Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #121  

Hey Chickies - long time no see (what, three days??? Feels like forever!)

I've been majorly stressing out over this house-buying business - things are not going very well, won't get into all the details right now. Feel like I've been on the go nonstop, have been eating like CRAP, current weight is somewhere around 207. Part of me thinks I need to just go in and face the music at the center, get a fresh start...but I know I'm nearly at the end of my weeks and I'm NOT buying any more, just ain't gonna happen, so not sure what I'm going to do about that. Sigh. It's just more stress!!!

Anyway, it's the end of the day, I'm going to drive home and maybe post some more then. See ya!

Fiona
Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #122  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Fiona- Go in, get a fresh start and then put your file on hold for a while, while still following the plan. Good luck to you. I hope things ease up for you soon.

Hello to everyone else.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #123  

So, I had this CRAZY idea on my drive home...

Assuming that I can get the COD to work with me without having to lay out any more $$$, I think I'm going to dedicate myself to weighing in at COD - EVERY SINGLE DAY (except sunday cause they're closed). Fact is that I weigh myself at home everyday anyway, and if I don't like what I see then I don't WI at the COD and that's what starts this vicious cycle. It'd be darn near impossible to "cheat" and think that I can "get away with it" because I've got 2-3 days til my next weigh in, ya know?

What do you all think - am I NUTS or what???

Fiona
Old 06-08-2005, 07:08 PM   #124  

Well....down .2#....shouldn't complain! Asked about the Cedarlane frozen dinners. I noticed they are packaged (some) in portions for 2...even though they aren't very large! Yet the book doesn't make referance to eating half the box.... Yes, yes, I ate the WHOLE thing last night.... So at least the counselor I had today is going to ask the nutritionist. Hope that doesn't cut into her soap opera time (just kidding). And of course I forgot to ask about promos....
Old 06-08-2005, 07:09 PM   #125  

By the way Fiona...I think your idea is a great one! And being nuts is a good thing!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #126  

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I have posted, I have been extremely busy, but things are starting to become slightly normal again. I have been doing pretty well, with staying on plan and had a bump in the road this past weekend but I am back on track.

Hopefully everyone is doing well, I haven't gone back to read the post but I will do that soon.

I just wanted to check in and say I'm back.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #127  

Default Over the hump!

Hi, chicks!

I tell ya' - I thought the end of Wednesday would never come. Work has been, you know, the b word. Just tomorrow and then it's TGIF.

I also bought 5 weeks to take me past Labor Day. Here in NYC it's usually $7, but reduced to $5. Last year I bought weeks at $3, too.

At weigh in on Tues was down a whole 1/4 lb from Saturday - woo hoo! Luckily, I showed constraint in consoling myself because wouldn't you know there's a pizzeria right next door to my COD.

Sy - I do the same thing on Gold, if I feel the need, I bump up to blue using an extra S and 1/2 P. I try to keep those choices on the lower end of the calorie scale. I've been going through perimenopause, but I haven't missed a period. My body went the other way, my fibroids are worse (like they want to suck in all the estrogen I have before I have no more) and my cycle is short. Don't even talk to me about PMS. My symptons started when I was about 38 and I'll be 42 this month.

About fudging the food journal. I had one counselor tell me that I could split one of my proteins as long as it was the same protein ie, 3oz chick and 3oz chick, so I could have some protein at each meal. Well, when I went on Tuesday, I had written that down in my diary - big NO NO! According, to Tues night counselor.

So I played along "Why, it's all going to the same place?" Her answer, because not eating the full serving of protein at one time will mess up my digestion! You just can't win at the COD. Now I could understand if I wrote down that I had Mcdonald's, and then beer, and then ice cream - that would mess up my digestion, but eating on plan but breaking the protein down to spread it out - What's up with that? So, if I think I need to split my protein I will, but I won't be recording it that way.

Gotta go exercise. Hope everyone has a pleasant evening!

Melissa the videochick

Last edited by videochick; 06-08-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:48 PM   #128  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Fiona- that sounds like a crazy, but good idea. I say go for it. Sometimes we just need that extra push/motivation to get us going. Maybe that will be just what you need. Good luck.

Mandy
Old 06-09-2005, 06:54 AM   #129  

Hi everyone. I just have to say, I love this thread. You all make me smile when reading the posts.

Mandy: Thanks for the comments that you actually had some slip-ups along the way - I know I'm not alone, but sometimes I just feel like such a failure. You made me feel better!

Star: I was hoping for $3/week special too, but thought that I better take advantage of the $5 before I had to purchase them for $7. Last year they had so many more specials at the COD. They can't be losing money because their LA Lites are higher than ever.

