Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:27 PM   #31  

Jen - Low Fat Cheese - How could you You really know how to let loose. Here, take this three swift knocks to the head with the rolling pin....

Now don't ever do that again.....
Old 06-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #32  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Star... I do really like doing WW. I just can't figure out why I didn't stick to it before. I guess I just got lazy. Geez after all, I can eat whatever I want... Well within the points anyway..I'm really hoping to do better this time. Oh, and I rode the bike for 10 minutes yesterday...WOOHOO.. Now I have to go do the ultra track in alittle bit...
Old 06-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #33  

Rusty - Good for you getting back to the exercise.....I know your gettin ready for skinny dipping off that boat soon....lol

Where is everyone today? Oh well - tomorrow can only be better. I think Fiona will be back.......

Getting my hair cut and colored after work - tomorrow I will be a new chick....
Hugs til then....
Old 06-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #34  

Hey gals, back from class...

This is becoming a stressful week! I'm waiting to hear back from my mortgage broker about some last-minute stuff - I expected to hear from him first thing this morning and here it is practically close of business and nothing...I'm hoping to hear back from the one realtor guy about the job this week...well, we're running out of week! Sigh.

Have a good night...hopefully things will be looking up by tomorrow...

Fiona
Old 06-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #35  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Default I reached my Goal!!!!!

Hey Ladies-
this morning I was at 148.8! I reached my goal!
I'm feeling great. Went to the mall and tried on a bunch of clothes and then ended up going to a consignment store. I bought 2 pair of size 6 jeans!!! and two shirts. I think I'm an 8, but can wear some 6's if they have some stretch in them. I'm just so excited... It doesn't even seem real. DH has finals next week, so I don't think we'll be doing anything fun to celebrate until after that. It's ok though. I bought some new clothes. That is always fun.

I have some more weight loss weeks left (I know I keep mentioning this) So I'm going to keep going until those are up. If I lose more great and if I don't that's ok too. It's just crazy. Some of my "skinny" clothes that I was dying to get into are now getting baggy. Crazy I tell ya... just crazy.

This is going to sound corny, but I just wanted to thank all of you for being so great. You really helped keep me motivated during this last leg of my Weight loss journey.

Sy and Star- No need to be green. You'll be here soon and jumping up and down with me. It'll be fun.

Talk to you chicks soon.

Mandy
Old 06-03-2005, 07:18 AM   #36  

Mandy: CONGRATULATIONS! on reaching your goal. We are all proud of you, and while I'm a little green with envy, I appreciate your confidence in me at getting to my goal. Way to go girl! Glad you treated yourself to some clothes. Your amazing and what determination!

Karen: Glad your back on the bike and liking WW. Are you doing the flex points or the core?

Star: Didn't reconize you with the new color and haircut. I'd like to have the extra money for a facelift - that would be a good start, then the neck, the boobs, the waist/back areas and the knees (what would be left?). If I ever buy a mega-million lottery ticket and win, I'll be seriously thinking about it.

Jen: You wild women! An extra piece of low-fat cheese- LOL! Last summer I thought I was being wild by having an few radishes in the evenings (an extra veggie). LOL!

Irish: Sorry to hear about your slip by admitting that you ate a Luna bar instead of a LA Lite. Don't worry. In the future, if you choose a Luna, just write it down as a Lite and everyone will remain happy. LOL! I know what you mean about an increased grocery bill. It's expensive to eat healthy, but so worth it to be thin and healthy.

So far so good on the June challenge. The weekend will be proof that I'm serious about this! I plan on being OP. What about you?

Check back later, hugs - Sy
Old 06-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #37  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

CONGRATULATIONS MANDY...WTG... We are all very happy for you..

