Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #1  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Mrc---take 35

Well, its May and time to start a new chat thread. I hope everyone had a wonderful April and ready to move on to the new month with new goals. I was thinking maybe everyone could post and chat about what your goals for May are. Especially since it is the summer months I think alot of peoples activities and goals might change some. I know my goal during this summer are to keep on program and try to avoid alot of the summer foods that are not our friends. I would like to hear what everyone else has planned for this summer, so come on and chat!!! Huggers!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

I'm hoping to add in more exercise this summer, i.e. weight training and mountain biking. I gained a lot of weight after I broke my leg five years ago and haven't been able to ride the trails like I used to. So my other goal is to hit the trails before the end of the summer...I just got a new bike! I need to build up strength and lose more poundage so I can haul myself up the hills. I miss biking! I believe I can stick with this long enough to lose the pounds...It's not that long compared to the years of living a restrictive life because I'm too heavy to do what I want. Additionally, I'm committed to maintain the loss so I never have to go through this again!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169.5/159/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I'm new to the program and have been reading the posts for a week and thought it was a good time to say hi with the start of a new board. So far I am really excited about the program, I did the preconditioning for 5 days, and started the yellow menu Monday, and yesterday was my first day to start the blue menu. I have lost 6lbs so far (just using MRC scale) I will be going in on Monday for my next WI so I am really excited!

My goal for May is to lose a minimum of 12lbs (since MRC says you can lose between 3-5lbs a week, I figured I would start on the small end) I also want to start some sort of formal working out, instead of the everyday hustle and bustle with a husband, 4 kids, 3 dogs, and 2 cats!!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188.5/ticker/145

I've got a crazy summer planned but a fun one. I'm spending 2 weeks in Australia and then I'm going to work on moving to a new city for a graduate program next year. I think it'll be good for my weight loss though because I won't be as stressed as I am right now with the end of the semester and everything is coming due and then there's finals.

I am happy though cause when I weighed myself this morning I am 3 tenths of a pound away from breaking 170 on my home scale. So that gives me motivation to go work out today and try to get it off.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #5  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Today was my first WI and I am down 2 lbs. after difficult first week... that was just the inspiration i needed!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Noahsmama
- I've never tried making the spaghetti squash in the micro but I have made it by cutting it in half, scooping out the seeds and placing it in a pan cut side up then adding water to cover the bottom of the pan about 1/2". Baked it maybe 375 for about 30 min. When you pull it out it should be slightly golden on top and you should be able to take a fork and run it through the inside of the squash and create the "spaghetti" strands. I then topped it with freshly diced slightly cooked tomatoes that I used to create my own "spaghetti sauce". I did like the squash, it was a nice change. I followed the directions in the MRC cookbook to make it but Denise recently posted the same directions somewhere on this site. Let me know how the micro goes, sounds simple.

[QUOTE=fireice13;2724223]I've got a crazy summer planned but a fun one. I'm spending 2 weeks in Australia and then I'm going to work on moving to a new city for a graduate program next year. I think it'll be good for my weight loss though because I won't be as stressed as I am right now with the end of the semester and everything is coming due and then there's finals.

Wow fireice,
Australia sounds like alot of fun and certainly a well deserved break from school. I went through similar situation a few years ago with school and the stress that goes with it ... I was not trying MRC though ... instead I was putting on 25 lbs on top of the 75 extra lbs I was already carrying!! Sounds like you're really doing good despite it. Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacAg08 View Post
Today was my first WI and I am down 2 lbs. after difficult first week... that was just the inspiration i needed!
Welcome and congrats! You're off to a great start.

[QUOTE=fcpeters831;2724207]Hi, I'm new to the program and have been reading the posts for a week and thought it was a good time to say hi with the start of a new board. So far I am really excited about the program, I did the preconditioning for 5 days, and started the yellow menu Monday, and yesterday was my first day to start the blue menu. I have lost 6lbs so far (just using MRC scale) I will be going in on Monday for my next WI so I am really excited!

Welcome!

