Old 08-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good evening ladies! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was POOP most of the weekend due to running around and meds. Those steroids really do make you hungry! I did ok yesterday by getting some fruit and a Slim Fast from the 7-11 during the day while getting DH's room at school set up for the year, but then I was cleaning out the fridge and made a taco salad for dinner, so I had a few extras. But really... am I going to leave 1 1/2 taco meat, and 1/2 oz cheese left in there? I know the answer should either be "yes", or "throw it away, then", but I was weak... (and hungry).

Today, I had my LA Jetstart and blueberries, and then I had to cook for a sick relative. The stuff I was cooking (pasta with ricotta and sausage, and gnocchi with turkey sausage meatballs) needed tasting along the way, so I decided to forego lunch since I knew I had to taste to add spices, etc. I did pretty good with that, and now that I'm typing it, it doesn't seem so bad, but it still feels like I should be up 10 lbs tomorrow! DH made spaghetti and meatballs and cheesy garlic bread for dinner, too. I had two meatballs (P) and 2 slices of bread, and about 1/3 c pasta. I know too many starches were had, but it was the first time he made this and it was SOOOOO good.

OK... I've confessed enough. I need to get back on track. I have my week's menus planned and shopped, and I am ready!

Joni - As for the food combining, I think that red meat with a starch like a potato will take longer to digest, so it will look like a "gain" on the scale, but I don't think it would be a permanent gain. I have my proteins and starches separately about 1/2 the time. I would say that if you are noticing a slow down, then listen to your COD. Every body is different. What slows you down won't necessarily slow me down, ya know?

Sommer - I finally got a chance to read some of your blog. I love it. You've definitely got a gift with the writing.

Jenni - I wouldn't worry about the pizza this one time. If you're sick, take care of yourself. I don't always get everything in when I'm sick, but I do try to make sure what I do get in is somewhat good for me. But... notice I said TRY. Nobody's perfect. And sometimes pizza is all that will do!

Stacy, Prazteam - Congrats with the WL

Sherry, Katie, HeatherPP, HeatherCP, Lea Ann, Evette, Lori, Kristi, Bre, and anyone else I missed - HI - Hope you guys had a good weekend!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:58 PM   #332  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey guys, had a great time camping. I started out with the best of intentions as far as food goes, but ended up getting way too much alchol. Copper Camels and Tequila Rose. My 2 favorite drinks, and they both must be insanely high in calories. We did pick a bunch of huckleberries yesterday, so I am really thrilled to have some in the freezer. I don't really know how to count them, I am thinking about 3/4 must equal a fruit.

Bre- I really don't know anymore. I think some of them still lurk a lot, I know Deets is out there somewhere (Hey girl!), I really miss those ladies.

Hope everyone has a great night!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:12 AM   #333  

Happy Monday morning (or close) to everyone!

I'm trying to catch up on reading but everyone is very busy! Here in Mass, LAWL has open house Monday/Tuesday and they have all products on sale (30% off) -- I think weeks too. I might buy more weeks because I know I will be going for a while; right now I am paid until the 2nd week in January 07 -- but I know I will be on program for at least 6 more months after that--

I have to say that I wanted to reach out and hug the friend who hid the other half of sandwich during lunch; I'm osrry I forget who wrote it but what a wonderful friend ... she is a keeper for sure!

Not so good weekend here; yesterday started out good but had a cookout, which turned into a fun party; I had about 3-4 vodka and fresca drinks, and then had chinese food afterwards -- not a good choice; trying to be good today/tomorrow to make up for it; I weigh in on Tuesday morning.

I still havnt had time to journal -- its hard to get back into things. My exercise has been next to nothing, but I'm wondering if that is a good thing to re-start my wieght loss ...

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Not much to report over on this end. I wasn't that great this weekend, with leftover birthday cake, chips & salsa, and pretzels. And yesterday, I had pasta, garlic bread, more cake, ice cream. AAGGHH!! Wayyy too many starches. Somebody kick me to get me going again!!

Soooo, I am going to (try to) do TO using the V8 splash, unlimited protein & veggies today & tomorrow, and see how it works out for Wednesday's WI. Any joiners out there? Come on, you know you want to ...
I am overdue to get back on track, and now it's time for NO MORE EXCUSES!! I need to go full speed ahead ...

Katie - glad you had fun camping. What is a Copper Camel??

Congrats to any WL losers over the weekend.

to all those who have WI today!!

Here's to a great POP day to everyone!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:05 AM   #335  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Sherry--glad you asked about the copper camel--I'm curious too.

Sorry I haven't written in a while--hectic week, company is still here and my eating has been terrible--I told my mom obviously she is my trigger for eating (jokingly but probably more true than we care to admit!) just too much good cooking. My shower is tore out so everything is a wreck which makes me feel all disorganized. Two more workdays then school starts Weds.--today I have to have a major sit down with my boss over "other duties as assigned" please wish me luck--I am nervous--which is really out of character for me--I HATE being new.

