Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:16 PM   #181  

How many pounds or partial pounds are normal to gain before/during T.O.M. I am so nervous about weigh in today. Last week was only my first week, and on my third weigh in, I was only down .2 and she asked if my T.O.M. was starting, and I said yes, because it was due yesterday. (actually got it today)... but I am just really nervous about weigh in due to this. Also, my husband is away for work until late Thursday night, and I am going through that depression where you don't really feel like eating, but i know i have to eat, because when I don't eat, I gain weight. linda
Old 06-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #182  

Height: 5' 4"

I usually gain around 2-3lbs before TOM, and it takes me until the following week to loose it. It's been really hard on me since my weightloss has slowed down so much. It seems that I maintain during the month because if I do lose weight, I gain waterweight After my TOM passes I have suddenly lost 2-3lbs, then the cycle starts all over again. I have been so frustrated about that lately. I know when I go to the center this week it's going to be bad. I can tell that I am bloated, and I gain my waterweight a week to a week and a half before. And, I am expecting it in a week.

I'm doing stabilization now, and I am actually having a hard time getting all my food in. I have added fruits, veggies, a dairy, and now a starch to my daily intake. I'm STUFFED
Old 06-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalChic
I'm doing stabilization now, and I am actually having a hard time getting all my food in. I have added fruits, veggies, a dairy, and now a starch to my daily intake. I'm STUFFED
That is too funny - who'd of thunk
Old 06-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #184  

Yes, I know....

It is funny... I am now eating 2 1/2 P, 3 S, 7 V, 2 F, 2 Dairy, & 1 fat. I didn't eat this much when I was 230lbs. It feels like I am eating constantly.

So I'm either cooking so I can eat, I am eating , or I am planning on what I am going to eat next.

I'm not sure how I am supposed to eat this much everyday for the rest of my life.......
Old 06-13-2005, 03:47 PM   #185  

Well Karen - From where I sit your plan is looking awfully good - 7 V? It's a good thing you graduated cuz you wouldn't have time for work, school and all the fixing/planning/eating.....lol
Old 06-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #186  

Yes, 7 vegs, it's supposed to be 5 V and 4 F; but there is no way I can eat 4 fruits a day. I've been on a modified plan the entire time with more veggies to compensate for the fewer fruits.

I know you are right about time to do all of this fixing, planning, and eating if I was still going to school....

Don't forget all of the shopping I've been doing. I actually got to eat some beets the other day. I am also planning some saurkraut this weekend. When they add foods, they add more varieties of foods. This week is adding a starch and new starch choices. I think in two weeks I get to add another fat and more fat choices. In the last week I get sweets
Old 06-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #187  

I'll bet it really does feel 'strange' to have to eat all that food. I mean after you had to be so careful for so long, then they tell you to like double it. Are you scared of gaining the weight back if you follow the 'more food' plan? I think I would and if I make it to stabilization before I go into the nursing home, I know it will be a challenge for me.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:25 PM   #188  

I don't do the lites. I'm on purple. I am sure you wouldn't have quite as much to try to eat in a day with a lower plan.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #189  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey Chicks-

Karen-How is stabilization going? Which week are you in? I'm probably going to start the end of June. I hit my goal weight but I have a camp out reunion that I'm waiting to get over with before I start stabilization.

912go- I usually just maintain during the T.O.M. and then when it's over I lose a pound or two. So I'm thinking I'm still losing weight, but I'm just holding on to some excess water weight.

Star- I wonder the same thing too about stabilization and eating more food. I know that I'm scared to do it. I'm scared of gaining weight back and It's going to be weird to just be happy with maintaining.

Well I hit the 90 pound mark!! So I've got my new fun avatar. I'm starting to get worried that I'm never going to want to stop losing. I don't know what that magic number is that I'll be happy at. I'm starting to think that it just keeps getting lower and lower. First it was around 150 or size 8. Now here I am size 8/6 some 4's and 145.4. and I'm still not satisfied. We'll see what happens.

Well the Michael Jackson verdict is going to be read soon. I'm gonna go tune in to the news. Talk to you chicks later.

Mandy
Old 06-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #190  

Well, I survived my weekend...sort of!

The DD's, DD's DBF's, the ex and his g/f have all departed and the DD who lives here is at work. No magically appearing empty cans, dishes, glasses, garbage, etc.

I have officially blown my June challenge. Maybe not as badly as I think, but I am sure when I go to the COD I have gained a couple of pounds. I did okay until the ex and the g/f appeared on the scene. How can one woman be soooo opinionated and need so much attention ALL the time?

I did start and have been OP today....and am gulping down water. Figure I will do the COD Wednesday and accept what is after that!

Meanwhile I am about to have my kitchen redone (mid-July is the teardown of cupboards) and yes, yes...Pond Boy is still coming by and working. I'm not sure what I will do when he is done!!

Mandy - wow! I see you are now at -90 pounds since I have been able to read posts! Congratulations!

Karen - I agree with the others....you do look very young! And your graduation picture is beautiful!

Fiona - my middle DD struggled with financing for one property she looked at...she had a mortgage guy say he could finance it (the land was what was worth the price), string her along to where she gave notice where she is living now, and 3 days before closing say he couldn't find anything! Thank heavens she hung in there and found a condo that she qualified for financing right away. So hang in there!

