Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #556  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

The only reason I can think of for him not putting me on appointments every other week is because I've had like zero complications so far. But still...if he says another four weeks from today, then I'll be past the point to do a lot of stuff. He said he wants another sonogram around 34 or 35 weeks to make sure she has turned. So it makes sense for an appointment two weeks from now.

We'll see...I go at 9:30
Old 04-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #557  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Keller: LOL I love that "pregnancy sidekicks" ;-)

You ladies ALL ROCK I'm only halfway there, totally excited for you Spring Mamas who are about to be full term! I'm just barely a Summer Mama... and of course my baby will be arriving in the HOTTEST PART OF THE YEAR (August)... I plan on making lots of maxi dresses in the near future! I doubt I'd feel like wearing anything anyway ;-)
Old 04-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #558  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Keller - we're baby shower date buddies! I finally found something to wear that doesn't make me feel like a house. So that's something!

I am trying not to panic about the state my house is in. So many houseguests, and the shower is tomorrow. But I took some maternity shots yesterday, which did turn out pretty well - if I get the nerve, I'll post them.

On the negative side, oy, my back, my hips!!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #559  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Manda- with 75 degree weather for a month now, mine will be an out BBQ/hangout more so than games so there is no cleaning or anything to do. Were gonna do rye dye instead. Df wanted to be involved so that's why but just means i don't have to do a thing!!! My dads grilling n setting up and a couple of sibs will take it all down. I don't thinknid be much help anyways with my big belly hitting everything. I bought a flowy but still fitted dress to wear. Glad u got something u like!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #560  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I just wanted to let everyone know it's a boy. And a very proud one at that. He was more than happy to show off and kept his legs wide open, lol. The ultrasound was wonderful and now I'm very happy that all is going well.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #561  

Post some, Amanda!!! I'm not having any taken, so I have to live vicariously through other preggo ladies' pictures!!!!

Contracts on the boy Racrane!!! How exciting!

Well the verdict is in....my next preggo appointment is in...

3 weeks.

I'll be at the very end of week 36 when I go back, and he says I'll go weekly starting at "full term," which is 37 weeks. At the next appointment we'll do my Group B Strep test.

He said he wanted to do another sonogram maybe next week. I've got to call and make an appointment to go back and get my ears flushed. Turns out there's so much of a wax buildup that he's surprised I can hear. He said we'd set up the sonogram then. So...no date on that yet.

We talked some about breastfeeding. He said there's no place around here to rent a good pump, so looks like we'll just be out a TON of money if it doesn't work out. Talked about epidurals and things. He said if I was to go into labor in the next 10-12 days they'd try to stop the contractions, but after that if they start, then she's coming.

Oh, and DH has started talking about wanting to have one more to try for a boy. I told him let's let Laney get here, then give it six months and see if we still feel the same. If so we want to start trying again around that time, so if all went well I'd have our second and final child at 32. Not too old there.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #562  

Mindi- did u get the ultrasound booked? Hopefully baby girl doesn't come too early!

Yay for boys Racrane they do tend to let it all hang out!

Party/shower went great AND our families surprisingly got along very well even though they are so different. Baby boy descended down all the way into the birth canal and hasn't been kicking as much so i think he's really getting ready. I'm getting a bit nervous.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #563  

Wow, keller!! Can't believe it's so close!!

No ultrasound booked yet. I've got to go back this week for an ear flushing, and we'll talk about it then. Hopefully this week sometime.

I went to the store and a couple of other places last night. At the store I ran into my sister-in-law. I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks and she can't believe how big I've gotten. At night the bump goes straight out in front of me. She said she agreed with her mom (my MIL), who apparently said that the fatigue and all have hit me so fast they don't think I'll make it anywhere close to May 21. They're guessing more like the first week of May.

Then a lady at the second store we went to asked when I was due. I told her May 21 and she just gave me a look and said, "If that's your due date, that baby must be reaaaallly long." Not sure what that meant....
Old 04-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #564  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Racrane on the boy

Mindi it is strange that your Dr. isn't at visits every 2 weeks. My midwives go to every 2 weeks starting at 28 wks even with no complications and then every week starting at 34 or 36 weeks.