I hope you all have a great day--will catch up later--missed you all lately.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:27 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Lea Ann - Good Luck with your new job!! You are gonna love it! I thought my kids went back early. They go back on August 30. Where I grew up, school always started the first Wednesday AFTER Labor Day.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:39 AM   #337  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Cassi- Good luck getting back into the swing of things. Thanks for reading too :-) I'm enjoying the blog, I think it makes me feel better in general.

Lea Ann- Good luck on your job!

Sherry- TO sounds good right about now but I haven't been able to plan it into my schedule for a while. I really need to do it though, I've been bouncing up and down on the same 5 lbs for about two weeks now, mostly due to my own lack of willpower but I can't stop feeling cravings for things. I can't join you today, but my thoughts are with you.

Katie- Welcome back from camping! I like camping but we never seem to go. Our summers consist of too much heat and humidity and I just can't seem to enjoy myself when I'm that hot.

Well I was super-duper good this weekend. Bizarre. My weekends are usually my biggest problems. Last night I made boneless ribs in a BBQ marinade which I marinaded in for almost 48 hours. KC BBQ sauce has come out with a low cal sauce that I love. I "marinaded" a few pieces lightly with it, but the sauce has only 10 calories a serving and is low in sodium. I was excited. No plain ribs for me! And since I saw a 2 lb loss this morning it obviously did nothing to hinder me. This morning I'm trying something new. I'm having a raspberry/strawberry fat free yogurt with a little OJ and soy protein smoothie. The raspberries are making it a little tart, but it's pretty good. I bought it from a little vendor downstairs in the hospital. I've been kicking around the idea of getting the Magic Bullet and making smoothings in it in the morning instead of plain old fruit. I'm going to need to make my meals portable when school starts.

I hope everyone is having a good morning even though it is monday. I missed talking to everyone over the weekend!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #338  

Sommer - DH actually wanted the Magic Bullet since it came out. I bought it for him for his b-day this year, which coincided with my LAWL start, funny enough. I love it! Onions and garlic tend to get liquified, so I wouldn't use it for that, but for morning smoothies, you can't beat it. I use 1/2c yogurt and 1/2c skim milk, though, since all yogurt made it too thick for the bullet to mix. Also, if you're using frozen fruit, let it defrost a little bit before using it if you use all yogurt. I actually put the milk and yogurt in it and put it in the fridge the night, and then add the fruit in the morning so it's really quick.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #339  
Back-on-track!

Cassi- I bought the magic bullet for a friend of mine last christmas. She loves it too! She makes a lot of pasta sauces and pesto sauces in it. I think I'd like to use it for that too. I usually make my own pasta sauce by using my pampered chef slicer thing which bounds the tomatos into chunky wet messes that end up tasting good as a sauce. I've been kind of putting it off but I'm really interested in having one. Thanks for the recipe hint, I'll try that when I get one!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #340  
PurpleSunshine

Hiya chickies!! I'm going to have to catch up on the personals - I've had a totally POOP weekend - drinking and eating and just letting my hair down.
I'm getting back on track this morning though. I figured this week would be good since DH is out of town ..I can totally concentrate on what I need and want - (eating wise anyway)

As far as "my news" - I don't have it yet - hopefully coming around sometime this week - I will definitely let you guys know as soon as I get it - don't want to jinx anything though.

Hope everyone is doing good. Cassi - I hope you are feeling better!!!

Lori - girl - please share my sunshine - don't steal it completely :LOL: - glad you're registration went well!!!

anyway - off to get some work done - hopefully chat with you ladies later!

Later
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #341  
FBD/8-18-08

Good morning everyone!
I got up to a gorgeous 74 degrees at 9am and it put a little kick in my "gitty-up". Had our lunch and dinner ready and my kitchen scoured by 10. (good grief, I need to get a life!)
Thanks to all for the well wishes!

Sherry, I'm curious about your unlimited proteins and veggies for two days. Can you tell me about it? (I'm new, remember?)

Lee Ann, congrats on your new job. How exciting!

Katie, I don't drink at all, but I love the names of the drinks! Can't wait to see what they are!

Sommer, I'd love the name of the marinade you're using, please. And, I made pasta sauce from fresh tomatoes for the first time this weekend and canned 12 quarts of it! WOO HOO! A friend of mine told me an easy way to make it (her grandmother is 100% Italian) It was delicious! We have more tomatoes than we, our neighbors, and our church can use, so that's a way to use them for the winter.
Stayed on plan all weekend except for 1 extra low carb tortilla shell. Not bad for a weekend.
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #342  
Back-on-track!

Pearl- I'll post it later today when I get home from work. It's by KC Masterpiece BBQ brand, and it has the label "LOW CALORIE" on it and only 10 calories a serving! It tastes really good for being low cal/low sodium. I don't know the flavor off the top of my head, but my store only had one. I was really happy when I saw it, I was afraid my boneless ribs would be sauceless. I'm glad some of the good brands are finally starting to come out with low cal, reduced fat, low sodium versions of their products. Mrs. Dash has a no sodium marinade line now too.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #343  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!