To everyone else....it's good to be able to take time and catch up with everyone's successes (and struggles too....).
Old 06-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #191  

Hello everyone, well I kind of fell off the status. I had a tough week, they increased my thyroid medicine so I felt nauseated most of the week and then went to austin and ate out a lot so needles to say I gained some weight, but that is okay; because today I am on the right foot and intend to stay that way. As a matter of fact I plan on being so good that I am not going to adjust my tracker to indicate that I went up, that way I don't have to change it when I go down again.

Well hopefully everyone is doing well, eventually I will get a chance to read through all these post from this week, but right now I have to study. So congrats to all the loser, keep you head up if you gained and keep on trying hard.

Last edited by haylo921; 06-13-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:39 PM   #192  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey chicks. I'm finally brave enough to post my weight loss blog. http://mandysweightlossjorney.blogspot.com/ You'll have to scroll through it. I have before and after pictures mixed all together, but I'm sure you'll be able to tell the difference. I'm going to post some full body after pictures soon. Anyway, take a look if you want.

Mandy
Old 06-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #193  

MANDY!!!! WOWWW!!!!!! You look like a totally different person!!! No wonder DH's coworkers don't recognize you. So, you mentioned that sometimes in the mirror you don't yet see the "new you" - does looking at pictures do it for you? I'm always shocked to see pictures of myself because I still see "skinny me" in the mirror! Maybe that's why I find it so easy to slip up - I don't really "see" the damage it does, lol!

I started a blog a while back, but I think it's currently got ZERO entries because the perfectionist in me keeps going behind my back and deleting them 'cause "she" doesn't like how they sound when "she" re-reads them. I really should try harder...but then, I've got no incentive thanks to THIS board since HERE I get feedback!

AFWT...we are out of the woods on the house thing!!! We went in to see my mom's banker and were approved for an FHA loan at a terrific interest rate in about 15 minutes flat (okay more like two hours). We had to push our closing back to next Friday, though, cause there just wasn't enough time left this week to get everything processed. Oh well, what matters is that we're closing!!

Have a good night everyone!

Fiona

P.S. Mandy - I showed my DH your before-and-afters, and he said "WOW" and then he said, "now you just need to do that."

Last edited by mkfionap; 06-13-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:39 AM   #194  

Mandy: Congratulations and I checked out your pictures. You should be so proud of yourself! I sure am proud of you! You have really given me some inspiration that getting to my goal is a real possibility! Your change is profound. I didn't have time to read your website, but will make it a point! HOW HAPPY YOU MUST BE!

Star: I just love your posts! You always make me smile!

Fiona: Congrats on the mortage and getting the house of your dreams!

Metal/Karen: I feel like a proud mother that you have reached your goal. I can't share the great feeling yet, but you know that Star and I will be coming to your (and Mandy's) side of the fence real soon (right Starlynn!). Wow, that is a lot of food to get in in 1 day. My DH will definately think that I'm trying to gain my weight back once I'm on stabilization (he can't believe what I eat now). LOL! We are living proof that it works (I'm just having a hard time getting there). I'm so happy for you!

Solo: The good thing about the June challenge is that someone has to win, and we are human and will have some bumps in the road. Of course, we didn't have a D-EX G F to deal with like you. Just think what could be in store 4 you in July when the kitchen remodeling starts, their may be another piece of 'eye-candy' that's single and a little old than pond-boy. Hey, you never know. So, the challenge is still on!

Carmen: Sure wished ice cold beer would act as a laxative for me (as I had 2 over the weekend). I'm switching to rum to see what happens. LOL! Maybe over the 4th of July vacation (I'll hold out until then). Only thing is, I think I would have to add some pineapple juice and coconut syrup - now that would be a treat. Pinacolata (still can't spell that drink).

I'm doing well trying to stick to the Gold, and if I have a minor slip up - will be on Blue like the center wants to think I should be at. I will probably head for the COD tomorrow before golf. Hugs, Sy
Old 06-14-2005, 09:16 AM   #195  

Default Today is better.......

Wait let me get more

Wo - so many kewl posts...love it!

Mandy - You look fanstastic I love the picture of you and your little man - really nice! Fiona is right, you don't look like the same person. I know you feel wonderful, enjoy the feeling - you have earned it Just remember, you can't always see yourself in the mirror. There will be a point where you don't need to lose anymore.

Cathy - I'm sorry BUT what was the occassion that you had all the family including X and gf around? Yor not out of the June Challenge, you just took afew days off that's all. Several of us have done that, and we decided it was legal

Haylo - Your still in too....come on keep flying

Fiona - About the progress with the new pad. I know you are really happy. About never seeing yourself in the mirror. When I was at my heaviest, I never saw it either, only later in pictures. I always thought I looked good I think I did try harder, more makeup, perfect hair, etc.

Sy - We will make it to goal I'm getting closer. As long as I can stay away from I'll do fine....

Karen - please keep us posted on how your doing with all the water, food, fixing and eating - geez - do you have time for anything else

As for my progress on losing the weight gain. Today I am down 1.4 pounds on my home scale (thank Carmen). Still drinking extra water and being very careful to be POP I think by tomorrow I'll be okay with my WI at COD However in the future I'm switching my drink of choice to something without fruit juice. Maybe straight shots of tequila (maybe not)

Hugs to all you other chicks.....
Closed Thread