Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Other than being on here, I didn't tell anybody except DF until I was in the middle of my 14th week. Symptom wise, I "felt" pregnant at 3 weeks(before I even got a postive) because my nipples were super sore. Actually connected to him, around 22 1/2 weeks when he really started moving and when we found out the gender is when it sunk in that I was having a baby.

Dr appointment today went great. Fundal height was a bit bigger than average, but he wasn't worried about it. High 140's for heartrate.

Best of all, I do NOT have gestational diabetes.

However, I have Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction, which basically means a more severe bout of pelvic girdle pain. There's nothing they can or will give me and said i'm going to have to deal with it until i can't any longer because i'm too close to the end that pain pills could cause baby boy to have addiction in-utero. I was told that if it continues and gets worse(and it most likely will he said ) that as soon as I make it to 36-37 weeks and baby is measuring well on an u/s that we will begin talking about inducing.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #317  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Keller - did he recommend or have you looked at pelvic support belts? They supposedly make a really big difference for some people with SPD.

We told very close family right away, but waited to 12 weeks to tell most close friends, and went widely public/Facebook official at 15 weeks.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #318  

Manda- He didn't. I have a appointment in a little less than three weeks. He gave me some pelvic exercises to try and said to take tylenol whenever I feel pain to try and keep swelling down so it doesn't hurt as bad. We'll discuss other options if these don't help. I found some online a couple weeks ago and so far- they haven't helped and neither has the tylenol. But he still wants me to continue since theres different exercises.

He said I could try a weekly chirpractic session but my insurance is state-aid so it doesn't cover it unless medically necessary with referral from at least two doctors. He may give me a referral after the next appointment.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #319  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You might try picking up a belt to see if it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Therapy-Best-B...By=addFiveStar

There are reviews from people with SPD who said it made a huge difference. If it keeps you comfortable while that baby cooks a bit longer, it's totally worth the 40 bucks.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Glad to see everyone is doing well

I felt pregnant pretty much right away, but it is my third and I felt so crappy for the first 16 weeks. I guess I started to feel a connection to the baby during the first ultrasound and seeing that the baby was a perfectly formed baby and I was further along then I thought I was.

We told my DH, my mom and my close friends as soon as we found out because I was in shock and needed to tell someone. Then my sister found out a few days later and my mom announced it at my nieces birthday a week or so later. We made the big Facebook reveal the day of our dating ultrasound, I was 11 wks 1d.

Went to my MW apt today but she was called to a birth 5 mins before we got there so we need to reschedule. Was a bit bummed because I was looking forward to hearing the baby's HB again. I am feeling squirms, wiggles, the occasional hiccups and a few kicks but not to much since my placenta is on the front. Baby has been pretty quite the last 2 days. I finally have some clothes and some small cloth diapers for the baby! So happy. I had given away/sold all my newborn/baby clothes and small diapers/covers and we have really no money to buy new stuff so I was feeling a bit anxious about not having stuff for the baby. However I went to check my act at the consignment store and had a 85 dollar credit! So I picked out some stuff and still have 24 dollars left.

Ok take care everyone!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Gosh I was getting beaten yesterday! I think there's an octopus in there, not a baby! Feeling kicks, punches, head butts and elbow drops high and low all at the same time!! She was still sitting with her head up on Friday, but they said there's still plenty of time for her to flip...
Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #322  

I had a horribly vivid and intense dream last night that I couldn't have a baby so we had a surrogate and nobody told me my son was born until he was two days old but everybody else got to meet him. I refused to be his mom or take him home and cried for days... and woke up curled up crying just like where the dream ended.

Does this stuff happen to any of you?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #323  

I know I have dreams, because in the middle of the night when I wake up to turn over I remember having them. But I always forget by morning what they were about.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

keller: I have awful, vivid dreams. Not necessarily about a baby, but in it I'm always protective and afraid of losing something. Last night, I dreamed about losing my pets in various ways (bird got eaten, cats got killed outside, etc). It's awful! I've never had such nightmares before.

I'm sorry you're having bad dreams, too.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #325  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

They say vivid dreams are common with pregnancy. I've always had pretty vivid dreams so it got kinda freaky when I got pregnant. I felt like I never got any rest because the dreams were so real that they wore me out. And my common nightmares would keep me awake for hours afterwards because I was too scared to go back to sleep.
The vividness kinda died down a few weeks back, but now they are comming back. Sometimes it's kinda fun...other times not so much.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I talked with my boyfriend about pregnancy today and his knowledge of it put me to shame. He knew way more about it than I did when I found out I was pregnant. I have a lot of reading to do - I still feel so uninformed compared to you ladies.

Last edited by racrane; 02-01-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #327  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

So I've had a cough for about a week and a half, + stuffed up/runny nose. The cough keeps me up when I try to sleep and my chest and belly are getting so sore.

So I've tried two different baby-safe meds but they don't seem to work real well. I've just got a third but I have to wait a little to try it because I just took some other meds.

I hope the coughing stops because I guess my bladder muscles are weak now so that + cough = no bladder control and that sucks...at work is the worst.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #328  

DF and I found a duplex yesterday we really liked and applied. We got accepted today and can move in March 15th. He's beginning to freak out about money now though because we've bought a new sectional, big screen tv, entertainment center and all the stuff for the babys room. And seeing the numbers on how much we've spent(which we've had saved and budgeted to do so) is becoming too real for him.

He's been sick for the past week- and of course now I am.

Baby boy has been giving me right hook punches and elbows all day. Every which way I turn I get a painful jab and I know it's not kicks or his butt like it usually is.

Racrane- Books are a great help with pregnancy. My doctor gave me a couple with my last pregnancy that I had previously read.

Manda- I do have a support belt. It's practically the same thing as that link but it's from my dads doctor because my dad refused to wear it. The only difference is it doesn't have the top belly strap. The box says it can be used for strain in pregnancy though. I haven't however felt like it's helped even though I just started using it. The pain just seems to be getting worse no matter what I do- even I don't do anything except lounge around all day. I'm still going to give it a week to see but it doesn't look promising. I can no longer sit in the bath tub to even take a warm bath because I can't get out. It sucks.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #329  

Ok, so DH and I had agreed over this past weekend that we'd go to a second-hand baby store and buy a couple of things we weren't going to register for. Well, now he's totally against that and says we need to wait 'til after the shower!!

He just doesn't get it! We are totally and completely unprepared. He won't even help me move the TV to finish rearranging the little half of the spare room that the baby is going to get. There's going to be a whole lot to do with me walking around 8 1/2 months pregnant after my shower. Just frustrated!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Keller- I have crazy vivid dreams when pregnant too. Some are really funny and some are really scary and I wake up sobbing and in a panic.

About a month ago I had a dream them my DS fell into a river and I couldn't get to him and then he went under and I couldn't find him, it was horrible I woke up so sad and sobbing and had to look at DS to calm myself down (Had to stop myself from scooping him up and putting him into my bed, but then I would never get back to sleep as he is a kicker)

Glad you found a place you like, home hunting can be so stressful.

Sakai - Sorry you are sick. I too have had a cold for the last week. Hope your feeling better soon.

Racane - That's great your boyfriend is so knowledgeable about pregnancy! Some partners are clueless.

Had my MW apt today and all is good, baby's HB was 156 and I was measuring 23cm so 2 cm ahead but within normal limits. Baby has been active today which I am happy for because he/she had been quite for the last few days. I am going to have my GTT on Feb 13th but I get to have it at my midwife clinic which is great as it is way comfier then a lab and I have to bring DS with me and they have toys and couches so he can play and I can be comfy. I am going to do the 2hr 75g test as I am worried I will fail the 1 hr and don't want to do another test and don't want to take the 100g (too much sugar ) My numbers at home have been great as long as I stick to a low carb diet.

So is anyone planning a special outfit to take the baby home in? In my family it is tradition to have a "Take Home Outfit" With my DS I had a beautiful white cotton knitted one piece outfit with matching hat. My plan for this baby is to knit him/her a pair of wool longies (I love wool as a diaper cover and longies are like wool pants that go right over a cloth diaper) and finding a t-shirt to match the wool I pick out and maybe also knit a matching hat. I would love to see pictures/hear about others Take Home Outfits
Closed Thread