My goals for the summer....
1. Complete the C25K (Couch to 5k) program and be able to run a 5k by the end of the summer.
2. Hit Onederland by July
Old 05-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #7  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Hello everyone! I have an appointment Monday morning with MRD center...I am nervous but excited, I am DONE living in a body I HATE! I need all the support I can get ... Any suggestions for someone just getting started? I especially am curious about which supplements I should purchase from them and also, what are the M (?something?) drinks that you have to buy...do they suppress appetite or what... Sorry for so many questions but I want to go in prepared! Thanks lovelies!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #8  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace1234 View Post
Hello everyone! I have an appointment Monday morning with MRD center...I am nervous but excited, I am DONE living in a body I HATE! I need all the support I can get ... Any suggestions for someone just getting started? I especially am curious about which supplements I should purchase from them and also, what are the M (?something?) drinks that you have to buy...do they suppress appetite or what... Sorry for so many questions but I want to go in prepared! Thanks lovelies!!!
Welcome!! It's such an exciting journey and committment that you've chosen to make. Me, personally, I'm on All Day Weight Loss (appetite suppressant and thermogenic), Corti-trim (helps with the 'bulge' around the tummy), MSM (helps with elasticity of skin as you lose), and MRC-6 (my center called it 'lypo' in a bottle). You have to take Flax Seed Oil (I bought mine from them, but I may look elsewhere for it the next time I buy it) and a multi-vitamin (they also sell their own version but honestly I'm still taking a pre-natal vitamin that I've been taking for about 2 years).

The HNS (high nutrient supplements) are a requirement of the plan. How many a day depends on which menu you are put on. I'm on the Meta-Slim Plus and my minimum is 3 and I can have as many as 5 a day.

For those of you that are on the 3-5 range, do you notice a difference in your weight losses if you take the 5 a day? I've been just taking 3 and wondered if uping it would help in the losses.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/137/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone!

Had my WI yesterday and lost 2 lbs. I finally got to sign the 10 lb board! Woo Hoo! I go to the center twice a week to weigh in and have noticed a pattern developing. When I weigh on Wed. I don't show a loss, but by the time I weigh on Sat. my loss shows up.

I may just start going once a week as I have an hours drive to the center each way.

I have a couple of trips planned for the summer. My goal is to stay OP during these trips as much as possible. I also plan to start exercising more. Right now I am only walking occasionally.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/259/145

Height: 5'4

Good Morning,

I am two weeks into the beige plan, and so far as of last weigh in on Friday I am down 11 pounds. I am so excited, I honestly think I have found what might work for me. I have a long ways to go but seeing the weekly loss helps stay focused. My plan for May is to stay on program, start a exercise program of some sort, maybe I will start out walking and see where I go from there. I will have to admit that I am feeling better and have alot more energy. With the husband and 6 kids still at home I need all of the energy I can get. My long term goal is to be as close to goal by Oct 23, as I possibly can for our cruise. I am tired of going on cruises and sitting by the sidelines, I am ready to join in and do all the excursions offered. May goal though is 20 lbs. 264/252/145
Old 05-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #11  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Hey thanks Noahsmama! I printed it out to take with me so I dont forget to ask about all those suppliments. They will probably tell me but just in case! How old is your Noah? I have a 16month old and they look about the same age! Have a wonderful day! I cant wait to begin my journey and join all you other BIG LOSERS!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #12  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace1234 View Post
Hey thanks Noahsmama! I printed it out to take with me so I dont forget to ask about all those suppliments. They will probably tell me but just in case! How old is your Noah? I have a 16month old and they look about the same age! Have a wonderful day! I cant wait to begin my journey and join all you other BIG LOSERS!
You're quite welcome! Noah is almost 19 months old. I tried to go and get his 18-month pics taken today at Sears and he did NOT want to cooperate ARGH. He kept getting up and walking out of the room. So, we've rescheduled for next saturday. Luckily they know us there and have patience and we don't get charged a session fee! He's really showing his independence but it's so aggravating. Have you had problems getting pics with your daughter/son?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 188.5/ticker/145

I'm so excited I weighed myself this morning and I broke 170. Down to 169.8 now knowing my body it will probably put up one last gasp of fight and jump slightly up again before finally giving in. I'm hoping it doesn't do that but I'm kind of expecting it. My body does not like to lose weight if there ever was a famine I am built to survive it.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireice13 View Post
I'm so excited I weighed myself this morning and I broke 170. Down to 169.8 now knowing my body it will probably put up one last gasp of fight and jump slightly up again before finally giving in. I'm hoping it doesn't do that but I'm kind of expecting it. My body does not like to lose weight if there ever was a famine I am built to survive it.
Thats wonderful fireice!!! Don't give up and get discouraged! Maybe you can change up your exercise a bit to challenge your body so you'll keep losing. I think I'm going to add weight training in soon, though keeping in mind I may gain a little at first...but it will be muscle, which burns fat. Great job!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone...I am new...joined last night after reading many of the posts...I have many more to read. I have an appointment later today for my first consultation. I am nervous, not knowing what all this plan is about and the cost. I really am hoping I sign up and do this, I am totally disgusted with myself and my weight. I'm hoping so much this is the answer. All of you posters sound great and I envy all your weight losses, and I am so proud of you all. I think this site is exactly what I need. Thank you.
Closed Thread