I only have a few minutes this morning. I get to work with the witch for about half the day...
Sy...I am doing the flex and loving it. I'm on day three of both exercising and being OP. I'm alternating each day with cardio and toning and taking Sundays off..
Ok Chicks, she just flew in on her broom. I'll be back later after she leaves...
Old 06-03-2005, 09:07 AM   #38  

Height: 5' 4"

I went to the COD yesterday! I was still 142 on their scale, but still 140 this morning on mine. I had eaten about an hour before I went in, hopefully, that is why I was the same. Anyways, I had them measure me yesterday. Check out the differences!

Before Now Difference
Bust 46.25 38.5 7.75’
Waist 41.75’ 29’ 12.75’
Hips 50’ 40’ 10’
Thigh 28.5’ 20’ 8.5’ each
Total 47.5’ LOST

I went from a tight 18 to a loose 8. I could probably get into a 6, but I am not going to push it. I have wide pelvic bones, childbirth didn't help any either.....

Congratulations Mandy!
I'm so happy you met your goal and that you are in the 140s with me! I went ahead and started stabilization this week. I am not paying for anymore weightloss weeks. I do feel that I have done well. I don't do any of their supplements, bars, snacks, TO, or meal replacements. And, I haven't exercised. I think 88lbs (on record) and 47.5' lost is good enough for me. Although, I still hope the last 2lbs will be off my record before I get to maintenance.

Last edited by MetalChic; 06-03-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #39  

Default It's FRIDAY

Morning my little chick-a-dees....

Mandy, I am with SY and so happy for you. I will be thrilled to join you and hope to be there by my use to be birthday date in July

Sy - It's me, that's my new doo...... NO really it turned out good. Got some nice hilites and a shorter cut, shoulder length - I think it lifts my face some. Oh and if you get a lower face lift the neck is usually included. You ask how I know That if my next big treat to myself

Rusty - Now you be nice to the witch or she could cast a spell on you
Keep up the exercise - it's all good..... Yell at me when she flys off on her broom.

Fiona - Please come out and play with us today, it's more exciting with you around.

Tomorrow DH is going back up north, we bought some more property and he has to do the closing. I get out of it becuz I really want a girls day out with mom. We go shopping, eat lunch, visit relatives - that kind of stuff. Use to be I couldn't keep up with her, but in the past five years she's had a hystorectomy, hip replacement and knee replacement. Finally, I can hang with her now and not be the first one to say "can we go home now?

Last edited by Starlynn; 06-03-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #40  

Good morning, chickies!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday - trying to get stuff done, pre trip ---
Bought a bathing suit yesterday at Walmart - did not want to spend a lot for it, since I expect to only get one season's use out of it (I fully intend to be at goal weight NEXT summer ) I was able to get a 14-16 for the top, and a XL for the bottom - I just have to tell myself that I will never see these people again -- so not to worry about my legs, right?

Did get my hair colored yesterday, and it looks pretty good -covers the gray at least. Also got SPF 50(!) sunscreen for when I reach Dubai.

However, I am wearing a pair of pants that were too tight the last time I left England, so I know I made progress over the past 18 months! That's a good NonScaleVictory.

Karen and Mandy WTG chickies! You guys are my beacon - showing me that it can be done with persistance - and never say die --

Jen - about the traveling - what do you like to do and see? Actually I've only really been traveling for the past few years - I decided not to wait for the perfect opportunity anymore, and just do it - but for me, it's enough to get in a car and see new scenery. At least in the US. When I'm doing something really brand new, I do wait for people to do it with - like the cruise, or the tour. My friend that lives in Dubai is truly intrepid - and travels all over the world - if she wasn't in Dubai, I probably would not go on my own. about looking sickly - the last time that happened was when I was between 135-140 - I think it's just the way my weight is distributed! No way that is too skinny for someone that is 5'4"!

Carmen - your DH must be a sweetie, to enjoy the tinkle of the ankle jewelry! Also, too cute about your DS and the phone number. It's actually a little sad, that the poor girl will probably spend all summer wondering why he doesn't call -- it sure starts early, doesn't it?

Sy - I think you missed your calling. You should be a chef or a nutritionist at some sort of resort. Star -- can you hear the cabana boys calling?

Irish - sorry that your counselor was a about the luna's - but luna's are NOT on the plan -- and that's what they go by -- you can always say that you bought lites off ebay to save $$$$, just always check of lite in your diary...Also, do agree that eating OP is expensive, with all the fresh stuff, and all the protein -- after all, you can buy a box of pasta for less then a dollar, but can you buy a pound of chicken breasts for less than 2$???

Star, what will you and DH do with the new land?

Hugs and skinny vibes!
Julie
Old 06-03-2005, 10:08 AM   #41  

Height: 5' 4"

Star, when is your used to be birthday?

Mine is July 24.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:09 AM   #42  

TGIF Chickies!!!

Went to WI last night with Jeans on because we were going walking I was 185.6 GRRRRRRRRRR I am stuck in the this 186-184 rut, and I can't seem to get out of it. The CO I had last night was so nice, I was honest with her about the Luna's and she said they were fine. I told her look I am already paying a ton of money for the program, plus extra food, plus my wedding, and I just can't afford $600.00 for a bulk of LA Lites.

Does anyone else here know about the promotion LAWL is doing, if you check in 3 times a week for the next 3 months you get a $25.00 gift certificate, at the end of each month??

Water Check *** 18 ounzes down (working on 3rd bottle now) 46 to go***

Last edited by Irishgirl; 06-03-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #43  

Good morning!

Wow Mandy!! Congratulations!! I hope by now you have done the Happy Knee-knocking Dance!!

I've been running circles trying to get stuff done around my house for next weekend and dealing with the car. Finally done with the car stuff - other than having it fixed.

Went to COD yesterday for the first time in a week and thought for sure I would be up...and no!! Finally broke my plateau (so hang in there Irishgirl!) ! As for the June challenge...so far so good! Although I have to opt out of the food diary online - I have not seen my room and pc until I go to bed most nights!

Congratulations to all who are losing and to those fellow-plateauers, hang in there! We can chip away at that plateau until it budges!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #44  

Thanks Solocat!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #45  

Default Hi Chikcs...

Karen - Girl way to go on the inches lost! Your total loss is about the size of a small child - right WOW!
I use to celebrate my birthday on July 5th. When I was little I always thought the fireworks on the 4th were really for me

Julie - I am so proud of you for getting a bathing suit - you deserve it, you have worked so hard Now you go and enjoy it! I just read a really good article in Self Magizine about "Happy Weight". It was just saying that we shouldn't put events off until we reach that magic number on the scale. It said that a big percent of people, even those who only 'think' they are overweight, hold off living until they reach the number. How many years are wasted just waiting for the number? They said way too many! It was a good article (did you write it?)
About our land, the new lots are in front of our 3 acre lot, right in front of the road, our driveway actually goes on the side of one of the lots. Across the street is the lake. Our total spread ( ) is now 4 acres. Right now we have a building that is between a pole barn and storage unit, 90x40. It has 3 sections, the large section has a bathroom w/shower, kitchen area, bedroom and tv area. We plan on putting a modular home up there but not sure exactly where. We didn't really buy the new lots for the home, but just becuz it's pretty with just trees on it.....

Irish - Glad you are so honest, but counslors at the COD are really from another planet - didn't anyone tell you that Once in awhile a more normal one sneaks in there, but usally won't last.
About the special, I'm going to WI at lunch and I will ask the .

Solo - Congrats for getting past your stuck spot Here's something I just read this a.m. at the gym about Plateaus.
Push Through Plateaus: When progress stops, and you can't seem to gain fitness or lose wegiht, ask two questions: Are my goals realistic, or am I expecting too much too soon? Do I need to change my program? Athletes, for example, often overtrain. Building in more recovery time could get you over the next hurdle. for what's it worth.

Last edited by Starlynn; 06-03-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Closed Thread