Height: 5'4"

Birchie You go girl! You can do this!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:38 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Great to hear your enthusiasm, Birchie!

I'm home from a quick overnight trip. My last hurrah of the summer before I'm back to work on Monday. Way over my redline now and hopefully freaked out enough about it to get serious. Not sure why I only seem to have two modes?... Overeating or healthy eating... Black or white... Nothing in between. Guess that's why it will always be a lifelong journey for me.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:19 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It seems too early for back to school, Michele.

Another day without exercise and yet another drop in weight. Obviously, the food thing is working. I'm working on my laziness and will plan on getting back on track with that next week. I think we'll golf tomorrow, so that should help a little. I do need to practice the golf so I don't look like a total idiot at the tournament in a couple of weeks.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:05 PM   #199  
Workin' It

Allison, it is way too early for back to school. Our kids started back this past Monday 8/1, so teachers and staff went back mid-June. We did get out on 5/25.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 08-05-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #200  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Still at 149.8, and working this weekend AGAIN. It's all because of the new product release that I am supporting, originally scheduled for the end of July, then pushed out to next year, and now suddenly due for October. I've got to make some progress because I'll be taking eight days of vacation in another week.

I feel as though this vacation is past due, as I haven't felt much urgency to work since the Offsite drained down my energy level. Also the humidity is back today, after several bright, almost crisp days which made me think of back-to-school weather.

Still need to get to the gym and the bank today, do some laundry and some cooking.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:20 AM   #201  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm at 150 this morning. Eating and weight-training got me there. If I want to call myself successful, I can, if I spin this to myself as an inadvertent bulk. Now if I could manage a cut, I'd see what's built up underneath the fat.

Trying to be nicer to myself today and not freak out about the project work. I started to create a spreadsheet yesterday, after doing laundry and cooking and procrastinating on the Internet, but then backed off. I need to focus more this afternoon.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #202  

Weight down this morning which is a win for the weekend. I have my meal plan in place for the week. I'll sure be sorry when blueberries are no longer available at a good price. Right now, I'm getting 2 pounds for $6 at Trader Joe's and that is enough for me and DH for breakfasts.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #203  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Trying to work out what makes a nice lunch. It's beyond me at present. Any ideas?
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #204  

Birch, for my daily lunch, it is usually a pre-made salad. I don't know if they have them there, but we have what are called Bistro Bowls in the grocery stores--each has a lettuce or cabbage base with two or three different toppings and then dressing on the side. They even come with forks for convenience. And all are under 300 calories. We have this three times a week. The other two are generally light frozen entrees--also under 300 calories. And then a small yogurt (60 calories) for "dessert." Sometimes we opt for a half-portion of leftovers from dinner the night before or less often a sandwich.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #205  
in development

Thanks, Allison. Are the toppings protein of some kind?

When I'm very much on plan (I'm trying to get there), I tend to have either salad+protein or soup+perhaps a slice of bread. Today I had soup+salad and it really wasn't enough. I haven't cracked eating enough of the right things so I don't collapse by 4pm. 'Collapse' is much more than the normal dip in energy. I'm thinking about either eating much more at lunch or having something much more serious at 4pm as I rarely want to eat much later on. Today I had one of the flapjacks I made for visiting cousins and that really was not the best choice in the book.

How many calories do you eat in a day, Allison? I'm keeping track of these for the first time in an attempt to stop these crashes. I don't think I'm eating enough at present. That probably explains why I haven't quite had the oomph to go out for an afternoon walk today in this autumnal weather. I might manage something when I'm fuelled up after the evening meal. Should add that I did my routine of movement-based flexibility, corrective and floor exercises this morning, trying for accuracy and also speed to get my heart rate up.

Last edited by silverbirch; 08-07-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #206  

Some of the toppings are protein (meat, cheese, nuts) others are not (cranberries, toasted wontons, etc.)

I try to get about 300 calories for breakfast and lunch, a snack or two at around 100 or 150 each, and dinner around 500-600 calories. So, between 1300-1500 per day. My biggest calorie hurdle used to be alcohol, but I only drink on the weekends now, so it isn't as much of a problem.

I understand your late afternoon slump. I get that, too. My go-to for a quick snack is a dozen pistachios.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #207  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi all, just catching up on the thread after getting behind on, well, everything. New job is busy thus far, and I'm on primary duty starting tomorrow so fingers crossed I don't muck it up too badly. I have only a superficial understanding of all the computer systems, which fills me with trepidation. I'm cramming some last-minute material while watching Olympics. I liked the part of the opening ceremonies about climate change, did you all see it?
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #208  

We watched part of the opening ceremonies. Too many commercials and really not a long enough "show" IMO. I shouldn't complain, but I really didn't think it was on par with previous Olympics.

I am enjoying the games, though.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:47 PM   #209  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Reading all of your posts above, like a lurker. I'm annoyed because I posted TWICE 2 days ago, and each time, the 3FC server timed out on me (something was clearly wrong with the connection) and the website lost my post both times. After that, I didn't have the strength to post again, and I was soo mad.

On my end, it's amazing how fast the lost weight found me again, despite no evening snacking. I came home around 126 pounds and am now hovering around 129 again, every day a glass of water and a bowl of cheerios away from the dreaded 130. So of course, today DH and I finally used our purchased-in-April "Chocolate truffle lunch and lesson" since it would expire in another few weeks. That added around a thousand calories to my day, even skipping half the chocolate-dipped waffle and all of the cheese samples on offer.

JZJ, does primary duty mean clinical work? As in, being on call?

Silverbirch, part of my un-posted posts was a comment about your previous statement that your family is on board with your eating plan this time. I'm thinking this may be your perfect opportunity to ask DB to forego peanut butter and biscuits in the house, which you seem to regularly get in trouble with, and always say it's because he can't possibly be expected to do without them. Here's your moment to get them out!
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:10 AM   #210  
in development

Interested (and sorry) to hear that Andrea has rediscovered some pounds after being away, and that saef and Michele have returned with some. This food/exercise/sleep balance is so delicate.

I’m starting to think that a better awareness of the distribution of my calorie intake over the day would help me, in particular with eradicating the astonishing drops in energy I get in the afternoon. These are what, occasionally, drive me to the peanut butter. I don’t like eating much for my evening meal and front-loading of calories has worked well in the past so I’ll give it another whirl. I’m going to reinstate the mid-morning apple and cottage cheese I used to eat when I went to the gymn and see how far that gets me.

I don’t want to demonise peanut butter, Andrea, and it’s just peanuts – no sugar or salt. It’s part of the others’ diet and that’s fine with me. It’s just one of the things I turn to when I run out of steam so I have to address the main cause to get anywhere.