Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #196  
Goal - 150 lbs.

Hey Everyone

I've been away for quite some time. Things have been very hectic. We have been trying to settle back down from all our excitment, between trying to find my SO a job that will not complicate our lives any further, moving in a friend who was in need of a way out of his dreadful situation, and then picking up in the middle of it to head off for a long vacation which was wonderful, but man it seems terrible coming home after a while and having so much to handle from when you were gone. Bleh.

I tried my first Carb Craver on vacation. Pizza!!!. It was a great snack, but me and my SO decided that I am never doing a carb craver again, because after having such a naughty food, all I could think about was cake and cookies, and cheesesteaks. I was craving junk food so bad I was getting mean. I did much better when I just avoided anything that was normally a big craving for me completely. I have been losing weight. My SO is my little slave driver. Everytime I look at something not on plan I get my reminder that it's bad. But its helping. I have been losing about 4 pounds a week and have lost a total of 20.4 lbs. So I can't complain.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:58 AM   #197  

Hi Firey - Welcome back......
What is SO?
You are doing great!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #198  

Talking L.A. stuff

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... tried the la twists..they are sooooooo good. i love crunchy snacks so these are just awesome. the bbq ones are my favorite. i also got the pina colada smoothie mix.... also awesome!! I got the trimax, fb500 and the carb enders too..hopefully they help to speed things along! lol love this site and these boards....i have tried other la weight loss boards in various sites, but they are not this active. so happy to be here!!

Old 06-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #199  

Linda - Good to know about the snacks. However, I don't use them. I did get some Biscotti's - the problem is I don't want to give up a starch and a fruit for one....?
About the FB500 and Trimax, I didn't mention this before, but I started taking them when I rejoined and in one month I lost 4.75 inches - I was impressed!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #200  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlynn
Linda - Good to know about the snacks. However, I don't use them. I did get some Biscotti's - the problem is I don't want to give up a starch and a fruit for one....?
About the FB500 and Trimax, I didn't mention this before, but I started taking them when I rejoined and in one month I lost 4.75 inches - I was impressed!

awesome! so happy to hear that about the FB500 and Trimax. never tried the biscotti. is it good? i am on the red plan w/o lites, so right now, i don't mind giving up a starch for the twists. way to go on the 4.75 inches!! woohoo! losing weight is awesome..lol.. sorry if i seem weird, i am just happy and hyper....
linda
Old 06-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #201  

Linda - Hum you are hyper? Are you drinking the Jetstart? Those are really good, but again I have to give up a dairy and fruit. The biscotti's are awesome, they come in TRIPLE CHOCOLATE........
As for losing the 4.75 inches. I know it was the FB & Trimax becuz I workout alot and that's the first time I've ever lost that many inches since joining LAWL. The only downfall is that I'm not that good at remembering to take pills, so actually I missed quite afew......
Old 06-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #202  
234/165.8/160

Star-What are the benefits of the FB5000 and Trimax? Never want to ask at COD, afraid I'll start getting the sales pitches. I had a bad, bad weekend with TOM cravings....up about 3lbs...dumb, dumb, dumb...okay, back to the positive self talk. I too am giving myself a couple of days to get back to start point before going to WI tomorrow. So far I have been POP since Monday.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:49 AM   #203  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone! Mandy, you look terrific. Congratulations again. Like I said, I want to be like you when I grow down .

I had a POP day foodwise yesterday, but I can't find my work ID/restroom key so I can't drink all the water I need during the day. Bummer. My DB and DCs came by last night and we had rum and coke and played cards. Good thing I had the starches left! I shouldn't have had the regular coke though. Ah well... Today is another day. Hopefully the laxative theory will hold true again, right Sy? I am having a hard time trying to figure out how I should handle Friday and Saturday, as Friday is my workday at Cedar Point, and then Saturday I will be BACK at CP with the whole family (minus stick in the mud DH) for my DBs company picnic. You can't bring your own food into the park so I'm guessing they will probably have some healthy choices there.

