Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #46  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh my gosh, you look FANTASTIC! You are an inspiration to others! Great Job!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #47  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Connie, for some reason while I was at work I couldn't see them and as soon as I got home I could! You look amazing!! Congrats on the hard work and I hope I'll have the same results soon enough.

Jace, You're quite welcome and that had to be an experience for Ella in the center. I took Noah in for the first time on Saturday and he was just exploring (like he did with the photo session ) I'll be keeping tabs on you and wish you the best! What did you end up doing/buying?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Connie---you look awesome!!! Congrats!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Connie--how did you post your pics in your post? I would love to post some "halfway there" pics.

also this morning when I woke up I was FINALLY 199!!! Of course I was in my underwear and had not eaten breakfast yet so I know thats not what it will say at MRC, but my next WI is on Friday...so there is hope. I did terrible again this weekend...went to WI monday afternoon and was up 3.5 pounds (203.5) She thought a good portion of it was because I weighed in right after lunch and big bottle of water. I usually weigh in in the morning. I sooo want to stay in Onederland for my next weigh in!!!

Last edited by BonnieMcC; 05-06-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #50  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello MRC folks! I've been doing horribly since Friday. So I know I have gained a few pounds but I'm going to WI today and talk to the counselors. It just really sucks since it was my Bday weekend and not to mention TOM, so once I started on the cheating road this weekend it has been hard to get off. I think most of my gain is water, so is should come off really quick. I just need some inspiration because it gets really hard to stay OP sometimes.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Goodmorning everyone....First I want to say, Connie...."you look marvelous darling", that is quite an incentive, but I am still on the fence. I have the rest of the week to make up my mind to go in on Monday and sign up. Maybe I am researching too much? I went on some of the older threads and many were saying MRC was a rip off. And there were a couple of complaints on another website that I checked out.

What confuses me, is the difference in the base cost for some. I realize it is probably based on how much you have to lose, but some who signed up fro 24 months, it only cost $298, but my base cost they quoted me is $398? This really confuses me on how they set the fee. Money is a big issue with me and the cost of the protein drinks puts it way over my limit. I had done Southbeach and had great success until tragedy struck our family and I just went haywire with my weight. Just can't seem to get back to SB after that, even though it was good for me.

I don't know what I'm searching for in answers anymore, just have to get off of the fence and make that first step. Were any of you the same way? I did read that some centers are not the best, and I don't want to fall into a center that is there just to push their products for that almighty dollar. Nothing would hurt me more than to have a center like that. Thank you everyone for listening and I really enjoy all your posts, and once again, very, very proud of you all. You amaze me!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

Fifties Lady,

I would encourage you to share your reservations with the center representative. Maybe they can break down the cost for you somehow to make it more manageable. I too was skeptical at first but dove in feet first because I've tried weight watchers, Jenny Craig, South beach, and on my own to no avail. South beach is what my primary care physician recommends, but my OB/GYN recommended MRC. Mrc has similar philosophies but carries it to another level by watching the sodium and caffeine. What has made the difference for me is the two weigh ins a week and the support you get. It's not a big rah rah meeting like WW. It's individual wellness. They monitor your B/P, ketones, they take measurements periodically so you see tangible evidence of progress...not just the scale.

I really understand the money issue...I am a nurse at a school so I make a teacher's salary. Not much left after the bills. I took some out of savings to do this for me. I decided it was all or nothing this time, I either do this for it's entirety, or stay fat forever. I am NOT going to be fat forever! It's a committment...and that has reinforced my efforts. I'm not gonna waste the money for anything. Basically...this time, I just might be saving my own life as well. Like any program, there are people who it just does not match up with. It's not for everyone. I needed the extra counseling and wellness watches. I hope you find what matches you if this is not the right one. What has to come first...is you and your wellness. If you are not well and healthy, you cannot be there for those you care about...taking care of yourself IS taking care of the ones you love. Keep that in mind no matter what. Bless you!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #53  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
Congrats on your loss and have a great party!! I've already decided that I won't be buying any more program time. Now I'm just trying to decide whether to do stabilization and maintenance. Mostly I'm considering doing it for the paperwork so I have ALL the tools and can pick a couple months each year, do the plan again, lose another 20 lbs and then stabilize and maintain on my own till I'm somewhere normal.
Hi Connie! Thanks for the congrats, party was fun! How much longer before your current contract ends?

I would talk to the center, my contract ended a month ago and they let me continue without re-signing for an additional 4 weeks. Now I am on week 1 of stabilization so I won't have to pay for maintenance until 6 weeks. Each week you will be given a new menu in stabilization and they want you to start weening yourself off of the HNS by one a day....if you are taking 4 then cut down to 3 then next week 2 then 1 then none. Also, regarding the supplements, I was told to continue with what I have now until gone then all they want you to continue with during maintenance is the multivitamin and flax. She said some people continue with the MRC6 but it is entirely your choice. So it appears after paying for maintenance there won't be any more out of pocket except the flax and multi. I would recommend that you do both stabilization and maintenance, that was where I failed the last time I did MRC. I am going to do it right this time!

