Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
19 inches...WOW!! I've lost 10.5 pounds and only lost 6 inches. I thought the lady seemed a little disappointed when she told me, but I didn't have the heart to ask her if 6 inches was good or bad. Oh well, this dumb body has been stubborn my whole life (except when it's 'adding' pounds!), so I shouldn't expect anything different now!! My little 6 inch ribbon looks pretty insignificant, but it's just the beginning.

Congratulations to you!
My inches weren't real high my first wi, if I remember right. They eventually evened out for me though. I ended up losing almost the same amount of inches as pounds and they stayed pretty even most of the time. It also depends on who is doing the measuring. Some of the ladies tighten up a little and others are quick and leave the tape pretty loose. You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireice13 View Post
I've not been doing well lately. Yesterday I had some soup for lunch and of course was up to 170 on my scale this morning because of probably salt. My boss took us out to lunch today and we went to an Italian restaurant so of course I had bread and then shrimp and chicken with pasta so tomorrow I'll probably be up some more. It's that TOM and I was having hard time during the last one so I know it will get better and I'll drop 2-3 pounds after but it's hard during.

I'm just frustrated at how sensitive my body is to just one meal off. It makes me worry that once I get to maintenance I'm not going to be able to eat "normal" foods because my body just reacts badly to them. I just am losing so slowly and it's really frustrating me. Even when I'm perfect on plan I still only lose about 2 1/2 pounds a week. I can't seem to get up to the 3 that they guarantee.
Right now your body will be sensitive to any off plan meal. I was worried about that too but now that I'm in stabilization I can see how the whole plan works together in the end. The foods they add during stab. help your body get used to the added carbs, sugars, etc. I went out to eat last night at Outback and probably ate one whole little loaf of bread by myself before dinner, had the grilled chicken on the barbie and a baked potato with everything except sour cream (including butter, cheese, & bacon) and a diet pop. I was expecting a pretty big gain like in the past when I've cheated but my scale only showed a 1/2 lb. up this morning! I expected at least a pound and a half just from the salt but it didn't happen It really showed me how important it is to do stabilization! Hang in there!!! TOM can be rough but if you get through it without cheating there is usually a drop at the end. My average was always right around 2.5 the whole time. I had tried dieting on my own for so long and was happy if I lost 4 lbs. a month then that 2.5 a week with MRC was still exciting for me. That's still 5 lbs every 2 weeks and 10 lbs. a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
between the good ol' TOM showing up nearly a week early, my boyfriend telling me he can't come over tonight because he told "someone he wld be somewhere" and when that fell through now suddenly HE'S doing his own laundry *bull**** sneeze* which wasn't important enough to keep him from going where ever he was gonna go, and my boss riding my *** because she doesn't have enough to keep her occupied so she thinks running around *****ing at people about NOTHING is going to give her something to do, I've had a pretty ****ty day.