Ladies I am getting noticed left and right. Though my loss is reallly slow IMO, it seems like everyone is noticing at once, even though I STILL HAVEN'T DROPPED A SIZE. Another coworker, my DAunt from Pittsburgh, and the deaf guy who lives across the street from my DPs all said something about my weight yesterday. Well the deaf guy signed it but you all know what I mean. I like the way he communicates...he told me I was "shrinking." I thought that was v. cool!

Fiery - 4 lbs per week? Awesome. I know they say we are not supposed to lose that fast but I'll bet it sure feels great. I'd sure do it if I could.

Star - I started taking the FB500 this week too. Don't know if it will work but, I figure its worth a shot. I just don't want my loss to become dependent on it. I hope I can see some of those awesome results you are seeing!

Well you all, that's all from my side of the tracks. I hope you all have a nice and POP day!

P.S. Julie - miss you much!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:49 AM   #204  

Smile

Nope, no jet start. just a bit hyper not really sure why. LOL mmmmmm the biscotti sounds really good!!

linda
Old 06-14-2005, 10:50 AM   #205  

Jen,
FB500 are Fat Blockers. Tri-Max - Speeds up metabolism and decreases craving for carbs. I started taking them becuz my counslor at the COD says she takes them and they really help her. I didn't believe her at frist, but then when I got measured I became a believer.....
Sounds like we had the same bad weekend. On the bright side - most of my weekends are usually pretty good (as far as being on plan goes). Looks like it is gonna take me 3 days to ditch my 2 pound gain from the evil party on Saturday. As you said Jen, dumb,dumb,dumb......lol
Old 06-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #206  

Carmen - Way to go with all the attention! Your new nickname is 'Shrinker"
Healthy food at Cedar Point? That just seems soooooooooooo wrong.....lol
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #207  

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Congratulations Mandy

I started week 3 of stabilization yesterday. I have been having a hard time getting all of the food in. Also, I have been journaling my calorie intake; and it hasn't changed that much. I am still under my required calories for the day. I was doing around 1100-1300 and now I am doing 1200-1400. According to the calculator that I used from Wake Forest School of Medicine/Baptist Medical Center, I should consume about 1900 for my weight, height, and age without any additional exercise. I figure that I am doing alright. I am bloating for the horrid TOM so there is no telling what the scale will say when I go to weigh in this week. Although, I don't know when that will be. My truck wouldn't start this morning so I had to call my FI to come and take me to work. I guess I will have to ride with him again tomorrow. My mechanic/ex-FIL can't come to look at it until after work tomorrow

Oh well, I am having a bad week. Several different things are going on other than PMS, truck, and diet. Hopefully, it will get better soon.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #208  
Goal - 150 lbs.

Starlynn - SO is significant other. I can't exactly say DH because I'm gay and my marriage is actually a domestic partnership to another woman. SO is about the most discrete way to say it without putting everything out there and sounding off the alarms.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about quitting smoking and weight. I 've decided that with my weight loss I have been feeling so much better on a daily basis and the only thing holding me back is my smoking. Bleh. An eight year habit that has been a thorn in my side for quite some time. I want to quit, but I don't want to slow down my weight loss. I also don't want it to bring on any weight gain. I considered that maybe if I stop smoking I should take a metabolism booster to even things back out, but I hate the idea of taking pills to maintain a good metabolism, because then I feel like I will almost always need them even after I reach my goal weight. Plus, I wouldn't even know where to find a safe pill. Those things are so scary to me and I'm certainly not paying 70 to get them from LAWL. Has anyone else quit smoking while on plan, and what did you do to fight the drop in metabolism?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #209  

Melissa - Thanks for the lesson on SO......my SIL has a SO, I guess I should have figured it out, but duhhhhhhhhhhh....
Are you getting in any kind of exercise? That would help combat a slowing metabolism.

Metal - Hope your week gets better
Old 06-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #210  
Goal - 150 lbs.

Well I am not getting as much exercise as I would probably should or would like to get, but I do get some in. I definately could pump up my weight loss hours if I quit smoking. I am nowhere near 5 hours at this point.
Closed Thread