3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - June '05 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/58692-lawl-losers-friends-june-05-a.html)

vibrantecho 05-29-2005 12:16 PM

LAWL Losers & Friends - June '05

Yeah, yeah I know there's three and a half more days until June, but I'm impatient. :lol: See you all here on Wednesday! :wave:

Fiona

Star 05-31-2005 04:13 PM

Fiona - Yeah - I'm ready to get May over with too. Bring on the June Challenge - I'm pumped :strong:
I want my :angel: status back........

SyracuseNY 06-01-2005 06:47 AM

Morning ladies:

Well, had my first day of POP yesterday, so I'm ready for the challenge.

Star, did they really give you a hard time at the COD yesterday? How much were you up? Just wondering as I'm afraid to go back to the COD until at least next Monday.

Julie: Great to hear the NSV (non scale victory) about your friends finally noticing your weight loss. No one noticed that I lost until I had reached about 35 lbs. Guess different people carry their weight differently. I have a big face - guess it took lots for people to see a change. LOL! My DH and DSIL have tiny heads/faces and even when they are overweight, if you just saw a picture of their faces, you'd never guess they were heavy. I think you nailed the vacation challenge on the head, don't allow yourself to get too hungry and you'll do fine. You will be suprised by 1/2ing your bigger meals - it really was pretty easy to do. Can't wait to hear about your trip, it sounds awesome and I'm so happy that your doing so many exciting things this year.

Fiona: What was your interview all about? A real estate job? How did it go.

Mandy: I'm still so happy for you, hope you reach the 140s today!

Gotta run, have some morning checks to do here at work.

Have a great OP day! Hugs, Sy

vibrantecho 06-01-2005 08:26 AM

Morning gals! :coffee:

I will be in RE class all day today (and tomorrow) - I have to do 15 hours of continuing ed (CE) every year, so I'm taking the first in a four-part series called "Realtor Institute" - each part is 15 hours so it takes care of my CE for the year as well as just being a good foundation class. And when I complete all four parts, I'll get to add "GRI" (that's Graduate, Realtor Institute - very clever, aren't they?) after my name on my business cards. :D No one outside of other RE people will have any idea what it means, but it'll look cool. :cool:

Anyway, my point was that you aren't going to see very much of me today becuase I won't be anywhere near my computer until late this evening, so have a fun day, and don't eat anything I wouldn't eat! :lol:

Fiona

MetalChic 06-01-2005 08:48 AM

Come on down to the 140s! I was 140 on the scale at home this morning after my shower with my wet hair and towel..... :dancer:

Hopefully, I will be at 140 when I go to weigh in tomorrow. TOM has left!

Talk at yall later!

Star 06-01-2005 09:06 AM

Happy Hump Day....

:coffee: Good morning chicks.....

SY - Yes, about my weight gain. The counslor acted like I had committed murder, by going off plan while up north. That really just cracks me up becuz I have come to terms with the fact that there are gonna be times when I just can't be POP 24/7. Anyhow, I did feel bad, but only becuz I gained 3 pounds :( I did enjoy the off plan foods and eating without thinking too much about what it was :lol: Heck I didn't even drink or that would of been another 3 or more pounds. Anyhow I weighed at home this a.m. and I'm down a pound from yesterdays number on home scale. I think if I can lose the 3 pounds by Friday/Sat I will be okay. I'm not changing my ticker til Friday after return from COD :devil: .

Fiona - About your business card looking cool :cool: Well come on, we know that's what it's all about ;) You wear that "GRI" well chickie! We will miss you today. Oh and don't forget today is the first day of our JUNE CHALLENGE :cp: Hope you can start off good, I mean even if you have to go out to lunch or something :?: I'm POP from here on out, actually I started yesterday. So SY are you in on the June Challenge?

Fiona - I missed this post of yours from the May thread:
"Star - how do you survive?!? :rofl: " That was commenting on my statement that I don't have the internet at home. Well FI, believe it or not I do have a life at home, not as busy as yours ofcourse. But at work I have alot of free time and am the only one in the up front office......can we say - BORING?

Okay - Enuf from me....I'll check back later on. Hugs to all! :grouphug:

Irishgirl 06-01-2005 09:51 AM

Good Morning Chickies! I am excited that this is a new month, and I am vowing to follow plan to a T I need too I am still down 9 lbs but I feel like I should be down more! My FI and I have started walking too, so I think that is helping a little bit. I will know more where I stand when I go to WI today after work, although I am sort of dreading that.