but I lost 4 lbs this week. and right now i don't even care.
Congrats on the 4 lbs.! When things "normalize" you'll really be happy about it! BTW, I think you mentioned in an earlier post that you didn't think they would let you continue since you haven't reached your goal. My goal was 160 and I was still at 175 lb. at the end of my contract on Feb. 27. They let me continue without resigning. I started stabilization on April 3 at 162.5 so that was 5 weeks without resigning. If they see you are trying and you're getting close to being within 6 lbs. of your goal they shouldn't make you resign. Keep on keepin on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoNdHopPer View Post
Today I wore trousers that I hadn't worn in two years to work! I didn't have to stuff myself in them, and they weren't even too tight. I'd LOVE for them to be too big...but one day at a time. A student in my clinic today commented that I looked like I was losing weight...not sure if they were just sucking up so I'd let them go home or not. But I'll take it! Non scale victories rock!
Congratulations!!! You're doing awesome and you'll be putting those pants in the "too big" pile before you know it!! I still can't believe all of my goal jeans that I saved over the years have ALL been given away because they were too big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson106 View Post
Hey everyone, I went to WI yesterday, and I'm down 6 lbs.! (since I started). My counselor seemed to have expected me to lose more, but I'm O.K. with that (especially since TOM came today). I also found out from her that I was supposed to be taking my HNS's WITH my meals; I was taking them between. Sure has made a difference in how hungry I feel-- I didn't feel hungry at all today, and even couldn't finish all of my salad at lunch.
I had trouble getting all the food down sometimes too. I just ate what I could and if I had to leave some I made sure it was the veggies. I didn't want to skimp on the protein since it keeps you from losing the lean muscle. I was almost never hungry on this diet (except around TOM) until I got to stabilization and had more carbs added in. You're doing great!!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Well, now what??? I have gained a pound!!!!!!! I am now exactly back where I was 11 days ago! I have not done one thing wrong!! I am doing my exercises, I am drinking at LEAST 72 oz. of water a day and am staying TOTALLY OP!!! I gave up my creamies at night, too. I am at a loss!!! I do NOT know what is going on!!! I am freaking out!! HELP!!!
Don't freak out!! This is totally normal. I had a plateau that lasted quite a while too and I was rewarded with a nice loss at the end. It is all worth it and you will see a drop if you stay strong! Have you talked to the center lately? Did they give you any tips? My only suggestion if you are staying OP completely already would be to try upping your water. I know, it's hard enough to get in the 72 ozs. but I upped mine to 128 ozs. when my loss slowed a bit and it seemed to help. What about your flax? How many are you taking now? Could be your body just needs a few little changes to shake it up a bit. Plateaus stink and are horrible to get through but it is all worth it later on. You can do this!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #93  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post
Hey Denise,
I am taking your advice and posting my menu from yesterday

Breakfast I had a meal replacement shake and HNS

Lunch MRC Turkey lasagna and 6 oz of strawberries

Dinner 40z of chicken, 4 oz of cabbage slaw, I make with apple cider vinegar and some splenda, and 2 oz of asparagus with HNS

Last night I had jello and a creamy (pudding)

This is basically what my day is like I HAVE NOT eaten off program since I started! This is a miracle for me!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
I'm not super familiar with the green menu so I can't comment on quantities, but this seems reasonable to me. Hopefully someone else can comment on quantities.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

ONEderland!!

yep, I did it...198 officially as of this mornings weigh in!!!! Funny thing tho...I thought I was get emotional, but the mrc gal was one I am not normally with so I don't think it was as much as a celebration as I thought it would be...it was more like "only 1.5 pounds more and you get to sign the 70 pound board" which is also exciting...but come on!! Lets celebrate!!

Im still struggling daily to make the right choices. Its not as easy as it was in the beginning of the diet.

well...Im off to buy some new shorts for summer!!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #95  
dla
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
ONEderland!!

yep, I did it...198 officially as of this mornings weigh in!!!! Funny thing tho...I thought I was get emotional, but the mrc gal was one I am not normally with so I don't think it was as much as a celebration as I thought it would be...it was more like "only 1.5 pounds more and you get to sign the 70 pound board" which is also exciting...but come on!! Lets celebrate!!

Im still struggling daily to make the right choices. Its not as easy as it was in the beginning of the diet.

I will do a BIG celebration for you!!!

That's fantastic....it is also lower than your mental block weight of 199. You are doing GREAT...

You CAN make the right choices. Maybe this WI was the boost you needed to get through the rest of the journey!

Enjoy your day shopping!!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
ONEderland!!

CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS!!! And, how awesome that you'll also get to sign the 70 pound board very soon, too! 2 great accomplishments will come close together! How inspiring!

Happy shopping!! Better buy some new earrings or cute sandals to go with those shorts!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

I just wanted to say I'm so impressed with all of you. I'm went on this plan with only 30 lbs to lose and I'm losing my mind. Many of you are on this plan to lose much more weight and are therefore on the plan longer than I have to be but you all are doing so well. I'm envious!