Sherry- A Copper Camel is 1 shot of Bailey's Irish Creme with 1 shot of butterscotch snapps. They are to die for. Tequila Rose is a blend of strawberry creme liquor and tequila. Again, so good that you don't realize how drunk you are getting. We were drinking and playing cards in my sisters tent, her boyfriend about had me peeing my pants I was laughing so hard at his "Napolean Dynomite" impressions. When we left their tent I tripped over one of the tent strings and nearly killed myself, which led to lots more drunken laughter. Oh, the fun. Now of course we are back to reality.

HeatherPP- Still holding my breath for you. Can you see me turning blue?

Pearl- Way to go on having an on plan weekend!

Sommer- 2 lbs? That is fantastic. Kudos to you too, for having an OP weekend!

Lea Ann- You just tell them the way it is, girlfriend!

Joni- That plan really disagrees with the way to Insulin Resistance book tells you to eat. Funny how many different things we always hear on this subject, huh?

Cassi- My sisters both have the Magic Bullet. I have really been coveting theirs. I am a kitchen gadget junkie.

Jenni- That sounds like the best friend ever!

Camie- Welcome aboard!

I am savoring a dish of huckleberries right now. I used 3/4 cup of berries, a couple of tablespoons of FF creamer, and a few drops of vanilla cream stevia. Oh, man, I am in heaven. DH promised to go pick with me on Sunday morning. It will be our last chance before they are gone for the year. I would really like to get a lot of them frozen for the year. I thought that I might buy a flat of rasberries and make individual baggies of rasberries and huckleberries mixed that I can freeze and use for a fruit. Tonight I have a real trial. Our street is having a block party. My mom is insisting on us going. I like our neighbors, but everytime I run into them, all they want to do is hound us about going to church. I am not coming back to their church. I do not believe in it, and I do not want to raise my children in it. How do I nicely tell them to back off, and still stay friendly with them? I refuse to get into a debate with them about religion. How would you guys handle this?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #344  

Katie - I'm not sure if you can fit this in to whatever religion you or your neighbors are, but DH is jewish, and we are raising DS jewish. We have many fellow neighbors and teachers here trying to tell us to check out their churches. I know they are well-meaning, and most of them do not even realize we are jewish. We always tell them that Jesus went to a synogogue, and if it was good enough for him, then it's good enough for us.

Maybe you can just tell them that you're still looking for that special place where you feel comfortable? Or you can reallly scare them and tell them you've converted to wicca?

I have a feeling Sommer might have something for you to say...
Old 08-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #345  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Hello my 'Dahling's -
OK, so I've been missing in action for a couple of weeks - bottom line is I've just been WAY BUSY. I've been lurking though and keeping up with everyone. You are all such an inspiration to me - and obviously to each other. There have been so many victories and NSV's - good job women!!! I so look forward to when I have the opportunity to take a break and see what you all are up to.

It's a stunning day here in MN, gosh I would love to play hooky. Anyone want to come with me?? I had a pretty good weekend - I just really find that weekends are SO TUFF - especially with the starches. I've been forgoing my bars on the weekends in order to get a little bit more food in during meal times with the family. It seems to be working for me, although I'm sure the COD would argue that this isn't the way to go. I have heard a couple of you say how to count them - can someone refresh my memory on how they should count?? THANKS

Evette - way to go on the compliment - gotta love when people that aren't even in your inner circle make a point of saying you look good!! CONGRATS

Sommer - LOVE LOVE LOVE my magic bullet - it's totally awesome for smoothies and for sauces(Pesto is the best this way!. DS uses it for milk shakes, and I make a low fat alfredo sauce that's so tasty (1 1/2 cup L/S hot chix broth, 1-2 T. flour, 2 T Non Fat cream cheese, 1 t. minced garlic, 1 T chopped fresh parsley!!! ). They have them on sale at Target periodically, I hate to pay full price for anything

Katie - sounds like the camping was fun. I'm with everyone else, what are those yummy sounding drinks you had too many of ? Sorry about the loss of 2 DC kids, but if they were problematic I'm sure it was a blessing in disguise. I'm with you, if the husband was a problem I'm so glad she had the courgage to get out.

Erin - GO ERIN!!!! GO ERIN!!!! GO ERIN!!! Watching your ticker makes me feel able to say no to all those nasty starches that are waiting to sabotage how hard I'm working. You are doing just AWESOME!

Lori - How was the little black dress - I'm sure you were just the HOTTEST chickie there. Sounds like your kick-off party was a big success! YEAH!

Heather PS - Ok, you've got me intriqued and my fingers are crossed that your news is what you want it to be.

Lea Ann - It totally bites to be new - I'm always so much more nervous than I need to be. I think it's the fear of the unknown, you know? Just remember that you are very good at what you do, and they are more than LUCKY to have you!!

Cassi - glad to hear that DR thinks it's just residual bronchitis crud that's still hanging on. Feel better soon!!!

To the rest of you strong women - esp. those of you braving the trials of TO this week - have a great week and remember that nothing tastes as good as having to pick a smaller size off the rack!!!

Smiles

Last edited by skipper; 08-14-2006 at 12:34 PM.
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote