Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #46  

Anybody else here familiar with www.craigslist.com? If you're not, it's this sort of online community message board - they've got sites for almost every major city or region in the US plus a bunch of international sites...they have job listings and for sale listings and personals...I'm becoming obsessed with the furniture for sale board! I check it more often than I check my e-mail! I don't remember if I told you guys about the really nice sectional sofa I missed out on - it was listed for all of an hour when I e-mailed that I wanted to buy it, and someone had beat me to it! Now there's this really pretty round persian-type rug listed for just $50...I don't even know what I'd DO with it, but I want it! http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/fur/76746880.html is the link if you want to see it.

So yeah, I don't even know how I'm going to buy my house yet and I'm obsessing over furniture I don't need.... I need help.

Fiona
Old 06-03-2005, 11:41 AM   #47  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Fiona...I've got you beat. I already picked my new furniture out for the new place I don't even have yet... We are both nuts....
Old 06-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #48  

Default I knew it....

Rusty and Fi - I have always known that you two are twins but separted at birth
Old 06-03-2005, 12:07 PM   #49  

Well, I'm currently high bidder on an even better sectional that I found on ebay...quite a bit more than the one I didn't get but still a good deal if I can manage to stay on top. And I found a nice looking dining room table that I'm going to watch and see if it gets any bids...unfortunately it comes with a china hutch and I already have one that I won't give up because it belonged to my great-grandmother, so I don't know what I'd do with two... We've also picked out the furniture we want for the upstairs, I have to call one of these days and find out if they still have any (it was on clearance). So my house is mentally 90% furnished!

Fiona
Old 06-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #50  

Fi - If you get the table with the unwanted china hutch - give it to Rusty. I had a hand me down china cabinet, got a new one. I gave the old one to DS's friend, who is a HUGE NASCAR fan. He displays his Nascar stuff in it. I was so happy he wanted it becuz it was headed for the bon fire....
Old 06-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #51  

Default Hi!

Hi, everyone!

Haven't been around for awhile, so I am stealthily checking in from work!

First, Mandy and Karen/MC - congrats on GOAL! You both are inspiration to all of us to stick it out!

I started the June Challenge doing the FF/TO again. After Memorial Day weekend, I needed it. However, a friend of mine in New Jersey shared with me the new Fast Forward sheet that she got from her center. It was the same as the two day unlimited except, get this, now you can have 2 slices lite or reduced fat cheese, 1 TB lite cream cheese, 1 TB non-fat nondairy creamer, 1 TB lite mayo, 1 TB mustard: brown, dijon or spicy and any seasonings as long as it doesn't contain sugar or salt. Still free to use butter, margarine or oil in preparing foods. Use oil and vinegar, LA Salad Dressings or light salad dressings on salads. They also added egg beaters to the unlimited protein choices as well as some vegetarian proteins like soy cheese and tofu. I'll post the suggested menu plan from home tonight or tomorrow. I had to do the unlimited as I find the 2 day limited doesn't do anything for me. I think the low calorie consumption just causes my body to hold onto whatever I eat. Last time I gained 1/2 lb.

About the mini-melt: This might be what my center had me do three weeks ago (when I gained 1/2 lb). FF/TO juice with limited protein and veg for the 2 days. Then for 4 days I had to use the slimdown for one of my proteins and starches for lunch and then at dinner I had fish and asparagus, and use whatever was left from my servings the rest of the day. I'll ask at my center tomorrow about mini-melt. They don't always tell me stuff either because I rarely buy.

Well back to the rat race. Congratulations to everyone for losing, maintaining and hanging in there!

Melissa the videochick
Old 06-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #52  

Hey girls, my first official post in this thread but I couldn't help myself after reading about Mandy and Karen. Congrats!

Fi - um that site could be dangerous for me, it never even occured to me to look for furniture on ebay or a site like the one you linked for us. I'm the person who has grand scale remodeling dreams that will require lottery winnings to accomplish. I have HG TV cravings weekly and waste valuable study time to get my fix.

I have a question, being a former WW person I have some terrible habits like grabbing 3 croutons for my salad and throwing them on and forgetting about them or getting a handful of potato chips on occassion for my daughter, when I allow her the snack, and I just reach in and eat one! Do you find the once in awhile tiny tiny indiscretions like that really sabatoge you on this diet? It didn't on WW but with WW I found ways to eat 95% of my points with carbs which unfortunately would put me at a very steep plateau? I know this sounds really crazy but its soooo hard to break!

Anyways, I love keeping up with you chickies you help keep me interested and motivated!
Old 06-03-2005, 02:02 PM   #53  
234/165.8/160

Hello all,

CONGRATULATIONS MANDY!!! That is so fantastic and I can hardly wait to be where you are!!!