Fiona: I read this today at the end of someone's email "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" - so you see, you can't be nuts as you know you have to make a change in order for you to stick with the program. I think that going to the COD everyday is a great idea and your right - there will be no room for cheating.

Video: Your story sounds so familiar, do you go to my center? My COD is right next door to a pizzeria too! They have awesome pizza, the kind of pizza that if I'm going to have a slice - it would be from there. Certain times of the day it's a killer going in while they have the ovens going. I can't believe that the COD would give you such a hard time when splitting proteins - you make me laugh. I laughed even harder at their explaination, did they know that losing weight has to do with calories and not when you split proteins. I guess why want to feel superior and they have to find something to say at times.

Well, I'll say it again - I played golf last night, and I have to say - I SUCK! Although, I did improve from a 93 to a 91 (for 9 holes). It's only my second week on a league, and I hope to improve before they kick me off. Most of my score was from missing the ball. I was happy that on a Par 3, I did make a score of 4. After the night, and listening to the ladies, then DH - if I hear "keep your head down" 1 more time, I'll scream (I was keeping my head down, don't they get it - I can't golf!). 1 hole, I swong (is that how you spell that?) at the freakin ball 5 times before it moved (I almost cried).

Glad I took a lesson on Tuesday. Okay, enough about that. Hope you all have a great OP day.

Hugs, Sy
Old 06-09-2005, 07:28 AM   #130  

Default Blast from the past!

Morning chickies!

It is "Africa hot" (From Biloxi Blues play/movie) here this morning! I don't have the AC in so I'm not sure what my exercise will be this a.m.

About the blast, while I was purging papers over the weekend I found my old travel cards from LA. I used to weigh in at three different centers because I was working outside the office so much at different sites. Anyway, since we've been talking about losing the last 10 or so pounds I thought I'd share my weigh-ins from summer/fall 2002. I had first joined at the end of May 2002 at 176. The first 16 did take 8-10 wks, but as you can see, the last 10 took forever and I did not lose a consistent 2lbs a week.

Mon 8/12 - 159 3/4
Mon 8/19 - 156 then
Wed 9/18 - 153 3/4
Wed 10/30 - 152.4
Sat 11/2 - 151 1/4
Mon 11/4 - 152.4 (must have been all that Halloween candy)
Mon 11/11 - 149 3/4
Thur 11/14 - 149.6
Fri 11/22 - 148.4
Wed 11/27 - 147.8
Fri 12/6 149.6 (I guess Thanksgiving and the start of holiday events)
Mon 12/23 - 148/6
Thu 12/26 - 149 1/4

147 was the closest I got to my goal of 145 at 5'6". Stayed in the 147-150 range for almost two years, then in 2004 slowly worked my way back up to 160-163, which is the 3lb range I've been stuck at for the last 18 months.

I think Carmen asked what some of our struggles have been in the journey - well one of mine is changing the mindset that if I lose, I can cheat a little. If I had a nice loss, I would reward myself, you guessed it, with food! Thinking I could manage it. I think because I never actually got to the stabilization/maintenance phase I haven't learned how to manage treats, etc. One of my other struggles, is putting off other goals until I lose weight, but that's another story that I think I've told before.

I've been trying Jen/auditgirls suggestion of switching breakfast & lunch and using the slimdowns so we'll see what happens on Saturday.

Wish me luck as tonight I am going out with some of my old co-workers to a BBQ joint - Virgils in NYC. Thank god for the internet, because I looked at their menu and my plan is to have the grilled vegetable platter. If i try to save servings of protein/starch for tonight, I'll be eating the tablecloth when I get there. Since it's been so humid, food is not really what I fear, it's the ice cold beers they'll all be drinking!

Congrats to all the losers, maintainers and those of us hanging in there!

To all the northeast chickies - keep cool. At 5:30 a.m. it was 76 degrees here.

Hugs -

Melissa the videochick
Old 06-09-2005, 07:44 AM   #131  
234/165.8/160

Hello chicks,

super busy day at work today, probably won't be able to check in very often, but just wanted to share that I was down 2 lbs at WI (earning myself a new avatar)! Take off actually worked this time and I had a shake for dinner with a salad and my la lite last night...I was kind of hungry when i went to bed, but not terribly so. This morning I tried a new breakfast, the Morningstar sausage, on half and english muffin with 1/2 serving of low fat cheese....my own version of the sausage mcmuffin...pretty tasty ;-)

Hope everyone has a POP!!!!