Have a great rest of the week and good luck on your next WI! You are doing awesome, I bet you feel amazing too!

Take care!
Mel
Old 05-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

Ok so I went to WI today and I am down to 182.0 YEA!!! I have been on program for only 1 wk the other week was pre-cond. I feel so good. I am finally able to put on my shorts again. Now I can put on my shorts and button without feeling like I am being cut in half.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #55  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfulmommy View Post
Ok so I went to WI today and I am down to 182.0 YEA!!! I have been on program for only 1 wk the other week was pre-cond. I feel so good. I am finally able to put on my shorts again. Now I can put on my shorts and button without feeling like I am being cut in half.
Congratulations and way to go! That's an awesome feeling, isn't it?

I really need some different lunch ideas. The last 3 days at lunch I have about made myself sick from eating salad. Today I literally had a dry heave while attempting to finish my salad. I 'thing' I only like broccoli/cauliflower/green beans cooked. Tonight I'm going to try a tuna casserole that uses spaghetti squash and HOPE that I like it as another alternative. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as salads/raw veggies go? For my salads, I have used cucumbers (seedless), spinach, and iceburg lettuce. I have made the Apple Salad recipe and like it and the Spinach strawberry/chicken recipe and liked it but I think I'm already burnt out on those. Yesterday I tried the Apple/Celery Salad and liked it, it was just TOO much. My mom gave me the idea to put those same ingredients in the strawberry/banana jello and try it that way for a different flavor. Any ideas for such a picky eater?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Congratulations and way to go! That's an awesome feeling, isn't it?

I really need some different lunch ideas. The last 3 days at lunch I have about made myself sick from eating salad. Today I literally had a dry heave while attempting to finish my salad. I 'thing' I only like broccoli/cauliflower/green beans cooked. Tonight I'm going to try a tuna casserole that uses spaghetti squash and HOPE that I like it as another alternative. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as salads/raw veggies go? For my salads, I have used cucumbers (seedless), spinach, and iceburg lettuce. I have made the Apple Salad recipe and like it and the Spinach strawberry/chicken recipe and liked it but I think I'm already burnt out on those. Yesterday I tried the Apple/Celery Salad and liked it, it was just TOO much. My mom gave me the idea to put those same ingredients in the strawberry/banana jello and try it that way for a different flavor. Any ideas for such a picky eater?
I'm adicted to the taco salad without cheese:
4 oz lettuce (any variety)
2 oz chopped tomatoes
1 oz green onion
1-2 oz jalapenos (or me...I use a whole jalapeno because I like spicy stuff)
4 oz cooked chicken breast - put in food processor with 1 TBSP of chili powder
2 TBSP fresh salsa

Toss everything together in a bowl. VERY yummy. I think I eat it for Lunch/Dinners at least 4 times a week.

I also love the Chineese Chicken Salad:
4 oz cooked chicken breast - cooled
4 oz shredded cabbage
2 oz bamboo shoots (I don't like these so I just up my other veggies)
2 oz green bell pepper, chopped
2 oz green onion, chopped
2 oz tomato, diced
For dressing mix .25 tsp garlic powder, .25 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp balsamic vinager, 2 tsp olive oil, .25 tsp grated ginger root, 1 pkt of splenda and 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds

Mix everything together and let sit for 15-30 mins before eating. SO YUMMY!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #57  
Lynn

Thank you very much for sharing!!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #58  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

OMG, I am so frustrated! I went off plan this weekend and I am trying to get back going but have been so busy. I work today, I have only gotten in one glass of water the whole day! Ugghh, once you stray this far it is hard to get back. Need encouragement! I am going to my center tomorrow for WI and really dread the results.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #59  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
OMG, I am so frustrated! I went off plan this weekend and I am trying to get back going but have been so busy. I work today, I have only gotten in one glass of water the whole day! Ugghh, once you stray this far it is hard to get back. Need encouragement! I am going to my center tomorrow for WI and really dread the results.
I don't know what words of encouragement I can offer you, as I'm new to this whole 'frustration' thing as well (as my center showed me up 2 lbs yesterday and I believe I'm on a plateau). All I can say is that I'm thinking about you and hopefully we can get through this together!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #60  
Lynn

So I must confess to what I made for dinner. I had spaghetti squash, had ground bison w/a little bit of 'heart healthy' spaghetti sauce for flavor, a dash of parmesean cheese, and garlic bread. It tasted so good!! even my 19-month old ate a little bit of it! Especially after the day I've had it tasted really good! And it's a relief to know I like spaghetti squash!!
Closed Thread