Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #151  

Good morning!

Anyone have a blanket and pillow and quiet corner? My kids have all arrived for the weekend and it looks like a bomb went off in my house.... I think between my three DD, they could open a department store complete with cosmetic counter!

Made it through the first night. Ordered pizza for all of them and the 2 DBF of theirs. Managed to eat a salad and some Boca burger patties. Went to the pinning cerermony and did eat one piece of pizza. Weird thing was...it didn't taste that great...

Pond Boy has been here all week and is doing a great job.... . Okay...I think he could do any job and it would be great! I have given him free rein to tidy up my yard....he is even going to use his truck to go to the dump for me. Super nice (cute too) guy....said he would do the same thing for his mom. Mom??!! Oh well, there goes that fantasy!

Hoping I can stay OP through this weekend with all of the company. Wish me luck! And I hope all of you have great weekends!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #152  

Default Morning

Rusty - Poor DHubby ........
Way to go with working out. BTW, go to 'Exercise Yard' to read something about the benifits of working out.

Solo - Your pond boy story reminded me of something my beautician mentioned last time I was there (she's in her 40's). She said "You know at our age we have nice rides/cars and our hair looks great from the back? Then you see this hot guy pull up next to you, you look his way, notice he is 20, he then turns his head real quick and speeds off - realizing we're his mother's age?"

Be back later........Hugs

Last edited by Starlynn; 06-10-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #153  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh Karen and Cathy, you two are too funny!

Tummy is better so i'm hoping to have a better OP day today! Lots of water! But i've decided I must get rid of that sourdough bread i got on my vacation.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #154  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey girls!!! Well i have popped in from time to time since my last visit but i have been so busy with things here that I just kept saying oh ill post later. Have been doing the same thing about being OP too. However I keep inching up a lb here and a lb there soooooo I am trying to get my butt back on track. I plan on going in for an official WI on monday they did call from the center and leave a message on my home phone so at least i know they were looking for me lol. I am in the process of making out a list of what im gonna get at the grocery store. The first thing im going to do is clean out the fridge/freezer and pantry(also the snack stash cabinet lol) my dad went to the doctor last week and they told him to cut out his sugar. So my mom has said that from now on they are only gonna eat what I can eat. This will help me out a lot because if i fix something that is just supposed to be for them like a starch and i dont have left i can have well if you just have one spoon it will be ok NOT!!!! I am also gonna do a scrapbook about my weight loss and start doing a weekly page about it. I didnt go back to the center this week because its TOM so i figured that next week would be just fine. Once i get a good stock of healthy food in the house i think it will be easier for me and them.

I will try to get caught up on reading the post soon lol. Wish me luck with that haha. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will check back in later.

Britt
Old 06-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #155  

- lost anothe post. Geesh, it drives me crazy. It has something to do with the mouse and I haven't figured it out yet!

Karen: You make me laugh. DH did have a chance, and got punched for no reason.

Solo: Mmmm, I wondered if you would find more work for 'eye candy'. Too bad about the comment about his Mom. Of course, he Mom could look very hot so it could have been a HUGH compliment! WTG with ordering pizza for the girls and their DBFs and not having any. I think you have joined the status with Star. You did so good last night, if you put your mind to it, you can stay OP over the weekend - company or not. Good Luck.

Star: Your stylist is so right. But, it works the other way around too. Did you ever see a nice looking guy from behind, and once you see him face to face, he's older than God? You see - we still have it girlfriend! My DH says that I'm an old man magnet.

Hugs, Sy

I'm hoping to lose this 5 lbs before I go to the on vacation.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #156  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Okay sorry you all I just have to share this... For the first time in my life I had a cherry tomato that tasted like candy! I don't particularly care for tomatoes, but if all of them tasted like this that would be a different story. I love summertime!
Old 06-10-2005, 03:17 PM   #157  

Default It's HOT here too.....

Went to COD
Down one pound.......

Sy - I know what you mean about old man magnet That's becuz we are too old for the young ones (pond guy) and too young for the old ones (older than God). There is a flaw in the system becuz the one's OUR AGE only want women young enuf to be their daughters

Carmen - Honey you must have broken your taste buds too
Old 06-10-2005, 04:08 PM   #158  

Latest installment of AFWT...

I mostly just need to vent because this mortgage business is screwed up to the point where I'm ready to tear my hair out and almost ready to call it quits on the whole business, except that I LOVE my (hopefully soon to be) house and there's not anything nearly comparable on the market right now.

Long story short (I don't recall how much of this I laid out in previous "episodes" ), when our new car loan suddenly showed up on our credit reports in the middle of May, it tanked our credit scores to the point that our ability to qualify for our mortgage is in jepoardy. I immediately paid over $1000 toward some of our credit card balances, in hopes that lowering the balances would bring the scores back up at least enough to qualify, if not all the way up to where they were. Well, even though all of those credit card companies "supposedly" sent their updated information to the credit bureaus as much as 10 days ago, the reports STILL have not updated to show the lower balances. And as far as I have been able to figure out, there is NOTHING I can do to speed up the process, and if they don't get updated in the next 3-5 days, I'm SCREWED.

Sigh - just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for putting up with me.

Fiona
Old 06-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #159  
217/177.8/150ish

Hmm you guys are too funny.. it seems lately that all the men that feel the need to talk to me are about 30 or so...I don't think their thinking of me in a mom sort of way either but hey its ok with me it never hurts to talk..

Last edited by buttonsinabox; 06-10-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #160  

Height: 5' 4"

I don't know what is going on with me, but I attract ALL ages. I mean from teenager to old men. My son and daughter have had friends or their friends older siblings make comments about how HOT I am I get comments, looks, and everything you can imagine from males of all ages. It's kind of scary, but nice at times. I also get carded all the time for alcohol. I even ask them sometimes.. How old do you think I am?.. before I show them my ID. They tell me 17 You should see the looks we get when my children call me mom out in public and I answer , they think its a joke Although, my son gets creeped out when people think that me and him are a couple

I updated my profile picture to one that was taken at my graduation last month. It's only a head shot, but you can tell what I look like in the face better than the other one. I need to put a new body shot up too. I would like to somehow find a way to put a before & after picture up. It is amazing what the difference is. I look so much more like ME than before. I know that kind of sounds strange, but I was starting to look like someone else, if that makes sense. Before LAWL, I had gained 30lbs in 6 months without knowing why.

Anyways, everyone have a great weekend.

Last edited by MetalChic; 06-10-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #161  

Fiona - Sorry to hear about your mess. It is a shame that the credit reporting companies take so long to get something right, but that has been my experience with them also. I guess they just get over loaded with information. I know that doesn't help you atl all. Maybe your mortgage company will let you write letters detailing your recent payment transactions?
On the bright side, does stress cause weight loss?
Hugs....
Old 06-10-2005, 04:39 PM   #162  

Default *

Karen - No wonder the males are goo-goo over you - you look FANTASTIC - Really nice picture! And congrats again!!

Oh and you do look 17 (that was intended as compliment)
Old 06-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #163  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlynn
On the bright side, does stress cause weight loss?
Hugs....
Oh, I wish it did for me...it seems to be the opposite.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchypoo
Oh, I wish it did for me...it seems to be the opposite.
Yeah, it sure does except when it makes me want to eat everything in sight.

Fiona
Old 06-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #165  

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Star
Closed Thread