Metalchick-CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure you'll drop that last 2 pounds in stablization. My friend who lost about 80 lbs, actually lsot the last 5 pounds in maintenance (once she went to one LA Lite a day).

Videochcik-thanks for the tip about the mini-melt. I think I'll try it next week with my own juice and the body by jake meal replacements (they are buy one get one free at Kroger right now--in case anyone is interested.)

Dori-I'm with you on taking just a few bites of things here and there, but think that's what might be causing my yo-yo bouncing now that I'm getting closer to goal. Basically, I don't beat myself over the head about that kind of thing, but if I notice the scale isn't moving I make an extra effort to knock it off ;-)

I'm off to the COD and just know that I'm going to be up...I'm retaining water or something. I think I need to talk to a professional to know whether I'm getting enough to eat while exercising like a mad woman 6 days a week.

Okay, enough of my pity party...goal is stay POP for the weekend and start the mini-melt on Monday....that's TO Monday and Tuesday and meal replacement shakes for 4 more days, see if I can't break this plateau.

Take care,
Jen

PS I'm debating buying more weight loss weeks (they are only $5 now), but it's like admitting I won't make it by the end of July/first of August when my weeks are up, but don't want to buy them at an inflated price then either....any suggestions????

Last edited by auditgirl; 06-03-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:58 PM   #54  

Oops, looks like I will be putting the June Challenge on hold for the evening! I completely forgot that tonight we are celebrating not one but TWO milestone birthdays in my group of friends - my friend Cat turns 21 today and my friend Eric is celebrating the big 3-0! There will be much merriment and drunken carousing, not to mention ice cream cake! I did WI at home this morning so I will know how much damage I do tonight...

Fiona
Old 06-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #55  

Default Back from COD

Well things were busy at COD I was down
Got a new little promotional book called "LA Slimmer Summer Guide" It has helpful hints how to stay on plan during vacation, about adding walking, how to dress and recipes. It also explains the promotion where you come in 10 times a month, atleast 2 times per wk and you get the $25 gift cert. If you come in 40 times thru June,July,August you are put in a drawing form $200 to $500. Pretty cool!

Jen - you have just enuf weeks left to get to your goal - if the world was perfect Ofcourse that would mean no more girls weekends and no slip-ups. So my advice to you I'm in the same boat, but if I run into that weekly Special I'll probably buy like a month more. Once my center had weeks on sale for $3 - that was a steal!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #56  

Off to WI, 6 bottles of water down :-) WOOO Hooo I hope I am down today! I will try to post tommorrow before the FI and I leave for Boston
Old 06-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #57  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Star...Congratulations on the loss...
Fiona...Sounds like you have big plans for tonight... Have fun...
Old 06-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #58  
234/165.8/160

Star-Congrats on the loss! That's exactly what I was thinking about with buying additional weeks, to buy another month and be done with it.

I'm back from the COD and am up another .2 for no apparent reason. Of course, they can't help...all they can say is "well, your journal looks good"...uh, duh....but the scale doesn't. I'm just so frustrated right now. I ranted and raved all the way home and my 16 year old son was so sweet...he said "You look great, who cares about .2 pounds?"

So, I'm going to try to look at it that way and just keep doing what I'm doing...and hope it works!

Jen
Old 06-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #59  

Hi, again -

It's me the stealth poster!

Star - congrats on the loss! I cannot weigh in tonight so I'm trying to be POP for tomorrow morning.

Auditgirl/jen - Just curious how long you've been at the plateau? The only reason I ask is that when I had gone to a nutrionist because of my cholesterol, she said that she likes to see her clients stay at a certain weight for awhile so their body can become adjusted - in other words she tries to work with the plateau as a good thing. I wonder if you still are not getting enough food? Maybe on your own add in an extra 1/2 protein and a veg or fruit? I mean they do suggest that active women eat at least 2,000 calories a day. Not sure what Red calorie count is. And your son is right - .2 is just 3.2ozs!

I'll try and drop back in later.
Melissa vc
Old 06-03-2005, 05:06 PM   #60  

JEN - "You look great, who cares about .2 pounds?" Now that is one smart boy you got there!!
This was in the article at the gym:

Expect Setbacks. They happen, so plan on them. One week you may be faithful to your diet and still gain two pounds, or maybe you were able to jog three miles last week, but this week you can't get past two. That's part of the journey. Cut yourself some slack. The greatest atheletes aren't those who have never had a setback, but those who persist through adversity.

I just love that kind of reading, becuz it were up to us we would be on plan and lose right along the way til goal.....no setbacks or stalls allowed...lol

Hey got to run - have a great weekend and remember we are doing awesome!!

Hugs
Closed Thread