Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-17-2016, 06:29 AM   #121  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm at 147 even this morning, and will have to work this afternoon, because I did not yesterday. And yet I did not do anything nice for me, really.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:37 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
I'm at 147 even this morning, and will have to work this afternoon, because I did not yesterday. And yet I did not do anything nice for me, really.
You changed your tag line under your avatar to "Girl Gone Strong". That's definitely a nice thing you've done for yourself, both the physical transformation and now stating it on 3FC.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #123  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Girl Gone Strong
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #124  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Love love Girl Gone Strong.

Shannon, keep us posted.

Finally weighed on a level surface- 145. The usual number lately.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sunday morning, weight unchanged.

I have my shopping list for the week and am going to omit granola. Granted I only put 1-2 tablespoons on my Greek yogurt (1/2 cup) and berries (1 cup) but maybe that little bit will help with my attempts at losing.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #126  
Workin' It

Also much love for Girl Gone Strong.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:36 PM   #127  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post

I have my shopping list for the week and am going to omit granola. Granted I only put 1-2 tablespoons on my Greek yogurt (1/2 cup) and berries (1 cup) but maybe that little bit will help with my attempts at losing.
I did post earlier about this but it isn't here. A mystery.

Allison
, I sometimes take your approach to breakfast but it seems to backfire later in the day. I peg out and eat too much. So then I tell myself that carbs in this form early in the day is good for me (seems to be very good for my digestion, for example) so I should cut down at a later point. I'm not madly successful with this either. Please keep us informed about how it works out for you.

I can't take granola/muesli/etc off the shopping list as they are an essential component of the DB's life as it is lived at present.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #128  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Sometimes doing nothing in particular is still a nice thing for you. It's as good as can be done.

My weight dropped half a pound a week ago and has stayed the same.

Fingers crossed for your DH, Shannon.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:50 AM   #129  
Girl Gone Strong

"Girl Gone Strong" is probably copyrighted, since it's a workout program, but I like the message behind it. The women who founded it belong to what I think of as the Nia Shanks School: They want women to think about being stronger, rather than just getting thinner and weighing less.

I'm up to 148.5, probably due to a sedentary Sunday with the airconditioner blasting and a big lunch with roasted chickpeas, hummus, goat cheese and almonds on top of a chopped salad.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #130  

I got on the scale this morning and promptly got off. Last night was our monthly wine dinner and they're always loaded with sodium. I did not over eat or over drink. My weight is up, but I won't let that get me down.

S-good 7 hours or so
E-30 minutes on the treadmill and this week I'll be adding in weights, so a good 45-60 minute workout at least three times this week (treadmill every day)
B-berries and yogurt
L-salad and yogurt
D-burgers and corn with carrots and celery
Old 07-18-2016, 09:43 PM   #131  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm managing to stay away from food in the evenings, in no small part because I've had a very hard time re-adjusting to this time zone, and I'm sleepy every night by 9. I've never in my life been a morning person, so it's kind of cool that I'm waking up spontaneously at 6 am or earlier. Not sure how long it'll last, but it's a lot easier to eat a modest breakfast and then be done with food than it is to eat a late dinner without having either seconds or dessert. I'm with Silverbirch though, about having enough; breakfast has to be at least 300 calories and include at least 10 gm of protein and some fat for me to not get hungry before lunch.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:54 AM   #132  
Girl Gone Strong

Up to 149.7 this morning, some fluid retention from salty beef stew and sriracha hummus at lunchtime -- but again, from simply eating too much. I don't like seeing that weight, particularly on the eve of a business trip. That impending trip, project work and doing midyear reviews is not helping.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:24 AM   #133  

Tuesday morning, weight down slightly.

S-good 7 hours
E-30 minutes treadmill, weights
B-berries & Greek yogurt
L-salad and yogurt
D-not sure what is on the Blue Apron menu for tonight
Old 07-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #134  
Workin' It

Met a friend for breakfast this morning before work, at a self described 'healthy option' restaurant near my office. I had something called a Chikichanga - Whipped eggs with spicy all-natural white-meat chicken, chorizo sausage, green chilies, Cheddar and Monterey Jack, onions and avocado rolled in a flour tortilla. Topped with Vera Cruz sauce and sour cream. Served with fresh fruit and fresh, seasoned potatoes. It was really good, and didn't feel terribly heavy. I'm not sure it was rolled in a flour tortilla - it may have been rolled like a thin omelet. I may not eat much lunch though, it was more volume than I normally have for breakfast.

Yoga, elliptical and headspace done this morning before breakfast. Drinking some coffee now. Working on not worrying.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #135  

Well, I ended up not exercising yesterday because I came down with a horrible case of heartburn at lunch and it just kept getting worse. It finally went away after dinner but then came back at bed time. I don't usually get heartburn, so this was really uncomfortable and I didn't have any Tums or anything to take to relieve it.

Wednesday morning, weight down slightly.

S-not so good 7 hours. Spent several hours coughing off and on this morning. I'm thinking it is the side effect of my blood pressure medicine because I'm not sick and it was not a productive cough--more of a nervous hack
E-treadmill and weights
B-berries and Greek yogurt
L-salad and yogurt
D-fresh vegetable pasta