Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

So happy 31st birthday to me! Last year when I turned 30 I ran two miles just because I could, and to celebrate the fact that I could NEVER have done the same when I was 20 and overweight. I wish I could do it again this year...but I suppose yoga while six months pregnant is a good substitute!!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm really glad everyone's hanging in there.

Mindi, and a lovely, Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day.

I'm starting to read a lot about pregnancy, labour and the newborn (more than the textbooks I should be reading, whoops) but it still seems far away to me.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #333  

A lot of our knowledge is coming from books, too, Racrane...have a few coming to me from Amazon. I'll let you know if they're good! What are you reading??
Old 02-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #334  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

We've got lots of books, too, and videos. Plus we do have childbirth education classes booked (we start on Feb 19th).

Mindi - Happy birthday!! Do you need his permission to start getting things? Or can you just pick some things up if you feel like you need them? It was making me crazy not to make progress on planning, so I sort of had to take the lead on doing it. I called my parents and had them help me move the heavy stuff

Keller - stick with the support belt, hopefully it'll help! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get some relief soon.

Butterfly - We're talking about going home outfits. One of our friends called and said she was "looking for the perfect going home outfit", and I got a little miffed...WE get to pick that! We've had a couple people taking liberties in that kind of way and I'm finding it really irritating. We're going to have an outfit and a backup outfit, because I know that if I put the baby in something I have my heart set on, he is going to throw up/poop/otherwise require changing, so I want to have a backup!

Sakai - how is the cold doing? Any better? Hope that you're on the mend.

As for me, I'm feeling very unsexy. I can't imagine that this is going to get better. Trying to remember that I'm making a baby, which is the most important thing I can do! But oh, between the heartburn and the (TMI) hemorrhoid and the sweating despite it being winter and the endless flopping to find a comfortable position at night, I feel kind of trainwrecky and gross!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #335  

Thanks, Amanda!

I don't need permission, necessarily...I just would rather he be totally on board before I spend a few hundred out of savings on stuff, you know? I'd be royally PO'd if he just withdrew money and started spending when I didn't agree. I think he'll come around...just gotta work on him some more. I wish I had some help with the heavy stuff, but there's nobody here willing to help me. Stuck with him

We don't have an outfit for coming home...heck we're still not even totally convinced we're having a baby in May. Still hasn't hit DH yet, though she hits (and kicks and heat butts) me every day and night!

I feel you on the "unsexy" thing, Amanda. DH is wondering where this fabled amazing second semester sex drive is. I just can't make it happen when I feel like a beached whale...and I'm still a LOT smaller than other people as far along as I am! Also right with you on the night sweating. We constantly argue over thermostat. It gets into the 30s at night here, and I keep the temp on the heater on about 62 at night and still sleep with just a sheet and sweat.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #336  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Mindi - Happy Birthday!!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #337  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I had to LOL about the sex drive thing. I was a maniac with my first and then, with my second and third, I'm just so tired all. the. time. I never knew a person could actually function this tired. Unfortunately, sex has been diminishing in frequency instead of increasing. I can hardly stand at the end of the day, much less find energy for anything else. *sigh*
Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #338  

Mine just hasn't changed at all. After I lost weight it entirely went away...I was just so insecure with myself. It's crazy....I thought I looked good at 230 pounds, but at 147 I couldn't stand the way I looked. It's carried over to now, but is fading a little. The way I figure....by the time I have this baby I'll love my body again, then lose it all over!

After this baby, when I lose the weight, I may pause a while at around 160 and see how that feels. That was my original goal, but I couldn't find my maintenance and kept losing.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #339  

Mindi: I'm reading "What to Expect..." and "Your Pregnancy, Week by Week". There's a couple of labour books, too - but I've been too scared to read those.

Let me know if you like those books, I will most definitely get them! I'll probably order a book for my boyfriend, too. There's a few you ladies suggested so I'll get one for him. Thank you all.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Mindi!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #341  

I had a crazy dream that, upon waking up, is kind of hilarious. I dreamed a fellow student at my college was pregnant with a monster baby, a genetic experiment gone wrong. In the dream, we could hear the monster roaring from inside her. The baby would eat her upon delivery. I woke up and after the "It was a dream" moment, I started laughing.

Anyone else have funny vivid dreams?
Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #342  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My dreams have been kicking into scary nightmare territory lately. The other night, I dreamed that everything I touched died, and I kept needing to pick up the baby but being unable to do so because I'd kill him. Last night I slept so horribly, a combo of bad dreams and my shoulder injury acting up. I think I got maybe 3 hours?

I am so. very. tired. It's been another loooong week. We have a date for our shower finalized, though, and a date for my mom and sister to paint the nursery, so that's all arranged. Now I just have to get through Valentine's Day with a florist wife.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

I've gotten maybeone hour of sleep. I was up every hour cause baby boy sat on my bladder all night and I couldn't get comfy.

We also got 10 inches of snow in six hours.... and its still snowing. Up to 18 expected.

I didn't get to the grocery store yesterday and now my car is stuck with snow to the bumper so I can't even get out of the complex until they decide to plow... usually late afternoon or when its done snowing. Blah!

I guess today will be hw and nap day
Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #344  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Speaking of sex drive, mine went into over drive which makes DF one happy camper. I told him to enjoy it while it lasts and it seems I'm right because it's starting to taper down now that I'm feeling so big and icky.

The cold it still sticking around. Meds still not helping like I want them to. Still coughing and starting to wake up with a sore throat.

Gave up milk again last week and went back to almond milk. I never should of gone back into real milk when my cravings hit. It made me feel so bad. But it's better now that I've switched back. I've also cut out red meat and trying to lower carbs, but it's difficult for me for some reason. I want to go back to my whole food lifestyle but it's a bit tough when i don't feel like cooking like I normally would.

I did have a funny dream last week but you would have to be a bit of a gamer to understand.
My Df plays Skyrim...and the running joke on the game and all over the web is people saying. "I used to be a (Insert job...mostly Guard/Adventurer)... but then I took an arrow to the (insert body part, mostly knee)."
So one night I had a dream that a person came out of the game and shot my hairless chihuahua in the paw with an arrow and she had this big o'l white bandage on her little foot. I was so mad! but when I woke up and remembered it Df and I had a good laugh.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Sakai: my roommates play LOTS of skyrim too, I heard the "arrow to the knee" jokes before we even got it... working at a video game store gets special sometimes. My assistant manager's favorite joke was "I used to play Oblivion, until I took a Skyrim to the disk-tray!!!" And then he would laugh himself silly.

Mindi: Happy belated birthday!

Amanda: Your wifey is a florist? That's pretty cool!

Everyone's dreams are so wild and vivid! I had vivid dreams before being pregnant, but I remembered them more often than not before I was pregnant.

Went to the dr yesterday (technically the nurse, it was a family health history interview)... STILL aggravated at them because they refuse to do the ultrasound until I'm 20 weeks... even though NO ONE KNOWS WHEN THAT ACTUALLY IS because my periods are irregular and we're unsure when we conceived. I'm thinking I was pregnant through the holidays (Christmas for sure, possibly also Thanksgiving) I'm going to be looking for other places to go over the weekend. It breaks my heart because I really like the dr and the staff, but I kind of need to know. I'm busiest in the summer (in addition to having extra wedding/travel plans THIS YEAR) so I'd like to adjust my schedule accordingly. >< Am I just being too antsy with the doctor, or should I speak up at the next appointment (which is also on Valentine's day... heh)?
Closed Thread