The other night baby was kicking some big kicks and rolling and stretching and it was really hurting. Now tonight he/she is being lazy, had some nice big kicks earlier today and some squiggles and prods throughout the day but not much this evening. Also today on our drive home from my mom's after being in the car for 2.5 hrs I noticed my feet were getting puffy. My hands are ok and my face is fine but feet are puffy. I am feeling a bit stressed out about it but know that some swelling is normal and I figure it is because of sitting in the car for a long time and all the salty/sugary foods I ate over the weekend. I have an apt on Tues. morning with my midwife and will talk to her about it then but hopping it goes down soon.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #565  

Having some spotting this morning, and it's bright red. Not a ton of it, but it's there. So I'm calling the doctor here in a little bit to see what he wants to do. I'm sure it's nothing, but better safe than sorry I guess.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #566  

I hope its something minor Mindi!

Doctor appointment this afternoon after class. Hoping I get good news or I might strangle him.

Could barely get out of bed this morning because of the pain. I can tell its going to be a long day.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #567  

So far still waiting on a call back from the doctor's office...
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #568  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Keep us informed MindiV, i hope everything is fine.

Butterflymama- My baby did the same thing yesterday. She stopped moving for almost 24 hours after a day of nonstop kicking and rolling around. DF thinks she just tried herself out and had a lazy day. I was pretty nervious about it because I was so used to her patterns. like she always moved when i ate, and she didn't twitch at all yesterday until an hour after dinner. today though she's back to moving enough to start hurting me.

Things are pretty silent over here. not much going on with me other than lack of sleep. The yeast infection seems to have went away (knock on wood) I hope it stays away. I've cut back my work hours from 5 days a week to 4 days a week. I'm still having issues sleeping, I just can't get comfortable.

Also i noticed the other day that I started walking a little different. i'm not sure if this is because the belly is getting bigger..If I'm getting bigger, or if she's started to drop. Around what week does the baby start to drop? is it an obvious change? or does it happen slowly over a week or two?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #569  

Angry

Sakai- I was told first babies can begin to drop anywhere as early as 28 weeks. I could just feel a bit more pressure but it's nothing like I have now. I can barely walk now without needing to pee because he's so low, and it's obvious when you look at me.

As for my appointment- They did the group B strep test and an iron test. Told me I was anemic, threw some iron pills at me and basically told me to go after checking his heartbeat- 151 bpm.

Forget strangling my doctor, i'm going to strangle the nurse. She can't count and put down that I'm only 34 weeks and some days rather than 36 weeks and some days. How do I have almost six weeks left if my due date is in like 26 days? Beats me! But because of it, he STILL won't do anything about the pain, won't talk about inducing anymore- and refused to check for dilation as well even though he said he could feel his head in the canal and that my water could break at any time. No matter how many times I told him I was 36 weeks he just kept blowing it off like I don't know my due date. Check your effin record if you don't believe me!!!! I got the whole "it's too early to have him right now" at this appointment when my last appointment was "lets see how you're doing in a couple weeks and talk about inducing" WTF? I'm beyond pissed and now have to wait til next Tuesday and hopefully have another nurse who doesn't have her head up her a$$ to even try and get my doctor to listen to me.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #570  

Wow Keller, your doctor....I mean like you said, check the records, doc!!

So the spotting was apparently for no reason. Had an ultrasound at 1 pm and it showed no reason for the bleeding, but when he was done with the exam I bled a little more for a few minutes. It finally went away though. My cervix measured at 2.8 this time, and was a 3 a couple of months back. So he said that's still ok. Didn't say if I was dilated at all. But her head is down, right by my cervix, and measured 35 weeks, 5 days. The doctor said the measurements, at this point, aren't really reliable though.

My sister in law and mother in law are betting I'll have her around the first week of May. So we'll see...
Closed Thread