I've made June Goals too, today is the first day of a new month so we'll see..Good Luck Everyone!

Oh Yeah does anyone here use the Luna Bars instead of the LA Lites???
Are your results the same with the Luna's?

Chklithunder 06-01-2005 09:58 AM

:wave: Hi Everyone. I hope you all had great holiday weekends. I have been lurking and reading but not posting, haven't had much to contribute. I started reading about the challenge, and, though it will be tough, I WANT IN. I've had a great weekend, but went waaaay off plan, so much that I didn't even think about it after a point. I went to visit my DS in Columbus for the weekend, and there was a whooole lot of rum flowing. I don't regret going and having a great time, but I know I need to figure out a better way to handle such events. Now today is supposed to be WI but I am not going. I am not unafraid, and right now the force is definitely not with me. I know I am up as much as about 4 lbs, but I am not moving my ticker, and by July 1, I want to be down a total of 31 lbs. I need to do this thing, need to get more serious about it and do what I know I am supposed to do. So that's that. June will be kind of hard for me, as DH will want a huge dinner for Father's Day, plus my boss is taking everyone to Cedar Point on June 17. No families or anything, just a workday spent at Cedar Point. She even went as far as to say that if you chose not to go to on our "field trip" she would call your desk and you'd better be there to answer your telephone. How cool is that? :lol: Anyway...that's my deal right about now.

Julie - I too am sorry about your DGM. I am glad you got to see her last year, and glad she led a full life. I don't have any DGPs left, but my DH's DGM and DGGM are still with us.

Well everyone, today is my Friday, but I guess I'd better sign on from home over the next 5 days b/c I have to journal every day or else I won't do it. Let the challenge begin...

Star 06-01-2005 10:08 AM

Irish -- I have done the Luna bars. I like the LA Double Chocolate better though. The Lunas work the same as the lights, just a treat and are better than candy bars, kinda something that I look forward to. I think the nutritional value is the same. I liked the Luna 'Nutz over Chocolate" the best. Try them and see what you think. Good luck with you June goals and I do think it really helps to actually have goals.

Carmen - Sounds like you had a great Memorial Day weekend! About not going to WI, the reason I went is for some reason when I go and my weight is up, I do better after that. I know it sounds crazy, but it does work that way for me. Besides I know when I'm up and I know why, so it's not like a huge surprise when the scale goes up at WI. I still think the counslors over react.....lol
Your boss sounds awesome - you are very lucky! Oh and welcome to the June Challenge - remember there is power in numbers - the force will be with us...lol

malzies 06-01-2005 10:12 AM

Hi All...

Lurker Supreme here!

I started on 3/27/05 and I'm down 14.4 lbs so far. I haven't gone to the clinic this week because I know I'm going to be up. I haven't gone off plan too badly, but it's TOM on the 3rd and I just feel bloated.

Oh, and what's POP?

I wish I knew how to make a pretty signature like everyone! I'll have to figure that out.

Star 06-01-2005 10:20 AM

Hi Malzies -
We welcome lurkers, stalkers, etc.
POP - Perfect On Plan
To do your signiture, go to (at top) User CP, then hit Edit Signiture, that is where you put what you want in your signiture line. There is also the ticker option there.
Hope this helps some.

auditgirl 06-01-2005 10:46 AM

Well, it’s been forever since I’ve dropped in, but I have been lurking and keeping up. I had back to back girls weekends first with some girlfriends here in town and then the next weekend my mom came to visit with a couple of her friends. We spent the whole weekend, eating, drinking and shopping. Fun, fun, fun, but certainly not waistline friendly! I spent the last week working my butt off (literally) to get back to my starting point, I’m up .8 from two and half weeks on hold and will take that as a victory.

My mom and pals were shocked at the difference since Christmas (the last time I’d seen them). I’ve only lost about 18lbs since then, but most of the inches have been in my waist/stomach area, so I’m getting back to the curvy hourglass kind of look. They couldn’t get over it and said I hardly even looked like the same person. Mom made me get on a scale said I couldn’t possibly still weigh 175 and of course said I don’t need to lose anymore or I would look sickly. Well, I’ve got 15.8 lbs to go and 9 weeks to do it…wish me luck.

My center is doing a special this summer that if you visit 10 times in a month, you get a $25 credit, plus if you visit 40 times by the end of summer (August 31) you are entered in a drawing for a $500, $300 or $200 American express gift certificate. Also, my center is running a mini-melt special with 3 bottles of take off, and 7 slim down drinks…not sure how you’re supposed to use those products for the mini-melt, but will get the low down tonight and fill everyone in tomorrow. Or you know, please share ;-)

Julie-Sorry to hear about your DGM, my thoughts are with you.