I have a little emotional breakdown at least once a day. I don't go off plan during these breakdowns...in fact I've been so good staying OP that I think that's why I'm having breakdowns. I've only had one day where I've cheated and the rest of the time I've been 100% OP. Now my center is telling me I'm working out too hard and that's why I'm not losing fat. How depressing. It's my TOM so they can't do a body comp for me this week but maybe by next week I'll show fat loss, muscle gain and progress overall.

Congratulations to all of you who have been so strong on this plan. You are my inspiration!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #98  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Bonnie,

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and I'll do a happy dance for you!! I hope I can be there soon if this stinkin' plateau would ever decide to end!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #99  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

I have a weird question. Yesterday and today both I feel HUNGRY?!? What is going on with me? Both today and yesterday about an hour after breakfast I actually felt hungry (that hasn't happened in 4 weeks). Last night at dinner (yes after we went out, I had a 4/5 ish oz. burger and steamed broccoli and tea), I felt like I could eat SO much more. And then today after lunch (4 oz. ground bison w/a touch of spaghetti sauce, 4 oz. spaghetti squash, and a small orange), I was STILL hungry or at least felt it. I don't get it. Does anybody have any suggestions? Could it have something to do with them switching me to the green menu? I'm very frustrated right now. I think I'm going to call my center.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I will do a BIG celebration for you!!!

That's fantastic....it is also lower than your mental block weight of 199. You are doing GREAT...

You CAN make the right choices. Maybe this WI was the boost you needed to get through the rest of the journey!

Enjoy your day shopping!!
Thanks! I can't even begin to tell you (but you probably already know) what a struggle it has been in the last month to eat to plan every day. Lunch time and long afternoons are the worst! I have always been a closet binge eater and I eat lunch alone 99% of the time! Even today after having a great weigh in it took every ounce of strength to say NOOOO to fast food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS!!! And, how awesome that you'll also get to sign the 70 pound board very soon, too! 2 great accomplishments will come close together! How inspiring!

Happy shopping!! Better buy some new earrings or cute sandals to go with those shorts!
I bought a few new outfits and one outfit a size smaller so i would have something to look forward to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Bonnie,

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and I'll do a happy dance for you!! I hope I can be there soon if this stinkin' plateau would ever decide to end!
You will get here...just never give up. I had a rough month in April and bounced between 200-203 for about 2.5 weeks. I kept saying "I am sooo close! Why can't I do this!?!?!" but with determination I finally did it!

Oh, btw...I have also lost 75 inches so far!!!

Last edited by BonnieMcC; 05-08-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 197/167/150

Height: 5'8"

can anyone point me in the right direction to look for more detailed information (or menus) for stabilization and maintenance?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #102  
dla
Denise

Quote:
Thanks! I can't even begin to tell you (but you probably already know) what a struggle it has been in the last month to eat to plan every day. Lunch time and long afternoons are the worst! I have always been a closet binge eater and I eat lunch alone 99% of the time! Even today after having a great weigh in it took every ounce of strength to say NOOOO to fast food!
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I have had my moments with this program. I have been within the same 10 pound range for MONTHS. I just need to kick it in gear and get started again.

Congratulations on saying NO to fast food!!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #103  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Is anybody else worried about Mother's day? All my life social events revolved around food. My folks are being super supportive of this diet and have offered to bring over lunch on Sunday so I don't have to pack up the baby etc. And they were asking what I would like them to bring. It was sweet of them but I am super worried that I will go off plan and eat things I shouldn't out of habit. I have managed to drop (as of Wed) 10.8 lbs in about 16 days.... I know that is good but I have always been hard on myself and keep thinking about what I didn't do 100% correctly and instead of congratulating myself I am beating myself up. I mentioned it to my lady on Wed. and she was encouraging. I just have so far to go it feels like. Patience is not a vurtue I have ever had

Wishing you all good luck for the weekend.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #104  

My before on a Disney Cruise at close to my highest wt

This is me after losing 65 pounds with 50 to go at my sons First Communion

Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #105  

Does anyone know if the HNS expire? I've had my shakes for about 1.5 years.
Closed Thread