Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-25-2016, 06:45 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

How frustrating Shannon! Hope you get some answers soon!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:02 AM   #167  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I'm travelling so have only just caught up. Shannon, I do hope you get an answer soon. Your DH can't just be left to suffer.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:06 AM   #168  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Shannon - to you and DH. I can't imagine too many scenarios more scary or frustrating. Time to invoke all of those Headspace lessons!

Alice, it's so good to hear that you are doing well with your treatment and keeping your bright, sunny outlook! Glad you are close to finishing this chapter up and moving on!

Saef (GGS), I've been going the slightly-hungry route lately, and while I don't love it, it does seem to have halted my continual upward creep. I'm still eating most of the same things, but I deliberately avoid having as much as I'd like to have. It was a successful strategy before and I am hoping it will still work.

Andrea, welcome back from China!

I still have a lot of catching up. I am trying to make some significant lifestyle changes regarding more movement and better choices of the things I am feeding myself in many ways. 3FC was one of the habits that worked, and I need to come back.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Tuesday morning. Had a strange dream last night--DH and I were on a cruise with a couple of friends of ours. And we were taking racing lessons with our shared Lamborghini. Strangest part was driving the car into the ship's elevators...

And I was negligent in exercising yesterday. I had a late afternoon salesman come in and it put me late in leaving work and I got home an hour later than usual and I just didn't want to do it. I also got my Blue Apron box and the empanadas that I fixed were more labor intensive so I'm kind of glad I didn't exercise as that would have made me rush through the process of making the empanadas and I'm sure they wouldn't have turned out so good.

And, weight down this morning. That much is good!

B-berries (ran out of plain Greek yogurt)
L-salad and Activia yogurt
D-fettucini
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #170  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Spent a wonderful two hours at the local beach after work with friend and kids. What a nice break - I need to do more of that this summer!

My scale finally croaked. DH and I were laughing that both of us were 46% fat. I bought what I thought was going to be a cool WW scale with lots of analysis features, but I don't know if the darn thing needs to burn in or what. I get, literally, 5 pounds of variation in stepping on it multiple times. The floor is level and hard. I'm giving the thing a few more days and then I'm returning it.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #171  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Returning home this evening from a 3 day conference in Toronto (hi Dagmar!). This is really the trip from ****; connecting flight was cancelled on the way out so I spent hours in line getting put on a different one the next morning, then a sleepless night in a hotel room with a faulty A/C from which I had to leave at 5:00 am so I could get the 6:45 flight to Toronto. Now, I head home on a flight that's once again delayed, and no matter when I get home tonight, I have patients waiting for me in the clinic tomorrow at 8 am. And, oh yes, I am on hospital duty all weekend.

So sorry to hear about your hubbie's unhelpful diagnostic test Shannon. There is little worse than the not knowing stage of a diagnostic evaluation.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Andrea

I am finally taking a "vacation" vacation day. We are going to Niagara Falls as tourists. Hubby thinks he will drag me around on research look-sees of houses but I'm going on protest. I've spent 3 days whipping around in St. Catharines looking at all sorts of stuff and now it's time to relax a bit.

And I'm determined to find a big salad to eat for lunch. Probably at McDonald's, which is it's own form of irony yes?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #173  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Home from San Diego on a red-eye with a crying baby in the adjacent aisle. I can't sleep upright on a plane but I can nod off at my desk, especially during a meeting. I feel glazed over and not quite real. I'm running the air conditioners because my apartment was stifling and overwarm and candles in the wall sconces have gone lopsided from melting a little. Must have had some 90-degree days while I was gone. I'm actually "working" because the guy who was supposed to cover for me begged and begged to be able to leave for Maine on Friday, rather than Saturday. I will probably end up lying down for a while anyway but checking email periodically.

No idea what I weigh, but I feel like I've gained. I ate a lot of meat every tine I had access to it. My breakfasts are much larger than the average woman's at the conference. But I didn't eat pastries, cookies, cake or parfaits.

Last edited by saef; 07-29-2016 at 09:01 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #174  

Friday morning, weight down, farther down this week than last. The inevitable yo-yo this weekend might not be so bad.

Went to the doctor for my annual yesterday. We discussed my weight (I brought it up, not he). I said that I had lost 10 pounds earlier this year while not on any hormones and gained it all back within a week once on the hormones. He said that hormones usually raise the basal metabolic rate so losing weight or keeping it off should be easier on hormones. In any case, he said things look really good and that he wants me to cut my hormone pills in half for a month or so. If that goes well (no hot flashes), then I can cut them in fourths.

So glad it's Friday. I need a morning where I can sleep in a little.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #175  
Girl Gone Strong

I slept a few hours, weighed in around 3 PM and I'm 144.3. Looks like those huge heaping plates of vegetables with meat on top which amazed my female tablemates at meal-times (though not the men) did me good. But it could also be that the plane dehydrated me into a walking piece of beef jerky.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:51 PM   #176  

Got back from Tokyo yesterday.
Fighting jet lag.
Clothes are super tight so I'm reining it back in!
I exercised a lot but certainly over indulged.
Hoping it comes off somewhat quickly but we will see.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:42 AM   #177  
Girl Gone Strong

First morning after the ordeal of the 40-hour day due to the redeye and subsequent recovery, and I'm at 145.2. That's surely from rehydrating. I feel just like Andrea, only my trip was only about five days long: What is the lesson learned, and how do I carry it into my daily life?

I went to bed at midnight and woke up around 4:30 AM, so I'm still trying to synch up with my usual schedule. I feel tired despite the caffeine. I need to avoid napping today to get good & tired and ready to sleep later today.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:01 AM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
First morning after the ordeal of the 40-hour day due to the redeye and subsequent recovery, and I'm at 145.2. That's surely from rehydrating. I feel just like Andrea, only my trip was only about five days long: What is the lesson learned, and how do I carry it into my daily life?

I went to bed at midnight and woke up around 4:30 AM, so I'm still trying to synch up with my usual schedule. I feel tired despite the caffeine. I need to avoid napping today to get good & tired and ready to sleep later today.
Good luck staying up!
I'm hoping I mostly beat jet lag by wearing myself out physically and forcing myself to stay up.
I woke up once during the night and had some trouble getting back to sleep but did eventually.

I went to bed hungry and woke up down 1.6 from yesterday so probably still dumping water. Smidge under my redline but still a few pounds higher than when I left and about 8 pounds higher than I really want to be.

Off for a big walk this morning with Ellie and a friend. Hoping to do bikram after which should wear me out physically again.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:12 AM   #179  

Saturday morning. Weight unchanged from yesterday.

We were going to golf, but decided sleeping in would be better. Glad we did! Woke up to a severe wind warning and it looks like we've got either a haboob out there or super amounts of humidity which usually brings the "rotten egg" smell from the Salton Sea. In any case, staying inside as much as possible is on tap for the day. Still have errands to run, though.

We've decided to take a hiatus from Blue Apron for a few weeks as most of the recipes didn't look appealing nor would they easily split to feed three instead of two. So now I have to make menus. I think first off, I'll go to Trader Joe's and pick up some easy to fix things from there. Gyros one night is already on tap.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:49 AM   #180  
Girl Gone Strong

How is your recovery going, Michele? I got to bed at just about the right time last night, but slept in rather later than planned. Of course, it was three hours later than my usual wake-up -- so I'm still not synchronized.

I'm back at 147.7 this morning. That didn't take long, did it? This is partly due to no exercise at all on Friday, and yesterday, just 20 minutes on the StairMaster, which was about all that I felt I could do. My ebb and flow still doesn't feel right.