Jen
Old 06-09-2005, 08:22 AM   #132  

Hey chickies went to WI last night at 186.00 GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'

I never realized how "stern" some of the counslers can be. I am due for my period, and I've been wicked bloated for a couple of days now. The counsler I had last night was so rude!!!!! I said to her well I am bloated and due for my period, and I've been stuck between 184-186 for a month now! Can we try a different plan! She goes no b/c you're not sticking to plan! I was like WHOA!!!

First and foremost I pretty much stay on plan, but everyone has slip up's it happens! Secondly, sometimes I don't get all of my food in b/c we are so busy somedays I don't get to eat lunch, and the nights my fiance has a broadcast I don't have the same selection of food as I do at home, so she goes "pack a cooler bring it with you!" WHAT!! You mean to tell me if I showed up at your restaurant with a Radio Station, and I brought my own cooler of food, instead of buying from your restaurant (which is why people have these things at restaurants) then you'd be accepting of that! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! She pretty much is telling me that I always have an excuse, and when I'm on plan I loose...I am pretty much always on plan with the exception of the days that I do'nt get all of my food in! But I do what I can...I am paying over $400.00 for the program, and some weeks I can't afford all of the steaks, and all of the food, so I do a bit at a time...go and buy and bulk up on basics everyother week,and during the weeks go back for salads, fruits, yougurt, and stuff like that. She just really made me feel worse about being stuck in this plateau, and I really feel like telling the manager I will never deal with her every again!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #133  

Audit: What TakeOff did you do? Can you go into details so I can do the same as they want me to do it next week.

Irish: If your PMSing, maybe the counselor sounded more rude than normal. I have to say, I agree with you. My brother would kick you out of his restaurant if you packed a cooler and brought it in. Yikes, does that counselor get out much or what? I can see packing a cooler and bringing food and eatting it before or after DBF eats his dinner in the restaurant. Couldn't you eat your protein before/after and just eat a salad or something light at the restaurant? Maybe a 1/2 baked potato and a salad - depending on what they serve. If it's a fastfood joint, I wouldn't bring the cooler but I would put my food in my purse before entering, get a table and eat what I brought without being too obvious. Just trying to help as I have done that and it does work out okay.

Melissa/Video: Hot here too and I'm loving it. Hit 94 degrees yesterday to set an all time high for June 8th. I do have air cond in our bedroom, but not in the house. DH works at home and his office is upstairs, he likes it hot - but he had to admit yesterday - it was HOT.

Well, gotta run. Sy
Old 06-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #134  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everybody! Congrats to the losers and maintainers, and to all those who are hanging in there.

Well, I didn't make it to WI last night. I was too late getting away from my DPs house with the DSs after work. To top that off, when we got to our Scouts location, no one else was there. We were supposed to watch the little league game together. So the DSs and I sat there and watched a couple innings and waited but no one else showed up. I never got a call saying our meeting would be cancelled so I don't know what's up . Anyway, as it was Africa hot we left and went to Baskin Robbins. I was good, and had a cup of their SF RF ice cream. It only had 3 grams of fat, and it tasted DELICIOUS. SO, that was that. As yesterday went, I didn't get hardly any water in. I was really busy at work yesterday at work and couldn't keep going to the restroom so I had to limit my intake. Today will be busy too but I have to do what I have to do for me...meaning DRINK MY WATER! I also missed lunch yesterday, so I don't know how things will look for me at COD tonight. Its been a crazy week! Oh well...

Jen - thanks for responding to my question. I know that is one of my biggest problems now. Whenever I have a nice loss, I usually head straight for something that's not so great for me. Before it got warm it was always McFries on Saturday afternoon after the DSs swim class. It was like sitting there watching them swim made me so hungry (or that's what I told myself). Now my question is, how do you get yourself over that hump? What do you tell yourself to make you walk away? I think your loss so far is awesome by the way, and the fact that you're maintaining so well is inspiring.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:39 AM   #135  

Good morning chickies!

Well, I haven't been trying TOO hard to stay POP the last couple days but am at least trying to make better choices - having a salad and a sandwich instead of DD's mac-n-cheese for dinner, NOT eating an entire bag of popcorn and then a regular meal too! - and the gain has been sliding right back off (water weight, I know, but it's still encouraging). Tuesday I was 207, this morning 204.6. I've been having a big problem with soda again lately, but when I woke up this morning and saw the scale, I was all psyched up to get back on the H20 wagon and have NO more mood-enhancing beverages ...of course, someone thought it would be great to bring in TWO DOZEN Krispy Kreme donuts today!!! I admit I ate ONE, but I still want to see if I can get back to 203 (where I started the month) by the end of the week, so no more for me!

Fiona
Closed Thread