Sy-Welcome back from your trip.

Star-I’m there with you on trying retain angel status.

Fi-I’m up for the June challenge….desperate to get off this last 15lbs!!!!

Mandy-I’m so happy for you and jealous at the same time…I want to be you when I grow up!!

I know I missed folks, but I’m back full time now, so I’m sure we’ll have a chance to catch up.

Take care,
Jen

Star 06-01-2005 10:55 AM

:rofl: Jen - Does your mother know my mother :?: I know they have been talking becuz of what you wrote:

"Mom made me get on a scale said I couldn’t possibly still weigh 175 and of course said I don’t need to lose anymore or I would look sickly. Well, I’ve got 15.8 lbs to go and 9 weeks to do it…wish me luck."

My mom freaks out when I tell her I have 18 pounds to lose - she is afraid I'll be so thin I'll go into a coma from lack of nutrition :rofl: And then the part about being too thin makes you look older...... :dunno:

Gotta love em.......

textjewel 06-01-2005 11:04 AM

Good morning, chicks!

Not much new to report - having lunch with DF and DS today at Shoney's (jealous Karen/RWF)?

Got some British pounds yesterday to start off with in England, so I'm all set. BTW, if anyone is traveling to Dubai, apparantly, it is better to use your ATM card and exchange US dollars, instead of British pounds - you all never know when this info will be useful!

Welcome Malzies - glad to have you join us!

Irish - I've done the luna's - they are just about the same as a lite - I get tired of all the chocolate choices in the lites, and luna's come in a greater variety -- I love their tropical crisp in the mornings. The lemons aren't bad etiher - and I don't like lemon! They also do a caramel apple which is almost TOO sweet. I bought a couple of lots off of ebay several months ago, and I use them interchangably with the lites. I just mark it as a lite in my diary.

Star - I think everyone would be much happier, if LAWL could give some guidelines as to what to eat when we are at social events so we can both stay OP and not require a separate MEAL! Are we supposed to be hermits?

Metalchick WOOHOO on the 140's - I can't wait until I see that on my scale - I try to visualize - 145 -145 -145 - can't tell if it works, but it makes me feel better! (of course, my eyes are going, so it's a good thing that the numbers are big on the scale!)

Fiona - do your business cards at home, so that as you add more qualifications you can easily update them!

Carmen - the force is with you, even if you don't feel it -- come on, remember that ankle jewelry --- When you go on these kind of office retreats do they have a wide variety of food? or is like a glorified picnic with team building exercises (I've done both)

Hugs,
Julie

Chklithunder 06-01-2005 12:19 PM

Star - I thought about going tonight anyway, but I am not feeling very good about it. I know i fouled up, but right now I feel like I can make a fresh start today with this challenge. I think in the back of my mind if I know the extent of my damage I might subconsciously sabotage myself and become overwhelmed at exactly how much I have to lose. I would like to go in when I have had a NSV at this point, where at least I feel like I might be close to where I was to begin with. I hope I made sense (probably didn't) :rolleyes:.

Julie - I am dying to wear my ankle jewelry. DH and I went to the Improv last Thursday night and I did wear it then...I couldn't resist it. It jingles a lot when I walk. He loved it. I can't wait to wear it again. If I keep allowing myself these setbacks, summer will be over before I feel worthy! Geez! BUT again, that's why I've stepped up to the plate (no pun intended, trust me) with this challenge. The hardest thing to overcome will be the weekend. I plan to stock up on wine though, because I have a hard time getting my fruit in, but no problem drinking so... :cheers: ! Hey Julie on a side note, I thought you in particular would get a kick out of this: Awhile back you mentioned that you were sure I wasn't ready to even think about my DSs and girlfriends, etc. Well, yesterday my youngest (1st grade) came home with 5 digits on a torn off piece of paper. I asked him what it was for and he told me it was his girlfriend's telephone number. He says she asked if he would call her over summer break. He asked if he could call her and I said "sure, go 'head." Of course he could not get through, so I told him that perhaps her telephone was broken. I thought I would have to talk to my oldest about the girls (and have been), but my baby??? What is going on here? I guess I have to count myself as lucky that his "girlfriend" doesn't know her telephone number yet. :shrug:

Hey, no one has journaled except for me so far today. So I will go ahead and ask...HOW'S THE WATER COMING LADIES? For me, its 40 oz down, 24 (+) to go! :cheers: