she found the same thing. So I Googled it, and it does eventually come back! I discovered this when singing in the car, I was singing along with something normally sort of near the top of my range but totally reachable, and I couldn't hit any of it. So be prepared!

Midwife appointment this morning. It's with the one I don't like, but I'm trying to come around to her, because let's face it, if there are 3 midwives that rotate being on call, and I don't like one, that's totally the one that will be on call when Spencer's born.
Closed Thread