Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 169.5/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I just need to vent a little, I have basically not seen the scale move at all this week. Everyone here talks about these plateaus and I know that I should have been more mentally prepared for this, but it has only been almost 3 weeks and I really didn't expect it this soon. I have had good weight loss (weight and inches) the first two weeks and I have stayed on OP all week so I'm sure that my body is just adjusting.

It is frustrating and I want to go grab a brownie, but I'm going to resist.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunter View Post
I just need to vent a little, I have basically not seen the scale move at all this week. Everyone here talks about these plateaus and I know that I should have been more mentally prepared for this, but it has only been almost 3 weeks and I really didn't expect it this soon. I have had good weight loss (weight and inches) the first two weeks and I have stayed on OP all week so I'm sure that my body is just adjusting.

It is frustrating and I want to go grab a brownie, but I'm going to resist.
Frustrating but good for you to resist the brownie. Every resist of a temptation is a success! Many times I have read here about an unhealthy love affair with food. Guilty myself, but am realizing that the food doesn't love us back. It only increases your seratonin levels in your brain for a short period of time and then they go lower then ever. Seratonin is one of the "feel good hormones".
Sending will power dust to all
Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #408  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

k hunter, I was rereading the literature MRC gave me when I joined and the sheet titled "Plateaus are Good Signs" says "After 7 to 10 days...body begins to retain water to maintain the shape of its cells as fat is lost...Water is heavier than fat and so, while your weight may remain stable or even increase you are actually losing fat". So, don't despair, keep drinking all the water you can, you REALLY are losing even if the scales don't show it yet!
jeanette
Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #409  

Doing well tonight despite stress level through the roof, not even tempted until one of the day docs came through the door with doughnuts! For a minute I could just taste one with a cup of coffee and french vanilla creamer....
Then I went back and read some of the posts on here and stayed at my desk, far away from those evil things . Just had to vent a little. Unfortunately I will have to pass them to get to the bathroom. Drat all that water, it is going through me like... well, like water .
Only 45 min left in my shift and then off to home and bed.
Wishing all a day of success no matter how you measure it!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

I started stabilization yesterday with a starch at lunch. I could not believe how much ENERGY 1/2 cup of black beans added to my lunch gave me. I felt so great yesterday...probably the best I've felt since I've been on this diet. With that 1/2 cup of beans added and since I'm still on 4 HNS per day so I don't lose lean muscle mass, I ate close to 1500 calories (that's 200-300 more than I was having on the green menu) and I didn't gain an ounce. So that makes me very happy. Now if I could only lose a pound this week I'd be ecstatic! But I'm okay with staying right where I am too.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Thank you!!!!!!!!
You all are great and right! Your support brought tears to my eyes. We are all strong and beautiful. I am taking this as a challenge to reform not only my eating habits but my thoughts as well. Normally I would have taken a vacation from whatever diet I am on and justify it. Now is the time for more healthy choices and develop some healthy coping mechanisms. On the way to my WI I turned up the radio and sang loudly (and badly ). Decided to celebrate all good things that are present in my life. On the way home I celebrated a 2 pound weight loss. One more pound and will celebrate my first 10 pound loss.
Off to bed and then work. Sending all wishes for big losses this week.
That's the way to do it!! Let your heart lead you :-)
Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #412  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Doing well tonight despite stress level through the roof, not even tempted until one of the day docs came through the door with doughnuts! For a minute I could just taste one with a cup of coffee and french vanilla creamer....
Then I went back and read some of the posts on here and stayed at my desk, far away from those evil things . Just had to vent a little. Unfortunately I will have to pass them to get to the bathroom. Drat all that water, it is going through me like... well, like water .
Only 45 min left in my shift and then off to home and bed.
Wishing all a day of success no matter how you measure it!
You ARE a STRONG and AMAZING woman!!! Keep up the good work...with all that is going on and the fact that you are staying on track and in control is a great defeat... Everything else will work out...it really will...there may be a rocky path to travel but it's life's bumps and bruises that really help to shape who we are... Keep up the good work!!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #413  

Icmaly: Stabilization! Way to go!
Closed Thread