Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Wow! Alice! That's amazing all the way around. You rock!
That would be my dream at a farmer's marker.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #497  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Down to 151.3.

Include me as a person who gained weight recently. I know it's related to stress and portion size. It certainly isn't due to exercise, since this four-day split weightlifting routine that I've been following isn't easy. Each morning when I go to the gym, I'm slightly daunted by what I've got to do and relieved when I've finished.

Yesterday I sent an impatient email to the co-op management company, pointing out that almost two months have passed. They sent the mold remediation person in yesterday to look over the apartment and report back. Now the management company has go in & look again. All they do is look, assess and estimate. Nothing happens. The superintendent blames the management company and the management company blames the insurance company.

I will be so relieved when I see someone's actually done something.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I can only imagine your frustration, Saef. The blame game is the worst. We are still dealing with the anesthesiologist's bill from dh's surgery last December. The surgery center and the doctor are on our insurance plan. The anesthesiologist apparently isn't. We didn't choose him-- the doctor and the center did. Insurance refuses to pay. They claim the doctor hasn't provided all they need. The doctor says they did and want us to pay. We keep going round and round. Beyond frustrating but thank goodness it doesn't affect us the way your upheaval does.

I have a crazy busy day at work today as I try to jam my Friday into my Thursday so I can fly to Arizona tonight. I was bound and determined to get to the gym yesterday and really didn't have the time but I did get there and manage 30 minutes on the elliptical (I usually do 60). So, I consider that a win. My goal is to get my 10,000 steps at work at least as I won't be able to exercise formally today. At 2500 now. Better get moving! I did pack my exercise clothes and shoes. Not sure that I'll fit it in with less than 48 hours in Arizona, but I don't want a built in excuse in case I find the time.

I seem to have given dh my cold. Oops. Men can be such babies. I'll never hear the end of it.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #499  
Workin' It

Alice - jealous of your farmer's market! My little local one closed, haven't shifted to a new one yet. And high five on the plank!

Saef - frustrating.

Michele - that happens a lot with secondary providers. I hope it works out with your insurance company, I've seen doozies trying to resolve it all.

My rash seems to be getting better every day. Still some dry skin and discoloring, but improving. I'm still not exercising, she told me to wait until at least after I finished the antibiotics. Last day is tomorrow, I think I'll lay off exercise until Monday and start the week clean. I think.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #500  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Alice - nice-sounding farmers' market.

Shannon - good news about the rash.

Michele - have a great time in Arizona!

saef - any merit in going round to someone's office and 'being firm'?

So busy here in different directions. Spending an hour a day forking over a very congested flower bed in preparation for bulbs and plants moved from elsewhere. The hand on the scales is staying the right side of a significant number - that's got to be good.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:06 AM   #501  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Back up to this morning 152.9 after a rare occurrence -- a binge on roasted nuts after my dinner last night, while watching TV news, which does not seem coincidental. Also this happens when work is actually easing up.

If I am bingeing, I need to figure this out.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #502  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My weight is refusing to budge despite my attempts. Breakfasts this week have been yogurt or an apple. Snacks were a cheese stick. Lunches were salads or leftovers. Dinners small. Alcohol minimum--less than one per night. It's becoming depressing.

Next week, I have a doctor's appointment which is a bit alarming for me. I wonder if stress is in the equation.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote