Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #31  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
this is me at 235 *home scales* on halloween before i even thought of starting. forgive the crazy hair and weird shirt - we were supposed to be punk rockers.....

me today wearing a shirt that didn't fit me this good WHEN I BOUGHT IT. yeah i know, tricky me, i'm wearing black because it's slimming but it's SHINY BLACK and everyone know what shiny does. sorry it's fuzzy, new cell phone camera and still playing with it.

You look great! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #32  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the tip Denise! I hope I get the courage to try it again. I'm always afraid of trying new things for the fear that if I don't like it I've wasted my time/money and then I'll just turn around have have to make something else.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #33  
Lynn

Quote:
this is me at 235 *home scales* on halloween before i even thought of starting. forgive the crazy hair and weird shirt - we were supposed to be punk rockers.....

me today wearing a shirt that didn't fit me this good WHEN I BOUGHT IT. yeah i know, tricky me, i'm wearing black because it's slimming but it's SHINY BLACK and everyone know what shiny does. sorry it's fuzzy, new cell phone camera and still playing with it.

Why can't I see the pictures?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #34  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Wow Connie! You look great! Congrats, you are doing awesome by only doing the bare minimum! Keep up the great work....hopefully I will run into you at the center one of these days!

I feel like I have spent so much money but it was worth it, I feel great. I am not buying anything else, I hope to have enough HNS to last throughout stabilization. I was told last week to drink 4 per day until I get my first stabilization menu (today) then I will drink 3 per day then the following week 2 per day until I am completely off. I still have some MRC6 but I am not buying anything else other than flax and multi vitamins that I get at Walmart. I did get some more B6 a few weeks ago and I will take those till all gone.

I'm excited about the stabilization party today! I tried on the dress I wore 6 years ago for my son's high school graduation....it fit loose! It is a size 11 in juniors, I didn't think I would ever wear it again. I was going through my closet last night trying to find something to wear today and EVERYTHING that I tried on was too big.....I was just piling the clothes on my floor! I might just wear that dress tonight!

Take care and good luck to all for your WI this week! I'll let you know how the party was tomorrow!

Mel
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning to all you great posters....I went for my first consultation yesterday, but I didn't join yet...the cost of the required of the HNS really floored me. I hear everyone talking about colored menu plans, but I would be put on the Meta Slim plan. I was told 24 weeks to get to their goal set for me. (which is much higher than I want to be) I don't know enough about this plan to ask questions. Can someone explain the Meta Slim plan from the colored menu plans? I could use any info anyone has. I wish I had time to read all the posts here.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #36  
Lynn

I'm on the Meta-Slim Plus meal plan or the beige menu as I believe it's known to be. As far as meals go, for breakfast you can have like 2 eggs and a piece of toast (I make french toast). There are lots of other options as well. For lunch you have to have 8 oz. of raw veggies or 4 oz. of cooked, 6 oz. of protein, and a fruit serving. For dinner, you have 8 oz raw/4 oz. of cooked veggies, 6 oz. of protein, and a starch. The big change for me from pre-conditioning was the elimination of potatoes/pasta/rice. Those were BIG in my household, but I'm doing 'so-so' without them thus far (granted I've only been on this program officially9 days). Any other questions, please ask away!

I've heard/read that once you get to 199.5 that I would be moved to the green menu, which basically reduces the amount of protein from 6 oz. to 4 oz. Maybe some other experienced individuals on here could set me straight or give a different opinion.

Last edited by noahsmama; 05-05-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Thank you Noahsmama. Are all plans on the 24 week plan, or does the amount of weight you want to lose determine how many weeks? I guess that's what confused me, because my goal is so much less than the 173 they set it for. I was told the HNS could be purchased at 5 for $55, but by doing that, then how do you know which flavors you are going to like? In the beginning, I'm assuming the HNS are just the powdered drinks they want you to purchase? I'm sorry I have so many questions, but I just want to be sure I know what I am getting myself into....it's just me....I always research everything I do or purchase....probably what you would call "overkill"!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #38  
Lynn

You're quite welcome and I totally understand as I did the same thing! I read the posts/threads on here like crazy before I went in! I believe my plan is also 24 weeks, ironically. My goal is to lose 66 pounds in that time frame. At my center they do a 10/$90 and I try to do that because that's a significant cost savings. My personal favorites are the concentrates and the flavors that I like are: Mixed berry (tastes like Cherry Kool-Aid), Kiwi-Melon (like a green Jolly Rancher), Grape (like Grape Kool-Aid), Orange (I drink this at b-fast b/c it tastes like Tang). I got the Peach-Mango powder and didn't care for it all that well as to me it was too powdery. I've found that if you put in a little ice it makes it taste SO much better. I'm going to try the lemon HNS as well, as my center said it tastes just like Country Time Lemonade.

Any other questions I might be able to shed some light on? I'm fairly new at all this so I may not have ALL the answers, but I can definitely share my experience(s) thus far.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #39  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Thanks for the tip Denise! I hope I get the courage to try it again. I'm always afraid of trying new things for the fear that if I don't like it I've wasted my time/money and then I'll just turn around have have to make something else.
Any time!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #40  
Lynn

I just came from WI and they show me UP 2 lbs, UGH!! But I had just had lunch (celery/apple salad) and so I'm not too surprised/upset. I hop when I go in on Saturday that I'm back down. I also, (as I stated previously) believe that I'm on a plateau so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 188.5/ticker/145

I went to WI today and was down 2 pounds so 16 total and I got to sign the 15 pound board My goal is to lose another 4 pounds by the 15th because then (on my home scale) I'll be lighter than I was at high school graduation 7 years ago and about 5 pounds lighter than my first college graduation 3 years. I'm excited cause I'm going to buy a new graduation dress and I'm not buying it til the day of because I want it to fit really well and not be too big.

I can't go to the gym today unfortunately but it was for a good cause - I gave blood. Which probably helps a little with the weight loss; that pint of blood has to weigh something
Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #42  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Last night I 'tried' to fix tilapia by spraying it w/ICBNB and using a little bit of lemon juice and Mrs. Dash in the skillet using Pam to fry it. It was 'ok' but it was missing something. I've never fixed fish before and honestly that has deterred me from wanting it again. Any suggestions on how to cook it? It almost needs something crunchy on the outside. What about crushing up melba toast and putting in on the outside?
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Here's a great way to make your tilapia.... give it a try. It has a nice coating and a good taste!

Tilapia (White Fish)
1/2 cup ground Melba (I put them in the blender or food processor to get them really fine)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb to taste
1-2 TBLS Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (Dry Powder)

Soak the fish in a bowl of cold water.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large ziplock bag.
Coat 1 fish at a time in the coating mixture.
Take 2-3 fillets and fry them in a skillet using 1 TBLS of olive oil on slightly higher than medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
That sounds really good. How well do you think it wld bake?

I just put some seasoning on mine *sea salt, pepper, chili powder, or anything else that sounds good. I have several of those sea salt grinders with other stuff in it so I use all of them* and throw it on the little electric grill I bought for this diet or wrap it in tin foil making a pouch so the steam stays in. Doesn't even need any oil that way.

Quote:
Why can't I see the pictures?
I guess it depends on what kind of security you have set up. The pictures are on photobucket. Here's links to each of them....

Old me link
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...428smaller.jpg

current me link
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...-1915-1865.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Wow Connie! You look great! Congrats, you are doing awesome by only doing the bare minimum! Keep up the great work....hopefully I will run into you at the center one of these days!

I feel like I have spent so much money but it was worth it, I feel great. I am not buying anything else, I hope to have enough HNS to last throughout stabilization. I was told last week to drink 4 per day until I get my first stabilization menu (today) then I will drink 3 per day then the following week 2 per day until I am completely off. I still have some MRC6 but I am not buying anything else other than flax and multi vitamins that I get at Walmart. I did get some more B6 a few weeks ago and I will take those till all gone.

I'm excited about the stabilization party today! I tried on the dress I wore 6 years ago for my son's high school graduation....it fit loose! It is a size 11 in juniors, I didn't think I would ever wear it again. I was going through my closet last night trying to find something to wear today and EVERYTHING that I tried on was too big.....I was just piling the clothes on my floor! I might just wear that dress tonight!

Take care and good luck to all for your WI this week! I'll let you know how the party was tomorrow!

Mel
Congrats on your loss and have a great party!! I've already decided that I won't be buying any more program time. Now I'm just trying to decide whether to do stabilization and maintenance. Mostly I'm considering doing it for the paperwork so I have ALL the tools and can pick a couple months each year, do the plan again, lose another 20 lbs and then stabilize and maintain on my own till I'm somewhere normal.

Last edited by ford4life69; 05-05-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 188.5/ticker/145

I was wondering if anyone knew some allowed veggies or fruit that are high in potassium? When I get low on it I get really bad calf cramps. I had one last night and they're so bad that I want to scream and can barely walk. It's lasted all day, not as bad but I can feel it. I ended up eating a banana because that's the only thing that's ever solved the problem before but I'd like to be able to fix it without going off program. I checked the multi-vitamin from MRC that I'm taking and it doesn't list potassium as far as I can tell.

So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

fireice,

Tomatoes are on the high end of potassium content, they also have a lot of Vitamin C.

Connie,

Wow you can really see your loss in that picture. That's wonderful! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #45  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Oh no! It is frustrating when they do not cooperate! My baby is a girl, Ella, she is a HAM so far I haven't had trouble with her not cooperating so that is lucky. I was SO glad that I printed out and took the info on the vitamins you gave to to my consultation. I think the lady was impressed that I knew to ask those things! Something scary though, I had Ella with me in the stroller and as she was giving me a tour, this picture fell off the wall and almost hit Ella in the head! That would NOT have been a good way to start at the center...next time, a babysitter! Have a great day!
Closed Thread